• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Steiner Predator 8 4-32

TheHebrewHammer

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 1, 2021
The South
I have been shooting with it this weekend and I think it's sweet for a hunting scope. Anyone else have any first impressions or time behind it? Any comparable models?

Reactions: Mount87
I just picked up the 4-32 as well, as I got it for a price I couldn’t beat and was worth it to take a chance. The glass looks really good in comparison to my Vortex Razor HD LHT 3-15x50. At the same power of 15x, the Steiner definitely seems clearer and brighter but take it with a grain of salt, as I am a nobody in regards to reviewing scopes, just know what looked good to me.

@TheHebrewHammer , how is the illumination on your sight? I see it shows 11 levels of adjustment, and there is a moon and sun symbol between brightness levels 6-7. Is the night setting supposed to be for use with NVG’s? mine in the daytime settings don’t seem all too bright and almost useless except on the highest setting.

I‘m actually thinking about picking up either the 3-24 or the 2-16, still undecided yet, as I can get a killer deal on either of them as well. I like the greater FOV on the other 2, especially the 2-16, but like the extra zoom level of the 3-24, although when hunting, I’d never utilize as most of my shots are under 150 yards and normally inside of 50-75, as we have heavy woods, but I do have opportunities out to 300. That’s where the extra zoom would be helpful deciding a go or no go on taking the animal.

Also, if I was to go with the 3-24, what size rings would you recommend on a Bighorn TL3 with a proof cf barrel sitting in a KRG X-RAY chassis? Thanks in advance

I just picked up the 4-32 as well, as I got it for a price I couldn’t beat and was worth it to take a chance. The glass looks really good in comparison to my Vortex Razor HD LHT 3-15x50. At the same power of 15x, the Steiner definitely seems clearer and brighter but take it with a grain of salt, as I am a nobody in regards to reviewing scopes, just know what looked good to me.

@TheHebrewHammer , how is the illumination on your sight? I see it shows 11 levels of adjustment, and there is a moon and sun symbol between brightness levels 6-7. Is the night setting supposed to be for use with NVG’s? mine in the daytime settings don’t seem all too bright and almost useless except on the highest setting.

I‘m actually thinking about picking up either the 3-24 or the 2-16, still undecided yet, as I can get a killer deal on either of them as well. I like the greater FOV on the other 2, especially the 2-16, but like the extra zoom level of the 3-24, although when hunting, I’d never utilize as most of my shots are under 150 yards and normally inside of 50-75, as we have heavy woods, but I do have opportunities out to 300. That’s where the extra zoom would be helpful deciding a go or no go on taking the animal.

Also, if I was to go with the 3-24, what size rings would you recommend on a Bighorn TL3 with a proof cf barrel sitting in a KRG X-RAY chassis? Thanks in advance
You "might".be able to get away with medium.

Reactions: notacos4u