• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SR25 Disappointment

good luck man. I've had SEVERAL issues with my KAC's the past few years. Their customer service is questionable. I sent the same rifle back 3 times for the same issue. They didn't even test fire it before they sent it back to me. Finally they got it fixed on the 3rd time. They had some carrier issues that they are well aware of. I know their SR15 carriers had issues and I believe their SR25's had the same issues. They finally came clean and sent me new carriers. It's hit or miss with them now days. The customer service lady is nice, but you can't talk to the gunsmiths or anyone but Kay. She has to relay everything to them. It takes a ton of time and you have to be persistent with them, but they should eventually get it fixed.

Just an idea but KAC uses a lot of proprietary shit and I'm wondering if it didn't see some Fudd work or possibly got sent out with the wrong parts. Accidents happen.
Im curious; what parts are proprietary?

Hello everyone, I purchased an Knights SR-25 acc 16" from gunbroker about a couple months ago. Since then I've shot it at the range three separate occasions and have had horrible results.
Each range time has gotten worse as I've have ftf, bcg override the round, double feed, bend necks, etc. I'm using the factory mag, Lancer l7 mags, pmags and nothing seems to change it. I haven't used reloads as I can't even get factory to function correctly.
At this point my other ar10 is more reliable and I'm contemplating on selling it, but I'm disappointed as I've always wanted one since I left the corps. There's not enough crayons in the world to ease my pain!
Anyone have any ideas or suggestions, I've always found great advice here ?
Man I'm sorry yikes what a pain. Acquaintance of mine had this same issue with a DPMS 308AR I mean exact same problems to a T. Difference is he paid $600 for it on close out at Rural King so he's not too destroyed over it. Currently sitting in a safe tagging in here to see how your issue is resolved...good luck.

Last edited:
Examples like this are why i avoid buying used firearms. I would agree with the above comments that the odds are good this guy probably messed around with the rifle and changed something before selling it to you, OP. Jack L posts on ar15 and m4carbine.net, so I would contact him if you are worried about the customer service response.

[email protected]

[email protected]

I know the bolt and gas system are unique.
Im fairly certain the bolt is like any other DPMS style bolt. The SR15 however has proprietary bolt but that's a different topic for discussion. The carrier on the SR25 has a narrow hammer channel which only allows the use of a KAC match trigger which is a negative in my opinion. The gas tube and gas block has a unique connection; the tube has a flared end with a nut very similar to what you would find in aircraft tubing. The gas block is also unique in the way it is held to the barrel. Other than those few things the SR25 is like any other DPMS or Armalite rifle.

I did not think the dpms bolt would work in a sr25. I thought maybe the lmt would, but didn't think any other brand would. Is the dpms pattern modeled off of the sr25 pattern?

I did not think the dpms bolt would work in a sr25. I thought maybe the lmt would, but didn't think any other brand would. Is the dpms pattern modeled off of the sr25 pattern?
While I don't have a $900 KAC SR25 BCG I do have an MWS BCG which is compatible with the SR25, and a DPMS BCG and everything is measuring within .001" within each other as far as lug length and width and overall lug diameter. Both measure .125" case head depth. These BCGs are being used with Criterion barrels; one ine a Mega Maten upper and one in a CMT Tactical upper. Headspace was checked with Forster go and no-go gauges and passed the checks. I'd have no problem using a DPMS BCG in an SR25 as long as it passed the headspace check.
20200119_202428.jpg
15794917377495767387005045368189.jpg

Last edited:
Man I hope they get you squared away...I've been drooling over an SR25 or MR762 for years but wanted my scar first.

Hey gents, been in the oil fields of Alaska and haven't been able to do any of the following suggestions. Many good suggestions up here and I have purchased different mags and have different Ammo waiting. Knights has been contacted and I'm just waiting for a response.
So, calm your tits I will follow up once I fly home. ?

Semper fi

Reactions: kthomas
Just a follow up, I have tried out the magpul m118 sr25 mags and it seems to be functioning flawlessly now. I'm going to be contacting knights about checking my mag out to see if it needs replaced. Hopefully when i get my sr25 mag back it'll be good to go! Thanks for everyone's input and recourses.

Reactions: Jared91 and Kanati
I'll throw in "polish your feed ramps" just in case it keeps crunching rounds like that.

+1 on the adjustable gas block and check the buffer weight and spring.

HiDesertELR made sure to check the buffer system and it's Kac sr25 legit for their carbine system ?

I'll throw in "polish your feed ramps" just in case it keeps crunching rounds like that.

+1 on the adjustable gas block and check the buffer weight and spring.
Errr, this isn’t a home build, this is a KAC. You don’t do those things to a KAC. Maybe a buffer or spring, but the other 2 are nono’s

FWIW... Lancer 308 mags have VERY strong mag springs... enough that they will cause the BCG to drag with a loaded mag. ( At least they did on many different builds of mine )

Fully load the Lancer, and the Magpul... then push out the rounds one at the time, you'll feel the stiffer spring from the Lancer v. Magpul.

That said... do the fed cases have any other marks on them ?... Scratches ?

IMHO... when feeding, the cases weren't freely being released from the Lancers / and or KAC mags., and were just being forced to go somewhere... bending the necks and bullets in the process.

bfoosh006 never occurred about the spring tension in my Lancer mags. I knew they are fantastic mags as they're the only mags my buddy runs through his scar17 so I bought a couple, figuring they would be perfect for my sr25.
There are drag marks along the case, most likely from the feed lips.