• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Sons of Guns - New Discovery Show

Re: Sons of Guns - New Discovery Show

I am utterly amazed natural selection has let them live this LONG!!! I have my money on natural selection claiming all of them! Hopefully sooner than later. The amount of damage these dim witted fools are doing to the firearm industry and gunowners is EPIC!! These morons need to GO!

Alright... I'm not a fan of reality TV, but I will come out in public and say "I did (past tense)" watch this show. When it started I was quietly praying they wouldn't turn out to be like the OCC douche-bag's. Damn it if my prayers were left unheard. I can't watch the train wreck unfold any further. Seems to be a large amount of TMZ coverage to continue over the next few weeks.

At least I've now got my 3Gun Nation to look forward to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did anyone notice that in the last episode <span style="color: #CC0000">after they built and fired the napalm cannon</span> that <span style="color: #CC0000">Will's face was burnt up and the skin was peeling off of his forehead</span>?....

I will take a pic from the tv with my cell phone if no one beats me to it. </div></div>

No one posted it so I had to take the pic off the tv with my cell phone...

burntupclownfromrjf-1.jpg

Looking a lil crusty there Will. Whoops, FAIL

Last night, they rebuilt a water cooled Maxim. Declaring it a complete success, and the water jacket was leaking like a sieve around the muzzle. Then Will gives a short speech about being part Choctaw, and that where the name Red Jacket came from. Seems like I remember that Red Jacket was the name of a chief before the revolution, that wore the captured jacket of a British officer in battle, but he wasn't a choctaw. This one wasn't as bad as earlier shows---maybe somebody's listening to feedback. I could relate to one of the workers praying for patience, when he thought somebody scratched his new rust bluing job. Been there, done that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sam308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just figured it out: It's HeeHaw with guns. </div></div>

That's insulting to Hee-Haw......

The daughter is the only one on that show that remotely makes any sort of sense....and that's because she could almost pass for hot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The daughter is the only one on that show that remotely makes any sort of sense....and that's because she could almost pass for hot.</div></div> oh Tripwire, we are Virginia boys and all, but you have got wipe off those beer goggles they are getting too thick
whistle.gif

JS.......

Please note the strategic use of "remotely", "sort" in conjunction with "any", and <span style="font-style: italic">"could almost pass"</span>......

That said, the coffee is finally kicking in and it's a brain-activity-free no-worries day off, today.....so I can't be reasonably held responsible for anything I may or may not say/post/do.

Laffin'.....

Man that crap just keeps going down hill. Tripwire, man you need to get out more. I've been married 33 years and I see nothing hot about that gal. Especially when she open her mouth and starts talking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ron Durall</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man that crap just keeps going down hill. Tripwire, man you need to get out more. I've been married 33 years and I see nothing hot about that gal. Especially when she open her mouth and starts talking. </div></div>

Jesus H....another one who can't cypher a caffine deprived attempt at TIC humor.

I'm pretty comfy knowing what hot is, and I'm pretty sure I'm agreeing that the show sucks.

Almost passing for hot, isn't hot....get it?

Wonder if I'd think your old lady is hot, or not, since you opened <span style="font-style: italic">that</span> door.

To each his own.........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did anyone notice that in the last episode <span style="color: #CC0000">after they built and fired the napalm cannon</span> that <span style="color: #CC0000">Will's face was burnt up and the skin was peeling off of his forehead</span>?....

I will take a pic from the tv with my cell phone if no one beats me to it. </div></div>

No one posted it so I had to take the pic off the tv with my cell phone...

burntupclownfromrjf-1.jpg

Looking a lil crusty there Will. Whoops, FAIL </div></div>

WHOA! He got roasted!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bronco_buster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">This show is going to provide bushels of sound bytes and clips for every anti-gun campaign or shooting related tragedy from now on. Discovery has elected Beevis and Butthead to represent what Americans are going to picture when they think of a gun enthusiast... Very embarrassing. </span></div></div>

I was just discussing this show with some (non-gun enthusiast) co-workers the other day. I found myself trying to do damage control for firearm and shooting enthusiasts, the NRA, gun shows, and firearm manufacturers because of this stupid f-ing show.

I could not have said it better myself Bronco_Buster: <span style="font-weight: bold">Very embarassing indeed.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ron Durall</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man that crap just keeps going down hill. Tripwire, man you need to get out more. I've been married 33 years and I see nothing hot about that gal. Especially when she open her mouth and starts talking. </div></div>

Jesus H....another one who can't cypher a caffine deprived attempt at TIC humor.

I'm pretty comfy knowing what hot is, and I'm pretty sure I'm agreeing that the show sucks.

Almost passing for hot, isn't hot....get it?

Wonder if I'd think your old lady is hot, or not, since you opened <span style="font-style: italic">that</span> door.

To each his own......... </div></div>

Not meant to offend you Tripwire just my attempt at internet humor. It just does not translate well into type. Sorry if I crapped in your Wheaties.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 66and0</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More legal trouble http://www.courthousenews.com/2011/08/18/Bum.pdf </div></div>

LOL LOL LOL LOL </div></div>

This is why I for one am just not able to let this lie. This guy is a low-life, and this helps to clarify that. Anyone who has ever come across a fine, rare, and highly desirable firearm that at some point was "Bubbified" will feel me when I describe the nausea I felt watching them put handlebars on a 1919. For those who say that shows like this portray our hobby(which is deadly serious after all) in a positive light, I just really don't know where your head is. It seems to me that the attitude these people put forth is that the main purpose of a firearm is to show-off, and that it's cool to do whatever you want if the price is right. No doubt there are 2 sides to every story, and this case has yet to be adjudicated, but you can't escape the pattern developing, this guy will do anything for money. It might be possible to accept the babe in the woods defense, that the DC producers have staged everything and the crew has been unwittingly cast in a freak show against their will, but seriously, how could that apply after season 3? There can be no other conclusion but that Mr. Hayden is a willing participant, it's no longer credible to claim otherwise.

Oh boy... next week they're making "an all-American gun more reliable than an AK" for "the boys at the nuclear site". LOL!!!

Looks like one of the cloned shop-boys has some difficulty tacking on a bunch of tacticool crap to an off the shelf piston AR. (Pistons are better y'all)

I can't wait for the drama!! Or the next Tannerite explosion!!

On the plus side, the daughter is bouncing up and down in a skirt, with a Derringer shoved in her crotch. And I think she got her teeth fixed.

I noticed on the last couple of shows Vince was pretty much saying straight up that his boss was a dickhead. Kinda odd to do that on national tv, if you want to keep your job.

Guess he had enough, he's gone now...when were these current episodes filmed?

"During a routine inspection in 2009, Red Jacket could not account for ten registered guns. In a settlement, William Hayden and Stephanie Hayden surrendered their gun-making licenses and were allowed to choose a licensed individual to control Red Jacket. Initially, that person was Vincent Buckles, but Buckles has left the company and now two others individuals control the company.[3]"

I'm glad we have REAL gunsmiths here in Louisiana. Clark Custom, William Roscoe, Terry Cross and others. I like to keep my money at home, but I wouldn't let these dipshits work on my kid's watergun!

Watching the last episode with Vince throwing a hissy fit about the 15 job not being “his” leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. Then watching taking the pipe wrench to the mortar base really got my attention. He was using it backwards on national TV. I thought he was supposed to be a gunsmith. If he can’t properly use the tools I don’t believe I’d want him working on anything of mine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ron Durall</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Watching the last episode with Vince throwing a hissy fit about the 15 job not being “his” leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. Then watching taking the pipe wrench to the mortar base really got my attention. He was using it backwards on national TV. I thought he was supposed to be a gunsmith. If he can’t properly use the tools I don’t believe I’d want him working on anything of mine. </div></div>
I was thinking the same thing. I was saying to myself Jesus turn that wrench the right way.

Haha. It gets better. Not sure if anybody already posted this but oh well. This is from an interview Will Hayden did with field and stream.

WH: "Let me tell you what I look for when we hire people. We look for a work ethic and a level of integrity and a level of initiative. That’s what we look for. All the rest of it—aw, hell if you’re competent enough to get your ass out of bed, get dressed and get here without dying or killing a bystander you can probably be taught."

Don't worry about actual skills, they can teach you how to dremel. Hehe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drb5r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ron Durall</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Watching the last episode with Vince throwing a hissy fit about the 15 job not being “his” leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. Then watching taking the pipe wrench to the mortar base really got my attention. He was using it backwards on national TV. I thought he was supposed to be a gunsmith. If he can’t properly use the tools I don’t believe I’d want him working on anything of mine. </div></div>
I was thinking the same thing. I was saying to myself Jesus turn that wrench the right way. </div></div>I was wondering how many would catch that. I nearly fell off the couch laughing! I'm not a super whiz bang gunsmith on t.v. but I can run a damn pipe wrench!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trigger29</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drb5r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ron Durall</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Watching the last episode with Vince throwing a hissy fit about the 15 job not being “his” leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. Then watching taking the pipe wrench to the mortar base really got my attention. He was using it backwards on national TV. I thought he was supposed to be a gunsmith. If he can’t properly use the tools I don’t believe I’d want him working on anything of mine. </div></div>
I was thinking the same thing. I was saying to myself Jesus turn that wrench the right way. </div></div>I was wondering how many would catch that. I nearly fell off the couch laughing! I'm not a super whiz bang gunsmith on t.v. but I can run a damn pipe wrench! </div></div>

I just watched it on Tivo because I missed that...
It wasn't Vince that initially wrenched on it the wrong way- it was another guy.
After the heat was put to it, Vince wrenched it the "right" way...and broke it loose...

I sent RJF an email about the wrong way pipe wrench. Got a reply of "thanks for warning us about...reality TV" Must be the producers stick their know nothing direction into the show, no matter what.

Just watched the last episode.
I could not blame Vince for leaving. Giving Kris a job that he could not do than Vince working all night to fix the rifle out of parts that Kris supplied and then blaming Vince for the problem.

The big problem for the whole show is Will being a pitiful excuse for a boss.

The whole show is giving the firearm industry a back reputation.

Vince let that gun ship without doing a trigger job? The fancy gun shop didn't have a disconnector spring at the shop where they were hanging out. Shoot, I'm no gun smith but I've got everything here to make that rifle run and probably 50% of the people on this board could do that and have the materials. What a joke!!! It's a slap in the face of the whole firearms industry. A few years ago I figured out that if I take a 1/4x28 tap through the grip screw area and put an Allen set screw up there to pull the trigger back and reduce the trigger pull. It only cost about $1 for that trigger job. The only thing I can figure out is the screw up with that AR was a scripted set up. No one would have sent that gun out for a contract bid in that sorry of condition. Also the big speech from Will about it ain’t your company with the TV producer was a joke. It’s not his company either. It’s looks like according to this episode Vince walked out before Will and Stephanie were removed from ownership of Red Jacket firearms. I think the whole thing is BS.

What so called reality show isn't scripted?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The daughter is the only one on that show that remotely makes any sort of sense....and that's because she could almost pass for hot.</div></div>

Uhhh...wha? Huh?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrgator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just watched the last episode.
I could not blame Vince for leaving. Giving Kris a job that he could not do than Vince working all night to fix the rifle out of parts that Kris supplied and then blaming Vince for the problem.

The whole show is giving the firearm industry a back reputation.</div></div>
Just saw the last show. Vince got shit on. Kris has a project that he fails to finish, so he goes to Vegas. Way to dish off your stuff. That guy is retarded.

I have a handmade native armband I want to give LL, it means alot to my family

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Coletta</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrgator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just watched the last episode.

Just saw the last show. Vince got shit on. Kris has a project that he fails to finish, so he goes to Vegas. Way to dish off your stuff. That guy is retarded.</div></div>

I was thinking the same thing except I didn't want to insult those that have a mental handycap by compairing them to Chris.

It's almost humiliating that I even watch this show, but I guess it's like rubber-necking a train wreck.

God help us if the Pentagon starts giving these guys defense contracts. I guess we can always choke the enemy with a tribal armband.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Coletta</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrgator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just watched the last episode.

Just saw the last show. Vince got shit on. Kris has a project that he fails to finish, so he goes to Vegas. Way to dish off your stuff. That guy is retarded. </div></div>

Yeah but he did CLEAN the heck outa that AR. LOL I guess he did his part. That's part owner material right there haha.

Yeah, Will is a joke of a boss. I love how they send out the AR in one of those cheap plastic cases. you would figure for a possible government contract Will would have overseen the project himself and had the rifle sent out in a quality case. I don't blame Vince one bit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slivoman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, Will is a joke of a boss. I love how they send out the AR in one of those cheap plastic cases. you would figure for a possible government contract Will would have overseen the project himself and had the rifle sent out in a quality case. I don't blame Vince one bit. </div></div>

+1

Vince leaving is about the first smart thing I've seen out of any of the RJ employees.

The only problem with Vince leaving is that now no one there has any clue what's going one. He was the only competent guy in the whole outfit

First time I saw a couple episodes I was like "Hmm- could be interesting".
Then over Christmas I had the "blessing" of watching an entire marathon. Good lord..... I could not believe the sheer uselessness and moronity of this show. Also watched a couple episodes of that new one- American Guns or something. Just as dumb.
Also, I could have come up with that shotgun taser attachment from leftover printer and copier parts in the basement!

This whole thing is honestly a real shame. I wish they would come up with a no-bs show about a gunshop doing <span style="font-style: italic">real</span> custom work, and focus on what's going into building the gun, not all this dreamt-up useless crap and drama.

Will should have built that gun himself. If my name was on the line I would have slept at the shop.

Gotta love how they really build up the potential government contracts. You think Uncle Sam will ever give a hick gun shop a contract for ar's with some adam arms piston kits in it? Call me crazy, but for some reason I don't...

Well to tell the truth the show is made for people who dont know better in the world. If they put a real gunsmith shop on tv with good employees that knew what they were doing it probley would not get good reviews from the public. Then what would you guys have to talk about. There is a reason RJ is on tv and its not because they do good work its because that is what the ignorance of mass tv viewers wont to see thay wont dram,stupid.explosions,full auto,hurt,pain,trashy white girls who think they are special

On that last episode they said the optics were "trashed"
They had a Razor HD on that thing to begin with and I'm wondering what was wrong with it. Those Razors are absolute tanks.