• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So whats the opinion on this LAW folder for AR's.

AMMOWASTER

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2007
Reno, NV
I dont want it on a fullsize gun but on a little SBR it would be pretty cool. It is expensive but new ideas that are well made usually are.

Anyone have any hands on experience with them? I saw that Lowlight posted a pic of a GA10 with one on the facebook page.

Links
LAW Tactical

Re: So whats the opinion on this LAW folder for AR's.

They're much better now that they have retention when folded. Awesome for an SBR and concealment. You could literally fit it in a small day pack or even a tote. I recommend watching the videos they have posted.

I watched a few. I have been looking at my options for 223 SBR's and I would really like a folding stock and AR mags. That leaves the Sig and the XCR. The SCAR and ACR would work if I have them chopped.

I just really like the AR platform because I am so familiar with it.

It's well done, I just finished putting one on my GAP 16" 308 and I will be doing a write up on it.

Here is the before:

819401_10151504473097953_1671364391_o.jpg

And the after:

812614_10151504349527953_749728218_o.jpg

I took about 15 pictures of the process and think it locks up well, looks good and functions as it should.

it's not intended to be shot folded, and I would definitely not recommend trying, but that is not the purpose. It really shrinks up my 16" GAP with PRS stock, so you have all the functionality of the PRS stock in a much smaller package. That is the design.

If you are moving in a vehicle, you can bail and deploy it quickly, it just snaps back into place and locks up tight.

They did a nice job on it, and more details will follow

Thanks Frank I look forward to the write up. I still dont know if I have any interest on my large frame ARs but on the little guys it just seem to be a great idea.

Uh oh! Looks like something else I "need."

On another note, I just KNOW that some bubba is going to shoot one of those while it's folded. Just a matter of time.

I hope they put warning labels all over the place ...

Frank in comparison to an AIAW 2.0 - same? Slightly less bank vault like? Much less bank vault like?

TIA

Good luck

I like it for a sbr/pistol build. Up in the air on it for a rifle length build. I would like to hear more about it. Does the bolt carrier extension have any ill affects on the cycling? Some pistols are already finicky.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomthebaker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Uh oh! Looks like something else I "need."

On another note, I just KNOW that some bubba is going to shoot one of those while it's folded. Just a matter of time.

I hope they put warning labels all over the place ... </div></div>

They already addressed it and it may or may not fire dependent on the system but if it did it just wouldn't cycle I believe. Here's the video John did...
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LZIZ-5ZWb9c"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LZIZ-5ZWb9c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

I have the first gen on my 7.5" Noveske. It makes for a very compact package - I carry it in my Kifaru X-ray pack. The folding mechanism is bulky and requires you to use an overhand grip when you cycle your charging handle. When I was home on leave last time, I gave it a shakedown run at the range and operation was fine. I am going to use it during a carbine course in March on my next R&R.

diplomat03.jpg

diplomat04.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Dog, that's the shit!!!!!</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the first gen on my 7.5" Noveske. It makes for a very compact package - I carry it in my Kifaru X-ray pack. The folding mechanism is bulky and requires you to use an overhand grip when you cycle your charging handle. When I was home on leave last time, I gave it a shakedown run at the range and operation was fine. I am going to use it during a carbine course in March on my next R&R.
</div></div>

How is the bolt carrier extension retained? A few pictures would be nice if someone has the time. Thanks!

There's an extension that is captured in the adapter so the buffer is engaged properly.

diplomat05.jpg

I just bought one of these after looking over this thread. The idea that my 21" barreled 6.5 grendel will now fit in the same case as my 16 carbines is very attractive just to make storage easier. Still to new for me so bought one and I'll see how it works and if I like it before getting any more. I can just imagine all the new space in the safe dropping one sides shelf down now that I don't need the side for long rifles just short guns and shotguns.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's an extension that is captured in the adapter so the buffer is engaged properly.

diplomat05.jpg

</div></div>

I understand there is an extension. How is it secured in the carrier so that it doesn't fall out?

Looks like sexy addition for my 10.5" FA gun!

Nice looking gun dogman! Glad to hear it functions well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's well done, I just finished putting one on my GAP 16" 308 and I will be doing a write up on it.

812614_10151504349527953_749728218_o.jpg

It really shrinks up my 16" GAP with PRS stock, so you have all the functionality of the PRS stock in a much smaller package. That is the design.</div></div>
That really makes it so tempting... Thanks for the info, Frank!

Would it be stupid to put one on my AR pistol for a folding buffer tube?

I want one. Looks like it increases LOP by quite a bit, though. Thoughts?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomthebaker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would it be stupid to put one on my AR pistol for a folding buffer tube? </div></div>

I dont know if I would call it stupid but it sure wouldnt be worth it to me on a pistol