• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Steiner P4xi 4-16

MarkLeupold

On board the .25 train
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
[video]http://www.eurooptic.com/5221-Steiner-Steiner-P4Xi-4-16x56-SCR-Zero-Stop-FFP-Tac-Knob.aspx[/video]

Interesting stuff coming. Q2 2017 expected delivery, 34mm tube, illuminated SCR reticle, zero stop, $1300 MSRP. Everyone's gotta get a little bit of the pie, and I love all the new offerings in this price range!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

All the specs sound good, I'll buy one if they don't have mushy turrets like my p4xi 1-4.

I just saw this scope as well. A lot of good features. It is definitely a buyers market right now with so many companies coming out with some good and affordable scopes

Interesting. Looks like same as the 3-15 sans diff knobs and 56mm obj? price range is right. prob where the T5 3-15 shoulda been priced.

kinda hot for a hunting rifle....interested to see more. hope weighs less than 30 oz...

Regards,
DT

Interesting. Looks like same as the 3-15 sans diff knobs and 56mm obj? price range is right. prob where the T5 3-15 shoulda been priced.

kinda hot for a hunting rifle....interested to see more. hope weighs less than 30 oz...

Regards,
DT

Well, the specs say <860 grams. 860 grams = 30.34 ounces, so chances are good that it's right in that weight range.

Where does this fit in the line? A replacement of an older product, new line made somewhere else, etc?

Made in the USA specifically for Europtics as a one time offering.

Edit: all of my answers are directly from the posted link. I just happen to have clicked on it and read it.

Updating an old post...

Anyone has tried this scope? Any more information on location of manufacture (US or Germany), and the optical quality? How does it compared to the now-discontinue Military 4-16 sold around $1500 (when discontinued)?

As already said. Made in the USA in Greeley, CO as a limited offering for Europtics.

Couple months ago I shot a match in CO where a Steiner employee had one on his rifle. Looking through it reminded me of my T5 3-15 I have on my hunting rifle (I wasn't able to do a side by side for glass and FOV etc just did a quick fondle). The Knobs are obviously different and it is bigger, clicks overly tactile for my liking (I like mushy)...but at what $600 ish cheaper than the T5 3-15 looks like a great AR or rimfire optic maybe...

I have used the old 4-16 in a couple matches several years ago and I would be interested to do a side by side. I would def pick the P4 primarily as the old 4-16 was a tank (huge) and the rect is WAY better on the P4 than a G2B and the price again so cheap.

Someone better hurry up and buy one.

DT

I bought one when EuroOptics first got them and I love it. I cannot compare it to anything else since I've never had a scope this nice. The glass is really clear and the turrets have a nice easy click to them. I was going to get the T5xi 3-15x50 when this one came out and it fit my budget better. I have no regrets and look forward to years of shooting with it.

Anyone else have experiences with this scope? EuroOptic has a pretty good price on them now with the rebates going on.

Guys, this is a killer scope for the money - we have been testing one on a Tikka CTR in GRS Berserk stock and will be posting the results to the blog soon (probably monday). Blog link is top-right on the site.

As for the turrets being extra-tactile, that is true, and we picked that version of the turrets as the previous version was a bit mushy. WE have had several guys come back and buy multiples of this scope after they get one in their hands - not a single negative review thus far.

This is the ideal scope for the Christensen arms MPR, Tikka CTR and TAC-a1, ruger RPR etc

Not to mention, 16x really is enough to get you well beyond 1000 yards.

Steiner P4XI 4-16x56

Here are some pics for folks interested in this scope.

Attachments

• tikka.finished.jpg
    tikka.finished.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 399
  • scope3.jpg
    scope3.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 361
  • scope2.jpg
    scope2.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 344
  • scope1.jpg
    scope1.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 398
Guys, this is a killer scope for the money - we have been testing one on a Tikka CTR in GRS Berserk stock and will be posting the results to the blog soon (probably monday). Blog link is top-right on the site.

As for the turrets being extra-tactile, that is true, and we picked that version of the turrets as the previous version was a bit mushy. WE have had several guys come back and buy multiples of this scope after they get one in their hands - not a single negative review thus far.

This is the ideal scope for the Christensen arms MPR, Tikka CTR and TAC-a1, ruger RPR etc

Not to mention, 16x really is enough to get you well beyond 1000 yards.

Steiner P4XI 4-16x56

How does is compare to the t5xi 3-15?

I just got one. And I have quite some to say.

The good: it’s quite clear and bright. Eye box is big. Much better than the T5xi 5-25 I used to have. The turret is sharp, have a little play but not bad. Illumination is sloppy, but I can live with it. Mag ring feels great and rotate with right amount of force.

The horror: when I got the box, it’s obviously an open box item. The Steiner seal is broken. I am a bit pissed but I use used scope all the time. So move on. Went to range, immediately discovered the parallax adjustment is dead. It rotates but that’s it.

Ok, enough for me and this thing is going back. No I don’t plan to fix it, just need my money.

Overall, if you got a working piece, it is well worth the money.

Anyone have experience what kind of optical quality this scope would compare with? XTRII, T5xi, DMRII, Razor 2?
As I could not adjust the parallax for real, so my perception can be limited, but I will put this over T5xi and closer to Razor 2 domain, again just my personal experience on the couple scopes I have owned.

Serious parallax issues as described above on 3 out of 4 of these model scopes that I have installed. According to Eurooptics, they are now discontinued until the design problems can be resolved. Eurooptics was good to deal with. I cannot say the same thing about Steiner.

The 4-16 X 50 German made Steiner military scope is flawless.

This scope (4-16x56 P4Xi) with illuminated reticle/bundled Steiner tactical rings is on sale for $899 at DSG. I’ll post a report once I mount mine.

You can get them for $804.00 shipped from optics planet. Steiner has a promo for free rings and a cover. I will post mine after I mount too... hurry up Santa!

You can get them for $804.00 shipped from optics planet. Steiner has a promo for free rings and a cover. I will post mine after I mount too... hurry up Santa!
I'm glad you posted about the free rings promo from Steiner. I was teetering on the edge on that deal and that put me over. Hard to pass up this scope at $804 WITH a set of $200 rings.

Reactions: Stropp
Serious parallax issues as described above on 3 out of 4 of these model scopes that I have installed. According to Eurooptics, they are now discontinued until the design problems can be resolved. Eurooptics was good to deal with. I cannot say the same thing about Steiner.

The 4-16 X 50 German made Steiner military scope is flawless.

Where did this info come from? i ask because the Steiner web sight said nothing about it being discounted. And Euro optic still sells them.

Where did this info come from? i ask because the Steiner web sight said nothing about it being discounted. And Euro optic still sells them.
Optics planet has the 14% off promo.
Here is the scope promo.
https://www.steiner-optics.com/ring-it-promotion

The scopes had issues and they shut production down, solved the issue and resumed production. I just got mine and it is amazing. Blows my Swarovski mid level binoculars away in the clarity department.
Also backed by Steiner heritage warranty. Lifetime regardless of the owner. Steiner isn’t going anywhere and for $804 including T series mounts, I am all in. These are WAY under priced and I have a feeling prices will creep back up as these are $1400 scopes.

Reactions: GeoffatBurris
Optics Planet raised the scope price by $15 and cut the coupon from 14% to 10%. Still a bargain though.

Even with the issues the scope had early on, I wasn't afraid to take the plunge. Customer service from the folks in Greeley has ALWAYS been top notch. Too bad they didn't use it as a marketing tool...

Couldn't help it! Ordered one as well :)

Want to see how it performs compared to my AMG
I'm curious too. I'm selling a DMR II to make room for this one, hope the glass is better!!

I'm curious too. I'm selling a DMR II to make room for this one, hope the glass is better!!
My glass is stunningly clear. They are using German glass. Not sure if it is sorted like diamonds where high grades go to better scopes... would love to know what glass differences are between Steiner products.

Reactions: JaoeyP
My glass is stunningly clear. They are using German glass. Not sure if it is sorted like diamonds where high grades go to better scopes... would love to know what glass differences are between Steiner products.
So it's not just the lenses themselves, but also the level of coatings applied, and how the optical system is designed (how many lenses- each surface reduces light transmission, spacing of lenses, size of lenses, et cetera). It probably helps that this scope maxes out at 16x, which is where I prefer most of my optics to max out, unless I've ponied up for top shelf. Usually optical flaws and aberrations are much less noticeable at or below 16x. My DMR II looks decent until I crank above that point, then the chromatic aberration really starts to be noticeable.

How are you getting them for that when they are 950? Or did I miss a sale?

I'd be interested in one at 800. Had a t5xi and it was decent, the military I purchased from a forum member has been good so far and I like their reticules.

I'd be interested in one at 800. Had a t5xi and it was decent, the military I purchased from a forum member has been good so far and I like their reticules.
They were $935 with a 14% off coupon. They're $950 now with a 5% coupon available. Still a good deal with the ring promo available.

They are $950 right now but there is a 10% coupon 75XMAS18 So $855 shipped. They only have 4 left.

Reactions: JaoeyP
Optics planet has the 14% off promo.
Here is the scope promo.
https://www.steiner-optics.com/ring-it-promotion

The scopes had issues and they shut production down, solved the issue and resumed production. I just got mine and it is amazing. Blows my Swarovski mid level binoculars away in the clarity department.
Also backed by Steiner heritage warranty. Lifetime regardless of the owner. Steiner isn’t going anywhere and for $804 including T series mounts, I am all in. These are WAY under priced and I have a feeling prices will creep back up as these are $1400 scopes.

This is correct. There were some issues in the Euro Optic (only) model, and they were recalled, and then re-released a few months back, and seems to be a pretty good scope, and not longer a Euro Optic exclusive. We sold out of them last month. We have an option to buy more, but if Optics Planet is really selling at $800, I will buy from them for our shop, as they have a better deal than Steiner, and we are a high volume Steiner shop.

I just started looking at this scope. I like what I see so far, but there is still a fair bit more to do. At first blush, this may be the best low light optic in the FFP world anywhere near its price range.

I was very curious about the configuration, since there really aren't any moderate magnificayion 56mm objective scopes out there this side of a Hensoldt, so I figured I should take a look.

I'll need to spend more time with the turrets and tracking, of course, but it is looking very decent.

ILya

Tagging in here. Seems like a good scope. First scope with illumination and that seems neat. Looks pretty clear pirating it. I hope for 804 and 2% cashback on my credit card so 788 and free rings probably is an alright deal. Don't know what I should put it on. My 257 saum or my 22-250. Shoot the 250 a lot more but the saum is my nice gun. I look forward to hearing what you think Ilya. I've spent hours reading your reviews on scope and rifles!!! Does anyone know for sure what to send in for the rings? The receipt and the barcode off the end of the box?

Last edited:
This scope is amazing for the price with rings. The turrets are awesome, the glass is bright and clear, and the illumination is crisp. The turrets are without a doubt better feeling/sounding than the 2 T5xi 5-25’s I bought last year and the glass is as good or better than the T5xi’s also. No problem removing parallax on either but the P4xi seems more forgiving at respective magnifications. If Steiner would make a 5-20 or 6-24 P4xi, I would be all in and demote the T5xi.

It’s $949 with 5% off now so about $900 with shipping. Still probably a pretty good deal with the ring promo. 2 left.

LOL steiner USA is one dysfunctional band of incompetents.

Is there an actual scope they have released, that hasn't been a total piece of shit and required complete redesign before getting it right? And there are oodles of beta testers who cry like a child when someone calls a spade a spade. You have to be high to buy a Steiner that doesn't say "Made in Germany" on the side of it.

If I was their GM/COO, I would fire every single person that works there and start over. Talk about a cluster fuck of retards.

Is there an actual scope they have released, that hasn't been a total piece of shit and required complete redesign before getting it right? And there are oodles of beta testers who cry like a child when someone calls a spade a spade. You have to be high to buy a Steiner that doesn't say "Made in Germany" on the side of it.

If I was their GM/COO, I would fire every single person that works there and start over. Talk about a cluster fuck of retards.

THe HaWteST of TaEKs!

Impressed with mine, it does show some CA with snow backgrounds but the glass is very clear for what I paid. Only a couple range trips so far but it has tracked true.

Got mine a few days ago. Haven't mounted it yet but took it to the range today just to look at targets from 100-600 yards. It wasn't very bright out but there was very little chromatic aberration looking at the black targets with white lettering on the target boards. I noticed more on the edge of the sight picture and more if the parallax wasn't correctly adjusted. The elevation turret is a little stiff but as long as the actual adjustments are accrurate and repeatable I think this is a dandy of a scope for the money.

Your fucktared ass comments. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Birddog6424