• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Steel targets

sandcrab

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2010
Is anyone making or selling steel targets for pistol and rifle cheaper than what I can buy them for on-line? Or does anyone know how expensive the AR 500 steel is?

Re: Steel targets

here are some of mine that i built out of ar400

1o0eoh.jpg
[/img]

osuarchitect and bobcat steel and i thought there was a third guy too, but i am not sure

<span style="color: brown">I was in the market for some Good Steel targets after my attempts at using 3/4" Mild steel failed miserably. After searching, and trying to contact a few Vendors Bobcat Steel replied quickly, answered my questions and was very helpful.

His steel is cut with a Hi Def Plasma, as opposed to others that use Waterjet. The plasma is cheaper and his prices reflect this, but I was concerned about the edges being annealed due to the heat. He informed me that the way the Hi Def plasma works the heat is concentrated on the drop, not the material being cut......

I ordered two 3/8" thick eight inch plates with 1/2" holes for chains, and made a quick "field expedient" stand for them. and set it at the 100 yard mark.. THEN...

I Broke out the <span style="font-weight: bold">.338 EDGE</span> to attempt to Destroy them. (Brake Installed by Up In Arms Design)
Savage 110, 30" Shillen Select Match barrel, SSS Recoil Lug / Trigger, Warne Base, Leupold Mark4 4.5-14X50 M1, Burris Extreme rings, Custom box mag to feed 3.890 OAL rounds.

edgesmall.jpg

(Curious why I have a Chopped up POS Stock on her ? Read THIS Thread...

300 Grain Sierra Match Kings at 2900 FPS
chronosmall.jpg

I then put 9 rounds into the middle of the target (Not yet sold on it's durability I did not want to destroy both)
steelclosesmall.jpg

The Sound is, Um.. Wicked ? Sounds like a 18 Wheeler VS Freight Train when they hit... Mega Cool Points.

There is a area in the back that is raised about 1/8" as shown in the pic below, I fully expected MUCH worse than this. I would not under normal circumstances shoot Steel this close, definitely not with the EDGE. A few Wacks with Mini Sledge will likely remove all indications that I Abused them. And at 300 + yards I do not expect to see Anything but missing paint.

steelbacksmall.jpg

A major thing for me in buying stuff online is communication. If the seller does not check E-mails, Private Messengers Etc. in a timely manner, I look elsewhere. Lets be honest, the internet is a Great place to get ripped off !

Bobcat Steel not only replied fast but did so in such a manner I felt very comfortable sending him my hard earned money. He kept me informed of the progress of my order and sent Tracking information as soon as it was shipped. The Steel performed better than I expected, and the Service was great. I recommend them 100% for any Steel Target needs you may have.

They can be reached at [email protected] or visit www.bobcatsteel.com

I will Close with a Obligatory "Feet" Shot

steelfeetsmall.jpg

</span>

This is Not a paid Review... Nothing was received in return for it. Just a Fair and Honest look at the Service and the product....

Have had great experience with osuarchitect and highly recommend his products!!! Have purchased 3 targets from him and all were received in a timely fashion & looked better than expected! All are holding up well!

Bobcat Steel is holding up Very well for me.