• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Sons of Guns - New Discovery Show

Re: Sons of Guns - New Discovery Show

I highly doubt they are "laughing" all the way to the bank. They might be smiling but shows like this don't pay all that much. I would rather have a solid reputation as a shop for many years than get a small payout to ruin it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nostradumbass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She's hot.....but she lives in Lousyana, and there's not a woman in the state with a strait grill....just saying
smile.gif
</div></div>

I don't know what rat holes you've hung out in Mr Dumbass but we have plenty of straight grills here. Obviously your name fits you well.</div></div>

Ha!! I knew I'd get somebody fired up!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know I don't really have a dog in this fight and I could care less about Red Jackets work as I have no need for their services. But this 6 page rhetoric is getting pretty comical.

Do you think these guys truly give a rat's ass what all you experts think? And secondly I would assume that ole Fat Boy and his snaggletooth daughter are laughing their "red neck" asses at each of you all the way to the bank.

I'm certain that all of your expert opinions gravely affect their success and income!!

If I were in their shoes as opposed to mine and yours. I would purchase each of you a pointed stool and invite you to sit on it and rotate!! lol

Will be interesting to see if the scathing reviews by us Hidesters have any affect on their ability to procure a second season.

Cheers!! </div></div>

Boy, I don't think any amount of money would be worth looking like a complete dumbass on national television. If they were actual gunsmiths and not blacksmiths they might have a chance. I suppose I and maybe we are slightly jaded being we associate with like minded and dare I say intelligent folk typically found here on the hide. I forget there are massive groups of people who probably eat this shit up. But I think even the AR15.com types see through the show's BS.

I guess my only real issue is that they really do come across as imbeciles and therefore make the whole gun community look bad. I also think Discovery has an anti gun agenda.

And being slightly involved with television (hunting shows, Versus, Outdoor Channel)I'm thinking they really aren't laughing all the way to the bank.

LOL I have been living in a tent in Iraq for the last 4 months. got home the other day and my FIL is like you need to watch this show. WTF couldn't hardly make it through the gator stick. That thing has lost in the water or missing hand written all over it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guy Coker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You would think they would make a show of some really bad ass gun owners making awesome shots, or how to's. Instead they give us a Suns of Guns. There needs to be some better firearm consultants for the TV world. (Hmm if I only lived in LA) </div></div>
you would own a hi point with a 10 round "clip". sorry this is my first post but some one was gonna get it lol.

i want to call them and see if they can build me a gas inpingement m1 garand that shoots fire, a 12 gauge shot gun, and will fit in a suitcase.

I get a kick out of how stupid the whole group is. lets build this prototype gun and go shoot it. it extreme malfunction occurs then who cares.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr green</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i want to call them and see if they can build me a gas inpingement m1 garand that shoots fire, a 12 gauge shot gun, and will fit in a suitcase.

I get a kick out of how stupid the whole group is. lets build this prototype gun and go shoot it. it extreme malfunction occurs then who cares. </div></div>

But you'll have to have them mount a Counter Sniper scope on it then it would be awesome.

Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm excited! I just saw a commercial for the newest season.... Dipshit says "I wanna build somethin' stoopid!" I don't know what the hell he thinks they've been doing the whole time, but I foresee someone losing a body part this season!

Those retards are gunna make a 1000 yard ak for the troops over seas. I really think they are making the shooting world worse and making all gun owners look like crazed retards that get a hard on from the idea of shooting something from tv

LOL sitting here watching it and typed in Sons of Guns and asshats into google and this popped right up.....

Seems like the Discovery and History channel have turned into Asshat and white trash TV.... Might as well call it the Louisiana TV network these days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Exemer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those retards are gunna make a 1000 yard ak for the troops over seas. I really think they are making the shooting world worse and making all gun owners look like crazed retards that get a hard on from the idea of shooting something from tv </div></div>

I saw that too and admit I will have to watch that one. I'm sure just like there play on words about making stuff for "our <span style="text-decoration: underline">boy's</span> over sea's", the 1000 yard AK will not be a 7.62x39 AK...

I had to laugh at the security contractor one. Like really that guy looks like a total tool. And who in their right mind would put a mag fed weapon on the roof of a wagon. Belt fed or bust bitches....

Asshats still pretty much covers the whole shop. I seemed to have a lot of time last night playing black ops and watching. The old man with the flamethrower was cool but the rest of them seem poorly written and acted out even worse. Any why does the snaggletooth chick try to sell everyone an SBR shotty for an HD weapon. Are they cool yes they are.. Why not try to sell them something they can actually take home today and use?

Meh maybe I am just mad I don't have my own show. "Adventures of the Part time overseas Electrical Contractor" See some of my shenanigans with workers and shit I run across running around Iraq and Afg on a project by project basis. Shit like driving a busted ass old Mercedes van around bumper to bumper traffic in Kabul. Or that place I went to one time where the "people with no names" told me if I leave the work area I will be shot. Maybe I should pitch that to them and let them follow me around the next trip I make over.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm linking this thread to the saiga12.com forum!

lol </div></div>

You're going to bring on an onslaught of Dremel wielding self-proclaimed 'gunsmithing' experts whose expertise is in the use childrens model rocket engines and 'inventing' things that have already been done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Niles Coyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I saw that too and admit I will have to watch that one. I'm sure just like there play on words about making stuff for "our <span style="text-decoration: underline">boy's</span> over sea's", the 1000 yard AK will not be a 7.62x39 AK... </div></div>

I can't wait to see how much bullshit they're gonna pile on this week. I was thinking the same thing...the ballistics of the 7.62x 39 are shit...

I'm sure the D.O.D. is gonna just hand them an order for 5,000 of them for "our boys overseas"...

I'll bet Ronnie Barrett is shit-scared of his new competition.

Sons of Guns is revolutionizing the industry for the better and more shops need to follow in their footsteps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marcus85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sons of Guns is revolutionizing the industry for the better and more shops need to follow in their footsteps. </div></div>

ROFL!!

Wanna see revolution look around at some of the stuff being put out by GAP, Dixon, Roscoe, Randy, and the others. That's where the revolution is. Any monkey with a BFH and a dremel can build an AK. Hell I have done no less than 6 really nice examples in my garage and didnt use much more than a BFH and some home made tools.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm linking this thread to the saiga12.com forum!

lol </div></div>

You're going to bring on an onslaught of Dremel wielding self-proclaimed 'gunsmithing' experts whose expertise is in the use childrens model rocket engines and 'inventing' things that have already been done. </div></div>

I know... I thought about it for a second, and thought "Naaaaaw!"

Don't want a bunch of mall ninjas trolling the forum!

Saiga 12's are fun guns....but I bet everyone already knew that. Kicks like a mule though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm linking this thread to the saiga12.com forum!

lol </div></div>

You're going to bring on an onslaught of Dremel wielding self-proclaimed 'gunsmithing' experts whose expertise is in the use childrens model rocket engines and 'inventing' things that have already been done. </div></div>

Don't want a bunch of mall ninjas trolling the forum! </div></div>

Damn, I went over there (with my hip boots on) looking to see what that douch factory was saying. It's not a pretty place I gotta say!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm linking this thread to the saiga12.com forum!

lol </div></div>

Don't want a bunch of mall ninjas trolling the forum! </div></div>

Damn, I went over there (with my hip boots on) looking to see what that douch factory was saying. It's not a pretty place I gotta say! </div></div>

LOL this made me look, I think I would prefer a shank thread. The Tromix 10 years of Tromix thread had some neat shit in it though, most seem to have nothing more than mall ninja appeal but still kinda neat.

was it me or did I see them dinks mount a Counter Sniper Scope on that POS. I have to say, Thousand Yards my ASS! What a waist of a barrel to ether put it into a 7.62x54 or worse a 7.62x39. That show is a train wreck for whatever reason I cant stop watching.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: okrebel92</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm just glad this season is over. I pray that there won't be a second. </div></div>

Sorry but the Season 2 premiere was just a few days ago. They put 3 ARs' together... One would only associate what they built with complete retardation.

I torrent this show just to see how retarded these people are. They give the firearms industry a bad name.

There is no dang way they were shooting that POS at 1000 yds! So stupid I can't help but watch it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">was it me or did I see them dinks mount a Counter Sniper Scope on that POS. I have to say, Thousand Yards my ASS! What a waist of a barrel to ether put it into a 7.62x54 or worse a 7.62x39. That show is a train wreck for whatever reason I cant stop watching. </div></div>

Had to look for myself............pretty sure it was a Counter Sniper.

Will the round make it to 1000 yards? Absolutely, it was a 308 Saiga rifle
Will it hit what you're aiming it at out of that rifle? If you shoot at it long enough, you'll hit it sooner or later
laugh.gif

They never did show the range they were shooting it at, but it did take <span style="font-weight: bold">only</span> 3 rounds to hit the target.
smirk.gif

Ok I'll admit I'm curious about this 1000 yard ak but like I told a friend of mine its like polishing a turd I just don't see the point.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">was it me or did I see them dinks mount a Counter Sniper Scope on that POS. I have to say, Thousand Yards my ASS! What a waist of a barrel to ether put it into a 7.62x54 or worse a 7.62x39. That show is a train wreck for whatever reason I cant stop watching. </div></div>
I thought it was a counter sniper as well.

It looks to me judging by the style of turrets to be a Konus, thats the only scope I could find that had that same bump out on the end of the turrets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boise Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Either way you would think they would put a decent scope on it. At least try and look like they know what their doing. LOL </div></div>

Why would they want to start with a decent scope. Everything else they work on or do is a cheap POS. Im surprised they didnt put a BSA on it.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boise Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Either way you would think they would put a decent scope on it. At least try and look like they know what their doing. LOL </div></div>

Konus Tactical scope isn't a total POS........ I have one on my 22lr.........

So I usually avoid this show like the plague bu the 'snipe AK' drew me in.

First off a 7.62x39 making it to 1000yrds without having to dial 200MOA is a joke. (I'll run the numbers when I get home).

Then they never show the actual range when the 'sniper' shoots it. However, you can see what I think is flames over the tool-bag's right shoulder for a brief second and the flames are near the treeline which is at most 500yards. Their ~50yrd groups was well over an inch and looked like 2"...

EDIT------------------------------------------

Here are the numbers:

Trajectory for Federal Cartridge .308 dia. 7.62 x 39mm 124 gr. FMJ American Eagle at 2350 Feet per Second

Range 1000yrds
MOA -76.8
Path -804.32" ~(67 feet hahaha)
Energy 200.4 ft/lbs
Ft/sec 853.2
Flight 2.4219sec

HA HA HA..

How's about we stop supporting these retards by not watching their show. I think the firearms industry should boycott "Sons of Guns" just like the Tattoo industry is boycotting the TLC show "Tattoo School". The last thing we need is a season 3 of Sons of Guns.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sebben</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How's about we stop supporting these retards by not watching their show. I think the firearms industry should boycott "Sons of Guns" just like the Tattoo industry is boycotting the TLC show "Tattoo School". The last thing we need is a season 3 of Sons of Guns. </div></div>

Ya know, I agree...
I keep hoping that there would be some real value to the show.
Technical knowledge, reality, something that would promote knowledge and the sport we all enjoy so much.

Watching it with my two sons, we kept asking "What caliber? WHAT CALIBER!?" To not even mention the most basic "detail" of the rifle just completely removes the show from being taken seriously at any level.

There's no way in hell to do that with the 7.62 x 39, is there?
Doesn't that round go subsonic at around 600? With a shitty BC anyway?

From the looks of that Krieger, that rifle's probably as heavy as a M107. I figured what the hell, and contacted Krieger to see if they'd dish and tell us what they provided. If I get an answer I'll let y'all know...

Its like seeing a retard in public, you know you shouldn't stare, but you just.....can't......stop.

Oh wait, they are retards in public.

I missed it wednesday but hey, its on again... the scope looks like its this one \/

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=984937

Based on the poly mag size I am almost positive its a 308 or 7.62x54R Saiga... never saw the shell to see if it had the tell tale rim.

If they were going to do this right they would have made their own receiver incorporating a solid scope base... but they would have to be a true custom shop for that I guess... Had a good laugh though when they talked about the chamber being a .001 to short.

they did start with a saiga in 308, good choice of cal, after that well you all saw the show.

I didn't watch the 1000 yard ak episode but I still don't see it being especially accurate. Even with the match grade barrel it's still pressed and pinned in or it is on a typical AK. Its just been a matter of trying to explain to some of my friends that the AK is not known for its accuracy.

The problem here is we only make up 5% of the gun market,The other 95% think there show and builds are the shit..
We dont make up the majority,So maybe we are Undertarded and are the problem ?

What I don't understand about the show is that they just do stupid shit. Like: Building a 100yd ak under the claim that the guys in the field need a semi 1000yd rifle. I guess the barret doesn't far exceed that, and the m14 has been doing that for quite some time. Building a $2800 ak that they claim will shoot at 1000yds is retarded. How about you save yourself $500 and put it into a nice m14. Or just save yourself the hard work and buy a Dragunov sniper rifle which is based on the ak platform.

They also built a side by side fully auto AR platform with a water cooling system for these retarded gun boat operators. First off, the AR platform sucks as an automatic platform for many reasons. Closed bolt firing, magazine fed, and fixed barrel. Belt fed, open bolt, interchangeable barrel machine guns are much more efficient and safer automatic weapon platforms.

This show is a train wreck for anyone who knows anything about firearms. Oohhh and shooting .5" groups at 20yds is HORRIBLE shooting. And 1.25" groups at 100 yds isn't exactly what I would call a "sniper rifle".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucson?</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Its orange county chopper with guns that meets monster garage. If they can throw some housewives from somewhere in the mix the retarded public will probably win them an emmy award. </div></div>

They did that, was she not balling about some boyfriend issue? That was a good time to reload my beer!

Got a response from Krieger...
Oddly 'nuff, they didn't provide the barrel!
I assumed they had done so, in return for a little publicity. Looks like they got some free advertising...

Krieger's response to my question of type of barrel/caliber, cool of them to take the time to respond:

<span style="font-weight: bold">To be honest, we don't know. Krieger Barrels did not directly provide the blank for the episode that aired this week on the AK-47 Sniper. Looking at the blank as seen on the show and the markings/stickers on it, it was most likely purchased from one of our distributors. None of our distributors stock barrels with the correct bore/groove dimensions for 7.62x39mm (.303"/.311"). I would suspect it was a standard .30 cal (.300"/.308" bore/groove) which would be tight for the standard bullet diameters used in this cartridge.

To get all the correct specs used on this build whether shown on the TV show or not, I would have you contact Red Jacket Firearms directly, as they will be the best authority on what they did.

Thank You,

Krieger Barrels, Inc.
2024 Mayfield Road
Richfield, WI 53076
Phone: 262-628-8558
Fax: 262-628-8748
www.kriegerbarrels.com
</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucson?</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Its orange county chopper with guns that meets monster garage. If they can throw some housewives from somewhere in the mix the retarded public will probably win them an emmy award. </div></div>

They did that, was she not balling about some boyfriend issue? That was a good time to reload my beer! </div></div>

Don't forget Snooki and The Situation!

This show makes my head hurt to watch it, but for some reason I cant help but watch someone as they work away with random hand tools on precision parts.