• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Spotting scopes with ranging reticle

Charlie Papa

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2005
Rural TN
I borrowed a guy's Leupold spotting scope, think it was the MKIV 12-40X60 with a TMR reticle. When he spotted for me, it was really nice for him to be able to just say "come left a half mil" since I'm shooting with a mil reticle. I thought I'd like to have one, until I saw the price... Damn! I haven't seen too many other spotting scopes with any sort of reticle like that.

Does anyone know of a good yet reasonably-priced ($400-800) spotting scope with some sort of measuring reticle?

Thanks!

Re: Spotting scopes with ranging reticle

I use a Meopta TGA 75. You can use either a 20-60 plain or 30x reticle eyepiece. Also use a USO that is a good field spotter but more of a large scope than a spotting scope. The Meopta is in the 750 (body) 250 (eyepiece) range new and the USO's show up here used in the 900 range. The cheapest decent option is the Bushnell either the old style with mildots or the new stle with a hashmark reticle.

You can pick up a used US Optics Field Spotting Scope for $800-$900...

FWIW...

I have a Vortex Razor HD with MilRadian reticle on the way -- it's not in that price category but could be an option to consider down the road.

I'd be interested to see how the Bushnell does with heavy mirage at 1k -- this weekend I compared a Swarovski to a Kowa and the Swaro was really useful in that example, but the Kowa much less so.

http://www.vortextactical.com/

Considering I have a Leupold Mark4 w/ TMR reticle and they make the Mark4 spotting scope with the identical reticle I don't have much choice but to save up for the real deal!

+1 on the USO spotter. Looked at one with the gap reticle and nice and crisp all the way out. I was impressed but that was by far the most expensive spotter I looked through.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ColBatGuano</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Vortex Razor HD with MilRadian reticle on the way -- it's not in that price category but could be an option to consider down the road.

http://www.vortextactical.com/ </div></div>

Have you received your Vortex? How is it?