• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So my left-leaning brother-in-law just doesn't know what to say

See... I like this guy. No position statement, no right or wrong. He's either keeping his opinions to himself (doubt it) or simply not deluding himself into thinking one side is righteous and the other is evil. He's just watching a fight and picked the guy in the red trunks instead of the guy in the blue trunks. I was hoping to see an all out slug fest which leaves both sides with their shit pushed in, crippled economically, infrastructure razed to the ground and their peoples utterly demoralized so that the USA and Europe could trot in from the north and west and the Japanese and the Chinese could trot in from the south and East and sieze all of the natural resources of both sides, install puppet governments and economically and politically punish them for 50 years while we put in a restricted breeding policy to try to repair all the damage that the Soviet regime's idiotic policies did to their gene pool.
love it

mine is selfish, I want Putin to get all the dirt out in the open and that will come when they control the country. You know Putin wants to fk Biden and the group bad

"My life, when it is written, will read better than it lived. Henry Fitz-Empress, first Plantagenet, a king at twenty-one, the ablest soldier of an able time. He led men well, he cared for justice when he could and ruled, for thirty years, a state as great as Charlemagne's."
I need to find this on you tube.

Knightsbridge was where the last of the Minis were made and JDC was me screwing up trying to type JDM Japanese Domestic Market, JDM. I have Mugen (fake, the real ones are over 2 grand) valve cover on it, The turbocharger and intercooler are both Garrett. IT has a flip-up fiberglass hood and the front and rear sub-frames are by MiniTec down in Georgia. I also put in a 3.4 final drive in the transaxle so I could use 1st gear and a cruise at a reasonable RPM. I still have to paint the car. I think I'm going to go with flat/satin black.

Oh, so you meant Knightsbridge and JDM, not Kinightbridge and JDC.

And I caught your stealth edit of 18C to B18C as well....

For a "car guy", you sure got a lot of things wrong about a vehicle that you are claiming to own...

Oh man, you got a fake Mugen valve cover on that bad boy too? No way, that's mad tight yo!

How much HP does your fake Mugen valve cover make by the way?

Driving by gas stations with my BIL, I commented on the high gas prices and asked him if he missed Trump yet. His answer was an adamant, snarky NO. Can't fix stupid.

Reactions: kmckinnon
Oh, so you meant Knightsbridge and JDM, not Kinightbridge and JDC.

And I caught your stealth edit of 18C to B18C as well....

For a "car guy", you sure got a lot of things wrong about a vehicle that you are claiming to own...

Oh man, you got a fake Mugen valve cover on that bad boy too? No way, that's mad tight yo!

How much HP does your fake Mugen valve cover make by the way?
So big mouth, want to put your money where your mouth is? How about you bet me say $50. I'll take a picture of the car with some reasonable identifying item that can't be faked and post it? I bet I post the pic before I ever get your $50...

So big mouth, want to put your money where your mouth is? How about you bet me say $50. I'll take a picture of the car with some reasonable identifying item that can't be faked and post it? I bet I post the pic before I ever get your $50...
Or you could, you know do it anyway just to fuck with him and poke him in the eye for being such a douche. Or you could choose not to and be a douche as well. I mean, you brought it up.

When I hear people rooting for Putin this is me……
1652638099539.jpeg

Or you could, you know do it anyway just to fuck with him and poke him in the eye for being such a douche. Or you could choose not to and be a douche as well. I mean, you brought it up.
I think you're right. Why add to the douche pool. Here are a couple of pics I just took with an identifying marker. It's unlikely you'll find a car like this anywhere let alone posing with a SIG MPX. I figured that was a weird enough combination.

Attachments

• car1 (Small).JPG
    car1 (Small).JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 135
  • car3 (Small).JPG
    car3 (Small).JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 129
  • car5 (Small).JPG
    car5 (Small).JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: Jgunner
snake oil grifter
Lots of Elon hate in here.
He actually produces a car that has perhaps the best auto pilot in the world.

"Don't hate the player, hate the game."
At least he's using legal means to make money.
Unlike our politicians that are grifting money and running sex trafficking in Ukraine. I want Putin to win so at least the theft of American tax money will slow down for awhile until the setup a new puppet government somewhere else.

Reactions: 308pirate
I think you're right. Why add to the douche pool. Here are a couple of pics I just took with an identifying marker. It's unlikely you'll find a car like this anywhere let alone posing with a SIG MPX. I figured that was a weird enough combination.
That's fucking rad! Hopefully you took my prod as encouragement. Snark was heavy but I really wanted to see the motor. ;) Apologies for any insult. None was meant outside the typical bear pit rib jab.

What can I tell you, it's a work in progress. I still have to finish the glass flipp-up hood. paint it and finish quite a few small things. Some find it easy to find fault instead of commenting on what others were able to do on their own. None of this is my wheelhouse. I'm a computer engineer, with no formal training in mechanics. I'm just a regular guy, with good friends who help me and I help them. I did all the work myself and the car has been running without issue for over 3 years. Although I'm not going to paint it myself. I guess after all of that work I just suck.

I compete in 3-gun when I have time and while not great, I'm improving, that's where the SIG MPX in the pic comes in.

The engine is a JDM Honda B18C Type-R. It has a Garrett turbo and intercooler and has been dyno'd at 300 hp at the wheels. The car with a tank of fuel weighs 1525 lbs.

So where's your identifying marker? Just because it happens to have a rifle in the photo doesn't identify it as being yours...

You got the name of your limited edition car wrong, you got the acronym of country of origin of your engine wrong, hell you even forgot half of the damn engine designation.

You admitted to having a fake Mugen valve cover. What would possibly make me believe you didn't just slap a fake Knightsbridge emblem on any old mini and call it the real deal?

And if it is real, the fact that you have butchered such a rare car by putting a japanese engine in it, then turboing it, covering it in fibreglass AND talking about spraying it flat black tells me everything I need to know...

So where's your identifying marker? Just because it happens to have a rifle in the photo doesn't identify it as being yours...

You got the name of your limited edition car wrong, you got the acronym of country of origin of your engine wrong, hell you even forgot half of the damn engine designation.

You admitted to having a fake Mugen valve cover. What would possibly make me believe you didn't just slap a fake Knightsbridge emblem on any old mini and call it the real deal?

And if it is real, the fact that you have butchered such a rare car by putting a japanese engine in it, then turboing it, covering it in fibreglass AND talking about spraying it flat black tells me everything I need to know...
Are you still here?

• Haha

You are an idiot....Mini's are anything but rare. They made millions of them, millions. In fact, you can still buy the shells brand new.

So, challenge me, idiot. You say that car isn't 50 ft from me in my freakin garage? Put your money where your mouth is. I say it again. You say a phrase like FUCK YOU! I'll write it out and take a picture of it on that engine. You send me $50 through PayPal. I bet you never send it.

Also, how about a race in your car....what have you got? In your name? The car you built....

You are an idiot....Mini's are anything but rare. They made millions of them, millions. In fact, you can still buy the shells brand new.

So, challenge me, idiot. You say that car isn't 50 ft from me in my freakin garage? Put your money where your mouth is. I say it again. You say a phrase like FUCK YOU! I'll write it out and take a picture of it on that engine. You send me $50 through PayPal. I bet you never send it.

Also, how about a race in your car....what have you got? In your name? The car you built....

We bought one for the granddaughter for college. She still raves about how cute it is.

Notice I didn't say mini's were rare, I said Knightsbridge Edition mini's are rare.

You think factory Knightsbridge Edition badged original mini's aren't rare? Ok man.

You think they made millions of factory Knightsbridge Edition badged original mini's? Ok man.

You think you can buy brand new factory Knightsbridge Edition badged original mini shells? Ok man.

How about you write "AbitNutz likes to suck fat dongers and doesn't know what he's talking about" on a piece of paper and take a photo of it from the inside held up against your steering wheel.

Motherfucker please, you didn't "build" shit. You're a parts swapper buying (fake knockoff) bolt ons at best. Did you fab up your own subframes? Did you lay up your own glasswork? You ain't even gonna paint it yourself!

You want to race? Put that thing in a container and bring it on over. It will be off road though, I hope you like rocks and sand. Don't back out now, a race was your idea remember.

Edit: Don't think I'm bashing your car, I'm not. I'm bashing you, the moron who owns it.

Notice I didn't say mini's were rare, I said Knightsbridge Edition mini's are rare.

You think factory Knightsbridge Edition badged original mini's aren't rare? Ok man.

You think they made millions of factory Knightsbridge Edition badged original mini's? Ok man.

You think you can buy brand new factory Knightsbridge Edition badged original mini shells? Ok man.

How about you write "AbitNutz likes to suck fat dongers and doesn't know what he's talking about" on a piece of paper and take a photo of it from the inside held up against your steering wheel.

Motherfucker please, you didn't "build" shit. You're a parts swapper buying (fake knockoff) bolt ons at best. Did you fab up your own subframes? Did you lay up your own glasswork? You ain't even gonna paint it yourself!

You want to race? Put that thing in a container and bring it on over. It will be off road though, I hope you like rocks and sand. Don't back out now, a race was your idea remember.

Edit: Don't think I'm bashing your car, I'm not. I'm bashing you, the moron who owns it.
What have you built?

Sorry, thought I was done with you after that tirade of yours. You asked for it, so here it is...your photo. Now be gone.
Where's my photo?

Attachments

• isiot2.jpg
    isiot2.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Can anyone tell me the timeline to when you'll be able to buy an EV off Craigslist for less than 5k and still have years of use left?

Can anyone tell me the timeline to when you'll be able to buy an EV off Craigslist for less than 5k and still have years of use left?

You may have a wait on your hands.

If there was an EV available for $5K the battery almost certainly would be near end of life meaning the capacity would be near non existent.

What can I tell you, it's a work in progress. I still have to finish the glass flipp-up hood. paint it and finish quite a few small things. Some find it easy to find fault instead of commenting on what others were able to do on their own. None of this is my wheelhouse. I'm a computer engineer, with no formal training in mechanics. I'm just a regular guy, with good friends who help me and I help them. I did all the work myself and the car has been running without issue for over 3 years. Although I'm not going to paint it myself. I guess after all of that work I just suck.

I compete in 3-gun when I have time and while not great, I'm improving, that's where the SIG MPX in the pic comes in.

The engine is a JDM Honda B18C Type-R. It has a Garrett turbo and intercooler and has been dyno'd at 300 hp at the wheels. The car with a tank of fuel weighs 1525 lbs.
300 whp and 1525lbs....damn...I can only imagine the smiles per gallon. My diesel has 500hp but it's nearly 6 times the weight. You would casually get to 3rd gear before you went full throttle and still smoke me in the quarter, lol.

Back when I was doing a lot of street racing with my '04 STI someone I raced shoehorned a turbo'd 4cylinder something or another into a geo metro and that thing cracked me up, he would mash the throttle, and then wait for the turbo to come in, once it did the headlights pointed to the sky and then he would fight like hell to keep the heavy end forward cause the torque steer was so bad it would fight like hell to jump into the other lanes. It would have been a great sleeper if it wasn't such a pain in the ass to control under power.

Branden

Reactions: Sean the Nailer

I'm guessing never, because the scrap / recycling value of the vehicle will be greater than that.

Also in normal cars, if you go looking around for sub $5k vehicles here, you are going to find nothing but real junkers that need a ton of work, parts and money poured in.

300 whp and 1525lbs....damn...I can only imagine the smiles per gallon. My diesel has 500hp but it's nearly 6 times the weight. You would casually get to 3rd gear before you went full throttle and still smoke me in the quarter, lol.

Back when I was doing a lot of street racing with my '04 STI someone I raced shoehorned a turbo'd 4cylinder something or another into a geo metro and that thing cracked me up, he would mash the throttle, and then wait for the turbo to come in, once it did the headlights pointed to the sky and then he would fight like hell to keep the heavy end forward cause the torque steer was so bad it would fight like hell to jump into the other lanes. It would have been a great sleeper if it wasn't such a pain in the ass to control under power.

Branden
Back around 2005-2009ish guys were doing bolt in swaps of a 5.0 into the Focus. Converted to RWD it was a beast.

Then there's the V-8 Miata....

• Haha
Reactions: Redmanss
There's a 5.0 mustang swap kit for the Miata. Last I saw on them you can use the factory hood until you went over 500 HP.
Back around 2005-2009ish guys were doing bolt in swaps of a 5.0 into the Focus. Converted to RWD it was a beast.

I remember a guy that had a VW bug with stupid HP and thought it was pretty cool. He embarrassed a lot of the muscle cars back then.
I have seen some car clubs that shun the tuner cars and think it's stupid. While I prefer big cubic engines and carbs I am impressed with what can be done with these tuners.
It's like bolt gun guys saying that there's no place for the AK and AR platforms.

Reactions: oneshot86

Saw a super charged v8 swapped miata that ran the quarter only once. It ran a 11.30, and they kicked him out because he didn't have a cage.

This was 1998 or so, when cars were judged based off the Mclaren F1 that ran a 11.1 quarter. Now you can buy a mustang that run's a mid 10, or if you have a bit of fuck you money, the Mclaren 765lt runs 9.9.

In 1997 I had a mustang cobra, 305hp, which at the time was 5 more than the c4 corvette, and I thought I was king shit. The 4 cylinder mustang now have more herspers than the 'ol 4.6L 4 cam v8 of then.

I just wonder what sort of power levels internal combustion engines would be making in another 25 years, if we were absent the electric car segment. 20 years ago 1000hp cars were very rare, and largely only track cars. Now, 1000 to 1800hp GTR's, Supras, turbo mustangs, turbo lambos and audis are getting quite common, and driveable on the street.

Branden

Saw a super charged v8 swapped miata that ran the quarter only once. It ran a 11.30, and they kicked him out because he didn't have a cage.

This was 1998 or so, when cars were judged based off the Mclaren F1 that ran a 11.1 quarter. Now you can buy a mustang that run's a mid 10, or if you have a bit of fuck you money, the Mclaren 765lt runs 9.9.

In 1997 I had a mustang cobra, 305hp, which at the time was 5 more than the c4 corvette, and I thought I was king shit. The 4 cylinder mustang now have more herspers than the 'ol 4.6L 4 cam v8 of then.

I just wonder what sort of power levels internal combustion engines would be making in another 25 years, if we were absent the electric car segment. 20 years ago 1000hp cars were very rare, and largely only track cars. Now, 1000 to 1800hp GTR's, Supras, turbo mustangs, turbo lambos and audis are getting quite common, and driveable on the street.

Branden

The $$$$ Electric cars put up very hard to beat numbers for the 0-60 and the 1/4th mile.

Branden

Give me a time machine and a Cadillac ATS-V and a bone stock modern diesel truck.

I bet both would wipe out most of the 1979 era hot rods from high school.

A new Mustang Cobra, Camaro ZL-1 and the Challenger would round out the package.

We could really fuck with people if our cell phones would work.

Once my Mini-Mean is finished (this summer). I'm lining up my next project, a Lotus Elise or Exige, and put a Honda K20 with a turbocharger on it. There are more than a few good kits out there for that swap and I already have an engine. That engine can put out a reliable 400hp and it even rotates in the correct direction.

Any Elise or Exige just screams out for a Honda engine and god forbid if it has that nasty Rover engine. That thing has through-bolts run from the cylinder head all the way down to the engine sump. Unbolt it and the whole thing falls apart like a stack of pancakes....and get this! The bolts they used were too small and they stretched. The engine leaks and blows every gasket it has. The design is crazy! My buddy has one and we're constantly screwing with it.

I'll have a 2-post lift in my garage by the 28th and that will make life a great deal easier. I bought it used from a reseller that specializes in pillaging dealerships and garages that go under. They go in and buy up everything lifts, tire machines, desks, all of it.

The thing that makes modern electric cars tough to beat is that they give 100% of their torque at 0-RPM. They also typically drive all four wheels with two motors so there is no front-to-back driveline. They usually don't have or need a transmission, so there are no losses there. 0-20,000-RPM is attainable. With those kinds of numbers, it's very difficult for an ICE to comepete.

But they lack the deep gutteral impact of cubic inch displacement.
The thing that makes modern electric cars tough to beat is that they give 100% of their torque at 0-RPM. They also typically drive all four wheels with two motors so there is no front-to-back driveline. They usually don't have or need a transmission, so there are no losses there. 0-20,000-RPM is attainable. With those kinds of numbers, it's very difficult for an ICE to comepete.
I have seen a few at the track and they impressed me with what can be done with electric motor. I guess I will wait for them to get put in a dragster/funny car and see what they will do. I think they will end up like the jet engine dragsters. Just end up being a demonstration.

Sorry, thought I was done with you after that tirade of yours. You asked for it, so here it is...your photo. Now be gone.

Me, tirade? Pot, meet kettle...

No one asked you to write LOSER across your forehead and take a selfie, that's all on you. And you didn't even do it in front of your car either. Shame job.

But they lack the deep gutteral impact of cubic inch displacement.

I have seen a few at the track and they impressed me with what can be done with electric motor. I guess I will wait for them to get put in a dragster/funny car and see what they will do. I think they will end up like the jet engine dragsters. Just end up being a demonstration.

Challenge for that kind of use becomes power supply, more specifically being able to deliver enough power without frying the battery. Find a lot of 4wd/twin motor EVs where the battery packs cannot run both motors at full output.

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
That's because consevatives have facts and reality on their side, while leftys are purely emotional.
That's why they're often hypocritical. Ban guns to save children, but don't mess with our "right" to abortion.
Why do you think leftist memes are so cringeworthy bad, they lack any reality. Memes, like a good joke, have to resemble some truth. It's all emotional with the lefty hypocrites, always getting triggered by some stupid shit. It really is a mental illness.

Is that a horizontal intercooler?