• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Soft sided scoped rifle case, help, looooong needed!

dave300

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Feb 27, 2013
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    So I have my 338 AI with a McMillan Adjustable A5, 30" tube and JP brake. I think she is about 53" long and I am looking for a soft-sided case, preferably something that has a protective plastic side in the scope area that she can fit in. My Pelican hard case is a monster and great for transport, but I was looking for something a heck of a lot more maneuverable and with quicker access such as when its in the back seat of my truck.
    Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

I have three of these which are used to transport my Mosin-Nagant 91/30's, are about 52+" long, and have Scout-Style Scopes mounted.

Before buying the hard cases, I used three of these, which also worked well for the same application.

Yep, they're cheap. In my instance, putting an expensive case on a less-than-$200 rifle did not make such good sense. But even for something better, they can still work.

Greg

Last edited:
    you'll have to confirm the length, but the midway usa drag bag is very nice at a very nice price. fits my 24" + brake AR10 easily.

I have a black Tac Force 52" drag bag that I plan to put up for sale. It's used but in great condition and these are very heavy duty with tons of storage and padded backpack straps. It's a shame they aren't sold anymore as they are great value for the money. If you are interested shoot me a message.