• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stainless Steel Media and tumbling, idea, help....

I know a guy here locally that has the same set up and loves it. Personally I don't cycle that much nasty brass. I recently got the stainless media and tried it. Worked very well. A bit of a mess. But it worked very well.

I never found depriming to be fun clean or dirty but never found any difference in effort.

If you don't use case lube, sizing will be more difficult with washed brass.

for those who use SS pins in rifle brass, i use one of the lyman or someones media separators and after the brass is washed ill toss in one of my high power magnets (in a thick ziplock bag) and continue to rotate. Any pins stuck in brass will stick to the magnet and i can remove the. Once im down ill lay they all out and go over with he magnet one more time. Alot quicker then individual inspections for me.

After I tumble my brass in SS pins I empty the dirty water out of the tumbler and fill and rinse the tumbler out a few times with clean water along with the SS media and brass in the tumbler. Once the water is clean I then pick out each piece of brass individually and rinse it in clean cold water in a tub, this usually gets out any pieces of SS media that may be in the case. Once the brass is rinsed off I put it on a drying rack that I have. The cases are dried upside down so if any pieces of media is in the case it falls out after the case is dry. However I have yet to have any pieces of media remain in a case after I rinse them.