• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Sons of Guns - New Discovery Show

Re: Sons of Guns - New Discovery Show

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wannashootit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So....
No way it could be legal for a civvie to own/possess that "gun" (with the motor, of course) right?

I assume that if the motor was registered, he still couldn't own it , right? Sorta like owning a DIAS (as in an illegal, non-transferable one), and an AR-15...

I'm curious not so much from the show's standpoint (it's stupid shit anyway), I'm trying to make sure I understand how that concoction would relate to NFA regulations... </div></div>

well the guy who owned the salvage yard said he wanted one and was putting up 15k?? i think it was intended for him to own. i have no clue what NFA regs. are on something like that

I just watched the episode last night when they built mounted taser on the shot gun and if I'm not mistaking when they shot whats his name only one probe hit him in the back of the neck and the other flew over his shoulder.
I could be wrong but BOTH probes have to hit to make the connection.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DREMEL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just watched the episode last night when they built mounted taser on the shot gun and if I'm not mistaking when they shot whats his name only one probe hit him in the back of the neck and the other flew over his shoulder.
I could be wrong but BOTH probes have to hit to make the connection. </div></div>

I caught that too. I think the whole thing is fake!

John Browning would be ashamed by this show, I am sure he is rolling over in his grave.

I really wanted to like this show and I gave it numerous chances, but it sucks, it really sucks! The crap they invent is stupid and I cant believe they find people to but all that garbage.

buy** sorry fat finger fail

1. Rename to "Sons of Dumb"

2. Does the fat one own more than one shirt

3. Amazed that there has yet to be a fatality

3a. From one POS build blowing up

3b. shooting one another

3c. shooting self

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shatuponthee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. Rename to "Sons of Dumb"

<span style="color: #CC0000">2. Does the fat one own more than one shirt</span>
3. Amazed that there has yet to be a fatality

3a. From one POS build blowing up

3b. shooting one another

3c. shooting self </div></div>

Sure he owns more than 1 shirt. Last season he had on a different one so that makes 2 that he owns.....
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DREMEL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just watched the episode last night when they built mounted taser on the shot gun and if I'm not mistaking when they shot whats his name only one probe hit him in the back of the neck and the other flew over his shoulder.
I could be wrong but BOTH probes have to hit to make the connection. </div></div>

I caught that too. I think the whole thing is fake! </div></div>

Yes both have to hit

First, +1 to this being a show that never needed made.

2+ Their "creations" are mostly case studies in WTF?

This show is going to provide bushels of sound bytes and clips for every anti-gun campaign or shooting related tragedy from now on. Discovery has elected Beevis and Butthead to represent what Americans are going to picture when they think of a gun enthusiast...Very embarrassing.

They should truly be proud of the 12 gauge gatling. If you ever needed to line up 20 or 30 innocent women and children against a wall and gun them down, that thing would be ideal. Perhaps genocidal African warlords are who they can go after next.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8bHGuSGW33E"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8bHGuSGW33E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

There is going to be a new show to run against it called American Gunsmith.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emilio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is going to be a new show to run against it called American Gunsmith. </div></div>

I can't imagine that it will be any different. Based on the previews its just a bunch of drama around guns.

I believe the show "american gunsmith" highlights a family shop in Colorado.

With a 'endowed' younger daughter,
and an equally endowed wife who they say carries a pistol in her boot....

We are keeping it classy on TV now. Peddling underage girls and idiots with firearms.

The best part is the owner pulled time for not paying his ex-wife money he was supposed to pay her.

I do not live in Colorado but do a little research on this guy. Pretty intersting.

Im starting to wonder how Discovery comes up with these people.

In no time the interwebs will be chock full of middle-aged men discussing how hot the 16 year old daughter is, confirming that not only are firearms enthusiasts ignorant and irresponsible but also predominately pedophiliacs.

On another note, saw this and immediately though of RJF and how pissed they all will be for not having thought of it first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1razobXWX0&feature=related

At 10 pages of posts, it's pretty obvious that even though they could have chose much better craftsmen, they obviously chose one of the more entertaining crews around.

I agree, Jared Joplin is Joseph M W Turner to their Picasso, but maybe the uneducated masses want to see rednecks shooting up the swamp.

Rule of thumb......if you buy your guns at walmart, you're probably loving Red Jacket!

I have a class III dealer buddy here in OKC (he shall remain nameless until the Red Hacket gun arrives) a guy comes in and orders one of Red Hackets totally awesome suppressed Saiga shotguns. Buddy tells him "ok, but you are going to be disappointed." Can't talk the guy out of it so the shotgun is ordered, 8 months ago. When the order was placed it was a 3 month wait. So my buddy is losing patience and calls them last week. "Great news, the paper work has been submitted, approved and returned." Buddy says "great, when are you shipping?" "Oh we'll start on the gun in three weeks."

They have had the guy's money for 8 months, this shouldn't be legal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WASP7067</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Sons-Of-Guns-Stephanie-Hayden-Derp.jpg

wbyellow_narrowweb__200x270.jpg
</div></div>

HAHAHA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a class III dealer buddy here in OKC (he shall remain nameless until the Red Hacket gun arrives) a guy comes in and orders one of Red Hackets totally awesome suppressed Saiga shotguns. Buddy tells him "ok, but you are going to be disappointed." Can't talk the guy out of it so the shotgun is ordered, 8 months ago. When the order was placed it was a 3 month wait. So my buddy is losing patience and calls them last week. "Great news, the paper work has been submitted, approved and returned." Buddy says "great, when are you shipping?" "Oh we'll start on the gun in three weeks."

They have had the guy's money for 8 months, this shouldn't be legal. </div></div>

That's what happens at Gunsmoke (American Guns) too. People are always calling into our local troubleshooter show to complain about it.

You would think with all that cash commin in that chick could get some braces

I would absolutely destroy that daughter on american guns, but I find red jacket to be funnier to watch. The american guns people aren't so much funny to watch as annoying.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a class III dealer buddy here in OKC (he shall remain nameless until the Red Hacket gun arrives) a guy comes in and orders one of Red Hackets totally awesome suppressed Saiga shotguns. Buddy tells him "ok, but you are going to be disappointed." Can't talk the guy out of it so the shotgun is ordered, 8 months ago. When the order was placed it was a 3 month wait. So my buddy is losing patience and calls them last week. "Great news, the paper work has been submitted, approved and returned." Buddy says "great, when are you shipping?" "Oh we'll start on the gun in three weeks."

They have had the guy's money for 8 months, this shouldn't be legal. </div></div>

Update:

Buddy is losing patience, hasn't heard a peep from Red Hackit since mid November so he calls early last week finally gets 'Ol Snaggle tooth on the phone, gun's not ready yet (ordered in April) she can't give him one solid answer on a time frame. He says fine send me the form 4 so I can get the buyers paperwork started since you guys already have it complete. No can do. Snaggle tooth won't release paperwork until the gun is done. Red Hackit already has the paper work back from the ATF and the gun doesn't exist yet. Buddy gets pretty irate says a few choice words and threatens to call ATF. Snaggle says something to the effect of we're famous, we know more ATF agents than you. Buddy laughs out loud at S.T. (buddy is a real 20 year LEO and held class III stuff since early 80's) and says missy that's not the point. You've had this guys money since April and have completed paperwork and no gun. She's "just trying to streamline paperwork" End of conversion. Buddy calls purchaser and advises him to request a refund. Buyer calls and requests refund and is told he will be charged a 20% restocking fee for a gun that is yet to exist. Buyer decides to give Red Hackit more time.

Stay tuned!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Buyer calls and requests refund and is told he will be charged a 20% restocking fee for a gun that is yet to exist. </div></div>
Ain't that some bullshit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a class III dealer buddy here in OKC (he shall remain nameless until the Red Hacket gun arrives) a guy comes in and orders one of Red Hackets totally awesome suppressed Saiga shotguns. Buddy tells him "ok, but you are going to be disappointed." Can't talk the guy out of it so the shotgun is ordered, 8 months ago. When the order was placed it was a 3 month wait. So my buddy is losing patience and calls them last week. "Great news, the paper work has been submitted, approved and returned." Buddy says "great, when are you shipping?" "Oh we'll start on the gun in three weeks."

Update:

Buddy is losing patience, hasn't heard a peep from Red Hackit since mid November so he calls early last week finally gets 'Ol Snaggle tooth on the phone, gun's not ready yet (ordered in April) she can't give him one solid answer on a time frame. He says fine send me the form 4 so I can get the buyers paperwork started since you guys already have it complete. No can do. Snaggle tooth won't release paperwork until the gun is done. Red Hackit already has the paper work back from the ATF and the gun doesn't exist yet. Buddy gets pretty irate says a few choice words and threatens to call ATF. Snaggle <span style="color: #FF0000">says something to the effect of we're famous,</span> we know more ATF agents than you. Buddy laughs out loud at S.T. (buddy is a real 20 year LEO and held class III stuff since early 80's) and says missy that's not the point. You've had this guys money since April and have completed paperwork and no gun. She's "just trying to streamline paperwork" End of conversion. Buddy calls purchaser and advises him to request a refund. Buyer calls and requests refund and is told he will be charged a 20% restocking fee for a gun that is yet to exist. Buyer decides to give Red Hackit more time.

Stay tuned! </div></div> famous??? I think she meant to say infamous...what a joke.

Just watched for the first time last night. The episode with the twin water cooled M16s. What a stupid set up, what a phoney ass "brown water navy" scenario...who do these people think they're fooling?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a class III dealer buddy here in OKC (he shall remain nameless until the Red Hacket gun arrives) a guy comes in and orders one of Red Hackets totally awesome suppressed Saiga shotguns. Buddy tells him "ok, but you are going to be disappointed." Can't talk the guy out of it so the shotgun is ordered, 8 months ago. When the order was placed it was a 3 month wait. So my buddy is losing patience and calls them last week. "Great news, the paper work has been submitted, approved and returned." Buddy says "great, when are you shipping?" "Oh we'll start on the gun in three weeks."

Update:

Buddy is losing patience, hasn't heard a peep from Red Hackit since mid November so he calls early last week finally gets 'Ol Snaggle tooth on the phone, gun's not ready yet (ordered in April) she can't give him one solid answer on a time frame. He says fine send me the form 4 so I can get the buyers paperwork started since you guys already have it complete. No can do. Snaggle tooth won't release paperwork until the gun is done. Red Hackit already has the paper work back from the ATF and the gun doesn't exist yet. Buddy gets pretty irate says a few choice words and threatens to call ATF. Snaggle says something to the effect of we're famous, we know more ATF agents than you. Buddy laughs out loud at S.T. (buddy is a real 20 year LEO and held class III stuff since early 80's) and says missy that's not the point. You've had this guys money since April and have completed paperwork and no gun. She's "just trying to streamline paperwork" End of conversion. Buddy calls purchaser and advises him to request a refund. Buyer calls and requests refund and is told he will be charged a 20% restocking fee for a gun that is yet to exist. Buyer decides to give Red Hackit more time.

Stay tuned! </div></div>

Why o why isn't their a atterny or a investigation requested. By the "buyer"?

Did anyone notice that in the last episode <span style="color: #CC0000">after they built and fired the napalm cannon</span> that <span style="color: #CC0000">Will's face was burnt up and the skin was peeling off of his forehead</span>?....

I will take a pic from the tv with my cell phone if no one beats me to it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did anyone notice that in the last episode <span style="color: #CC0000">after they built and fired the napalm cannon</span> that <span style="color: #CC0000">Will's face was burnt up and the skin was peeling off of his forehead</span>?....

I will take a pic from the tv with my cell phone if no one beats me to it. </div></div>

not only that, but I swear I saw gas running down the underside of the cannon, dripping onto the ground. It had to be gas, I can't think of any other liquid it could be, though, I am no pyrotechnician either.

Looks like they are in some trouble.

The star of the Discovery reality show "Sons of Guns" has been forced to surrender his Federal Firearm License after government officials discovered a bunch of his weapons had mysteriously gone missing ... TMZ has learned.
The man caught in the crosshairs is a famous gunsmith named William Hayden -- who founded Red Jacket Firearms in Baton Rouge Louisiana ... and hired his daughter Stephanie to help run the business.
Things went swimmingly until 2009 ... when the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms conducted a routine inspection of RJF and discovered 10 guns registered to the company could not be accounted for ... a big, BIG problem.
We're told the feds pinned the blame on William and Stephanie -- and were looking to take serious action that could have resulted in the end of RJF.
But law enforcement sources tell us ... the Hayden's struck a deal with feds in 2010, in which the two agreed to surrender their gun-making licenses ... and in exchange, they could appoint a LICENSED person to take over the company.
It didn't take long for William and Stephanie to pick their successor ... they went with Vincent Buckles (pictured left) -- another gunsmith often featured on the reality show.
William and Stephanie went back to work for the company -- but since they are no longer allowed to own the gun business, they are working as employees.
Reps for the Haydens, RJF and Discovery all had no comment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wilb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like they are in some trouble.

The star of the Discovery reality show "Sons of Guns" has been forced to surrender his Federal Firearm License after government officials discovered a bunch of his weapons had mysteriously gone missing ... TMZ has learned.
The man caught in the crosshairs is a famous gunsmith named William Hayden -- who founded Red Jacket Firearms in Baton Rouge Louisiana ... and hired his daughter Stephanie to help run the business.
Things went swimmingly until 2009 ... when the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms conducted a routine inspection of RJF and discovered 10 guns registered to the company could not be accounted for ... a big, BIG problem.
We're told the feds pinned the blame on William and Stephanie -- and were looking to take serious action that could have resulted in the end of RJF.
But law enforcement sources tell us ... the Hayden's struck a deal with feds in 2010, in which the two agreed to surrender their gun-making licenses ... and in exchange, they could appoint a LICENSED person to take over the company.
It didn't take long for William and Stephanie to pick their successor ... they went with Vincent Buckles (pictured left) -- another gunsmith often featured on the reality show.
William and Stephanie went back to work for the company -- but since they are no longer allowed to own the gun business, they are working as employees.
Reps for the Haydens, RJF and Discovery all had no comment. </div></div>

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

This is now on the same TMZ page,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
TMZ has learned Vincent Buckles has since left the company -- and two other licensed people are currently in charge of the business.</div></div>

Since the FFL holder left (Vincent), how will they be able to transfer guns or take in any work?
shocked.gif

As I understand the LLC entity had an FFL with Vince as the actor for that - anyone else in the entity (other than Will/Steph) can take the FFL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FALex</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did anyone notice that in the last episode <span style="color: #CC0000">after they built and fired the napalm cannon</span> that <span style="color: #CC0000">Will's face was burnt up and the skin was peeling off of his forehead</span>?....

I will take a pic from the tv with my cell phone if no one beats me to it. </div></div>

not only that, but I swear I saw gas running down the underside of the cannon, dripping onto the ground. It had to be gas, I can't think of any other liquid it could be, though, I am no pyrotechnician either.</div></div>

Saw that. Drip drip drip. Thing that REALLY caught my attention (and, I'm sure, of several underwriters) with Christ standing to the side of the stream of gas "roasting hot dogs." Splash splash. That's about the most stupidly irresponsible thing I've seen on the program to date. The only thing he didn't say was "hold onto my beer while I try something." Probably saved his skin.