• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Some PX Thoughts the direction I am heading

I bet if you looked hard enough the word went out how to find the loophole after the change

When was it you started the PX? I don't think the site started with it did it? Those were the dial-up days. I can't remember using it though until maybe 2006?

Of course things were quite different back in that time. The "sport" has exploded since then obviously. Give people an inch, they take the other 11.

Regulators, for the 'old hands'....

Carpetbaggers,,,,, for the "buy in's"

Spotters,,,, for "staff"

And as for the 'group buys', I am not a business but I did help out some years ago, with the Marcus Luttrell "Lone Survivor" signed hardcover book deal we had here. So yeah, I do think that such a venue be 'approved' instead of just 'shit-canned'.... but that's just my thoughts.

Add a dollar, and you'll get a coffee!

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
Excuse my ignorance, but what is the deal with the new badges? Private first class, and Sergeant of the hide at the same time? Belligerents?

It's already started! I like it . I've used the PX to buy and sell , but that's not why I'm here , and it's damn sure not while I'll continue to be here .

I'm glad there's an opt-in to buy in if needed. I don't really feel like I have anything to contribute knowledge wise in most of the threads so building up post count is tough.

So, from a rookie perspective, I think the changes are great. Anybody that can't agree to those terms can sell on armslist ?

it’s a crying shame that folks exploit this.

i’ve always said, for every asshole out there making an honest buck, there are ten motherfuckers out there trying to figure out a way to cheat him out of that buck. i hate that shit. every single one of the folks i have dealt with on this site have been stand up guys. the best you could hope to deal with. i guess i am happy i dont have to see the other folks that are exploiting the loopholes.

I'm glad there's an opt-in to buy in if needed. I don't really feel like I have anything to contribute knowledge wise in most of the threads so building up post count is tough.

So, from a rookie perspective, I think the changes are great. Anybody that can't agree to those terms can sell on armslist ?

There is always something to contribute as long as it's not false. Most would agree they would rather have zero information versus a plethora of false information.

There are plenty of sections here to get into.

I am sticking with Belligerents right now until something better comes along.

The site has a reputation, which in turn, the members have a reputation for being a bit hard on fools. This fits that narrative well.

We are combative in a lot of ways, and people hate my straight for the throat attitude, which translates to a reputation for the site.

Belligerents fit that model

Veterans, Sniper, Etc are all specific designations vs a group designation, I want something more Broad.

Hessian, in the same manner, speaks to a specific group which those who buy access fall into. So it's back to general and specific titles that fit the groups associated it to.
So if you meet the reqs to not have bought the access to the px (over time) do you drop the hessian tag?? I thought the concept was to not have people comment or post a bunch of bullshit in order to gain access to the px which is why one could buy the access? This is a great forum for knowledge and ability to buy and sell nice stuff.

Or actual veterans...

I honestly feel greatly disrespected having a tag by my name like hessian. I’m a veteran of the 5th Marine regiment. Kick me out of this forum if you deem it necessary, but definitely remove the affiliation of a merc german soldier with my profile. @Lowlight

I may never get around to selling anything on here and I originally joined to contact a member and buy something from him. I am very thankful for your site and fully accept “your house your rules”. As someone who refuses to use PayPal because of how Un American their site is I would like to ask that you consider sellers be required to list acceptable forms of payment. (I actually got into a debate on here with someone that claimed someone without PayPal can’t be trusted). Ive since joining have had a little too much fun throwing my opinions around on some of these posts. Thanks

Reactions: Soulezoo

I don't post much as in the past I've been lit up for missing a finer nuance, so my contributions really come from reading on here all the time and sharing information with folks in the sport/almost there, and hopefully helping draw people in.
I think that's probably more important for promoting 2A, by bringing positive info to light regarding safety, security and fun to the uninitiated, which I cannot do here as well.

Anyhow, I don't post much, but my participation isn't just in the PX as it might look like.
Love the rules, appreciate the effort to improve!

While we are on the subject of PX stuff. Would you rate this Geiselle trigger as "good" condition. Most of the the finish is stripped off and the face is rough. Won't ever buy anything without close up pictures again.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Another paradigm might be:

"Private" = <100 posts
"NCO" = >100 posts
"SNCO" = > 1000 posts
"Officer" = Moderator of a specific forum (not sure if the s/w can constrain a moderator to a specific sub-forum)
"XO" = Moderators that have full privileges to moderate across the entire forum (like Tucker)
"CO" or "HMFIC" = Frank (as it is today)

LOL! Instead of "Belligerents" maybe "Terminal Lance". :p

Reactions: rsb
Reactions: deersniper
Reactions: deersniper
What about "veterans" for full members?

NEGATIVE! Not everyone is a veteran. Those who haven’t served are not veterans. This follows the same lines as PIGS, HOGS, snipers, etc. I thought about new members being referred to as a “Boot” but not everyone was a boot either.

This is the Hide. It has to be unique. It’s earned that privilege.

NEGATIVE! Not everyone is a veteran. Those who haven’t served are not veterans. This follows the same lines as PIGS, HOGS, snipers, etc. I thought about new members being referred to as a “Boot” but not everyone was a boot either.

This is the Hide. It has to be unique. It’s earned that privilege.
"veteran" of the hide...not the military...buy Lowlight already said no.

I honestly feel greatly disrespected having a tag by my name like hessian. I’m a veteran of the 5th Marine regiment. Kick me out of this forum if you deem it necessary, but definitely remove the affiliation of a merc german soldier with my profile. @Lowlight

Hahaha,

Logout cause I ain't changing shit unless something comes along that I like

It's a complete waste of time to talk about bad guys!

We ban them for starters and that prevents their return.

We have a REPORT button, the instant something goes wrong, report it and we act.

They don't get far unless you let it.
Good point.

Eventually, but a "bad guys" thread would be the evidence that leads to the ban...

I think generally the public shit slingers are frowned upon. The proper avenue is to contact a moderato via PM. With pictures and links to the add.

Thanks for not tagging full members as sniper / vet. That is an earned title. But it would be nice to have those tags if y’all could vet them.

1: Man the fuck up.
2: Don't pull the vet card so flippantly. Most of us were in at one point and saying that you deserve special treatment because you were in would get you a bunch of shit pretty much anywhere in the military.
3:Hessians were pros, but they were in it for the money and not necessarily to be trusted by anyone as they had no affection or affiliation with the people in the area they were operating in. That description fits the px for sale access dudes well.