• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Sons of Guns - New Discovery Show

Re: Sons of Guns - New Discovery Show

I was cracking up last night when I watched the AK sniper episode.

They don't even have a basic depth gauge set,C'mon??? The owner wanted the gunsmith to eyeball the .001".Now that's some precision gunsmithing there,LOL. Gee,I wonder if George at GAP tells his smiths to SWAG .001...NOT! Those Redjackets must be absolute experts with a dremel though.

Has to have been the large frame AK.Mags were 308 sized.

^^I was surprised at how pissed the owner got when he asked for the depth micrometer.... I would blow up on that guy....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sebben</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How's about we stop supporting these retards by not watching their show. I think the firearms industry should boycott "Sons of Guns" just like the Tattoo industry is boycotting the TLC show "Tattoo School". The last thing we need is a season 3 of Sons of Guns. </div></div>

It's a better idea than watching the show on either cable, satellite, or whatever and sticking the money from the ratings in their pockets, just to see what stupid shit they make and complain about it later.

If you really must watch someone, who calls himself a gunsmith, hammer a square into a circle then watch it on Youtube.

there are actually a few good smiths on that show...but are forced to make absolute shit....the owner is a joke with all of his stolen ideas....

i was about to go to sleep when i saw the 1000yard AK....my head instantly started to hurt in preparation for the onslaught of mall ninjas at the range talking about this monumental piece of shit

Everyone of you know you'll be ordering a 1k yard AK. Quit frontin'

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucson?</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Its orange county chopper with guns that meets monster garage. If they can throw some housewives from somewhere in the mix the retarded public will probably win them an emmy award. </div></div>

They did that, was she not balling about some boyfriend issue? That was a good time to reload my beer! </div></div>

Not only that, they build a "dragon" machine gun with OCC in one of the coming weeks' episodes, featuring tons of chrome and motorcycle parts.

I watched about 3 minutes of this episode. The older guy was bitching at the young guy because he couldn't eyeball the headspace. He basically told him to make it a piece of shit or be fired. (changed the channel)

Talk about precision. If I was the guy running the lathe I'd of walked the eff out.

Did anyone see how hacked up that stamped reciever was before the painted it. AND WHAT SCOPE WAS THAT? I just watch it and shake my head. Its sad that this is one of the better shows on tv. The only thing good about the show is the theme song,

An apparent employee spoke up in a forum. According to him the round was .308 Win and the rifle shot .7 MOA at 1000yrds. LMAO

Source: http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?62145-RJF-1-000-Yard-AK

Originally Posted by MOJO@RJF
"We had a Flyer at the the 100 yard sight in but it was a .2" group with out it. We shot it at 300 and 1000 and the grouping stayed under .7 MOA with Black Hills 175 and Gold Medal Match."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Austan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Talk about precision. If I was the guy running the lathe I'd of walked the eff out. </div></div>

I thought the same thing. But it seems when ever I stand up for something or against someone "I have an attitude."

Savage 10fp said:
What I don't understand about the show is that they just do stupid shit. Like: Building a 100yd ak under the claim that the guys in the field need a semi 1000yd rifle.

+ 1
I guess the owner never heard of Knights Armament, Aramlite or DPMS SASS, just to name a few lol.

They are a bunch of redneck taters but the daughter is "tater-hot" but every time she speaks I cringe. Watching them "build" reminds me of high school metal shop. I really can't find anything redeeming about that show...and yet I've seen every episode. /sigh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sending downrange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These guys act like they are inventing new guns. I have never seen anything original in this show. </div></div>

Well there was that cardboard rocket thing they shot each other int he balls with....

Haven't seen the 1k AK show but I don't doubt that it will pop up on their site then in the hands of Ninja Operators everywhere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poke</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sending downrange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These guys act like they are inventing new guns. I have never seen anything original in this show. </div></div>

Well there was that cardboard rocket thing they shot each other int he balls with....

Haven't seen the 1k AK show but I don't doubt that it will pop up on their site then in the hands of Ninja Operators everywhere. </div></div>

The bazooka was sorta original, but it was a craft project and not necessarily a gun.

I have not heard about this 1K AK. I need to get me one of those. haha

RJF=FAIL, DEATH

If I could find a 36 hour day, or make a little more free time, I'd be tempted to do a youtube spoof, "Red Jack@ss" firearms...where each episode we (re)invent something very commonplace and take full credit for it.

I used to live in Corpus Christi, TX, and a few years back we had a guy come in as the first Class II dealer/mfg in south Texas...(http://www.shootersdepot.com/)

I was probably 21-22 years old (about 10 years ago?) but have been on top of new developments in the firearm world since mainstream AOL in the early 90s. He lost any and all credibility when he started claiming HE INVENTED the 1/2"-28 adapter for the Walther P22. Not built, not manufactured, but INVENTED.

Every time I see that show, I think of that guy and his operation. Sorry to bounce off topic
smile.gif

If you are serious about it GT40, you need to actually put some thought into it. The world could really get away from all this centerfire-only and .30 cal and bigger.

I think that what the world could really use is a round that's not a centerfire, and smaller than 7.62mm. Maybe somewhere around the five and a half millimeter area would work well. You could use it for a pistol, rifle, revolver, semiauto, whatever. It would be awesome! If only someone would make something like that. I'll take credit for the idea, but the inspiration should go right to GT40.

-------------------------

[/Sarcasm off]

I wouldnt be able to work for that guy, asshattery aside, he go off on me like that 1 time, and Id tell him to go fuck himself.

The sad thing is that the general public will buy that shit up since they saw it on TV.

How precision can a rifle be if you are grinding on it with a die grinder and not checking headspace?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GT40MkI</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I could find a 36 hour day, or make a little more free time, I'd be tempted to do a youtube spoof, "Red Jack@ss" firearms...where each episode we (re)invent something very commonplace and take full credit for it. </div></div>

That would be hilarious and I would watch the hell out of it. I think you should invent the fully auto AR. Just simply take a semi, talk about altering the trigger assembly so that no one knows what your talking about, then just make the thing go full auto. You could be a millionaire.

And in response to them saying that their AK was .2 MOA at 100yds, Thats complete bull shit. They weren't even at .2" groups at 20 yds. He claimed that they had a flyer, well in that case, I did have a 5 round group the other day that was .000001 MOA. I only had 4 flyers, but I measured it with some calipers and it was a .0000001" group. Savage sure does make a good gun.

At the end of the day Discovery should have followed a family like the Barret family. Not saying they are the gods of guns or anything, but those guys actually do invent things. They have patents, and they do get thier guns to the "boys in the field". But at the end of the day, I don't think they would do a show because thier stuff is original and they are getting patents.

Their AK "sniper" is indeed .308. You can see pics of it on the bench at Discovery's website, along with the boxes of Black Hills ammo.

It must be nice to rake in the TV revenue and then all the incidental business due to your newfound "expert" status. Older dude brought in an Arisaka, got charged $150 for them to clean it and test fire it. They acted like it was something to find 6.5 Jap ammo.

I thought it was funny how they made such a big deal of finding .5 Jap ammo as well...

These guys are the Special Olympics of gunsmiths! Maybe if I get some ink and a douche bag beard, I can get a show grinding on firearms. What sucks is my friends, "including my wife" eat that crap up. I bet none of them can read a micrometer.
I'd rather see discovery give (The Tourettes Guy) a gunsmithing reality show!

Honestly...

What shop, thats does any type of machining, lacks a depth micrometer???

"This shit is simple... SIIIIIIIMPLE!"

I really believe that the fat guy with the tattoos and goatee, is the only one that actually knows what he's doing! (Big suprise, since he's the only actual certified gunsmith there!)

The shows editing makes it look like he's worse than he is... You can see he thinks Will and the others are dumbasses with his facial expressions!

He's just like all us other working folks... Doin shit the boss wants done, his way, and shuttin up in order to keep food on the table!

Gettin face time on cable doesn't hurt either!

And in response to them saying that their AK was .2 MOA at 100yds, Thats complete bull shit. They weren't even at .2" groups at 20 yds. He claimed that they had a flyer, well in that case, I did have a 5 round group the other day that was .000001 MOA. I only had 4 flyers, but I measured it with some calipers and it was a .0000001" group. Savage sure does make a good gun.

This shit is simple... SIIIIIIIMPLE!!!!!

Lmao!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Allen Hill Arms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And in response to them saying that their AK was .2 MOA at 100yds, Thats complete bull shit. They weren't even at .2" groups at 20 yds. He claimed that they had a flyer, well in that case, I did have a 5 round group the other day that was .000001 MOA. I only had 4 flyers, but I measured it with some calipers and it was a .0000001" group. Savage sure does make a good gun.

This shit is simple... SIIIIIIIMPLE!!!!!

Lmao!!!!</div></div>

hahaha +1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GT40MkI</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I could find a 36 hour day, or make a little more free time, I'd be tempted to do a youtube spoof, "Red Jack@ss" firearms...where each episode we (re)invent something very commonplace and take full credit for it.

I used to live in Corpus Christi, TX, and a few years back we had a guy come in as the first Class II dealer/mfg in south Texas...(http://www.shootersdepot.com/)

I was probably 21-22 years old (about 10 years ago?) but have been on top of new developments in the firearm world since mainstream AOL in the early 90s. He lost any and all credibility when he started claiming HE INVENTED the 1/2"-28 adapter for the Walther P22. Not built, not manufactured, but INVENTED.

Every time I see that show, I think of that guy and his operation. Sorry to bounce off topic
smile.gif
</div></div>

That sounds like an excellent idea, however, please beware that I own the patent, copyright, trademark and registration the words "Red Jackass/red jackass/Redjackass/RedJackass" and "Red Jacketed/red jacketed/Redjacketed/RedJacketed" I will allow first North American usage provided proper credit is given and should you make gobs of money, I get my cut.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw this in the promo for the season finale. I hope they get sued.

What a bunch of homos.

The funny thing is I bet those Red Jackass guys are reading threads like this and laughing about how jealous we must all be because we can't match their mad dremel skills.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RedJacket will become a part of our growing lexicon.

When someone does extensive dremel work or arc welding to a perfectly good firearm it will have been "redjacketed."

"Man look at that thing, looks like you redjacketed the shit out it, why did you do that? Next time take it to a gunsmith." </div></div>

All joking aside if you really went the extra mile on this it could be really, really funny.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nostradumbass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'd rather see discovery give (The Tourettes Guy) a gunsmithing reality show! </div></div>
Now thats something I would love to see!

Entertaining show - but kinda displays them as reckless cowboys and the firearms they "make" are common place.

That being said, they should change their mottos about how if we can dream it, they can build it. I asked them to do some work on a brand new MP44 and they declined saying it would take them over a month just to learn the weapon. If they're all that and a bag of chips, they wouldn't need a month to learn the weapon.

They are AKs and ARs and more AKs and more AKs and more AKs. That's all I see on the wall most of the time.

Apparently the girl on the show has been bitching that people are looking at her pics online or some shit like that so in honor of her complaining: (Someone found a pic showing pink, it's really close but I don't think it's her and I can't post it here so...)

wjfd6u.jpg

m8pldg.jpg

f0554g.jpg

2mn53kw.jpg

Poor thing. Maybe they will make enough money for a trip to the dentist?

(was that petty?)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(Someone found a pic showing pink, it's really close but I don't think it's her and I can't post it here so...)
</div></div>

I think its best if you posted a link so we can judge it for ourselves... or PM it to me! lol

I also love it how she says she's obsessed with bowfishing on an episode this season... Could it be because she got tag teamed real good last season for some 10/22 sales???

Now only if that suppressed pistol would go off in her face, and fix her bubba teeth.

I have seen a range after these guys left. They shot up everything in the range-fan.. Safety barrier, concrete walls, and all... You do not want these people on your range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoltOveride</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldnt be able to work for that guy, asshattery aside, he go off on me like that 1 time, and Id tell him to go fuck himself.</div></div>

All that is 100% for the camera. Discovery can't produce a work/business-based, TV show without depending solely upon the manufactured drama of ridiculously short, make-believe deadlines that will either "make or break" the company, and the now standard, big-mouth, idiot boss who runs around screaming n' shouting about "putting his size-12 in his employees ass" before each & every commercial break.

I won't even comment on their "Tri-mese" & 1,000yd AK," except to say that I can't believe he insists on keeping-on with his bullshit that our soldiers & Marines will be going into harm's way with his pile-of-shit, thrown-together firearms like that half-assed, AK-Sniper Rifle. Especially after his "Brown-Water Navy" Riverine/Boatcrew was proved to be a complete, bullshit lie

On the plus-side, at least now Red Jack-Off's bringing-in enough $$$ that Will-do could afford to buy a stylish new, gray T-shirt to wear while he's at work/on-camera!!! Maybe he'll have a chance to take his old, navy-blue one from last season to the dry-cleaners... or at least carry it down to the creek, & ring it out a time or two, anyway!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Russ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoltOveride</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldnt be able to work for that guy, asshattery aside, he go off on me like that 1 time, and Id tell him to go fuck himself.</div></div>

All that is 100% for the camera. Discovery can't produce a work/business-based, TV show without depending solely upon the manufactured drama of ridiculously short, make-believe deadlines that will either "make or break" the company, and the now standard, big-mouth, idiot boss who runs around screaming n' shouting about "putting his size-12 in his employees ass" before each & every commercial break.

I won't even comment on their "Tri-mese" & 1,000yd AK," except to say that I can't believe he insists on keeping-on with his bullshit that our soldiers & Marines will be going into harm's way with his pile-of-shit, thrown-together firearms like that half-assed, AK-Sniper Rifle. Especially after his "Brown-Water Navy" Riverine/Boatcrew was proved to be a complete, bullshit lie

On the plus-side, at least now Red Jack-Off's bringing-in enough $$$ that Will-do could afford to buy a stylish new, gray T-shirt to wear while he's at work/on-camera!!! Maybe he'll have a chance to take his old, navy-blue one from last season to the dry-cleaners... or at least carry it down to the creek, & ring it out a time or two, anyway! </div></div>

Spot on guv'nor!!!! Hahhhaahahhaahahhaa

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(Someone found a pic showing pink, it's really close but I don't think it's her and I can't post it here so...)
</div></div>

I think its best if you posted a link so we can judge it for ourselves... or PM it to me! lol

I also love it how she says she's obsessed with bowfishing on an episode this season... Could it be because she got tag teamed real good last season for some 10/22 sales???

</div></div>

I only have it as a file PM me your email and I'll send it over.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Poor thing. Maybe they will make enough money for a trip to the dentist?

(was that petty?) </div></div>

Spot on... Totally Spot ON.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Honestly...

</div></div>I think the boss got so pissed at him cause it shed light to the fact that they did not have the tool needed, on camera, for all of us to see. I bet he wanted it edited out but luckily they left it in there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Honestly...

</div></div>I think the boss got so pissed at him cause it shed light to the fact that they did not have the tool needed, on camera, for all of us to see. I bet he wanted it edited out but luckily they left it in there. </div></div>

Reddirt has hit the nail on the head

This show is so red neck anti-gun propaganda. They make gun owners look like hoodlums and idiots. I'm sure that all the people who don't own guns and don't know the laws about guns are really diggin it.
Worst of all, the front cover of NRA American Rifleman Magazine last month has these dip shits on it as well as an article about them. NRA makes it look like these are what gun people in America look like. To those who don't know, we all look like dumbass rednecks . This is the face of American gun ownership and the NRA supports it by publishing them in the magazine. Then this month, the same magazine has a full page ad for the show. All I can say is wow. It never failed to surprise me what money from one hand to another can do. NRA gets their hand greased by the Discovery channel to put this shit in their magazine and as long as the NRA gets paid, they don't care that the gun owners look like skinheads and idiots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stacyp</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> NRA gets their hand greased by the Discovery channel to put this shit in their magazine and as long as the NRA gets paid, they don't care that the gun owners look like skinheads and idiots. </div></div>

I been preaching it for years but someday people will see the the NRA is NOT our ally...

NRA = Compromise

someone pleeeease photo shop a pig nose and curly tail on that pig for me. I will put it on a tee shirt, coffee mug, ect and we will all laugh.

Thats why I dropped my NRA membership about 4-5 years ago. they do absolutely nothing for us but sit back and spend our money!!

Now I'm not a professional or anything...

But when Will handed the so-called Machine gun "Receiver" off at the chrome plating shop... Isn't that a violation???

I thought that any company who took a receiver into there possesion... needs to have a FFL, unless the owner was there to hold their hand the entire time???

For example:
Taking an AR lower to be engraved.

Was that not really the "Receiver" that he dropped off to get chromed? I know nothing about machine guns, lol!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage 10fp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What I don't understand about the show is that they just do stupid shit. Like: Building a 100yd ak under the claim that the guys in the field need a semi 1000yd rifle. I guess the barret doesn't far exceed that, and the m14 has been doing that for quite some time. Building a $2800 ak that they claim will shoot at 1000yds is retarded. How about you save yourself $500 and put it into a nice m14. Or just save yourself the hard work and buy a Dragunov sniper rifle which is based on the ak platform.

They also built a side by side fully auto AR platform with a water cooling system for these retarded gun boat operators. First off, the AR platform sucks as an automatic platform for many reasons. Closed bolt firing, magazine fed, and fixed barrel. Belt fed, open bolt, interchangeable barrel machine guns are much more efficient and safer automatic weapon platforms.

This show is a train wreck for anyone who knows anything about firearms. Oohhh and shooting .5" groups at 20yds is HORRIBLE shooting. And 1.25" groups at 100 yds isn't exactly what I would call a "sniper rifle". </div></div>

+1... why not spend $150 less and get a GAP 10?