• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Soft case for inside Pelican 1720

ptrlcop

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2012
Janesville, WI
I was lucky enough to acquire a Pelican 1720 case for the unbeatable price of free. Now, I am looking for a soft case that I can fit inside.

My rifle is a JP LRP 07 16inch. With my stock at my preferred position it is 37.5 inches long. The internal dimensions of the pelican are 42x13.5x5.25.

Any suggestions?

I use one I purchased from Larue. The Quality is top notch. If you could find out who makes it, you could bypass the Larue logo, but other than that the case is the cat's ass.

Triad,

I really like your bag. Is 42" the actual outside dimension? I was thinkin if it holds a 42" rifle the outside would be bigger.

That's max OAL for a rifle to fit. It would measure out longer than you case, but I'm sure it will fit because of your shorter rifle.

I can fit my 26" rifle in a SO Tech drag bag into my pelican 1750. My 16" carbine in a discrete Eagle case will fit in my pelican 1700.

I have an Eagle HSRC LE 44 in a Pelican 1720. With a soft case you have some wiggle room to work with if the case isn't exactly the same outside dimensions as the inside of the Pelican.

IMG_0157.JPG

so you case inside your case? sounds like the countersniper of storage containers

Ya, that way if you fly you don't have to lug your huge hard case once you arrive. I am also subject to call outs and store my gear in my veh. I use a cable lock to secure the hard case to the roll cage in my jeep. Also it is impossible to stay organized with stuff loose in the hard case and custom foam cutouts suck because your needs always seem to change over time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free