• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Steiner T6xi

My M7 now has a friend.
C3663DE0-E0EB-4ED1-BEE4-0489A65454EC.jpeg

Had a decent deal on one but it fell through, found a really decent deal on a Zeiss s5 so I went that route. Think my next scope might be a t6

Received my 5-30 T6xi after returning my Zeiss S3 for the same illumination issue others have had. I feel the Steiner has the same caliber glass, the illumination works as it should and it has much better turrets. My Zeiss turrets would bind in the same spot on every rev. My only gripe with the Steiner is that the parallax is very touchy to dial in.

Sprung for the 1-6

- not daylight bright but daylight visible is fair (see mid day arizona sun pics)

- I was skeptical of the reticle but I’m quickly warming up to it. I’ll have to mount it and put it through its paces at various distance targets and various lighting situations. It could be a real winner. I’ll reserve judgment after some use.

- the elevation turret notch marker does not perfectly align with the markings on the turret. The clicks are audible and feel very positive. But the marking misalignment pisses me off.

- glass looks great and I’m pleased with the eye box at least on initial inspection.

ADD47B99-8021-4BD8-8B80-B085B15AB597.jpeg

B4BD86CF-03F0-4157-BBFE-6EC9FC401C4C.jpeg

52419798-4AE0-4D07-9772-9737A7CFA721.jpeg

Attachments

• A7235498-6B24-49F1-9642-7F9B771ED302.jpeg
    A7235498-6B24-49F1-9642-7F9B771ED302.jpeg
    364.5 KB · Views: 164
One other thing I’ve noticed. The 1x is more like a 0.9x. I actually have to set the scope for about 1.35x to equate to true 1x.

I’m not very experienced with LVPOs. I used a Nightforce 2.5-10 for a lot of years so this is all new to me. Seems odd but I’ve read that some scopes are more a 1.1 and some are a .9 - so here I find myself.
293C855C-DB6D-490B-97BC-CDA213A3B41E.jpeg

Reactions: Bakwa
One other thing I’ve noticed. The 1x is more like a 0.9x. I actually have to set the scope for about 1.35x to equate to true 1x.

I’m not very experienced with LVPOs. I used a Nightforce 2.5-10 for a lot of years so this is all new to me. Seems odd but I’ve read that some scopes are more a 1.1 and some are a .9 - so here I find myself. View attachment 8021830
May need to adjust your diopter. Set your scope to 1x then adjust diopter until image looks like 1x

Does the T6 1-6x24 have a zero stop or a lock on the exposed elevation turret? I read through Steiner’s product page and spec page, which is inconclusive other than mentioning all T6 scopes have “Never Lost turrets” (whatever that means) and resettable zero. I know the other scopes aside from the LPVO have the locking turret feature. Just curious about the LPVO elevation turret. Thanks

I’m not very experienced with LVPOs. I used a Nightforce 2.5-10 for a lot of years so this is all new to me. Seems odd but I’ve read that some scopes are more a 1.1 and some are a .9 - so here I find myself. View attachment 8021830
Your eyepiece is not set up correctly. On LPVOs, you need to adjust it for true 1x image when the scope is set on 1x.

ILya

Reactions: M77 and CE1371
Sprung for the 1-6

- not daylight bright but daylight visible is fair (see mid day arizona sun pics)

- I was skeptical of the reticle but I’m quickly warming up to it. I’ll have to mount it and put it through its paces at various distance targets and various lighting situations. It could be a real winner. I’ll reserve judgment after some use.

- the elevation turret notch marker does not perfectly align with the markings on the turret. The clicks are audible and feel very positive. But the marking misalignment pisses me off.

- glass looks great and I’m pleased with the eye box at least on initial inspection.

View attachment 8021477

View attachment 8021479
View attachment 8021480

I finally got my 1-6 out yesterday and it is way brighter then that. I did a side by side with my Vortex Razer 1-6 and the Vortex was brighter, but not by much. It was a bright, clear sunny Texas day.

I took mine out and ran it really good after I zeroed it. My thoughts after shooting it:

1. Not as bright as the Vortex Gen 2 E 1-6, but very close. Absolutely daytime visible.
2. The Eye box is very forgiving on 1X. I felt that it was also easier to get behind then the Vortex Gen 2 E 1-6 on 6X.
3. The FFP recital is great.
4. I like the ghost ring and dot on 1X. It is very fast to use.
5. The recital on 6X is nice. I did not take it out past 100 Yards, but I can see how it will be user friendly.

Now the obligatory pictures...........
00-qY7I4uVR1_b1rQSxVxKNIHDibaIXo-TeKnKKnHG9n4YB5DVyWfJTTqHy53z_bPGErnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A

00-qY7I4uVR1_b1rQSxVxKNIHDibaIXo-TeKnKKnHG9n4ZzGSwYtu4NiJZgunNJmYcb5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg

00-qY7I4uVR1_b1rQSxVxKNIHDibaIXo-TeKnKKnHG9n4Y57gC6Xlo0WwkNfuazNPX_Kwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ

00-qY7I4uVR1_b1rQSxVxKNIHDibaIXo-TeKnKKnHG9n4aDlyL7blJKWg06xij-udA8ldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow

^^^ What is that spaceship in front of the Steiner? Assuming it is some type of laser but I'm not familiar with that profile.

Your thoughts on the eyebox at 6x vs. the Vortex Gen2E are "eye" opening.

I wonder if exported T6Xi's get that US Flag logo on top, nice touch for those of us here in the states. I wonder how many Chinese scopes would sell here in the states with a communist flag logo printed on it...

^^^ What is that spaceship in front of the Steiner? Assuming it is some type of laser but I'm not familiar with that profile.

Your thoughts on the eyebox at 6x vs. the Vortex Gen2E are "eye" opening.

I wonder if exported T6Xi's get that US Flag logo on top, nice touch for those of us here in the states. I wonder how many Chinese scopes would sell here in the states with a communist flag logo printed on it...

That "spcaeship" is a AN/PAQ-4C. It is a full power IR laser with no Illuminator. Very powerful and light weight.

I was referring to how to how fast and easy it was to acquire the target on 6X. I think that the Steiner edges out the Vortex just a bit. I am thinking it is because of the FFP.

It seems like the kc-1 reticle is what eotech was trying to achieve in the vudu line

Edit***
Does this only come in an exposed turret model?

Ended up with the 5-30, largely because it was in stock and the other things on my list were not.

#5124, 5-30x56mm MSR2-MIL
2022-12-17 14.25.43.jpg

Only had it out shooting a little, and not side by side with anything else comparable (some good scopes but lower power) but seems basically as good as my previous one, nothing notably bad. It is as big as the huge 4-16x Military, but with twice the magnification, fine.

Works well in low light, seems like previous Steiner to actively gather some light. Great behind a PVS-30, and I worried about green illum on a green tube but works very well actually. Generally, illum at night (not daylight bright!) is pretty neat: Bright center cross, dimly lights up everything else so you can use all the holds and measurements. Nicely done. Reticle overall is... probably a bit fine for me. My eyes are /awful/ and zoomed out it is hard for me to read the smallest ticks and any measurements, but I can usually zoom if I need to measure for ranging, for adjusting hold/zero, etc. Your eyes are almost certainly better, also.

Mechanicals are awesome. Above photo never got out of the 20°Fs all day, and I shot this only after hours so the gun was very cold. Not a bit of a problem with any turrets, etc. Good clicks, no lash, repeatable, etc. I could argue the zoom ring is a tiny bit tight, but I feel they did that on purpose, balanced it for the (included, but not attached yet) throw lever, so that extra mechanical advantage doesn't allow it to get bumped too easily. But still, getting used to it before accessorizing: zero change in effort to change zoom between 50° and 22° weather.

At least under 100m, more sensitive to parallax adjustments than other scopes I have had. Will get laser sharp when dialed in, but distinctly NOT (esp noticable at high mag of course) otherwise, so fairly narrow DOF for... some reason? I only know this in cameras where I can adjust aperture so baffled here. But notable.

Reactions: Stagg and CE1371
Hows the Steiner stack up against the Razor gen 3 6-36? About to order one from Scott at Liberty and can't decide between the two. I have a 6-36 already but the T6Xi is intriguing me. Thanks

Haha! True, I agree on the G3, I really like it and like the reticle, added it to my cart then saw the deals for Steiner, and shit, not sure what to do now. I’d probably go with the msr2 reticle to try it.

I really like the g3 and I also have NX8 4-32, razor gen 2’s, a mark5 and trying to figure out where the Steiner stacks up side by side with these.

Ended up with the 5-30, largely because it was in stock and the other things on my list were not.

#5124, 5-30x56mm MSR2-MIL
View attachment 8023812
Only had it out shooting a little, and not side by side with anything else comparable (some good scopes but lower power) but seems basically as good as my previous one, nothing notably bad. It is as big as the huge 4-16x Military, but with twice the magnification, fine.

Works well in low light, seems like previous Steiner to actively gather some light. Great behind a PVS-30, and I worried about green illum on a green tube but works very well actually. Generally, illum at night (not daylight bright!) is pretty neat: Bright center cross, dimly lights up everything else so you can use all the holds and measurements. Nicely done. Reticle overall is... probably a bit fine for me. My eyes are /awful/ and zoomed out it is hard for me to read the smallest ticks and any measurements, but I can usually zoom if I need to measure for ranging, for adjusting hold/zero, etc. Your eyes are almost certainly better, also.

Mechanicals are awesome. Above photo never got out of the 20°Fs all day, and I shot this only after hours so the gun was very cold. Not a bit of a problem with any turrets, etc. Good clicks, no lash, repeatable, etc. I could argue the zoom ring is a tiny bit tight, but I feel they did that on purpose, balanced it for the (included, but not attached yet) throw lever, so that extra mechanical advantage doesn't allow it to get bumped too easily. But still, getting used to it before accessorizing: zero change in effort to change zoom between 50° and 22° weather.

At least under 100m, more sensitive to parallax adjustments than other scopes I have had. Will get laser sharp when dialed in, but distinctly NOT (esp noticable at high mag of course) otherwise, so fairly narrow DOF for... some reason? I only know this in cameras where I can adjust aperture so baffled here. But notable.
I seem to be getting some conflicting info on this scope. Does the MSR2 reticle have a floating dot or a solid crosshair? My understanding is the MSR2 is a floating dot upgrade from the MSR. Thanks

I seem to be getting some conflicting info on this scope. Does the MSR2 reticle have a floating dot or a solid crosshair? My understanding is the MSR2 is a floating dot upgrade from the MSR. Thanks

Would the MSR2 reticle in the 3-18x56 work well as hunting scope? My 300 WSM needs glass and was considering the Zeiss S3 4-20

Thanks,If I'm not mistaken then the MSR2 is a floating dot, but one of the online sellers says this scope has a solid cross according to Steiners website and what's printed on the box. If so then is this scope being sold as a MSR2 when it's really a MSR reticle? I hope some people who have this scope will chime in. Thanks,Mike

Some websites/vendors have it pictured wrong. The T6Xi’s have the MSR2 with the floating dot. I have two of the 3-18 models and both are MSR2 reticles.

Reactions: Huskydriver
Hows the Steiner stack up against the Razor gen 3 6-36? About to order one from Scott at Liberty and can't decide between the two. I have a 6-36 already but the T6Xi is intriguing me. Thanks
If it does compete with the G3, I'd be suprised. The higher end M7Xi doesn't stack up with the G3

Reactions: Islas82 and 5RWill
Thanks,If I'm not mistaken then the MSR2 is a floating dot, but one of the online sellers says this scope has a solid cross according to Steiners website and what's printed on the box. If so then is this scope being sold as a MSR2 when it's really a MSR reticle? I hope some people who have this scope will chime in. Thanks,Mike

I have a Steiner M5xi 5-25x56 with the MSR. The center is a solid +. The MSR2 has the open center with a floating dot.

And yes, there is confusion out there. I purchased this scope after being told it was the MSR2 reticle only to receive it and find it has the MSR.

ALWAYS get pics of the reticle through the scope if possible.

Reactions: shoobe01
I have a Steiner M5xi 5-25x56 with the MSR. The center is a solid +. The MSR2 has the open center with a floating dot.

And yes, there is confusion out there. I purchased this scope after being told it was the MSR2 reticle only to receive it and find it has the MSR.

ALWAYS get pics of the reticle through the scope if possible.
Just got off the phone with Steiner Optics.The MSR2 reticle has a floating dot. The confusion is that their website specifications show a picture of that MSR2 reticle with a solid cross. The tech I talked to said he would talk to marketing to get it changed. I know of one online vendor that told me that the scope has a solid cross. I'll relay an update to them. Hope this helps any one else who had questions about this.

Reactions: Arevalosocom
Now I am back in the country I have taken some embarassingly mediocre photos to annoy everyone. It's a T6xi, MSR2. There's a red illuminated cross on the reticle diagram.
2023-01-03 17.35.12.jpg

With a center illuminated cross (all these are set at about 12x) in... green.

2023-01-03 17.40.56.jpg

And, the rest (well, minus the heavy bars to the side) lights up dimly as well, in green still of course.
2023-01-03 17.43.03.jpg

I also love how it came with not a reticle guide but a little business-card sized thing:
2023-01-03 17.44.54.jpg

Implying you follow the link for the not-really-a-QR-code, and when you do the PDF (in 2023!?) has... no MSR2 reticle. MSR, not 2.

And what is up with the big green diamond thing on the card?

Last edited:
There’s a dot in there. Can see it in your second pic.
I just received the 18x and it has the dot, and only the cross and dot illuminate at the lower settings. Didn’t try the highest settings as I will only use the lume at night.

Reactions: shoobe01
I think it is a pretty neat illuminated reticle. You can have it down low to just see central cross hair and dot leaving the rest of the image uncluttered. If desired, turn it up to see the remaining reticle for holds or measuring targets.

It works well with my clip-on.

There’s a dot in there. Can see it in your second pic.
I just received the 18x and it has the dot, and only the cross and dot illuminate at the lower settings. Didn’t try the highest settings as I will only use the lume at night.
Ahhhhh!!!! Now I get it. "Floating dot" as in separated from the rest of the reticle with a space, not... like S&B non-illum reticles with a separate dot on top of that as the illum bit.

I see now, good to know. Will get more into it when I get a chance to update the reticle chart in my databook, really stare at the MSR-2 diagrams.

Screen Shot 2023-01-03 at 21.03.37.png

Best reticle info is at FinnAccuracy.com. You can download the 27 page pdf to really get into the weeds of all the features

Can anybody confirm whether the SCR2-MIL reticle is illuminated? The factory page says illumination control is via a rotary dial, so perhaps this is a stupid question, but every picture looks like just a black mark, no illumination.

Can anybody confirm whether the SCR2-MIL reticle is illuminated? The factory page says illumination control is via a rotary dial, so perhaps this is a stupid question, but every picture looks like just a black mark, no illumination.
Yeah it’s illuminated but not the whole reticle and it’s green only. Awesome scope though!

Attached picture is at 30x

Attachments

• 2BB7CE4F-FA54-4840-AD84-F1F0498DD7F0.jpeg
    2BB7CE4F-FA54-4840-AD84-F1F0498DD7F0.jpeg
    306.5 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
Here’s an illuminated MSR2

Attachments

• D606CEB8-F166-491C-BD9E-675BD9C4379F.jpeg
    D606CEB8-F166-491C-BD9E-675BD9C4379F.jpeg
    380.9 KB · Views: 376
Reactions: M77 and shoobe01