• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So my left-leaning brother-in-law just doesn't know what to say

Leftist psyche is like that of an abused and abandoned dog. Information contradictory to its belief is so overwhelming its frightening so it barks defensively, snaps at you, and pisses itself. Treat it as such and go at it slow.

My mother finally admitted to me that the reason I wasn't invited to this past Christmas was because I and my family aren't vaccinated. I didn't get an answer when I suggested that i'm sure the other times I wasn't invited was because I voted for Trump.

The part of love, is i'm the only one that voted Trump in the family, and i'm the only one that's got their shit together, and my brothers and sisters think that I owe them something for my hard work. I'm the baby of the family too, i'm 42. I hope they all choke and go broke under Biden, especially my cunt sister and her retarded cuckold shitbag professor no-nuts husband and her roomate boyfriend. I already know my other brother is gonna go broke with these fuel prices, but at least he knows he voted for it.

Branden

It's going to be awkward after the war in Ukraine when the left have to go back to being against nationalism, borders, and an armed citizenry.

They’ll just forget, like how they elected the potato and kamala on the anti raceism theme, and just forgot all about their VERY racist pasts.

I look at oil and gas as a big commodity pool. You have no idea where the gas you're buying is coming from. The key point is not to let Puttin sell it. Removing his fuck face from SWIFT pretty much kills his ability to trade crude for hard cash. Turning it in to Rubles is pointless. He might as well trade it for clams.

The smart move would be to temporarily turn lose our oil and gas drilling people and squeeze every drop and whiff of oil and gas out the ground here in the U.S. and fill that void...even subsidize it if we have to. Let Puttin drown and suffocate in his oil and gas and not be able to sell it.

I say temporary because let's face it. That crap will eventually kill us all. I'm a car guy. I've owned Detroit muscle a more than a couple of European semi-exotic cars but I'm here to tell you. My recently quired Tesla Model S puts them all to shame. Slow, noisy, antiquated shame. After owning an electric car I can't imagine going back to an internal combustion-engined vehicle. I feel like one of the freakin Jetsons driving it.
How does gas and oil kill us?

What are you going to power all of these cars with?

Can we all please have the discussion about the loss of energy everytime we convert one form to another.....shouldnt these be some talking points before we all jump on the elec car bandwagon? How do we transmit all the power that will need created?

Also....isnt there a conversation to be had about the earth, and us killing it? Where is this new "matter" coming from that is going to kill it?

I look at oil and gas as a big commodity pool. You have no idea where the gas you're buying is coming from. The key point is not to let Puttin sell it. Removing his fuck face from SWIFT pretty much kills his ability to trade crude for hard cash. Turning it in to Rubles is pointless. He might as well trade it for clams.

The smart move would be to temporarily turn lose our oil and gas drilling people and squeeze every drop and whiff of oil and gas out the ground here in the U.S. and fill that void...even subsidize it if we have to. Let Puttin drown and suffocate in his oil and gas and not be able to sell it.

I say temporary because let's face it. That crap will eventually kill us all. I'm a car guy. I've owned Detroit muscle a more than a couple of European semi-exotic cars but I'm here to tell you. My recently quired Tesla Model S puts them all to shame. Slow, noisy, antiquated shame. After owning an electric car I can't imagine going back to an internal combustion-engined vehicle. I feel like one of the freakin Jetsons driving it.
You didn't deserve those cars and I'll sleep better tonight knowing someone else will be taking care of them.

You didn't deserve those cars and I'll sleep better tonight knowing someone else will be taking care of them.
Having owned both a 1957 Corvette and a new 2021 Corvette don't tell me that older cars are better than newer ones. Electric motors are superior to internal combustion engines, 100% of their torque at zero RPM. capable 0-20,000 RPM ranges without the need for a transmission. Oil and cooling systems are drastically reduced. Maintenance is almost nonexistent. Longevity and durability? No comparison. I fully appreciate the lore, art, and beauty of 1971 Hemi Cuda but it is a dinosaur in comparison to a Tesla Model S Wanting to kill the electric car because it isn't an internal combustion engine is foolishness.

Reactions: Vodoun daVinci
My mother finally admitted to me that the reason I wasn't invited to this past Christmas was because I and my family aren't vaccinated. I didn't get an answer when I suggested that i'm sure the other times I wasn't invited was because I voted for Trump.

The part of love, is i'm the only one that voted Trump in the family, and i'm the only one that's got their shit together, and my brothers and sisters think that I owe them something for my hard work. I'm the baby of the family too, i'm 42. I hope they all choke and go broke under Biden, especially my cunt sister and her retarded cuckold shitbag professor no-nuts husband and her roomate boyfriend. I already know my other brother is gonna go broke with these fuel prices, but at least he knows he voted for it.

Branden
wait, she's married and has a live in boyfriend?

Having owned both a 1957 Corvette and a new 2021 Corvette don't tell me that older cars are better than newer ones. Electric motors are superior to internal combustion engines, 100% of their torque at zero RPM. capable 0-20,000 RPM ranges without the need for a transmission. Oil and cooling systems are drastically reduced. Maintenance is almost nonexistent. Longevity and durability? No comparison. I fully appreciate the lore, art, and beauty of 1971 Hemi Cuda but it is a dinosaur in comparison to a Tesla Model S Wanting to kill the electric car because it isn't an internal combustion engine is foolishness.
I prefer the old cudas but agree with you

Thank you for proving my point.

It's just hilarious when I ask, "At what point do you think the Ukrainians should pass some strict gun control laws? I mean with all that GUN VIOLENCE over there passing a bunch of laws restricting the Russian invaders from possessing firearms should cure the whole thing, right?"
funny if it weren't true. yeah just put up a 'no war' and 'no guns/armament' signs at their border and voila, the russians would have turned around, just like that bullsh1t works in nyc, baltimore, chicago, la, etc.

Branden
Dump them. I know it’s sucks and it’s blood but you don’t need that mess in your life. People like that only drag you down. And you don’t have to be blood to be fam. Don’t forget that.

Come talk to us when you got to replace all those batteries. Let me know how much that costs. Then explain how an EV saves the earth when we are likely burning much more coal to provide the extra power needed to charge your new EV. I’m also curious what they are going to do with all the extra lithium that is going to go into the ground when all these batteries are disposed of. I’d love to have a better option but I don’t think EV stuff is there yet. And from where I sit, they certainly aren’t better for the earth.

That I feel like one of the freakin Jetsons driving it.

12151145fe552962ddcb33b325b9c90d.jpg

Reactions: Carlos Danger

Branden

There were no options for thumbs up, love it, like, or anything else that were appropriate.
I will say I totally understand and give you a hearty hell yeah for standing your ground with family. It's gotta be tough.

I'm a car guy. I've owned Detroit muscle a more than a couple of European semi-exotic cars but I'm here to tell you. My recently quired Tesla Model S puts them all to shame. Slow, noisy, antiquated shame. After owning an electric car I can't imagine going back to an internal combustion-engined vehicle. I feel like one of the freakin Jetsons driving it.
You disgust me

Dump them. I know it’s sucks and it’s blood but you don’t need that mess in your life. People like that only drag you down. And you don’t have to be blood to be fam. Don’t forget that.

Come talk to us when you got to replace all those batteries. Let me know how much that costs. Then explain how an EV saves the earth when we are likely burning much more coal to provide the extra power needed to charge your new EV. I’m also curious what they are going to do with all the extra lithium that is going to go into the ground when all these batteries are disposed of. I’d love to have a better option but I don’t think EV stuff is there yet. And from where I sit, they certainly aren’t better for the earth.
Check out the recycling programs for Lithium batteries, I think you'll actually be impressed at the metals recovery that they're getting. It was several years ago when I looked into it, and it changed my mind about my concerns for the batteries when they were at the end of it's useful life.

I know Tesla is heavily invested in battery recycling, reconditioning, and development to get the batteries to have much better performance on change/discharge cycles.

I personally don't feel that the Tesla has a soul without a combustion engine, but i've spend my 42 years on this planet with sports cars, a diesel truck, and a minivan at one point or another, so it's tough to think about acceleration without the engine noise. If I had the disposable income, a plaid would be in my driveway because why not have a low 9 second 1/4 mile passenger car.

But seriously, check out the recycling technology in place now, and in development, I think you'll be impressed like I was.

Branden

Reactions: SilentStalkr
How does gas and oil kill us?

What are you going to power all of these cars with?

Can we all please have the discussion about the loss of energy everytime we convert one form to another.....shouldnt these be some talking points before we all jump on the elec car bandwagon? How do we transmit all the power that will need created?

You are seriously fucking retarded if you have to ask these questions

Let me show you something you might understand
nuclear%2Bpower%2Bplant.jpg

And

5367.AdobeStock_5F00_power-lines.jpeg

What about the loss of energy when we convert one into another? Did you invent some sort of petroleum distillation process that's net energy positive?

What is YOUR solution?

• Haha
Reactions: SilentStalkr
You are seriously fucking retarded if you have to ask these questions

Let me show you something you might understand
nuclear%2Bpower%2Bplant.jpg

And

5367.AdobeStock_5F00_power-lines.jpeg

What about the loss of energy when we convert one into another? Did you invent some sort of petroleum distillation process that's net energy positive?

What is YOUR solution?
Oh so that's where the water comes from in the cooling towers. I was trying to wrap my mind around where that comes from...that makes sense, and i'm disappointed in myself for not sorting that out on my own, but I have been huffing paint for many years, and i'm not surprised that it's slowly making me dumber. Gotta look at the bright side though, at least i'm not so dumb that I vote democrat.

Branden

Reactions: Bender
Oh so that's where the water comes from in the cooling towers. I was trying to wrap my mind around where that comes from...that makes sense, and i'm disappointed in myself for not sorting that out on my own, but I have been huffing paint for many years, and i'm not surprised that it's slowly making me dumber. Gotta look at the bright side though, at least i'm not so dumb that I vote democrat.

Branden

I wasn't responding to you with that post, so I'm not really sure WTF you're trying to say.

But you do you

Check out the recycling programs for Lithium batteries, I think you'll actually be impressed at the metals recovery that they're getting. It was several years ago when I looked into it, and it changed my mind about my concerns for the batteries when they were at the end of it's useful life.

I know Tesla is heavily invested in battery recycling, reconditioning, and development to get the batteries to have much better performance on change/discharge cycles.

I personally don't feel that the Tesla has a soul without a combustion engine, but i've spend my 42 years on this planet with sports cars, a diesel truck, and a minivan at one point or another, so it's tough to think about acceleration without the engine noise. If I had the disposable income, a plaid would be in my driveway because why not have a low 9 second 1/4 mile passenger car.

But seriously, check out the recycling technology in place now, and in development, I think you'll be impressed like I was.

Branden
Can you provide some links to current recycling? I have never been able to find active programs, only "developing technology".

How much does it cost to replace a Tesla battery?​

Tesla battery replacement cost varies depending on the labor and parts needed. Typically, the most basic battery replacement in tesla costs between $13,000 and $14,000. For the Model S premium sedan, replacing a Tesla battery costs around $13,000-$20,000. Model 3 entry-level sedan and Model X premium SUV battery replacement can cost at least $13,000 and $14,000 respectively.

Also, you may have to pay around $20-200 for replacement parts like wiring and connectors. The labor charge may cost you nearly $175 per hour. Always be ready to shell out a few more dollars in additional labor charges if the repairs are complex or have any problems with the replacement.
On the other hand, the current battery modules should last 300,000 to 500,000 miles or 1,500 cycles. So, you may have to do Tesla battery replacement once or twice during the vehicle’s lifetime. The company will handle the necessary repairs if the battery capacity falls below 70% during the warranty period.

🤔 OR 1,500 cycles ?

How much does it cost to replace a Tesla battery?​

Tesla battery replacement cost varies depending on the labor and parts needed. Typically, the most basic battery replacement in tesla costs between $13,000 and $14,000. For the Model S premium sedan, replacing a Tesla battery costs around $13,000-$20,000. Model 3 entry-level sedan and Model X premium SUV battery replacement can cost at least $13,000 and $14,000 respectively.

Also, you may have to pay around $20-200 for replacement parts like wiring and connectors. The labor charge may cost you nearly $175 per hour. Always be ready to shell out a few more dollars in additional labor charges if the repairs are complex or have any problems with the replacement.
On the other hand, the current battery modules should last 300,000 to 500,000 miles or 1,500 cycles. So, you may have to do Tesla battery replacement once or twice during the vehicle’s lifetime. The company will handle the necessary repairs if the battery capacity falls below 70% during the warranty period.

🤔 OR 1,500 cycles ?

When they say cycles I'm pretty sure it means full charge cycles. I also think that means that 1500 full charge cycles is the same as 3000 cycles from 50% to 100% charge.

Anyway, assuming you get 250 - 300 miles per full charge, 1500 cycles does work out to 375,000 - 450,000 miles

When they say cycles I'm pretty sure it means full charge cycles. I also think that means that 1500 full charge cycles is the same as 3000 cycles from 50% to 100% charge.

Anyway, assuming you get 250 - 300 miles per full charge, 1500 cycles does work out to 375,000 - 450,000 miles
I need to learn more about these batteries.
I was under the impression that the "cycle" was discharge then charge - whether from 20% or 80% - it still counted as a cycle?

I need to learn more about these batteries.
I was under the impression that the "cycle" was discharge then charge - whether from 20% or 80% - it still counted as a cycle?

I don't know for sure, which is why I said "I THINK"

ETA: it seems most definitions I can find on the web state that a "cycle" is one that goes from full charge to essentially no charge

Last edited:
Just like my trucks Warranty, ? miles or ? years. The math is in their favor.
Which explains a lot about the strange phone calls and messages I have been receiving.

I don't know for sure, which is why I said "I THINK"
You are correct.... since you made me google it. LOL

There are only so many times a battery can undergo the process of discharging and recharging before it completely breaks down. Cycle life refers to how many complete charges and discharges a rechargeable battery can undergo before it will no longer hold a charge. A charging cycle is completed when a battery goes from completely charged to completely discharged. Therefore, discharging a battery to 50% and then charging it back up to 100% would only be counted as 1/2 of a single battery cycle.

Battery cycles are used as an estimate of what a battery's overall lifespan will be. If you have a sealed lead acid (SLA) battery with a lifespan of 500 cycles, you can reasonably expect it to last 500 complete charging cycles. Keep in mind that the estimated number of charging cycles does not always indicate how long a battery will last since there are other factors at work, including what temperatures the battery is exposed to and how well it is maintained.

I'm happy GA is building a new nuclear plant but that doesn't solve distribution.

The current distribution network is incapable of supporting even a small fraction of EV's to be charged at home (and I work from home). It would cost billions to replace/update it. We had new poles installed in front of mine and three neighboring houses on my street. Contractor, not the provider. Only half the wires were moved over, so now we have two poles and big piles of dirt in front of several houses. It's been about 18 months now.

They just put in a new subdivision with about 40 houses on our street. Another property was just sold that will be much larger. They have built at least a dozen new houses in the neighborhood behind me in the past few years. All these are coming off the same power lines that provide my home.

I was given an estimate of close to $15,000 to change out the transformer, install new wires from the street, and modify my home to support a charging outlet for an EV. This was in 2016. We already have surcharges for running AC on "peak days". My portable/job-site table saw trips the breakers. Yeah, I live in an older home - but the panel was replaced when renovated before I bought it.

I'm happy GA is building a new nuclear plant but that doesn't solve distribution.

The current distribution network is incapable of supporting even a small fraction of EV's to be charged at home (and I work from home). It would cost billions to replace/update it. We had new poles installed in front of mine and three neighboring houses on my street. Contractor, not the provider. Only half the wires were moved over, so now we have two poles and big piles of dirt in front of several houses. It's been about 18 months now.

I was given an estimate of close to $15,000 to change out the transformer, install new wires from the street, and modify my home to support a charging outlet for an EV. This was in 2016. We already have surcharges for running AC on "peak days". My portable/job-site table saw trips the breakers. Yeah, I live in an older home - but the panel was replaced when renovated before I bought it.

If there ever was an infrastructure investment that a conservative government should stimulate, improving our electrical generation and distribution capacity has to be near the top of the list.

Reactions: NoDopes and FWoo45
You are correct.... since you made me google it. LOL

There are only so many times a battery can undergo the process of discharging and recharging before it completely breaks down. Cycle life refers to how many complete charges and discharges a rechargeable battery can undergo before it will no longer hold a charge. A charging cycle is completed when a battery goes from completely charged to completely discharged. Therefore, discharging a battery to 50% and then charging it back up to 100% would only be counted as 1/2 of a single battery cycle.

Battery cycles are used as an estimate of what a battery's overall lifespan will be. If you have a sealed lead acid (SLA) battery with a lifespan of 500 cycles, you can reasonably expect it to last 500 complete charging cycles. Keep in mind that the estimated number of charging cycles does not always indicate how long a battery will last since there are other factors at work, including what temperatures the battery is exposed to and how well it is maintained.
Additionally, in the lithium battery world and somewhat dependent on chemistry, when you reach the listed cycles at 100% discharge and recharge the battery should still be able to charge to 80% of its original capacity. This is why you might see some companies claiming life cycles of 1500, 3000, or even up to 5000 cycles with the same chemistry. It's all in how they write the spec sheet.

Can you provide some links to current recycling? I have never been able to find active programs, only "developing technology".
I wrote that back in March, and the research I did was the year before. I wasn't writing a research paper, nor researching it for any useful reason other than general curiosity, so no, I can't provide links because I didn't record them. The info is readily available via google, which is what I used.

Branden

I met with one of the bigger Battery Manufacturers recently and we discussed how hard it is to recycle Lithium Ion batteries (didn't sound like they had a solid plan in place yet). Lead acid by contrast is pretty much 100% recyclable.

Battery recycle.
I only come up with info stating =
"We are aware of the recycling issues and are currently working on a green and good for the environment way to process and recycle the batteries in a clean and safe way, for the children."

I met with one of the bigger Battery Manufacturers recently and we discussed how hard it is to recycle Lithium Ion batteries (didn't sound like they had a solid plan in place yet). Lead acid by contrast is pretty much 100% recyclable.

I have to laugh at all the idiot naysayers. Every problem they bring up already has shitload of people and money allocated to find a solution. You know who ISN'T working on a solution? Them.

I'm sure these are the same idiots who thought Kennedy was insane when he said that we would go to the moon and back in 9 years.

• Haha
Reactions: jakelly
You are spot on, however, until they get batteries small enough and powerfull enough and cheap enough to have more than a +- 400 mile range (in the best conditions) AND until we have an electrical grid that can support the move to electric vehicles, internal combustion vehicles aren't going anywhere. It would take me more than at least twice as long to drive from MN to CO to elk hunt and I would have to bring a generator along to charge the vehicle up at the trailhead to get back to someplace with an electrical plug to start the ride home.

But as soon as they solve the range issue, I am in.

I can fill my VW diesel jetta up in 3-4 minutes and drive almost 500 miles on a tank. It takes how long to charge up your Tesla???? and how many miles do you get on a charge??? and $18,000 to replace the battery......... No thanks.

OP, liberalism is like anal warts. Your Left leaning BIL will never admit he has them but his ass has to itch and burn terribly each time he pays quadruple to fill his gas tank.

Last edited:
We still need oils for lubrication no matter what the motive power is (don't we?). The Greenies forget that electric cars still have wheel bearings, etc...
I remember 40-50 years ago that there was an Austin/Morris car with a plastic gearbox that used water as a 'lubricant'.
Yeah, those cars only produced about 40HP, and the venture went nowhere.
Anyway..what about Hydrogen as a fuel?
It's a growing 'thing' here in New Zealand. Lots of infrastructure needed to get it ready for the public to use...and will be a huge amount of work/cost in a big country such as USA.
But, this might give you some ideas...the Nexo is an electric car but can be on the road again after a 5 minute top up of Hydrogen and will cover ~400 miles before needing more 'fuel'.
https://www.nzhydrogen.org/nz-hydrogen-projects
https://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/road-tests/117738145/first-drive-road-test-review-hyundai-nexo

You are spot on, however, until they get batteries small enough and powerfull enough and cheap enough to have more than a +- 400 mile range (in the best conditions) AND until we have an electrical grid that can support the move to electric vehicles, internal combustion vehicles aren't going anywhere. It would take me more than at least twice as long to drive from MN to CO to elk hunt and I would have to bring a generator along to charge the vehicle up at the trailhead to get back to someplace with an electrical plug to start the ride home.

But as soon as they solve the range issue, I am in.
Agreed. There are some innovations on the horizon, mostly sulfur based. Since it is a byproduct the cost is very low and it would replace a great deal of the heavy metals being used now. I believe it was Caltech that was the pioneers of sulfur based batteries but I could be wrong. Their targets for viability were incredibly high, including something like full charge from zero in 3-5 minutes. Anyway, Theion is working on them too and is making claims of adding upwards of 300% travel distance to EV's. A 90% cheaper battery with triple capacity towards travel distance. Just the tech needed to make it a more realistic replacement of gas for a majority of people. Too bad they aren't a public company, would be nice to get on the ground floor of one of these companies.

To the op, your BIL is an idiot and I wouldn't expect that to change ever. Cognitive ease is a hell of a drug.

Battery recycle.
I only come up with info stating =
"We are aware of the recycling issues and are currently working on a green and good for the environment way to process and recycle the batteries in a clean and safe way, for the children."
Previous to reading the linked article, I was only aware of China doing some recycling but it was cost prohibitive even with an expendable workforce. Reminds me of the Futurama epsiode where they go to the recycling planet. "OK kids, find the shiny"
r/futurama - Ok kids, who wants to play find the shiny!

Reactions: Jgunner
The only reason Tesla makes money is from selling “carbon credits”. Literally the biggest scam/hustle on the planet. The cars are made at a loss. Elon is the biggest snake oil grifter since the dawn of man. But hey, enjoy your ugly virtue signaling, tight jean, soy mobile. It runs on coal and natural gas anyway you moron.

So he has been anti-gun as long as I have known him since he married my sister. It's not even a topic that can be brought up during family get-togethers. I go over to my sister's house for my mother's birthday and there he is espousing how brave and wonderful the Ukrainian people are for defending their homeland against that evil bastard Putin! I wholeheartedly agree.
I point out that they're handing out fully-automatic weapons, machineguns, at police stations. They're ging them to civilians. I ask him would he fight in the streets for his country?
He jumps on it and says not only yes but hell yes!
I said, huh, that's funny. You told me there was something wrong with me for owning guns. Is there still something wrong with me? Oh, by the way. I'm looking to see if there are groups forming here. like there are in Europe. to open their homes to the Ukrainian refugees. Are you in? You have a big house. He didn't say shit.
So why did you let him into the family? Is your sister the same?