• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

some opinions on a project gun (parts list work up)

Duff

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2010
Laramie, Wyoming
so I've decided to for go my original plan of basing a .338 lapua off of a savage .338 action off of the advice from some of you folks here (there you go making me spend all of my hard earned dollars on something actually worth it again) so i figure i might as well put up what I'm planning on using and seeing what your opinions are on them (as well as a few questions i have about them). the build will take quite a while and ill obviously have quite a bit of money invested in it but I've decided why not have a few really nice guns rather than a huge arsenal of cheap plinkers. so here it goes:

Badger Ordnance M2013 action (are other bases available/are they the same pattern as the M2008? Murphy precision can make custom bases for the m2008)
Bartlein Barrel (would you recommend the 5C or 6 groove?)
Whiskey 3 Chassis (assuming they come out with the M2013 LA soon enough)
US optics ER-25 with H-37-17T reticle
Jewell 1-1/2oz-3lb trigger (what is a good weight in this range/what do you prefer your rifles set at?)
will probably use US optics, TPS or badger ordnance rings

Any thoughts, opinions, suggestions are helpful! I've come to trust the input of guys here on the hide so what ever you got to say go ahead!