• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Steiner tracking issues resolved?

Toebuster

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2005
NY
Thinking of picking up a new Steiner T5Xi 3-15x50 from one of the hide vendors soon, but I remember there were some issues with their turrets. Have those issues been taken care of? is there a lot number, or serial number range to avoid? Been looking at the US Optics B10 as well, as secondary.

Thanks

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than myself will chime in.

From my understanding the tracking issues were with the first scopes to hit the streets. Steiner quickly fixed the problem and encouraged people to send in their scopes that had issues for the "new turret upgrade".

From everything I've read Steiner's customer service is on point, if you have an issue they'll take care of you.

I've got an older M series 3-12x50 and that scopes a tank, glass is awesome, tracks perfect and for the price point was and is an awesome scope.

If it's an updated model or has been serviced with new turrets, the triangular Steiner logo will be marked on the elevation and windage turrets:

v3jJ5y7_d.jpg

I grabbed a couple of the first run. I never took them out any further than 800 yards but didn't have any real issues with them. I did see the values quickly declining so moved them. But still think that they have had the best glass of any scope I have had. Been complementing getting another one since the issues have been resolved.

Thinking of picking up a new Steiner T5Xi 3-15x50 from one of the hide vendors soon, but I remember there were some issues with their turrets. Have those issues been taken care of? is there a lot number, or serial number range to avoid? Been looking at the US Optics B10 as well, as secondary.

Thanks

Yes. With the upgraded turrets, mine tracked 100% true.

They are g2g.

The upgraded models track perfect, and moreover are some of the best turrets you will find even when pitted against some considerably more expensive optics. The glass is what you’d expect from a $1k optic but the turrets punch above their weight class.

That whole issue was pretty overblown to begin with.