• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Spanish Gourd Ranch Whitetail buck VID added

NOmag

NONE
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2007
earth (the hot part)Dallas, TX
Single.shot here on the hide guided me on a hunt this past weekend and it will not soon be forgotten. We hunted from blinds, rattled, spot and stalked hell you name it we did it and in typical NOmag fashion we finally connected the last morning of my trip about 1.5 hrs before I had to leave.

Thanks to single.shot and Fourth for a great weekend and hunt and thanks to some other hide members for the great company and well mannered kids!!

On to the pics and maybe som rattlin movies later!

The unlucky 11pt. aged at 6.5 and scores 124 and change I think.
IMG_8261.jpg

another view
IMG_8264.jpg

Last one for now.

IMG_8274.jpg

He also had a little 12 1/2 point on the back of his left browtine that did not score but was kinda cool to have a little trash back there.

Anyway if you want a bad ass south texas hunt look up Single.shot and book for next year NOW!!

Later,
NOmag

PS the Gene Williams .300 winmag did the job as usual and I love the 180 ballistic silver tips!!! we had to use damn near a full roll of paper towels to clean him up for pictures.

Re: Spanish Gourd Ranch Whitetail buck

Boltripper was in attendance w/ kiddos......NOmag was jazzed to say the least and ALL had a wonderful time

Keith, Fourth and the really nice hospitality showed to myself and my boys will not be easily forgotten, great weather and food was had by all.

The Spanish Gourd get two thumbs up, plenty of trophy animals and exotics, I'll be back.

Best to you Keith and thank you .

Awful nice of the deer down there to lay around on rocks instead of hiding in the brush.

Nice buck. Sounds like a good time was had by all.

Thanks for the complements guys.

Ok, that old buck was a was one tough SOB to score on. Tom and I sat in stands, drove around safari style and a bit of rattle'n

I rattled in a few small buck but NoMag was after a little something for the wall.

We were on a cross country drive when Mr. 11pt flashed a peek. Tom jumped out of the truck and got on the Bog Pod, wait....... he's going to come out in the open lane between two cedars. Click the safety off a little grunt call to stop the brute and an instant roar of the 300wm......You Nailed him.

Last day and down to the minute but we got Tom on the road to Dallas by 12:00pm

kt

Now for Boltripper's clan,

He brought a pair of the most respectful young men I've met in quite some time. All weekend it was may we, yes sir, and thank you..........

Fourth guided the boys most of the time but I did get to sit with one for the last evening hunt of the weekend. Young boltripper was quiet and confident that it would be his time to shine. We had four deer (3 doe and 1 nice 8pt) step out. The hunter slid his 308 out of the blind and said just tell me which one. I answered take the big doe on the left. She steps clear, on the move, I gave the doe a call to stop, no sooner did the doe stop when the 308 BARKED........ Doe down DRT an amazing sequence and skill displayed by the hunter, couldn't have done it better myself.

kt

12 noon was the time I told mama I would be on the road home and if I didn't well lets say Tom's hunting time might have been done for a while so I crossed the cattle guard at 12:01 and you can be damn sure I called mama to tell her daddy was coming home!!!!

Bolt and family were a class act to hunt with and I had a great time hanging out in camp together. I hope you got a few pics to post and I am sure fourth did as well so get them up boys!!

As always the Spanish Gourd did everything they could to make it a great stay and Keith and Fourth were great to us. Keith went to the extent of having a bow hunting buddy of his drive 2.5 +++ hrs to the ranch to try to video my hunt (we have done this once or twice but it is much easier to have a none hunting partner to do the video portion) but he had to leave to due family engagements on the last day when I finally decided to connect on something.

Again thanks to the ranch and family for a great hunt and thanks to boltripper for some great company and we all need to get together again for a hunt next year!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CANAVAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice!! </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">kick-ass </div></div>
Thanks guys!!!

Later,
NOmag

I figured you guys would post something. Tom awesome deer, I am glad he finally came out, sorry I was not able to be there to get it on tape.

Keith-Awesome weekend(day). Great ranch, great animals!!!Good to meet some of the Hide guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cowboy73</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> sorry I was not able to be there to get it on tape.

</div></div>

wasn't all the tape used up on Jeremy, anyways?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cowboy73</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> sorry I was not able to be there to get it on tape.

</div></div>

wasn't all the tape used up on Jeremy, anyways? </div></div>

Yeah when I film I am sure to chase JV around for the comedy potential!!!

Cowboy73 did a great job running the camera when we were running around the ranch. If I have time today I will try to edit a clip of us out when the 10 pt apears 15 yards from us!

NOmag

Re: Spanish Gourd Ranch Whitetail buck VID added

Pretty deer, I like those dark horns, just makes a buck special.

Looks like yall had a blast, wish I was there. Congrats on the nice buck.

Fixed the video link for you...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EU0WBGb1pcw"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EU0WBGb1pcw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>