• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Song of the day.

Anthem for the boog?

Last edited:
@aam I like Little Feat and Buckwheat Zydeco. Another is Brave Combo though I guess they are more Texas Hill country polka. Still... good stuff!

Reactions: aam
I'm not a big fan of TSO but took a few days to find this after hearing on the car radio, most of the locals are playing Christmas tunes. "Christmas Canon Rock". The metal peaked my interest but the girls are smoking hot also. They have a few different lead singers for this song over the years, Cella sounds the best IMO.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: Zorrosdens
THE Gen-X anthem in my opinion. Probably in my top 10 songs of all times...and thats saying quite a lot.

IMO captured the raw emotion of my generation like no other. Still makes me feel froggy...

Still have the original album of vinyl. Fantastic. The recording/mastering really isnt that great but is easily overcame by the intensity.

Last edited:
  • Love
Never as good as Hendrix, but worth a listen.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I went to a show and a 16 year old kid blew me away and then flicked a pick into the audience. I still have it with the concert ticket

Used to be you got a new cd and you played it and read the lyrics and whatnot, I suppose that's why it didn't really matter to me as a kid starting to listen to it. I mean most of it is about either about gubment, murder, or the devil. Not too hard to put together with only a little help, but I agree that most death metal with vocals are theatric more than anything else.

Even though I like death metal I don't actually have enough hate for mankind to listen to mumble rap, so I am broadening my music horizons toward other things— at all.

I am probably in the minority of people who like Floyd but do not care for the album "The Wall". Sure, it makes a statement and is rich/deep in meaning etc. But sonically, I just cant deal with it...akin to nails on a chalkboard.

Floyd's sound is unique and unmistakable. Their studio mastering is also extremely impressive (See - Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here).

Not a huge Floyd fan by any means, but this is probably my fav. Written for Syd, a lad who lost his mind.

My ancestors were in the Union Army during the civil war. However, as a serious student of history, my sympathies would have been with the south. Slavery is a repulsive institution but that would not have been the reason for me to sign up to fight for the Confederacy.

It would have been the issue of states' rights. That was a hotly debated issue ever since the Articles of Confederation were drafted then set aside for a Constitution that is now used for toilet paper by crooked politicians that regard us gun owners as more than poo-flinging-knuckle-dragging primates.

"If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union."
- Abraham Lincoln, August 22, 1862

Stan Ridgway, what a storyteller! Saw him 20 years ago at the Sit and Spin in Seattle; a club behind a laundrymat. Good show.

LOL, played this for my wife...

Nervous laughter ensued...

:)

I get my greatest pleasure in life by just spreading the joy around. Here's another inspirational music video that's probably a repeat.

Bonus motivational video.

• Love
Sadly the Starliner didn't reach the proper orbit, hopefully it is retrieved as planned. Anyway something on the topic of human spaceflight.

Reactions: OldSalty