• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Steiner M7Xi 4-28x56

Ok well I talked to one of the reps at Steiner but I am not sure how much he actually knew and how much he was guessing on.

The US turrets will all be CCW but they are NOT locking. They have a zero stop, much like the M5Xi, but no locking capability. He thought ZS and locking were one in the same so... take that fwiw.

As far as the optical platform and glass/coatings are concerned, he said it will be the same as the M5Xi, though I’m not sure how that’s really possible with one being 5x mag range and the other 7x mag range. I guess the glass and coatings could stay the same but the optical chassis itself is different by definition... how that translates to actual glass quality I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

They have no plans of discontinuing the M5Xi so I’m not really sure what the point would be of coming out with a “new offering,” and only changing the turrets and mag range.

Ok well I talked to one of the reps at Steiner but I am not sure how much he actually knew and how much he was guessing on.

The US turrets will all be CCW but they are NOT locking. They have a zero stop, much like the M5Xi, but no locking capability. He thought ZS and locking were one in the same so... take that fwiw.

As far as the optical platform and glass/coatings are concerned, he said it will be the same as the M5Xi, though I’m not sure how that’s really possible with one being 5x mag range and the other 7x mag range. I guess the glass and coatings could stay the same but the optical chassis itself is different by definition... how that translates to actual glass quality I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

They have no plans of discontinuing the M5Xi so I’m not really sure what the point would be of coming out with a “new offering,” and only changing the turrets and mag range.

Sounds like he may not know much. Just a guy answering the phone, with maybe a little product training? I'll just wait 2 months and get some eyes behind it and see how it stacks up.

Reactions: just browsing
Just a heads up for those interested but I just got a notification that theyre in stock at Euro Optic

This is good news. Hopefully that means the 2 I ordered through Scott at liberty beat that mid December deadline. I'm excited for these.

^YES, me too. Really hoping they get here shortly but will be patiently waiting until then!

Anyone that gets their M7Xi or gets their hands on one, post up in here and let us know first impressions.

Anyone know how much internal travel these have?

Edit: Never mind...saw on other post is has 26 mil. Disappointing.

So the kahles, Minox, AMG, TT, and the PMII are all also disappointing? Just curious as these all scopes I listed are 26-28 mils. And I'm guessing even with a 20-30 moa base you still need more then 19-22 mils of elevation?

So the kahles, Minox, AMG, TT, and the PMII are all also disappointing? Just curious as these all scopes I listed are 26-28 mils. And I'm guessing even with a 20-30 moa base you still need more then 19-22 mils of elevation?

Yes. They are all disappointing because I am in the market for a scope with 35+ mils of elevation for shooting to 3000+ yards.

With 60 moa in a base/ring combo, a NF 7-35 should give me about 36 mils of elevation. See here... 300 Norma Mag Custom ELR Rifle. This is also confirmed with a phone call to NF that said they are understating their internal travel. In reality, the 7-35 has about 37 mils of internal adjustment.

For what I'm doing, I need about 50-60 mils of elevation. Hold overs without a reticle like a Tremor3 get me to about 46 mils, but I need more so I'm looking into adjustable bases to go with it.

Buying a scope with 26 mils of internal travel will make it that much harder so yes, anything coming on the market at this point that is wanting to play in the ELR game that doesn't have 35+ mils of travel is disappointing. Especially optics with 25+ power.

Here is another article that is worth a read http://precisionrifleblog.com/2018/08/05/extreme-long-range-tips-optics-mounts/

Last edited:
The guy speaks some truth. ELR is no joke and take a ton of time, money, skill and dedication. I'm sure you already know that with your setup and what your after. I have steered clear of attempting ELR shooting but applaud folks for doing it. I think that this M7xi wasn't designed to be an ELR scope but it seems that the Charlie Tarac kind of eliminates many of the issues guys as yourself face. Wasn't being rude about it, just that seems like a really good solution to what your after.

Is there a scope that currently has all the elevation you need? Just curious if the 7-35 doesn't offer what you need, what good alternatives do you consider, if any available?

I can see kahles laughing so hard right now..after beating sb LRR Zcomp this Steiner on releasing k5-25 and made so much money out of it...
:)

Re quality.
I know how much everyone seems to like facebook here but

FinnAccuracy posted 4 photos.
10 October · Instagram ·
New Steiner M7Xi 4-28x56 MSR2 finally in stock!
Also benchmarked - it is good, step above older M5Xi in all aspects ?
Uusi Steiner M7Xi 4-28x56 MSR2 viimeinkin varastossa! Myös koeponnisteltu, on hyvä ja kaikin puolin askeleen edeltävän M5Xi:n yläpuolella.?

Not much info but you don't need to be logged in or have an account to look at the link.
Sounds promising.

I'm really hoping the U.S. version is CCW turrets. I can't stand CW and would be a deal breaker for me.

They are, confirmed with Steiner and Longshot. The CW models are EU versions and are special order, which is what Charlie’s has pictured here. I guess they were available earlier than the US production models.

They are, confirmed with Steiner and Longshot. The CW models are EU versions and are special order, which is what Charlie’s has pictured here. I guess they were available earlier than the US production models.

Thank goodness. I had a $5-6k oh crap moment last night.

Doesn't look like it has the pop up revolution indicator like the 5-25. I know, I know. Not necessary when you get 15 mil/turn but it was always cool to watch.

Doesn't look like it has the pop up revolution indicator like the 5-25. I know, I know. Not necessary when you get 15 mil/turn but it was always cool to watch.

It does have a pop up rev indicator but it’s not the collar on the M5Xi.

Please forgive me my ignorance, but as a noobie I´m asking myself if there is any problem to mount a 30 moa rail?
Maybe because of the barrel getting into the sight line?

I´m looking for a scope on my 6.5 Creedmoor which I plan to use max. out to 1500yds anytime in the future.
19mrad of elevation seem to be good to me for that, or not?

Please forgive me my ignorance, but as a noobie I´m asking myself if there is any problem to mount a 30 moa rail?
Maybe because of the barrel getting into the sight line?

I´m looking for a scope on my 6.5 Creedmoor which I plan to use max. out to 1500yds anytime in the future.
19mrad of elevation seem to be good to me for that, or not?

Your good with 30 moa rails. Just make sure you have the proper ring height to clear the Bell and your flip caps from the barrel.

Reactions: Patriots1884
Your good with 30 moa rails. Just make sure you have the proper ring height to clear the Bell and your flip caps from the barrel.

Thank you sir, I will keep that in mind.

If I´m not wrong, 30 moa will give me close to 9mrad which I would have to dial up to get zero.
So 13mrad + 9mrad will give me 22mrad to holdover, is that correct?

If so, those 22mrad should work out to 1600yds with my 6.5 Creedmoor, what I probably never will shoot, but if so, surely won´t hit anything....
:geek:

FYI Steiner recommends the use of 45 MOA rails with their military line of scopes as this maximizes the scope’s amount of internal travel while still allowing clear sight picture over the muzzle and allowing a zero range of 100 yards.

So you could either use a 20 MOA base and then a 20 MOA mount or just look for a base with more cant.

FYI Steiner recommends the use of 45 MOA rails with their military line of scopes as this maximizes the scope’s amount of internal travel while still allowing clear sight picture over the muzzle and allowing a zero range of 100 yards.

So you could either use a 20 MOA base and then a 20 MOA mount or just look for a base with more cant.

45 moa rail for a Creedmoor? That’s retarded.

I don’t disagree, the point is that Steiner designs their scopes with that amount of cant in mind. Obviously you don’t need to use that amount, but you can go up to that amount...

Then why are you endorsing it for a Creedmoor? For one, it doesn’t need it. And the image quality, eyebox, and adjustment accuracy suffer when the erector is bottomed out like that.

Then why are you endorsing it for a Creedmoor? For one, it doesn’t need it. And the image quality, eyebox, and adjustment accuracy suffer when the erector is bottomed out like that.

FFS I am simply saying it’s possible to use that much built-in cant. If the guy is wanting to make sure he will absolutely have enough internal adjustment, Steiner says you’re able to use up to 45 MOA bases. Again, I am not “endorsing” it or saying that it’s otherwise necessary for the Creed. Just saying that’s what the manufacturer recommends.

Also, if what you say is true, I’m not quite sure why Steiner would “recommend” it. Think I might listen to them over a keyboard warrior though.

Attachments

• FD1F8EE9-28C6-4254-B39F-2D86C05A13F5.jpeg
    FD1F8EE9-28C6-4254-B39F-2D86C05A13F5.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 106
Maybe you should get some actual experience with long range / large erector travel scopes before making suggestions to noobs.

I dunno man, this T5Xi sure seemed to be ok with 70 MOA built in... maybe that’s not what you meant?

Attachments

• 7FC28A79-75B5-4610-843A-538B4ACFF84C.jpeg
    7FC28A79-75B5-4610-843A-538B4ACFF84C.jpeg
    793 KB · Views: 126
Dang its going be tough to pick between this and zcomp when both become avail...it will probably comes down to reticle preference

Dang its going be tough to pick between this and zcomp when both become avail...it will probably comes down to reticle preference

Might depend on your level of self control ;) these are supposed to be available mid December and the Zcomp is still in the ether

This is definitely on my new glass watch list.
It keeps growing lol. Had it down to just a Minox Z, then I saw the Revic and now the Zcomp and this lol.
Is there any idea on pricing for this as of yet, even a general ballpark?

Last edited:
^That’s the deal I got on. Per Scott and Steiner, they are expecting to see them sometime around Mid-December, though I would be very surprised if we had them in hand before Q1 2019.

WOW, for that price I'd get in on that. Did ya'll just call or email Scott?

Just go on his site and add to cart/checkout. I ordered two last month. One black and one Coyote MSR2. For the price, it was hard to not order more!

Orders placed now are expected March I believe. Scott said still on track for December from the initial preorder.

That is a great price, but after the disappointment of the new Kahles, I need to put hands on and eyes through a new model scope. Or see sterling reviews from trusted sources.

“Better” is a relative term... I know plenty that have been critical of the new Kahles but others that love them. I am positive that the Steiner will be very similar.

Reactions: bjay
Placed an order on one of these. Hopefully arrives in 2018. Tough call between PMII and ZP5 but 4x and lower weight / short length are undeniable benefits for hunting use.

Reactions: MOUNTIC