• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Soon - Elite Tactical 3

Another request for illumination. I already have 1 Bushnell DMR2 and would buy another. However where I live and shoot illumination is a necessity. Too many shadows from the mountains and trees.

Reactions: BytorJr
Thanks RCBS - I'll get something else for now, but appreciate the timeline. Nothing is more infuriating than being told next week... perpetually. I will try one out perhaps next year.

Reactions: SavageSR308
Anyone else with VIP pricing notice the VIP price went up drastically on these? If that is true come time to order I will not be ordering. Can’t even say the prices before were a price for ordering early because the XRS3 was NEVER available.

Anyone else with VIP pricing notice the VIP price went up drastically on these? If that is true come time to order I will not be ordering. Can’t even say the prices before were a price for ordering early because the XRS3 was NEVER available.
I noticed it had like no discount with VIP pricing.

Looks like the decreased their discount across the board. Big change too...

Edit: Damn did they same thing for RCBS too, I literally had a whole list of RCBS stuff I was planning on ordering this weekend, I was just busy this week... And it's all much more expensive than it was a few days ago, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ravenworks
Nope, I snagged a DMR3 at the lower price.
It's probably just global realities catching up with us.
Have you seen ZCO prices climbing too?

Damn, that’s rough…

So was the VIP pricing on the website, for months, a typo?
I'm just guessing, but I presume they made a business decision to decrease the discount for their VIP programs.

I get it... but now its so toothless you find most everything cheaper at everyday prices via normal merchants. Makes its a discount program in name only.
Nope, I snagged a DMR3 at the lower price.
It's probably just global realities catching up with us.
Have you seen ZCO prices climbing too?

I dont think prices rose, in fact the MSRP on the website of the XRS3 is lower than the XRS2 was by a good amount.

Note: I am not making this a debate on inflation - just saying it seems to me more like a change to pricing strategy in this case.

I'm just guessing, but I presume they made a business decision to decrease the discount for their VIP programs.

I get it... but now its so toothless you find most everything cheaper at everyday prices via normal merchants. Makes its a discount program in name only.

I dont think prices rose, in fact the MSRP on the website of the XRS3 is lower than the XRS2 was by a good amount.

Note: I am not making this a debate on inflation - just saying it seems to me more like a change to pricing strategy in this case.
I noticed that msrp is lower. I wonder what street price will be. That is what really matters

Yep...20% jump or there about on VIP pricing.

Was regretting spending $900 on a new DMR II a couple months ago from a vendor because of the "greatness" the DMR III.

However, not only do I actually have a scope in hand, but I also feel like I'm no longer giving anything up for quality per dollar invested.

Yep...20% jump or there about on VIP pricing.

Was regretting spending $900 on a new DMR II a couple months ago from a vendor because of the "greatness" the DMR III.

However, not only do I actually have a scope in hand, but I also feel like I'm no longer giving anything up for quality per dollar invested.
And street prices are now cheaper than VIP prices on most things that are in stock

• Wow
Reactions: BigPrince
@Hollywood 6mm side stages Friday? (wasn't planning on getting there any earlier than 1500 to sign-up and check zero...)

Yeah, there's at least 2 that I know of. I'll be floating back and forth between Bushnell's side stage and the AB Mobile Lab. You'll also want to swing by the Daniel Defense side stage if you can make it.

Reactions: CK1.0
Yeah, there's at least 2 that I know of. I'll be floating back and forth between Bushnell's side stage and the AB Mobile Lab. You'll also want to swing by the Daniel Defense side stage if you can make it.
As a side note did I miss an email or something to get signed up for the mobile lab at the grind?

As a side note did I miss an email or something to get signed up for the mobile lab at the grind?

Yeah, you did. I'll PM you the sign up link. They've allowed walk-ups in the past, but signing up in advance should (emphasis SHOULD) guarantee you a slot, and makes the process a lot smoother for Mitch, Bryan, and Amanda.

Reactions: Dustyplyr
Keen to see some reviews and extra photos when you guys who have them can !!

Any chance for prototypes in any of forthcoming pics, or working impressions of same?
So I'm sure there will be some pics closing around but I can say I was around 6 or 8 of the production xrs3s this weekend Saturday and Sunday at the grind. They are a phenomenal scope. We had some pretty terrible weather and optical conditions and both my dmr3 that I had my am run and the xrs3s performed exceptionally well. Even in the terrible lighting/optical conditions they were clear. As the weather for nicer towards the end of the match the scopes handled the Mirage and fog very nicely. For what it's worth I was planning on getting another kahles k624i for my backup rifle but after seeing the xrs3s I'm going to pivot and grab one of them instead. Id there anything else you wanted to know about them specifically?

PS. If you ever see the bushnell guys around say hi. They were all super welcoming and great guys to spend a weekend shooting with.

Reactions: Bigrederic
So I'm sure there will be some pics closing around but I can say I was around 6 or 8 of the production xrs3s this weekend Saturday and Sunday at the grind. They are a phenomenal scope. We had some pretty terrible weather and optical conditions and both my dmr3 that I had my am run and the xrs3s performed exceptionally well. Even in the terrible lighting/optical conditions they were clear. As the weather for nicer towards the end of the match the scopes handled the Mirage and fog very nicely. For what it's worth I was planning on getting another kahles k624i for my backup rifle but after seeing the xrs3s I'm going to pivot and grab one of them instead. Id there anything else you wanted to know about them specifically?

PS. If you ever see the bushnell guys around say hi. They were all super welcoming and great guys to spend a weekend shooting with.
Is the dmr3 and xrs3 same glass?

I
Is the dmr3 and xrs3 same glass?
can't tell you for sure if they are...as far as I could see they certainly appear to be when looking through them. They are both ed prime and if the Coatings are different my eyes couldn't tell.
@Bushnell can you confirm or correct me on this

Reactions: Schw15
I

can't tell you for sure if they are...as far as I could see they certainly appear to be when looking through them. They are both ed prime and if the Coatings are different my eyes couldn't tell.
@Bushnell can you confirm or correct me on this
How was the xrs3 on the higher mag? The xrs2 seemed to get blurry and couldn't use the higher mag at least the one I had. Under 25 powder it was a lot better

Interested in FOV numbers in mils at different mag settings if anyone has...

Really wanting illumination.
From my understanding its not likely to happen.the majority of the target market for these scopes response when asked about illumination was we don't use it....like far less then even a couple years ago

How was the xrs3 on the higher mag? The xrs2 seemed to get blurry and couldn't use the higher mag at least the one I had. Under 25 powder it was a lot better
I never really used them above 30 when I looked so I don't wasn't too fill you fill of smoke there..up to 30x it still looked crisp.

Interested in FOV numbers in mils at different mag settings if anyone has...
I think I've worked this out correctly:
Multiply the ft @ 100yards by 3.333 will give you the Mils at that magnification setting.

To work out FOV at different mag settings:
Multiply the max magnification by FOV (number of feet) then divide by the magnification you want to know the FOV for.
It will work for the minimum mag setting also but for scopes that tunnel on the low end (like the DMR 3) you will get an incorrect answer.

All of this is subject to rounding errors, so you wont have a perfect answer but it'll be close.

I think I've worked this out correctly:
Multiply the ft @ 100yards by 3.333 will give you the Mils at that magnification setting.

To work out FOV at different mag settings:
Multiply the max magnification by FOV (number of feet) then divide by the magnification you want to know the FOV for.
It will work for the minimum mag setting also but for scopes that tunnel on the low end (like the DMR 3) you will get an incorrect answer.

All of this is subject to rounding errors, so you wont have a perfect answer but it'll be close.

Thanks, I'm having deja vu... so, it seems like the XTR3 is still FOV king in this price range. 6 mils vs 7 mils (per side) @ 30X. Of course, the Bushy does get to 36X...

Thanks, I'm having deja vu... so, it seems like the XTR3 is still FOV king in this price range. 6 mils vs 7 mils (per side) @ 30X. Of course, the Bushy does get to 36X...
Yes it does seem to be the case, personally I'd prefer the FOV over the higher magnification, but other opinions may differ.

I ran a production XRS3 at the GAP Grind this weekend. I'm really happy with the glass quality and the new reticle in it. I used to be "meh" towards floating center dots, but I've quickly grown to love them thanks to the XRS3. Even in the haze with shot out, tiny targets I was able to see targets quite easily.

I'm a bit biased, but I think the XRS3 is a winner. Everyone I talked to that got to check out the ones on display at the side stages were really impressed with them, too.

I shot the Daniel Defense side stage with the XRS3 and the scope was clear and bright even on 30x where the scope was set. The reticle was good, I like center dots. My Am was shooting his first ever match this past weekend with my back up rifle and a borrowed scope. The folks at Bushnell choose him to receive one the first XRS3's to go to anybody not on the Bushnell team. He was Very excited and couldn't believe they called his name. This weekend we will get it mounted and shoot the remaining match ammo and will give some more details after we get a range trip on it. All in all from what I've seen so far its a nice scope for sure. Thanks again to the folks at Bushnell for putting an awesome end to the weekend for him.

Sounds like the new scopes dmr3 and xrs3 are winners for sure. Glad to hear

Got to the range this afternoon for about an hour with XRS3 my buddy received from Bushnell at the GAP Grind. My overall opinion on the scope so far is that it that it is very good unit. If you liked the XRS2 I can't imagine you won't like this one.
The big improvement in the reticle is the dot in my opinion followed by the ability to make the finer adjustments with the quarter mil marks inside the first mil.
The turrets feel and look great. The big numbers with the .5 numbers between will make seeing what you're doing a lot better. The locking windage is a great feature also.
The adjustable throw lever is great and needed because with a 90 degree bolt throw we had to set it on the furthest left hole for a right hand action, a 60 degree throw would work in the center hole for sure.
The glass to me seemed to be great. As good as anything else in it's price range for sure. I have a Burris XTR3 and it seemed be brighter than that to my eye.
Field of view is equal to that of the Burris XTR3, on 20x with the Burris I have 10 mil to each side of center and when I set the XRS3 to have 10 mils on each side of the dot to the edge of the scope it was just slightly under 20x but real close. So at that Magnification area there you will be viewing a pretty much the same amount of real estate.
At the higher end of magnification the scope remained clear and usable. I set it at the 28-30x range for small targets at 400 yards and had no problems making out edges and focusing. I believe the scope is good enough to be able to use all 36x in some circumstances if a person wanted to.
I'm no Glass engineer or scope snob so I'm not diving into CA and all those other fancy terms guys smarter than me use. Today the weather was more than fair in the mid 80's with good light, so conditions were not bad at all.
I think the scope is Solid just like the XRS2 with some very nice improvements. I personally would have liked to seen the quarter mil marking carry to at least the 2 or 3 mil mark. At last years PRS Finale we were holding any way up to 2 mils at times maybe more for some folks so I would have liked to seen those carried out more.
I've had the Vortex Gen2, XRS2, USO Foundation, and now the Burris XTR3. In my opinion Bushnell did a great job with this scope, should be plenty of happy customers. When they become available that is. Thanks again to Bushnell for be great folks and helping out a new shooter with his first scope.