• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos something shiney

Tucsondave

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Kirkham Cobra. These "kit" cars were cad cam replicated from an original 427 Cobra. Built with space age materials but still keeping the original design and specifications. This one sports a 682rwhp Pond Aliminum Big Block with FAST Injection. All aluminum body as well. In this case polished,not painted. Cost? Around $140K as it sits.

Re: something shiney

o o oohhhhhh...... Damn it!! Time for a change of drawers. Thanks a lot man!

Seriously, nice friggin' car! I didn't think anything could look better than the original blue with white stripe, but I do believe this tops it!

That's like straight out of a comic book!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: barnes12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have built several of them, they are far and away the best of the kits. You did not get it from Keith Craft did you? </div></div>

Was completed locally. It does have a Craft motor. I'm selling it for a client.

The last one we did for a guy in Fla.was painted silver and had the same motor set up. The Fast fuel injection is great once you get it tuned which can be a little tricky.We have built one just like that in polished with brushed aluminum stripes and one vice versa. The brushed aluminum ones are a pain to keep. One hand print and you almost have to take the fine steel wool to the whole car but they do look good.

Do you build custom cars Dave? I've been looking into a hot rod for some time now.

You could bring that thing up instead of my HammerS if the guy would trade straight across.....LMFAO

That thing is bad Ass

Wow if the bank ever allows I would love to own one of these. Thanks so much for posting!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you build custom cars Dave? I've been looking into a hot rod for some time now. </div></div>

KY check www.americandreamcars.com for your hot rod. Best to buy someone elses complete or project and make it what you want. Old saying about hotrods is paint them primer so the next buyer can paint it his own color.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smokin99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You could bring that thing up instead of my HammerS if the guy would trade straight across.....LMFAO

That thing is bad Ass </div></div>

Actually he wanted to,but you were so excited about the Hammer,I told him no. Sorry
frown.gif

I built and drag my own Camaro so I can appreciate cars. This one..well...sorry I gotta go get some tissues or something

Wow!

That is sweet... I had the privilege to dive an original 427 Cobra while living in Indianapolis during the late 70's.

Wet dream car.

eh, it's ok for a fat pig of a car. the lithe 289 FIA is sooo much sexier
grin.gif

Really though, that is a seriously nice ride and KILLS that 'Oooohhhhhh SHIIIINNNNEEEEE' thing

All th eold 'Sports Racers' that had the polished aluminum body work and the original Mobil red and white horse logo have always been my favorite cars to see on vintage race days with the original King Cobra Can Am car which I have seen four times just being that oh man change the skivvies kinda car.
A Daytona Coupe with a 351 Windsor is one of my favorite ideas and I am thinking seriously about dumping the '66 stang and just do it if I can use the Factory 5 kit based on a Fox body doner car

Cobra Daytona...First of Shelby's cars to beat Ferrari at Le Mans. Now that car makes the drool run. Didn't know anyone here in the States made a kit car. Last I saw, there were some kits coming from South Africa I think it was. Get one, you know you want to.

My friend just bought one of the African Corbas, very very nice car. He had a Rouch (sp) 427 dropped in it. That thing can move.

Dave, How the hell can you drive in the desert with a car that will reflect like a Fresnel Lense? Are you driving with one of those 1960 sun reflectors up-side-down and under your chin just to keep your own reflection out of your eyes?

You be mean and nasty, David, and so am your car.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I followed a polished one like that Saturday nite up CR204 in Durango CO... was it the same one? </div></div>

No,this one is here and spends the warmer months on Coronado

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DanW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cobra Daytona...First of Shelby's cars to beat Ferrari at Le Mans. Now that car makes the drool run. Didn't know anyone here in the States made a kit car. Last I saw, there were some kits coming from South Africa I think it was. Get one, you know you want to. </div></div>

+1 on the Coupe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BeachGun</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DanW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cobra Daytona...First of Shelby's cars to beat Ferrari at Le Mans. Now that car makes the drool run. Didn't know anyone here in the States made a kit car. Last I saw, there were some kits coming from South Africa I think it was. Get one, you know you want to. </div></div>

+1 on the Coupe. </div></div>

Harley Cluxton of GTC in Scottsdale had one of the Lemans winning Coupes for a while at his shop. I had the good fortune of seeing it while it was there. Rare doesn't even begin to describe it.

My dream car, The Shelby Cobra. Beautiful auto, Maybe one day. I would settle for a 289 model, Dave we need pics of this and better half in the hot girlfriends thread. Hook us up bro

You lucky man. Your man card is bigger than all of ours combined (for the moment). Thanks for sharing with us closet muscle car guys!

Ever hear of G&S Motorsports?
Is that an old CA black and yellow plate?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelcomp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ever hear of G&S Motorsports?
Is that an old CA black and yellow plate? </div></div>

G&S in La Habra? Yes its an old Cal Plate

Sweet ride.....I agree with an earlier post. It would be like a P51 mustang on the street.......All you would see is a glimmer.
Wear your sunscreen around that thing.
Your girls butt might get toasted around that car..hahahaha
........................SmokeRolls

I believe the only sexier four lettered "F" word I've ever seen was the original Le mans winning GT 40! Very nice looking Cobra rep. Unlike some others I prefer the more voluptuous lines of the 427 cars over the earlier 260/289 cars.
Which trans. and rear end in this one?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">G&S in La Habra? Yes its an old Cal Plate</div></div>

No, we were in Buellton, north of Santa Barbara. Previously Butler, previously before that, Arntz. I know ALL about the kit car industry. The Kirkam's are a beautiful car, but you can have the business/industry.
FWIW, I build FE engines. Doing one right now for a cusotmer's 63 Galaxy street/strip car. The last Cobra we did had an all alum. Shelby 427 that I built. Car won best manufacturer's award at the Knots Berry Farm show in 1999.
The Superformance with the T Bird IRS is also a nice car.
www.foxwellmotorsports.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelcomp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">G&S in La Habra? Yes its an old Cal Plate</div></div>

No, we were in Buellton, north of Santa Barbara. Previously Butler, previously before that, Arntz. I know ALL about the kit car industry. The Kirkam's are a beautiful car, but you can have the business/industry.
FWIW, I build FE engines. Doing one right now for a cusotmer's 63 Galaxy street/strip car. The last Cobra we did had an all alum. Shelby 427 that I built. Car won best manufacturer's award at the Knots Berry Farm show in 1999.
The Superformance with the T Bird IRS is also a nice car.
www.foxwellmotorsports.com </div></div>

I remember both Butler and Arntz from a way back.

Very nice car! I bet that baby gets with the program! 4th gear 60mph stab it and wet your pants! ROFLMAO