• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So my left-leaning brother-in-law just doesn't know what to say

The only reason Tesla makes money is from selling “carbon credits”. Literally the biggest scam/hustle on the planet. The cars are made at a loss. Elon is the biggest snake oil grifter since the dawn of man. But hey, enjoy your ugly virtue signaling, tight jean, soy mobile. It runs on coal and natural gas anyway you moron.

Link? Particularly links to Tesla's COGS?

DD302CBC-37DC-48A6-AEAB-E1D0B2F09671.jpeg

You don't know how much it costs Tesla to make any car. I know that you don't know. And you know that I know.
It’s about $36,000, after all their magic accounting hoops they jump through.

If it were not for the “carbon credits” on the backs of industry that actually produces (oil and gas that are FORCED to buy the make believe credits) Tesla would have failed years ago. You know it, and I know that you know it.

It's too bad he's going broke selling cars. I like my Model S.

9D4E944C-2CB9-46E8-A5F4-ED0C7C5F2401.gif

Oh, he ain’t broke, he grifted well and is far from poor.

It’s the same lie that builds wind farms, “carbon credits” printed out of thin air, on the backs of actual profitable industries.

I say temporary because let's face it. That crap will eventually kill us all. I'm a car guy. I've owned Detroit muscle a more than a couple of European semi-exotic cars but I'm here to tell you. My recently quired Tesla Model S puts them all to shame. Slow, noisy, antiquated shame. After owning an electric car I can't imagine going back to an internal combustion-engined vehicle. I feel like one of the freakin Jetsons driving it.

You don't sound like a car guy. You sound like a guy who only sees cars as an inconvenient way to move yourself from A to B and were chasing status symbols to project an outward appearance.

Your new tesla gets you the status you want, without all the "slow, noisy, antiquated shame" that real car guys don't see as "shame" at all. Owning a tesla is the real shame, and a guy like you is definitely NOT a "car guy".

Hopefully those cars are now with better owners who enjoy them for exactly the slow, noisy, antiquated machines of pure joy that they are.

I'm looking for hard facts.

When someone says "Tesla loses money on every car they make" I would expect them to show the cost of goods sold and revenue for each model.

Your article doesn't. It just says "believe me because I said so".

Please share with us how selling carbon credits out of thin air isn’t a scam.

Don't change the subject.

You said Tesla loses money on every car they sell. That is a statement that needs to be backed up by a simple pair of numbers: cost of goods sold and revenue for same.

You don't sound like a car guy. You sound like a guy who only sees cars as an inconvenient way to move yourself from A to B and were chasing status symbols to project an outward appearance.

Your new tesla gets you the status you want, without all the "slow, noisy, antiquated shame" that real car guys don't see as "shame" at all. Owning a tesla is the real shame, and a guy like you is definitely NOT a "car guy".

Hopefully those cars are now with better owners who enjoy them for exactly the slow, noisy, antiquated machines of pure joy that they are.

Who the fuck are you to decide what a car guy is or isn't?

Taking sides on the Ukraine situation with Russia is beyond foolish. There is no good guy in that fracas, including the USA. By taking a side you're just taking the wrong side no matter which side you choose.
I'm still hoping Russia kicks their ass

I'm still hoping Russia kicks their ass
See... I like this guy. No position statement, no right or wrong. He's either keeping his opinions to himself (doubt it) or simply not deluding himself into thinking one side is righteous and the other is evil. He's just watching a fight and picked the guy in the red trunks instead of the guy in the blue trunks. I was hoping to see an all out slug fest which leaves both sides with their shit pushed in, crippled economically, infrastructure razed to the ground and their peoples utterly demoralized so that the USA and Europe could trot in from the north and west and the Japanese and the Chinese could trot in from the south and East and sieze all of the natural resources of both sides, install puppet governments and economically and politically punish them for 50 years while we put in a restricted breeding policy to try to repair all the damage that the Soviet regime's idiotic policies did to their gene pool.

I was at a car cruise a couple weeks ago and more than a few people had a Ukrainian flags on their cars. I mentioned to my left leaning brother that it blows my mind how fast some people will jump both feet into supporting some complicated foreign policy matter. He instantly responded with "Well that's how our capitalist system conditions people to go along what they want". How he managed to fit capitalism in there was amazing and didn't see any irony talking about "conditioning" when he fired off that response like he was the manchurian candidate. This is just my attempt to connect the topics in the thread. :LOL:

Don't change the subject.

You said Tesla loses money on every car they sell. That is a statement that needs to be backed up by a simple pair of numbers: cost of goods sold and revenue for same.
Carbon credits are what carries the rest, but you’re and engineer and never wrong, so I don’t know why I bother

Yeah, well...I've got a Kinightbridge Mini with a JDC Honda B18C with a GT2863 turbocharger in it. It Weighs 1550 lbs and put out 300 HP at the wheels.

Last edited:
Reactions: Numedal
Who the fuck are you to decide what a car guy is or isn't?

What, have you pissed shares into teslas giant ponzi scheme or something? Reset your snarkometer and chill out.

I'll ask you this though, what kind of "car guy" uses the word shame when talking about Detroit muscle? Not any that I know of.

Carbon credits are what carries the rest, but you’re and engineer and never wrong, so I don’t know why I bother

You still can't show a simple set of numbers to prove your claims.

Got it.

Moving on......

Yeah, well...I've got a Kinightbridge Mini with a JDC Honda 18C with a GT2863 turbocharger in it. It Weighs 1550 lbs and put out 300 HP at the wheels.

Kinightbridge?

JDC?

18C?

Last edited:
I totally appreciate what tesla has been able to do and I think most average people don't know or care about the mechanical art of classic cars. A Tesla is a very fine and practical home appliance but it will never be a classic car. I have a suppressed 300 norma mag with a schmidt and bender but I constantly resist the urge to build a flintlock. If I bought a plane, I would really want something with a radial engine. If I bought a motorcycle, I would want a harley even though a hayabusa would be faster. It's the experience that makes it fun , not just the performance. I really need to put my 64 C10 back together because daily driving a holley carb, V8, stick shift, rear wheel drive combo is mental therapy.

you can totally change there minds .

hqdefault.jpg

helping him reach Valhalla one burning arrow at a time .
wgl58Qy.jpg

gasoline it not just for monks protesting (also works on rotten mother in laws , or brother in laws ) . lol

Kinightbridge?

JDC?
Knightsbridge was where the last of the Minis were made and JDC was me screwing up trying to type JDM Japanese Domestic Market, JDM. I have Mugen (fake, the real ones are over 2 grand) valve cover on it, The turbocharger and intercooler are both Garrett. IT has a flip-up fiberglass hood and the front and rear sub-frames are by MiniTec down in Georgia. I also put in a 3.4 final drive in the transaxle so I could use 1st gear and a cruise at a reasonable RPM. I still have to paint the car. I think I'm going to go with flat/satin black.

Reactions: Jgunner
That is a great movie. Very underrated.
"My life, when it is written, will read better than it lived. Henry Fitz-Empress, first Plantagenet, a king at twenty-one, the ablest soldier of an able time. He led men well, he cared for justice when he could and ruled, for thirty years, a state as great as Charlemagne's."