• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes So, what about Leupold Mark 5 ?

This makes me want to just get the 25x instead of the 35x now. 12 yard difference at 1,000yds is not what I was expecting. How do you calculate that?
Take the distance divide by the magnification. Example: 10x at 1000 yards makes the target look like its 100 yards away

Take the distance divide by the magnification. Example: 10x at 1000 yards makes the target look like its 100 yards away

Can you ever really have too much magnification, especially if the glass is clear? I’m looking at the 7-35 h59 now for my 6 creed.

Can you ever really have too much magnification, especially if the glass is clear? I’m looking at the 7-35 h59 now for my 6 creed.
Depends on the weather conditions. Mirage is something I deal with all the time or most of the time, I’m using 16-20x on my 25x scope. I had a 32x nxs a while back & it was clear but I rarely used it at max magnification. That’s why I prefer 20-25x scopes & I like wider fov when I’m shooting but some people like high mag scopes so I guess it’s more personal preference. If you have to deal with mirage then I like the 25x so the reticle will be bigger when I turn it down some vs 35x. For small calibers like 22 & 6mm more mag can help with paper targets. If mirage is a problem go 25x & if it’s not your lucky & 35x will be nice

Last edited:
Reactions: MarinePMI
More versatility with the Horus..my 5-25 is the Non-Ill TMR and I love it. I might end up staying with the TMR with the 7-35

I am debating add the tmr for my hunting 300wm. I went t3 on the creed and like it so far. But I can look beyond the busyness and focus on my target

Has anyone had an issue with either model of the Mark5 HD?

If you look back some pages you’ll see that I had to return my 5-25 because it came to me with a dirty reticle and the hash marks didn’t align on the elevation turret. They gave me a full refund. My 3.6-18 is flawless and great though.

If you look back some pages you’ll see that I had to return my 5-25 because it came to me with a dirty reticle and the hash marks didn’t align on the elevation turret. They gave me a full refund. My 3.6-18 is flawless and great though.

Gotcha yeah I missed that my bad. But good to hear they came through for ya and got u a solid optic. Which reticle did you go with?

Has anyone had an issue with either model of the Mark5 HD?

Yes. Elevation turret and 3rd turn indicator were not working properly on my Mk5 3.6 out of the box. CS spent over an hour on phone trouble shooting it with me and sent a return tag. However, we appeared to resolve the issues. So, I'm going to shoot the thing and see if it works before returning.

Now, if CLE would just hurry up and get my barrel to me then I could get this thing to the range.......

Yes. Elevation turret and 3rd turn indicator were not working properly on my Mk5 3.6 out of the box. CS spent over an hour on phone trouble shooting it with me and sent a return tag. However, we appeared to resolve the issues. So, I'm going to shoot the thing and see if it works before returning.

Now, if CLE would just hurry up and get my barrel to me then I could get this thing to the range.......

Has anyone seen the mil pricing on the 7-35?

Last edited:
May have missed it when reading through the 25 pages of comments, but has anyone done a tracking test on the 5-25? Seems like that's been a common gripe historically, understandable, curious how the Mk5 HD scopes are performing now.

Thanks!
I had mine out for a full week of PD shooting last summer. That thing tracked like a tank, and always RTZ. Been pretty happy with it (5-25T3)

I had mine out for a full week of PD shooting last summer. That thing tracked like a tank, and always RTZ. Been pretty happy with it (5-25T3)

Thats good to hear! It seems like a solid scope for sure. Do you use it for PRS or any other uses? Curious how it performed in different conditions for you.

Thanks!

Reactions: Jonnyb0381
I've used it mostly for PD shooting (.223) but it has performed well. Both in tracking and clarity. The T3 reticle, while busy, has worked when needed and there was no time to dial (we tend to pre-range a PD town, similar to a engagement card, where certain objects/mounds are lased ahead of time, allowing for quick holdovers of targets/PD's as they appear).

Reactions: TangoSierra916
So after running mine in a local match this last weekend, and before that practicing on and off for about a month I went and checked zero on mine. First 5 shots. ..
20190415_164025.jpg

Reactions: EastCOYotes
I’m getting the tmr 7-35....I cannot pass up the military pricing on the MK5

With the tmr reticle the pics look like you only have 5 mils holdover. Is that true on all of them. The pic I saw was the 3-18.

Thanks

I have been following this thread for a few weeks now. I had never heard of Liberty Optics before now and I called to get a price on a Mark 5 or Vortex AMG. Scott was very knowledgeable and helpful. Will definitely be buying from him (when a decision gets reached). Price was really good too!

I just got an email from Aadmount saying my product is shipping. The new scope caps must be finished, I’ll post some pics when they get here

USMC_JA,
I know and I agree. It fills a niche that I really was trying to get all secured. For that reason I still went with a Leupold Mark 5 but this time I went with the 3.6-18x. Euro Optic let me open the box and inspect it first and they gave me a nice deal with military discount that had me walking away smiling.

wjm,
Thank you brother, I appreciate the kind words...and yes, I’ll have some big old guns in my hands. Nothing quite like popping off that 120mm!!!!

FOR OTHERS REFERENCE: I tried my best to take some pics of the issues to show them before the initial scope was returned for refund.

Reticle shot, look at the 40moa and below. There are black lines that run before the hashes (are not illuminated all the way through) and the left side of those hash marks are missing about 25% on the left side. It is so hard to get pics in a rush and through the scope.

A31-F25-D2-56-D6-4842-98-EC-0-D73-BDE2-BEE8.jpg

And here’s a pic of that damn turret dial lol!!! Yeah, they really fixed that well.

4-A298661-AF31-40-BB-BB8-F-C994159-C7-E10.jpg

Now, on the brighter side of things is my new and awesome Mark 5 HD 3.6-18 that is fantastic (I went with the illumination and MOA again).

592031-F1-8-F67-44-C1-8147-65-E5-AC62-D22-A.jpg
What rifle is that-- looks slick! Thank you for your service.

Reactions: Genin
drtony,

Thank you sir. It is a Remington 700 SPS Tac 20”. I switched it to a HS Precision Pro Series stock (the 93 series for short barreled rifles) and HS precision gen 2 bottom metal. I love it! Shoots fantastic.

drtony,

Thank you sir. It is a Remington 700 SPS Tac 20”. I switched it to a HS Precision Pro Series stock (the 93 series for short barreled rifles) and HS precision gen 2 bottom metal. I love it! Shoots fantastic.
I just put this sps Tactical 223 together for my youngest niece. Nice little starter rifle for a young boy or girl to learn on. Magpul stock & bottom metal only $275 for both, diamondback Tactical 6-24x, & 2 stage timney elite. It’s a fun rifle to shoot. The krg bolt knob is nice too

Attachments

• B507A71E-9AFD-4D9F-B881-5FD1FCA8E1EE.jpeg
    B507A71E-9AFD-4D9F-B881-5FD1FCA8E1EE.jpeg
    285.1 KB · Views: 155
  • EE03B876-EDCE-4066-9478-CF198CE5F591.jpeg
    EE03B876-EDCE-4066-9478-CF198CE5F591.jpeg
    589.9 KB · Views: 190
  • 9BEBD766-034E-48EE-94A5-6EB0C2C14DEB.jpeg
    9BEBD766-034E-48EE-94A5-6EB0C2C14DEB.jpeg
    568.5 KB · Views: 193
Reactions: Genin
The Aadmount scope caps came in & they are really nice. These caps are solid, they feel very strong & lifetime warranty so if they do fail Aadmount will replace them

Attachments

• 13EFFD9B-7D70-47F2-8968-F5EC2326AF7C.jpeg
    13EFFD9B-7D70-47F2-8968-F5EC2326AF7C.jpeg
    372.4 KB · Views: 145
  • 5D5EC38B-AA5A-446B-8EE7-F8C972345C76.jpeg
    5D5EC38B-AA5A-446B-8EE7-F8C972345C76.jpeg
    366.1 KB · Views: 153
  • 1D575341-EC10-4E3E-8CBA-77D32C983DD5.jpeg
    1D575341-EC10-4E3E-8CBA-77D32C983DD5.jpeg
    365.2 KB · Views: 150
  • 7A34D757-6E9E-4457-8B39-2B3A0C35B8A0.jpeg
    7A34D757-6E9E-4457-8B39-2B3A0C35B8A0.jpeg
    318.5 KB · Views: 138
I could not decide between the Mark 5HD and the vortex AMG-- so I bought both to compare side by side. The dealer told me to go that route and return the one I don't like (as long as it doesn't get mounted). Now the waiting begins!

The Aadmount scope caps came in & they are really nice. These caps are solid, they feel very strong & lifetime warranty so if they do fail Aadmount will replace them
Are these for the 7x35? I just picked up my scope and curious if the bell dimensions are the same as the 5x25

Are these for the 7x35? I just picked up my scope and curious if the bell dimensions are the same as the 5x25
Measure the outside of the objective, the 25x is about 2.54 inches, I would guess they are the same

Last edited:
I could not decide between the Mark 5HD and the vortex AMG-- so I bought both to compare side by side. The dealer told me to go that route and return the one I don't like (as long as it doesn't get mounted). Now the waiting begins!

My gut is telling me the MK5 will win out...it’s a game changer for Leupold!

My gut is telling me the MK5 will win out...it’s a game changer for Leupold!

My dad saw a Mark 5 at our local Cabela's and was sold on it before even seeing the AMG. There's a good chance the Mark 5 will win for me too

This scope seems great, just wish it had SKMR3 type reticle. Maybe next year.
I was saying the same thing but I got the cch which is close enough & now I like it better than my ebr-2c & skmr3. The cch has open centers every .25 mil on the main horizontal line & it’s perfect for someone who holds wind & dials elevation. Holding wind & elevation is easy too with the cch. The only thing I don’t like is the chevrons

Reactions: AIS
Has anyone ordered one of these using the VIP discount program? And if so how long did it take to get one?

Thanks
I placed my order on April 8th the day they became available for order, and I just took delivery today. It was the cch that they listed "In stock, but with a new product hold."

Ordered the 7-35 CCH under the VIP program 4/18, arrived 4/25.
Pretty impressed so far in comparison with an AccuPower and Minox. Need to do some tracking tests. Mount I got was too high though.

CA687172-49C0-479D-AC6A-345C87B91EC6.jpeg

Has anyone ordered one of these using the VIP discount program? And if so how long did it take to get one?

Thanks

Yes, and it's faster than it used to be by a long shot (weeks instead of months). Easier ordering too.

I had never heard of them until this thread! Really like how they screw on to stay put.

I'm using the aluminum Leupold covers. They screw in with a ring, leaving the outside to rotate. I love these damn things with the magnet and o-ring closure.

Yes, and it's faster than it used to be by a long shot (weeks instead of months). Easier ordering too.

I'm using the aluminum Leupold covers. They screw in with a ring, leaving the outside to rotate. I love these damn things with the magnet and o-ring closure.

Do those Leupold covers fit any other scopes? I had a vx6HD that came with the alumina covers, but I sold it a couple weeks ago-- they are really nice!

Do those Leupold covers fit any other scopes? I had a vx6HD that came with the alumina covers, but I sold it a couple weeks ago-- they are really nice!

I have no idea. Don't have another 56mm here to check. So long as the threads are the same they should screw into anything.