• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes So, what about Leupold Mark 5 ?

No he ordered the scope directly from the customshop with those options for a total cost of $2200. If he (or anyone) actually has said scope and wanted to get it sent it for those upgrades, I would guess it would cost like 200-400

Oh that's not too bad. I doubt i could've gotten dad on board for that price though. We had a black friday deal on a V6 conquest for like $1450 with a free pair of Terra ED binocs too. It's a good scope and was a good deal.

So the VX6HD is a solid lineup? I was trying to find a review done by someone like Bill or Ilya, no luck though.

On topic i think David got the MK5s in i'm going to see if i can stop by sometime and look at them this week.

It was quick, but I liked it, the one I looked through was a TMR reticle and the image was super nice, the scope is a nice size and everything seemed pretty good.

I have that same turret on a Mk 6 and it's good, but really the scope was pretty decent for a new Leupold, retail in the store was like $2250 so not bad for a 3-18x, which I think is a good power range for what we do.

It was quick, but I liked it, the one I looked through was a TMR reticle and the image was super nice, the scope is a nice size and everything seemed pretty good.

I have that same turret on a Mk 6 and it's good, but really the scope was pretty decent for a new Leupold, retail in the store was like $2250 so not bad for a 3-18x, which I think is a good power range for what we do.

The price is hard not to like if it tracks and the glass is comparable to everything in it's price range. Rest of the features are honestly there. This gives me hope they've fielded a good product. I'm just wary of CA, i know it's picky it's just one of those things that drive me insane. My HDMR II is plagued with it, the LRHS i had was less, and my Mark 6 had it. For the price i wouldn't expect much if any.

Eagerly waiting to see how they compare to the Gen II razor, ATACR, XRS II, and the 624i.

Reactions: Glassaholic

They did a run of TMR’s with the center dot on the Mk6, did the Mk5 have the traditional open center or open center with a dot?

So clicks are very tactile? If you get it mounted keep me posted on that eyebox of the 3.6-18.

5RW-Yes, tactile clicks. Very tactile? I can't answer that, as I've not had experience with some of the higher end scopes that may be known for very tactile. I will say that when I turned the turrets each click felt distinct/defined. And if it matters, each click was easily heard.

Pusher591-sorry. :(

5RW-Yes, tactile clicks. Very tactile? I can't answer that, as I've not had experience with some of the higher end scopes that may be known for very tactile. I will say that when I turned the turrets each click felt distinct/defined. And if it matters, each click was easily heard.

Pusher591-sorry. :(
Sweet! That's description is what I would classify as very tacticle. Super stoked!

Last edited:
I did a mil order but it said 6-8 weeks to ship and I'm sure it will take longer. Got the rings though! I'm hoping this thing performs well. If it does I'm dumping my kahles to buy another one

That’s what I was running on my 6.5 CM, K624i with SKMR. I’m setting it aside to use the MK 5 on it.

Reactions: 5RWill
Does anyone know of a high quality non QD 1.5"ish height cantilevered 35mm mount besides the Vortex mount? I really wish Spuhr made one but they've got no cantilever 35mm stuff and it seems they have no plans to.

Debating whether to buy the 5-25 mark 5 or save a little more and get the Steiner Military 5-25
If you can afford to wait a few days, Ilya or one of the other guys on here that have had a chance to peer through them may be able to give you good advice/guidance between the two.

Basically an entire video on the inception of the Mark 5. I do like how John noted that even amidst a ton of erector travel (25 mils as he states) the image quality remains extremely clear. Also mentions they spent a lot of time on tracking making sure they got it right. Which is truthfully the number one concern i would think coming from the Mark 6. Glass is second for me personally. Reports of the clicks be it members here or the video etc. seem to be very positive and tactile. I'm hoping David gets some in soon so i can see them for myself.

Last edited:
Eye box will be addressed.

Glass is always a subjective topic but I will do my best to compare to my NF 7-35’s.

I’ll run a box test, spin the turrets to ensure they match the with the corresponding #’s, parallax, etc...

I may not be able to hold out any longer...I'm about to pull the trigger on a 5-25x56 TMR.
Same i'm about to put the HDMR II up and probably put it on order while i wait on the tax return.

Eye box will be addressed.

Glass is always a subjective topic but I will do my best to compare to my NF 7-35’s.

I’ll run a box test, spin the turrets to ensure they match the with the corresponding #’s, parallax, etc...

That's a great piece of glass to judge it against.

I just received one of the 3.6-18x44 non-illuminated TMR models in the mail today for a customer. He had already provided me with a Spuhr mount and approved me running it on my tracking test stand. I took it straight out of the box, and put it on the test stand. Here are my test results, your experiences may vary. Pic of my test setup included.

Tracking was very good. My target only goes to 14 Mils and with the scope set on 14 mils the cross hairs looked to be at about 13.95 mils. This is easily within the error of my test setup. The return to zero was perfect.

When installed and leveled to the mount with spuhr's method, and with the mount bubble centered, the cross hair was perfectly straight with a plumb Bob hung on the target. Whenever I dialed to about 10 mils of elevation it appears that the reticle shifted to the left by 0.1 mils. This was a gradual shift and not a sudden jump.

Cross hair had no visible movement through the entire power range.

The parallax knob only has markings down to 75 yards, but the knob goes lower than the 75 yard mark on the knob and will focus down to about 40 yards.

I was impressed by how well the Mark 5 tracked.

Attachments

• IMG_20180213_123543552.jpg
    IMG_20180213_123543552.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_20180213_123554601.jpg
    IMG_20180213_123554601.jpg
    410.6 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_20180213_123547345.jpg
    IMG_20180213_123547345.jpg
    352 KB · Views: 222
If customer experiences like the above continue to roll in my crystal ball says the optics classifieds is about to get busy.

Good on Leupold.

Reactions: JFComfort
I couldn't hold out any longer, I ordered a 3.6-18x44 Tremor 3 model from Jason @ Euro Optic. They're already sold completely out of 3.6-18 models from the initial batch so these have been a big hit so far. Hopefully it won't be more than a few weeks to get mine. If it's all it's cracked up to be I may be ordering a second to go on my Christensen Arms MPR but also eyeballing one of the new VX3i LRP's with CCH reticle for the weight savings since it's already a light rifle.

I couldn't hold out any longer, I ordered a 3.6-18x44 Tremor 3 model from Jason @ Euro Optic. They're already sold completely out of 3.6-18 models from the initial batch so these have been a big hit so far. Hopefully it won't be more than a few weeks to get mine. If it's all it's cracked up to be I may be ordering a second to go on my Christensen Arms MPR but also eyeballing one of the new VX3i LRP's with CCH reticle for the weight savings since it's already a light rifle.

If you'd take the time to post up your findings when it arrives I know there's a pile of folks that'd appreciate it.

You can make what I call a 99% redneck backyard colliminator for <$60 with a cinder block, cheapo pic rail, a masonary bit, masonary screws, a harbor freight survey reel tape, a lowes 48" yard stick, and a level.

https://m.harborfreight.com/330-ft-...e-62413.html?utm_referrer=direct/not provided

https://m.lowes.com/pd/IRWIN-Straig...8FEMYpEzE1H0qsgVSS3v37ldildXK_nhoCW-EQAvD_BwE

If you've already got a refined system to verify tracking, didn't mean to detail/sidetrack. Thanks in advance for posting your thoughts.

If you'd take the time to post up your findings when it arrives I know there's a pile of folks that'd appreciate it.

You can make what I call a 99% redneck backyard colliminator for <$60 with a cinder block, cheapo pic rail, a masonary bit, masonary screws, a harbor freight survey reel tape, a lowes 48" yard stick, and a level.

https://m.harborfreight.com/330-ft-x-12-in-open-reel-measuring-tape-62413.html?utm_referrer=direct/not provided

https://m.lowes.com/pd/IRWIN-Straig...8FEMYpEzE1H0qsgVSS3v37ldildXK_nhoCW-EQAvD_BwE

If you've already got a refined system to verify tracking, didn't mean to detail/sidetrack. Thanks in advance for posting your thoughts.

I'll certainly be reporting my findings. It will be going on a 224 Valkyrie gas gun as soon as it gets here and I'll be running it in a PRS gas gun series match at the beginning of May as well.

I've got a chunk of I-beam and everything else here to build a humbler but I've just never done it. I'm far too impatient so I ended up just mounting optics up and letting any issues arise in real world testing. I'm also very OCD so any sort of error no matter how insignificant (that just about every scope has) would drive me nuts.

Reactions: V-Ref and 5RWill
I'll certainly be reporting my findings. It will be going on a 224 Valkyrie gas gun as soon as it gets here and I'll be running it in a PRS gas gun series match at the beginning of May as well.

I've got a chunk of I-beam and everything else here to build a humbler but I've just never done it. I'm far too impatient so I ended up just mounting optics up and letting any issues arise in real world testing. I'm also very OCD so any sort of error no matter how insignificant (that just about every scope has) would drive me nuts.

This is my thought if the 3.6-18 pans out that i'll pick one up in the summer for the SPR. I'm eagerly waiting reviews of the glass quality as the same friend who sold his S&B just sold his 5-25 ATACR F1 also to another friend of mine. His rifle sits scopeless waiting for the Mark 5. Again it must be impressive. My main concern with the glass and number one pet peeve is CA, i don't want any lol.

I'm hoping the HDMR II goes fast, so i can jump on the H59 MK5 or an AMG.

This is my thought if the 3.6-18 pans out that i'll pick one up in the summer for the SPR. I'm eagerly waiting reviews of the glass quality as the same friend who sold his S&B just sold his 5-25 ATACR F1 also to another friend of mine. His rifle sits scopeless waiting for the Mark 5. Again it must be impressive. My main concern with the glass and number one pet peeve is CA, i don't want any lol.

I only looked through the Mark 5 for a few minutes today, but I specifically looked for CA and there was not much to see. It was very good in that category. Your experience may vary.

I'm curious because I have interest in a 5-25x56 ATACR...why did your buddy sell his for a Mark 5?

I only looked through the Mark 5 for a few minutes today, but I specifically looked for CA and there was not much to see. It was very good in that category. Your experience may vary.
Very glad to hear this.

I'm curious because I have interest in a 5-25x56 ATACR...why did your buddy sell his for a Mark 5?
Idk honestly I'd have to ask. My other friend bought his ATACR. I'd assume that the Leupold presents incredible value for it's cost.

Very glad to hear this.

Idk honestly I'd have to ask. My other friend bought his ATACR. I'd assume that the Leupold presents incredible value for it's cost.

Well I'm torn...There is a killer deal for an ATACR on the PX or I can get the Mark 5. I want to get the most for my money.

Well I'm torn...There is a killer deal for an ATACR on the PX or I can get the Mark 5. I want to get the most for my money.

I feel the same between it and the AMG. The crux of it is that the AMG or NF is a safer buy even if it cost a little more. There will always be more deals one way or another. Just might be a matter of waiting. There's no certainty of the MK5's glass for me until i see one or a reputable member gets one in there hands and compares it to the competition.

Reactions: Pusher591
Talked to the Anton Savin on FB who had two Mark 5s (5-25x56) for a bit. Leupold rep told him it was the only mark # scope with the HD glass. He took it out next to the Mark 8 as he told me the MK5 actually has better resolution and contrast. Said they're right there with ATACR and Razors but not quite up to the BEAST and Kahles. I consider ATACR, Kahles, and Gen II all very similar granted i've not spent extended time with any of them, like i have my own optics. I've spent about 30 minutes going back and forth between the 624i and the Gen II 4.5-27. To which i couldn't find much concernable difference. Only spent maybe 15 minutes or so with the ATACR but they're all very similar to me personally speaking. Either way i think it's safe to assume the glass is good at this point both in resolution and contrast. Still wary of CA (me being skeptical).

Just ordered up one of the 5-25’s. Went with the illuminated Tremor 3.

Definitely interested in hearing what other people have to say about theirs, as I’m cerainly no expert.

Will compare this to my Sig Tango6 4-24 I have unless someone wants to buy the Sig before I get a chance to do a side by side comparison with the leupold as I’ve got it listed for sale due to my serious scope and rifle adhd lately ?.

5-25x arrived and was waiting for me when I got home.

The fit and finish looks good, the scope feels light in the hand but it also doesn't have rings... which I'll be waiting for so the argument about the 35mm main tube is valid. I have the scope pictured next to my Kahles K624i/SKMR. The Mark 5 is a little shorter. The clicks are solid but not as nice as the Kahles. I am liking the zero stop (allows you to go 0.5 MRAD under) and rev indicators as well as the covered windage turret. The zero line on the windage turret is above center so that is a little weird. I'm not too worried about it since I will most likely use it to zero, cover it up with a cap and hold wind using the TMR reticle. No illumination.

When I got home it was already dark so I cannot compare glass and tracking will have to wait until I get it on a rifle.

Last edited:
Their train of thought with the elevated windage marker is that you can pick your head up and see where your windage adjustment is for those that want to dial. Though 95% of us will likely cap it and use the reticle.

Just ordered up one of the 5-25’s. Went with the illuminated Tremor 3.

Definitely interested in hearing what other people have to say about theirs, as I’m cerainly no expert.

Will compare this to my Sig Tango6 4-24 I have unless someone wants to buy the Sig before I get a chance to do a side by side comparison with the leupold as I’ve got it listed for sale due to my serious scope and rifle adhd lately ?.

Why are you selling the Tango 6?

Why are you selling the Tango 6?[/QUOTE

It was sort of an impulse purchase after I sold my Razor gen 2 and I sold the rifle I bought to use it on and it’s a little heavy for the rifle I bought the mark 5 for imo even though it seems a little odd complaining about 9 ounces publicly ??.

It was sort of an impulse purchase after I sold my Razor gen 2 and I sold the rifle I bought to use it on and it’s a little heavy for the rifle I bought the mark 5 for imo even though it seems a little odd complaining about 9 ounces publicly ??.

I have a 1st gen Tango 6. I think the glass is fantastic, but the turrets could have a better feel which is my only real knock. I am curious how it compares to the Mk5 as the 3x18 is on my short list.

5-25x arrived and was waiting for me when I got home.

The fit and finish looks good, the scope feels light in the hand but it also doesn't have rings... which I'll be waiting for so the argument about the 35mm main tube is valid. I have the scope pictured next to my Kahles K624i/SKMR. The Mark 5 is a little shorter. The clicks are solid but not as nice as the Kahles. I am liking the zero stop (allows you to go 0.5 MRAD under) and rev indicators as well as the covered windage turret. The zero line on the windage turret is above center so that is a little weird. I'm not too worried about it since I will most likely use it to zero, cover it up with a cap and hold wind using the TMR reticle. No illumination.

When I got home it was already dark so I cannot compare glass and tracking will have to wait until I get it on a rifle.

Did you get the TMR and if you did is it illuminated?

If you got the TMR, does it have a Center floating dot? I keep getting conflicting answers, some people say it does some say it doesn’t. I’ve also had 1 person at Leupold say it does and then another say it doesn’t.

Reactions: JFComfort

If you got the TMR, does it have a Center floating dot? I keep getting conflicting answers, some people say it does some say it doesn’t. I’ve also had 1 person at Leupold say it does and then another say it doesn’t.
So the non illuminated TMR will just be an open center, the illuminated version will have the dot in the center.

I have the TMR, no illumination. The center is open, I have the same reticle in my 3.5-10x Mark 4.

Glass looks good and I think is comparable to the Vortex Gen II Razor HD. I’ll try and do a side by side with the AMG out in the desert soon. Over all it’s looking like a solid package available at a good price point. The Kahles is a little nicer here, and a little nicer there but also a more expensive scope.

As soon as the rings arrive I’ll get it mounted and keep ya’ll updated.