• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Something to consider

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    “Is education possibly a process of trading awareness for things of lesser worth?”
    Aldo Leopold,

Leopold was an interesting guy, Big into conservation. This quote caused me to pause.

If Aldo is correct then what we are doing to ourselves, trading for that of lesser worth. How do we gain the greater back?

Education is the process of acquiring an accumulation of facts...knowledge objects. Then returning to awareness requires either going backwards, or, getting beyond facts to direct perception of energy before it becomes facts and concepts. I was never one for backtracking so that leaves going beyond that we we now are.

Maggot out.

Formal education is a trade off of lesser value. Today’s formal education is pausing the transformation into adulthood and time is valuable. Accumulation of today’s educational facts is a trade off of true awareness and giving them a false sense of self worth. That self worth is intangible and of worthless value based on lies and deceit masqeraded as enlightenment taught as fact by progressive hypnotists. Stand and fight against the dragons of Quixote.

education of life is an accumulation of “awareness facts”therefore giving those who study their own life (all aspects of it) a greater awareness . You gather the fact as you live it, study that fact and move beyond it almost seamlessly possibly without perception of it depending on how great of an impact it had.

the flu medicine must be wearing off because I lost my train of thought!

If you analyze history you will find that all great minds and those who truly made advancements hated formal education, were rebels, unorthodox and unique in their perception of the world (free spirit not tainted by bias of "teachers"). But for us average oxygen wasters i guess formal education is a way of making us useful for the society and not a waste or problem...(assuming it works - the whole indoctrin(educ)ation process).

You are the sum total of every experience you have had and whatever you retain and use of your education.
    As you age, gain more experience and education, your sum total grows and changes. What you do with it determines much of what and who you are.

Those who don't move forward, can rot in the past. All of us know some miserable person stuck in the past, mouthing bullshit that continues to drag them down. They CAN make a choice and change it, and move forward. Their ability to see the need to make that choice can be both positively or negatively influenced by their education and that needed thing: experience...

When i was looking at the benefits of higher education, I was taught that education was supposed to show me facts, things, and knowledge, AND teach me to reason and THINK, so I would be able to see during experiences how or if those facts, things, and knowledge could further my GOALS in life and help me advance and prosper...
    After a year of college, I quit-u-ated... that first year was beyond a total waste of my time even though I knew it was supposed to be helping me learn how to think, reason, and decide, when "things" outside my experience and previous education were placed b4 me...
    Back then, the liberals threw a bunch of horseshit before us in education, but let us make a choice to accept or reject it. I got a lot of A's playing their game while thinking, "this has got to be the most useless horseshit I have ever seen... " , thus, my eventual quit-u-ation....
    Now, they force feed you the horseshit, and if u want to graduate, u have to buy in, especially in liberal arts. screw them.

You can let liberal education hold u back, if you want, but success will come much faster to the forward looking, forward moving, thinker, who can see and seize opportunities.

Your educational mileage may vary....

Mechanical arts in education such as engineering are still worth going for, because they give you real skills that will further your goals... I wish I had paid more attention to some of those things b4 I quit-u-ated...

I've got a humorous educational scenario I will share at some later point when I get over the feeling of needing to throw up, after having thought of my college education time as I wrote this...

A true education is not based on accumulation of facts but in the attainment of the ability to think critically and hopefully rationally, given the facts surrounding any topic.
    A big part of that learning that seems to be missing in today's world is simply the acknowledgement of the likelihood that we might not know everything.
    I've seen corporate giants brought down by refusing to accept and explore the possibility that they don't know what they don't know.
    My significant other has her PhD in biomedical engineering. She teaches engineering at a private university and is constantly reminded that millenials are cut from a very different cloth.

Some good replies here. I agree that education is more than the accumulation of facts and in fact requires the ability to synthysize those facts (with reason, logic, and intuition) into something higher...hopefully 'wisdom'. It was late when I posted and I missed that.

But thats not what I was realy aiming at. As I think Aldo intended, and as I see it, that all knowledgel must be eventually resolved, by putting it behind and living from a new paradigm...that paradigm being the ability to see the energy behind all else. I know that sounds far out but:but when you consider all we have to deal with is matter, energy from which matter is created and returns, and thought, its not so far out. Once youve seen energy directly things take on a different perspective.

Some good replies here. I agree that education is more than the accumulation of facts and in fact requires the ability to synthysize those facts (with reason, logic, and intuition) into something higher...hopefully 'wisdom'. It was late when I posted and I missed that.

But thats not what I was realy aiming at. As I think Aldo intended, and as I see it, that all knowledgel must be eventually resolved, by putting it behind and living from a new paradigm...that paradigm being the ability to see the energy behind all else. I know that sounds far out but:but when you consider all we have to deal with is matter, energy from which matter is created and returns, and thought, its not so far out. Once youve seen energy directly things take on a different perspective.

If you ever get lonely up there and would like a woman to talk to on occasion about stuff like that, you ought to give my aunt a call. She's all about the energy.

A true education is not based on accumulation of facts but in the attainment of the ability to think critically and hopefully rationally, given the facts surrounding any topic.
    A big part of that learning that seems to be missing in today's world is simply the acknowledgement of the likelihood that we might not know everything.
    I've seen corporate giants brought down by refusing to accept and explore the possibility that they don't know what they don't know.
    My significant other has her PhD in biomedical engineering. She teaches engineering at a private university and is constantly reminded that millenials are cut from a very different cloth.

First sentence is absolutely correct; especially, if one majors in Engineering, mathematics or the physical sciences. Any of those disciplines not only teaches you the ability to reason but also to think out of the box when solving very complex problems. If you walk away with one of those degrees and can't gather and analyze data to produce logical conclusions, then you missed the boat entirely.

Your second sentence is also true. Not believing that one doesn't know everything is a failure of many people including some executives. This behavior is well known by another name.....hubris. It is the downfall of many a good corporation. Millennials are notorious for their degree of hubris until they get burned. Some will learn and the others aren't worth a damn and will ultimately fail even though they may climb the corporate ladder for a long while. Everyone eventually reaches their level of mediocrity.

Last edited: