• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Source for 1911 build parts?

macthknife

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2004
clarksville, IN
Been looking around for other 1911 frames and slides from manufaturers besides Caspian and STI. At one time I had decided to start a build on one of Caspians titanium frames, but the cost and tooling issues have put a hold on that.

Now I think I'm going to use an aluminum frame and build a commander length .45. Havent found a source for an aluminum frame with searching though.

Anybody with some info, it would be appreciated.

Mac

Re: Source for 1911 build parts?

Wilson makes an alloy frame and slide that already has a lot of the custom work done as in bevertail cut, sights, checkering ect...

Don't think Kimber or S&W sell bare frames for custom jobs, but would like to be prven wrong. I like Kimbers stuff...not so much S&W.

Brownells.com, they sell any and everything you need to build a 1911

Brownells isn't showing any alloy frames, but I'll probably use them for other build parts. They have given me good service before.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lrt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wilson makes an alloy frame and slide that already has a lot of the custom work done as in bevertail cut, sights, checkering ect...</div></div> You wouldn't know if Wilson has that hidden on their site somewhere do ya? Is it possible you have to call them to find out about it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mac the knife</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lrt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wilson makes an alloy frame and slide that already has a lot of the custom work done as in bevertail cut, sights, checkering ect...</div></div> You wouldn't know if Wilson has that hidden on their site somewhere do ya? Is it possible you have to call them to find out about it? </div></div>

Here is the link to the online slides and frames:
http://www.wilsoncombat.com/a_frames_slides.asp

They dont have the LW listed just SS and Carbon steel you may have to call them about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lrt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mac the knife</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lrt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wilson makes an alloy frame and slide that already has a lot of the custom work done as in bevertail cut, sights, checkering ect...</div></div> You wouldn't know if Wilson has that hidden on their site somewhere do ya? Is it possible you have to call them to find out about it? </div></div>

Here is the link to the online slides and frames:
http://www.wilsoncombat.com/a_frames_slides.asp

They dont have the LW listed just SS and Carbon steel you may have to call them about it.</div></div>
Thanks. I'll learn how to the that darned internets someday.

I believe "Fusion" sells an alloy commander frame. Everything I have heard about their quality is good. I believe Fusion was started by the past president of Dan Wesson arms.

From the fusion website:fusionfirearms.com
"Firearms Custom Pro-Series FORGED LT Aluminum Officers 1911 FRAME

This is a Fusion Firearms, FORGED 7075 Aluminum 1911 Officers-size frame for officers and Micro-Compact Style 1911 models. This is our Pro-Series combat 1911 frame with Undercut trigger guard available with front-strap checkering. The rear of the frame is already cut for a .25 radius to accept a high-ride beavertail grip safety. The magwell is also beveled. This is the highest of quality, CNC machined from a Light weight Aluminum forging with all machining and heat treatments complete. Ready for you to build a super fine custom 1911.

Fusion Firearms, Made in the USA"
Price: Checkered: $269.95

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deputy1505</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe "Fusion" sells an alloy commander frame. Everything I have heard about their quality is good. I believe Fusion was started by the past president of Dan Wesson arms.

From the fusion website:fusionfirearms.com
"Firearms Custom Pro-Series FORGED LT Aluminum Officers 1911 FRAME

This is a Fusion Firearms, FORGED 7075 Aluminum 1911 Officers-size frame for officers and Micro-Compact Style 1911 models. This is our Pro-Series combat 1911 frame with Undercut trigger guard available with front-strap checkering. The rear of the frame is already cut for a .25 radius to accept a high-ride beavertail grip safety. The magwell is also beveled. This is the highest of quality, CNC machined from a Light weight Aluminum forging with all machining and heat treatments complete. Ready for you to build a super fine custom 1911.

Fusion Firearms, Made in the USA"
Price: Checkered: $269.95
</div></div>
Thanks for that link. Decisions decisions.