• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

SPS 700 Bartlein rebarrel questions

Fatboy Jr

Private
Minuteman
May 13, 2013
NW Oregon
In group 7 for the LRI group buy.

Have a Rem700 SPS Tactical 308 that I want to rebarrel. Mainly punching paper 300-500yrds currently. Wanting to extend range over the next year.

Accurizing the action and purchasing a Bartlein 308 5r 11.25 in a #14. Want to shoot hand and factory loads in 175 SMK primarily.

Is the Bisley reamer the correct choice?

What would be the optimal OAL to have the barrel reamed to? Do not have DBM at this time. Might be in the budget in the future just not now.

Any thoughts?

Go with the Tac reamer listed. It is optimized to magazine fed guns with the 175-180ish grain bullet. Chad would tell you the same thing. I'm just regurgitating what he told me.

Go with the Tac reamer listed. It is optimized to magazine fed guns with the 175-180ish grain bullet. Chad would tell you the same thing. I'm just regurgitating what he told me.

+1 the Tac reamer is the way to go on this one I think.

Trying to figure out which reamer you guys are calling the Tac.
is it the 308 WINCHESTER "SNIPER" SAAMI 1*30 0.112 CARBIDE GO/NGO ("Go to" reamer for mag tolerant 175-190G loads)??