• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes So, what about Leupold Mark 5 ?

The marketing rep I talked to who was accused of not being a sniper said the same thing to me. I'm really excited to get mine in... I'll be picking up two in 5-25 if the 3.6-18s meet my demands and hopes

Keep us posted. I'm thinking it's going to be like Cronus - XRS II/Gen II razor quality with some CA. That's just my speculation. I think believing it's going to be right with the Mark 8 is extremely wishful thinking. Having said that i've not looked through a Leupold in some time. Looked through a Mark 8 a year ago around this time and it was very nice. Haven't seen their VX6HD lineup or anything like that.

$1700-$2800 because fuck you if you want illumination.

For that kind of money you can buy a 4.5-18 LRTSi for half the price or a March 3-24x52 for the same price and Both are going to be much better quality optics.

Hell even Eotech is coming out with a new ultra short with amazing glass that will be under $2K, and you don't have to shell out an hours worth of time in champagne room for some fucking electrons. My baby got to put herself though college.

Hahaha you fucking retard. You bash Leupolds for not working then point others towards EoTech.

ACKTCHULLY THE PAST WILL REPEAT ITSELF AND (I'm a retard) JUNK COMPANIES NEVR CHANGE.

Keep us posted. I'm thinking it's going to be like Cronus - XRS II/Gen II razor quality with some CA. That's just my speculation. I think believing it's going to be right with the Mark 8 is extremely wishful thinking. Having said that i've not looked through a Leupold in some time. Looked through a Mark 8 a year ago around this time and it was very nice. Haven't seen their VX6HD lineup or anything like that.
The VX6HD is an awesome optic btw. It’s performed as well (better it my eyes) as the swaro Z6 at the range when compared side to side.

That’s is what has me excited about the mark 5HD. All indications point to the glass being on par with the 5/6HD and that they have resolved the issues with tracking and adjustments.

Hell I’ve had a few whiskey’s, think I’m going to go ahead and place an order for the 5-25

Hahaha you fucking retard. You bash Leupolds for not working then point others towards EoTech.

ACKTCHULLY THE PAST WILL REPEAT ITSELF AND (I'm a retard) JUNK COMPANIES NEVR CHANGE.

Eotech scopes are made by LOW, you know the people who make high end Bushnell, march, etc. Leupold for the most part just imports shit from China and slaps a sticker on it. Remember the change few years ago to the made in USA branding law....yea notice how Leupold shit doesn’t say made in the USA anymore. Chinese glass at US prices. What a fucking bargain.

So next time you plan to open your cocksucker, come correct.

Eotech scopes are made by LOW, you know the people who make high end Bushnell, march, etc. Leupold for the most part just imports shit from China and slaps a sticker on it. Remember the change few years ago to the made in USA branding law....yea notice how Leupold shit doesn’t say made in the USA anymore. Chinese glass at US prices. What a fucking bargain.

So next time you plan to open your cocksucker, come correct.
Ok I’ve been lurking long enough and quiet long enough about all the stupid Things you’ve said in this whole post so I’ll address it now to shut you up. First and for most I’ll start by saying I am a true HOG and graduated from the Camp Pendleton Scout/Sniper School in 2002. Next I will say you have no credibility, because I personally know that the marketing guy from Leupold just recently graduated the Army’s Sniper School and you saying and calling people out because that couldn’t be possible just made you the smartest recruit off the bus. “BTW there is no such thing as the smartest recruit off the bus.” The whole “made in the USA” not being on the scope is because there is German/Japan or where ever they get there glass from in the scope.

Last edited:
Was browsing the RX forum. I'd say those are very good indications that the glass must be quality. Note not saying equal but it must be around the quality of the ATACR at the very least. At least i'd like to think the customers took said scopes and compared them and were obviously impressed given the quality for the cost.

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/leupold-mark-5hd-scopes-in-stock.6871061/#post-6895856
MHSLeupold.PNG

Big Lobowski quote time...

Walter Sobchak:
"So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know..."

Dear Primus,

You're the worst kind of moron- the kind that has no self awareness at his lack of knowledge, intellect or expertise. The unfortunate truth is there are many like you, drooling on your seatbelts while clogging up the freeways while the rest of us are trying to get to work.

So now we have an additional member to verify the Leupold Rep's credibility which you trampled on as a distractor known in debate as a Red Herring... You're a real winner. But then again, in the Special Olympics, everybody is a winner. Do us all a favor and log out.

FYI

Leupold get the glass from Japan.
The parts are "engineered, machined and assembled in the USA" as is stated on the scopes.

To quote Walter:

"Shut the fuck up, Donny"

You're a real winner. But then again, in the Special Olympics, everybody is a winner.

HAHAHAHA I nearly sharted myself laughing at this.

FWIW the ignore feature on the new site is great, not only do you not see their posts but you also don't even see an ignored users post if someone quotes it.

Nothing you say is going to convince someone that stupid and narcissistic to reconsider their opinion that's obviously based off of emotions and what fits their current agendas vs fact. It's best to just pretend they don't exist and eventually they'll go away since they won't get the attention they're wanting. I can't imagine having such a miserable life that you start arguments on the internet for fun, it must suck to suck.

Reactions: Bender
HAHAHAHA I nearly sharted myself laughing at this.

FWIW the ignore feature on the new site is great, not only do you not see their posts but you also don't even see an ignored users post if someone quotes it.

Nothing you say is going to convince someone that stupid and narcissistic to reconsider their opinion that's obviously based off of emotions and what fits their current agendas vs fact. It's best to just pretend they don't exist and eventually they'll go away since they won't get the attention they're wanting. I can't imagine having such a miserable life that you start arguments on the internet for fun, it must suck to suck.

Touché

Thanks for the ignore tip... DONE

To quote Ben Shapiro, "facts don't care about your feelings"

I will say this... Facts, logic and reason are fun to present to people like him; for him, it must be an experience similar to exorcism to the possessed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bender and Mwalex
The VX6HD is an awesome optic btw. It’s performed as well (better it my eyes) as the swaro Z6 at the range when compared side to side.

That’s is what has me excited about the mark 5HD. All indications point to the glass being on par with the 5/6HD and that they have resolved the issues with tracking and adjustments.

Hell I’ve had a few whiskey’s, think I’m going to go ahead and place an order for the 5-25

I'll pipe in on this... I've been impressed with the VX5 and 6HDs I've had hands on both and I think they're great.

I have a buddy who is a dealer and he ordered a few of these and let me put mitts on them. One was for a client after a sig whiskey 5 or whatever... it had a wandering zero. He asked me test it and sure enough, that dog wouldn't hunt. Sent that back and ordered the guy the Leopold and the problem went away. Really like the VX6

Last edited:
Reactions: 5RWill
You said he was an army reservist sniper. Please show me a B4 army reserves slot. You can't. So go back and read the thread before talking a bunch of shit that you don't understand. Not that even matters, I got a SOTIC grad/batt boy in the familly who still needs me to setup his guns. School house boys only know what they were taught, doesn't make them some kind of a precision rifle expert.

You said he was an army reservist sniper. Please show me a B4 army reserves slot. You can't. So go back and read the thread before talking a bunch of shit that you don't understand. Not that even matters, I got a SOTIC grad/batt boy in the familly who still needs me to setup his guns. School house boys only know what they were taught, doesn't make them some kind of a precision rifle expert.

Ill PM you my ASI paper work if you need it. We have Sniper Sections as reserve components (OARNG). HHC 1-186 INF phone number is 5414886392 call and ask about me Im the senior sniper SGT John Warren. I have also deployed as a sniper on a JSOTF and run an annual pre sniper course for our State at Annual training. I am a forever student of the gun but also an instructor here at the Leupold optics academy we teach all kinds from the mountain hunter to JSOC. If you're in the yakima area Ill be at the coldbore challenge comp and would be happy to tell you more about myself, You can also find me on IG as john.warchild same on face book im pretty sure Im vetted on here, You can also contact shadow spear. If you need further vetting PM Caylen Wojcik hes a good friend of mine or call the chaffee school house and get my grad class and date. Please keep assuming my depth of knowledge in the subject of long range and optics though. And do not ever question the title Ive earned if you have never earned it yourself.

Last edited:
I'll pipe in on this... I've been impressed with the VX5 and 6HDs I've had hands on both and I think they're great.

I have a buddy who is a dealer and he ordered a few of these and let me put mitts on them. One was for a client after a sig whiskey 5 or whatever... it had a wandering zero. He asked me test it and sure enough, that dog wouldn't hunt. Sent that back and ordered the guy the Leopold and the problem went away. Really like the VX6

I spent a fair amount of time with VX-6HD 3-18x44 and like it a lot. If Leupold were to make that scope with FFP reticle and mrad adjustments for under $2k, they would basically own the precision AR market lock stock and barrel. And probably a good chunk of the bolt gun market too.

I have been an ardent Leupold critic for years, but in the past 3-4 years, they finally got off their behind and their new stuff is really getting good. I am talking about VX-5 and up. Also, they got creative, which is important. Not everyone liked D-EVO (I did), but they are thinking outside the box and taking risks. That's a big deal.

I expect Mark 5 to be an improvement over what we have seen with Mark 6. This is their "lessons learned" design. Still, I will get my hands on it and put it through the wringer.

ILya

Ill PM you my ASI paper work if you need it. We have Sniper Sections as reserve components. HHC 1-186 INF phone number is 5414886392 call and ask about me Im the senior sniper SGT John Warren. I have also deployed as a sniper on a JSOTF and run an annual pre sniper course for our State at Annual training. I am a forever student of the gun but also an instructor here at the Leupold optics academy we teach all kinds from the mountain hunter to JSOC. If you're in the yakima area Ill be at the coldbore challenge comp and would be happy to tell you more about myself, You can also find me on IG as john.warchild same on face book im pretty sure Im vetted on here, You can also contact shadow spear. If you need further vetting PM caylen Wojick hes a good friend of mine or call the chaffee school house and get my grad class and date. Please keep assuming my depth of knowledge in the subject of long range and optics though. And do not ever question the title Ive earned if you have never earned it yourself.

John, if you spend your time sending paperwork to every internet troll out there, you'll have to quit your day job....

Still, thanks for chiming in. I come to Oregon for work every indeed in a while. I really should stop by Leupold some time.

ILya

John, if you spend your time sending paperwork to every internet troll out there, you'll have to quit your day job....

Still, thanks for chiming in. I come to Oregon for work every indeed in a while. I really should stop by Leupold some time.

ILya

This is the first troll Ive ever had. lol.

Come on by !

Ill PM you my ASI paper work if you need it. We have Sniper Sections as reserve components. HHC 1-186 INF phone number is 5414886392 call and ask about me Im the senior sniper SGT John Warren. I have also deployed as a sniper on a JSOTF and run an annual pre sniper course for our State at Annual training. I am a forever student of the gun but also an instructor here at the Leupold optics academy we teach all kinds from the mountain hunter to JSOC. If you're in the yakima area Ill be at the coldbore challenge comp and would be happy to tell you more about myself, You can also find me on IG as john.warchild same on face book im pretty sure Im vetted on here, You can also contact shadow spear. If you need further vetting PM caylen Wojick hes a good friend of mine or call the chaffee school house and get my grad class and date. Please keep assuming my depth of knowledge in the subject of long range and optics though. And do not ever question the title Ive earned if you have never earned it yourself.

Primus, This is the Marketing Guy I spoke of... choke on a dick.

If Leupold were to make that scope with FFP reticle and mrad adjustments for under $2k, they would basically own the precision AR market lock stock and barrel. And probably a good chunk of the bolt gun market too.

ILya

I think that's effectively what category the Mark 5HD 3.5-18 falls into doesn't it? midway has them listed for $1,799 - $2,299.

Reactions: xmedicmanx
I think that's effectively what category the Mark 5HD 3.5-18 falls into doesn't it? midway has them listed for $1,799 - $2,299.
That is the category, indeed, but it looks like a very different optical system. If basic optomechanical performance of the Mark 5HD is as good as or better than VX6HD, Leupold will do exceedingly well with it.

Unfortunately, I can not determine that from looking at it at SHOT.

I need to ping my Leupold contact again. I should really look at this scope.

ILya

Ill PM you my ASI paper work if you need it. We have Sniper Sections as reserve components. HHC 1-186 INF phone number is 5414886392 call and ask about me Im the senior sniper SGT John Warren. I have also deployed as a sniper on a JSOTF and run an annual pre sniper course for our State at Annual training. I am a forever student of the gun but also an instructor here at the Leupold optics academy we teach all kinds from the mountain hunter to JSOC. If you're in the yakima area Ill be at the coldbore challenge comp and would be happy to tell you more about myself, You can also find me on IG as john.warchild same on face book im pretty sure Im vetted on here, You can also contact shadow spear. If you need further vetting PM Caylen Wojcik hes a good friend of mine or call the chaffee school house and get my grad class and date. Please keep assuming my depth of knowledge in the subject of long range and optics though. And do not ever question the title Ive earned if you have never earned it yourself.

Holy shit, CRUSHED ?

Primus on suicide watch.

Ill PM you my ASI paper work if you need it. We have Sniper Sections as reserve components. HHC 1-186 INF phone number is 5414886392 call and ask about me Im the senior sniper SGT John Warren. I have also deployed as a sniper on a JSOTF and run an annual pre sniper course for our State at Annual training. I am a forever student of the gun but also an instructor here at the Leupold optics academy we teach all kinds from the mountain hunter to JSOC. If you're in the yakima area Ill be at the coldbore challenge comp and would be happy to tell you more about myself, You can also find me on IG as john.warchild same on face book im pretty sure Im vetted on here, You can also contact shadow spear. If you need further vetting PM Caylen Wojcik hes a good friend of mine or call the chaffee school house and get my grad class and date. Please keep assuming my depth of knowledge in the subject of long range and optics though. And do not ever question the title Ive earned if you have never earned it yourself.

Dang, I was just getting ready to text Buck about something else and saw one of his coworkers on here.

Reactions: John.Warren4
Always been impressed with the Scout Snipers in the 1-186 and 2-162. They didn't mind taking the time to train the regular 11B designated marksmen on ballistics and utilization of optics on deployments. It was basically a "here, take this box of M14's with 3-9 Leupolds we bought with impact cards. make it happen and btw you go hot into the box next week" and the scout snipers took the time out of their training schedule to train the boys up.

Ill PM you my ASI paper work if you need it. We have Sniper Sections as reserve components (OARNG). HHC 1-186 INF phone number is 5414886392 call and ask about me Im the senior sniper SGT John Warren. I have also deployed as a sniper on a JSOTF and run an annual pre sniper course for our State at Annual training. I am a forever student of the gun but also an instructor here at the Leupold optics academy we teach all kinds from the mountain hunter to JSOC. If you're in the yakima area Ill be at the coldbore challenge comp and would be happy to tell you more about myself, You can also find me on IG as john.warchild same on face book im pretty sure Im vetted on here, You can also contact shadow spear. If you need further vetting PM Caylen Wojcik hes a good friend of mine or call the chaffee school house and get my grad class and date. Please keep assuming my depth of knowledge in the subject of long range and optics though. And do not ever question the title Ive earned if you have never earned it yourself.

@xmedicmanx

Army Reservist is not ARNG. He said Reserves. As a fellow (prior) guardsman thank you for you service. One of my buddies is in your BN as an 11b in a line company, I know the unit. Sorry for the confusion but your homeboy needs to get his facts strait before he starts name dropping people and getting into arguments above his pay grade.

I still think the optic will be an overpriced piece of shit like 95% of the rest of Leupold offerings, I guess time will prove one of us right.

@xmedicmanx

Army Reservist is not ARNG. He said Reserves. As a fellow (prior) guardsman thank you for you service. One of my buddies is in your BN as an 11b in a line company, I know the unit. Sorry for the confusion but your homeboy needs to get his facts strait before he starts name dropping people and getting into arguments above his pay grade.

I still think the optic will be an overpriced piece of shit like 95% of the rest of Leupold offerings, I guess time will prove one of us right.

You got out as an E4 didn’t you? ?

Are there any plans for a MOA version of the Mk V with a TS32 type reticle?

Are there any plans for a MOA version of the Mk V with a TS32 type reticle?

I would love that... I'm getting ready to chamber a couple Elisios for the team and the new UMRS that Gary put out would give us a platform that we could use in High Power as well as PRS... MOA is to HP what MIL is to PRS. Itd be nice go back and forth between scopes with the same ergonomics

I looked thru both of these variants at MHSA a couple of weeks ago and I was impressed. Now, I was just looking at them in the store so take that into consideration but, unlike some, I am not bashing them without even looking at them. Pick them up, turn the knobs, look thru them and then tell me you think that they are crap. If you haven't done that then you have no credibility in this discussion. Just my opinion.

^^^ There's more to ensuring it is tracking true than turning the knobs, but I hear what you're saying. I think all of us are anxious for ILya to get his hands on one and put it to the test, literally :)

Yes, I absolutely agree. That's why I said that I only looked at them in the store. But, I said that in another thread that I would like to get Franks opinion since (at first blush), they seem pretty good. Also having your (wjm308) opinion would be good.

@xmedicmanx

Again...
IMG_0600.PNG

Reactions: Boman and Bender
Last edited:
If you want one of these now and aren't too picky on reticle/illumination, it looks like MidwayUSA has stock of both the 3.6-18x and 5-25x, with 15% off with coupon "15OPTICS0218"

Well shit. The H59 18x for 1785 is pretty enticing...

Are there any plans to offer any mil based reticles in the VX-6HD line. Sort of like this one except mil instead of Moa? https://www.leupold.com/reticles/reticle-illum-impact-23-moa-171

Edit: would love having an option for a mil reticle in this scope: https://www.leupold.com/scopes/compact-scopes/vx-6hd-4-24x52mm?selectedSku=171580

you can get this done via Leupold's Custom Shop. A buddy of mine did the same thing (mil dials and reticles on the VX-6HD) and was very happy with it.

you can get this done via Leupold's Custom Shop. A buddy of mine did the same thing (mil dials and reticles on the VX-6HD) and was very happy with it.

What?!? I didn't know i could do that. How much? Damnit we went with MOA for dads rifle because i couldn't find a light competent SFP Mil hunting scope below 2000$. We ended up with a V6 conquest which don't get me wrong i love but didn't want to have an MOA scope in the safe, when everything i run is Mil. I had the LRHS before but he wasn't wild about it's performance at low light and wanted a clean duplex.

I'd like to have that option for a reticle (in Mils of course) in the Mark 5. H59 and CCH are too cluttered for me.

What?!? I didn't know i could do that. How much? Damnit we went with MOA for dads rifle because i couldn't find a light competent SFP Mil hunting scope below 2000$. We ended up with a V6 conquest which don't get me wrong i love but didn't want to have an MOA scope in the safe, when everything i run is Mil. I had the LRHS before but he wasn't wild about it's performance at low light and wanted a clean duplex.

i want to say it was like $2200? Told him he might want to look at other brands/options at that price, but he was adamant about the VX-6HD being better than anything else he has looked at in that price point.

So... I've done this quite a bit and anything that can be done at the time of order can be done retroactively

I shoot Service Rifle and the rules chanced 2 years ago to where we can use an optic up to 4.5x. I bought a VX-r and had them install M1 turrets, set the Parallex 20 200yd and I also had them install the hog plex reticle... the internal dimensions are 8 MOA so it brackets the aiming black pretty well...

All that said, I have a ultra 10x in mildot that just works fantastically l. The only thing I would like different is to have the turrets swapped over to M5 (mil). When I called and tried to get this set up they said it couldn't be done. Apparently the can do some things, but others they can't.

I wouldn't hesitate to call and enquire. They've got pretty good CS in the custom shot. Once it gets in they'll usually call and confirm what you want done.

I'd like to have that option for a reticle (in Mils of course) in the Mark 5. H59 and CCH are too cluttered for me.
what about the TMR reticle that is available in the Mark 5HD? That's a pretty simple and clean mil reticle.

what about the TMR reticle that is available in the Mark 5HD? That's a pretty simple and clean mil reticle.
It's too simple and don't care for it. I prefer the top sections to be open or not distracting as it gives me a better sight picture.

Thanks for letting me know about that. I’ll call and get a quote for this. The whole point though is that an illuminated vx-6hd 4-24x52 costs significantly less than an illuminated mark 5 5-25x56. Don’t know why there’s not a mil option. Otherwise, I think it is basically exactly what I’m looking for at a competitive price. I would bet the costs will be very similar ordering a VX-6HD 4-24 with a mil reticle from the custom shop as an off the shelf illuminated mark 5 5-25. Might as well just get the Mark5 even though it weighs more and the field of view is significantly less at the lowest mag.

Last edited:
i want to say it was like $2200? Told him he might want to look at other brands/options at that price, but he was adamant about the VX-6HD being better than anything else he has looked at in that price point.

Oh Jesus. Like he paid the price for the optic. Then 2200$ to convert it? He might as well have gotten a TT315M lol.

I thought about seeing if i could get josh at Eurooptic to see if he could get a European version of the V6 conquest which are mil. But hell i don’t use that gun it’s dads i just hate MOA. Or switching between the two honestly.

Oh Jesus. Like he paid the price for the optic. Then 2200$ to convert it? He might as well have gotten a TT315M lol.

I thought about seeing if i could get josh at Eurooptic to see if he could get a European version of the V6 conquest which are mil. But hell i don’t use that gun it’s dads i just hate MOA. Or switching between the two honestly.
No he ordered the scope directly from the customshop with those options for a total cost of $2200. If he (or anyone) actually has said scope and wanted to get it sent it for those upgrades, I would guess it would cost like 200-400

It's too simple and don't care for it. I prefer the top sections to be open or not distracting as it gives me a better sight picture.
gotcha. hell it's worth a call/email to them to see what it would cost to swap out to a reticle you like.