• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Soft case/drag bag

mercracing

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 9, 2013
    Green Bay, WI
    I'm looking for a soft case or a drag bag for my SBR. I don't want something too big. Just have the gun(24-28") and a few mags. Wondering if anyone knows of anything like this that won't break the bank. It's just my fun gun. Nothing precision about it.

Maybe a bit too long for what you're looking for, but they make several models of this:

Amazon.com: VISM by NcStar Gun Case Rifle Case/Shooting Mat

I've used mulit-hundred $$ drag bags, rifle carrying load-out packs etc and I sold them all and got one of those. I don't stalk anymore, but I wanted a soft case, with backpack style straps if needed, and it's a drag bad AND a shooting mat. And it's only $63.00! I'm flat out friggin' impressed with it. It has more features than a much more pricey drag bag I had previously. The model I got fits my 46.5" precision rifle perfectly. The crown protector is cool and it has a cleaning rod pouch etc. Lots of features. Best $60 I ever spent. Look around Amazon to see if they have one in the SBR length.

I'd talk to Triad Tactical and see if their soft case wont be too big for your SBR or if it can be made to your spec. It will be made well and as a bonus it will be made in the USA.

I'd talk to Triad Tactical and see if their soft case wont be too big for your SBR or if it can be made to your spec. It will be made well and as a bonus it will be made in the USA.

Do you have a Triad tactical soft rifle case? I'm considering buying one but been a bit gun shy as I have 2 tac ops bags which are awesome and only $50(on sale) more once you add the shoulder straps and shipping to the Triad bag. If you do have a Triad bag can you offer your opinion?

Do you have a Triad tactical soft rifle case? I'm considering buying one but been a bit gun shy as I have 2 tac ops bags which are awesome and only $50(on sale) more once you add the shoulder straps and shipping to the Triad bag. If you do have a Triad bag can you offer your opinion?

I dont have one of their rifle cases. I do own one of their bean bags and bought a couple scope covers from them. Quality and service were excellent.

I own a Tac Ops bag and its a beast, quite the sea bag. Its been a while since I checked but I recalled the Tac Ops bags being lower in price than the TacOps. I paid $300+ for my bag you got a great deal if yours were in the $250 range. Are Triad bags still in the $200 range?

What I like about the Triad is the fewer features making it lighter less possible for me to carry crap I dont need.
    There are cheaper (Eagle) but I like the made in USA deal.

I dont have one of their rifle cases. I do own one of their bean bags and bought a couple scope covers from them. Quality and service were excellent.

I own a Tac Ops bag and its a beast, quite the sea bag. Its been a while since I checked but I recalled the Tac Ops bags being lower in price than the TacOps. I paid $300+ for my bag you got a great deal if yours were in the $250 range. Are Triad bags still in the $200 range?

What I like about the Triad is the fewer features making it lighter less possible for me to carry crap I dont need.
    There are cheaper (Eagle) but I like the made in USA deal.

You read my post incorrectly... Triad bag is $200, add $33 for shoulder straps which don't come standard, and $20 to ship and it is $250...i can get another Tac Ops for $300 shipped(on sale/discount code).

Last edited:
    You read my post incorrectly... Triad bag is $200, add $33 for shoulder straps which don't come standard, and $20 to ship and it is $250...i can get another Tac Ops for $300 shipped(on sale/discount code).

Sir when passing internet wisdom the point is not to understand the question asked but just to type your pearls of magnifigance. Just accept the answer as given and bow at the alter. Its not what is asked that matters only what info is provided.

Man a Tac Ops with an SBR would be like putting my Irish dick into Jenna Jameson. I was thinking your quest was for something more compact/ lighter. Remember it only matters what I was thinking...not what you asked. :)

Sir when passing internet wisdom the point is not to understand the question asked but just to type your pearls of magnifigance. Just accept the answer as given and bow at the alter. Its not what is asked that matters only what info is provided.

Man a Tac Ops with an SBR would be like putting my Irish dick into Jenna Jameson. I was thinking your quest was for something more compact/ lighter. Remember it only matters what I was thinking...not what you asked. :)

I definitely want to try the Triad bag, just hard to do when for a little more I can get the tac ops.... If I could get the Triad w/shoulder straps and shipped closer to $200 I'd definitely buy it.... I've been hoping they would go on sale but I've watched for a while and it hasn't yet.

I definitely want to try the Triad bag, just hard to do when for a little more I can get the tac ops.... If I could get the Triad w/shoulder straps and shipped closer to $200 I'd definitely buy it.... I've been hoping they would go on sale but I've watched for a while and it hasn't yet.

Give Steve a call and maybe if you promise to do a glowing write up to include photos of your nakedness in some sort of Hustler pose laying on the bag he may throw in the shoulder straps gratis.

Note to self - DONT OPEN THAT POST.

I always liked blackhawk dragbags. They have some decent shoulder straps that tuck into the bag for dragging it.They have a good sized gun storage portion, and 2 pouches on the top to put your tripod or binos. I have one for sale if anyone is interested. The shipping might be a little much due to the size but I bet it would be cheaper than buying some sniper guru cool guy bag.

Maybe a bit too long for what you're looking for, but they make several models of this:

Amazon.com: VISM by NcStar Gun Case Rifle Case/Shooting Mat

I've used mulit-hundred $$ drag bags, rifle carrying load-out packs etc and I sold them all and got one of those. I don't stalk anymore, but I wanted a soft case, with backpack style straps if needed, and it's a drag bad AND a shooting mat. And it's only $63.00! I'm flat out friggin' impressed with it. It has more features than a much more pricey drag bag I had previously. The model I got fits my 46.5" precision rifle perfectly. The crown protector is cool and it has a cleaning rod pouch etc. Lots of features. Best $60 I ever spent. Look around Amazon to see if they have one in the SBR length.

I've got the exact same bag and it's extremely useful/durable. Very impressive for the price. Extremely useful also, I can throw my gun, mags, ammo, sandbag, ballistics cards, earplugs etc in there and just take one thing ot the range with me rather than trying to remember everything. It's a comfy shooting mat too.

I ended up buying a Bulldog bag when I was at Cabelas. I would post a link, but I can't find the case on their site. It's long enough for the SBR, has backpack style straps and a shoulder strap, two outer pockets with mag pockets in them for 50$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought a 36" bag today from Palmeto State Armory for $59. Backpack straps, a decent number of Velcro and buckle storage pockets and a 3/4 length side storage compartment. Should hold up well for my "tactical" range trips.