• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Snowy in the Northeast...

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    Accompanied my son on his dog walking gig........he gets paid $8/hr to play with a dog.

Expecting a post any minute now about his "gouging" the owner for doing what others do for love......or a resident lefty will come in and say he should get $15/hr.

The day and the dog are great!

P1010321[1].JPG

P1010317[1].JPG

P1010322[1].JPG

P1010323[1].JPG

Got to put my wool to a little test.....

1612221614428.png

Those Johnson Woolen Mills pants are warm as anything. Too warm perhaps if doing serious activity.

22 inches right here in Metro NYC... The heaviest of the stuff seems to be over. Now it is a mix of snow and moderate-heavy rain, turning the streets into a giant cup of Slurpee. Good thing that the temps are actually expected to rise into the low 40s overnight. No freezing = easier job for anyone shoveling.

Be careful out there folks... The number 1 cause of fatalities in blizzards are heart attacks caused by overexertion while shoveling. Anyone can succumb to it because when you are preoccupied on getting a huge task done, you might not even be aware that you are overexerting yourself...

I'll get an accurate snow fall measurement in the morning here on the farm in Delaware County NY. I expect with prior snow accumulation 3ft should be about right.

We've a got a few flurries now, but it looks like we got about 4 inches on my God's Little Green Acre. Main road are just wet, side roads are slick.

Nice. Never rode a snowmobile but raced mx all growing up. They put some insane huge 2 stroke motors in some of those snowmobiles, bet they’re fun as hell to ride.

Snow machine people are insane with the modding they do to increase horsepower.

Edit add......Actually I guess all enthusiasts are nuts, chainsaw people in mind.........'Merica!

Looks heavy.....

If it's the same system that went through here on Saturday, it will be

It was wet and heavy AF. Industrial painkillers to the rescue for an aching back that night.

Might want to add some carbs to that breakfast...……...

Last edited:
    You mean pushing some snow over the turd?

Poor dog has had the runs lately....unsure what owner feeds him.

He took a dump yesterday and it came out lobster sauce.

My son looked at me knowing I am a carry in carry out person.

I said , just cover it with snow.

Perhaps had we walked back the same way it would have been a frozen pancake suitable to bag.

• Haha
    Reactions: 308pirate
    Now that is a proper cooktop

Bluestar....want to love it but this one is drop in. To really do it right it needs to be built in or a range.

This is our stove at work and what I truly desire.....

1612280422092.png

They would probably give me that beast if I asked for it and was willing to replace it with a standard range.

Thing runs a pilot for every feature and probably requires a dedicated fracking well just to sit idle.

Bluestar was once Garland.

Nice thing about the ranges and built in Bluestars is the "Crap Trays" that catch boil over or food stuff that falls into the open burners....see the trays under the control knobs?

My built in does not have that....in order to clean anything that drops inside the burner area you have to reach in from above and with limited access try to clean what you can....kind of a pain in the ass when all other members of the house hold think cooking requires high heat setting only and will be away from the stove as the pot of boiling shit boils over.

I love the ability the cooktop has for high heat but with my family a closed top Wolf might have been the way to go.

Hard to measure exactly what we got here in NE PA, but I would say close to 30". Low spots are maybe 20 or so, drifts are about 48". Had to take "bites" with the snowblower LOL.

Luckily prett fluffy here in western MA prolly 12-14 here lots of drifts tho. I’ve seen enough snow for this year tho...

Bluestar....want to love it but this one is drop in. To really do it right it needs to be built in or a range.

View attachment 7544510

They would probably give me that beast if I asked for it and was willing to replace it with a standard range.

That's close to $7K replacement cost new...…….

That's close to $7K replacement cost new...…….

What the stove?

I dont disagree. Getting the thing out of there and to my house though would probably cost a few grand.

Many of our places at work had similar stoves and they basically scrapped them to be replaced with a $600 GE conventional oven with 4 burner gas or electric cook top.

That is a full commercial cooking range from the days when people lived at work 4 days on 2 days off. They had a cook and regular meals prepared.

That griddle on the side and that steak broiler give me a hard on.

Im probably the only one that uses it now cooking pizza slices for "guests" as opposed to my coworkers that give them the same pizza slice microwaved. From me they get a nice crisp browned pizza slice, from them they get a ball of gooey shit.

When the kitchen was set up it was also outfitted with a full set of Griswold pans.

Few years ago one of the "bosses" decided to tidy up the place and tossed the Griswolds in the dumpster replacing them with teflon non stick pieces of shit.

Had I known I would have been gleefully dumpster diving. I had seen those pans and the devil said to me "No one will notice these missing" but the angel said "No that is not right"

Fucking angels.

• Haha
    Sunday afternoon at my central VA farm. Ended up around 12" out here, close to Blue Ridge mtns.
    Fun shooting white painted steel in this stuff...

Snow.png

View attachment 7544510

Thing runs a pilot for every feature and probably requires a dedicated fracking well just to sit idle.

Bluestar was once Garland.

Nice thing about the ranges and built in Bluestars is the "Crap Trays" that catch boil over or food stuff that falls into the open burners....see the trays under the control knobs?

My built in does not have that....in order to clean anything that drops inside the burner area you have to reach in from above and with limited access try to clean what you can....kind of a pain in the ass when all other members of the house hold think cooking requires high heat setting only and will be away from the stove as the pot of boiling shit boils over.

I love the ability the cooktop has for high heat but with my family a closed top Wolf might have been the way to go.
    You can't put it in your house if it is commercial for a restaurant as they typically are not insulated and require bigger feed lines. Restaurants do not require insulated stoves as the chefs know how to avoid getting burned.

You need a commercial version approved for residential use which doubles the price

Hope you get your cholesterol measured regularly. I am hoping we can go shooting again before you clog all of your arteries

Dude!

Where you been?

You only reading the bitching about the cost of PX ammo threads?

You can't put it in your house if it is commercial for a restaurant as they typically are not insulated and require bigger feed lines. Restaurants do not require insulated stoves as the chefs know how to avoid getting burned.

You need a commercial version approved for residential use which doubles the price

Good to know.

The hood to vent this thing would also suck every inch of air out of the house in about 30 seconds.

Reactions: Nik H

View attachment 7544564

Hmmm, lied to by the Bluestar guy.....they told me Bluestar was the new Garland.....Guess not.

Would love to have one of those.

Dude!

Where you been?

You only reading the bitching about the cost of PX ammo threads?

LOL...to each his own my friend

Reactions: pmclaine
    After two plus hours of snow humping....

image.jpg

Good excercise to keep my cholesteroils down......

Reactions: Nik H
    I'll have to start eating fried eggs and bacon smothered in sausage

Treat your temple right.......the masters of the universe have been trying to kill us for a long time.

Fat and excercise is where it's at.

Treat your temple right.......the masters of the universe have been trying to kill us for a long time.

Fat and excercise is where it's at.
    I wish I could do better on the latter. I ride a Peloton bike 3 times a week. I need to do a lot more but not sure what to do

I also need to stop drinking as much as I do...

I actually eat little but am still 25 pounds too heavy