• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Stiff turrets on Super Sniper?

4th_point

Private
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2008
OR
I recently bought a 20x and the elevation seems really stiff. The effort doesn't bother me so much as it feels heavier in only one region during a full rotation. Right around the 5 to 10 marks its stiff, but easier everywhere else. Windage is fine.

Anyone else notice this? I've searched, but most comments just say that the elevation is stiff.

Re: Stiff turrets on Super Sniper?

If it stiffens and then loosens up, something may be wrong.

Take the turret off and see if there something out of place.

Take the turret cap off and check the o-ring seal or the turret cap for wear spots or out of roundness. If not, call SWFA (assuming you bought it from them) and tell them the problem. They might be able to fix it.

Gunfighter

Ditto, it should not have a stiff spot in the turn, something is not true.

Take the turret off, take the o-ring off, put the turret back on, twist, and see if it goes away.

If it goes away, go to auto parts store, or hardware store, and try to find a different O-ring.

If it doesnt, call SWFA, or use the warranty.

I recently purchased one of the WOTAC scopes and had the same issue. The stiff spot went away after a few full rotations, as Switchblade suggested.

Had the same problem on a SS 16x, pull the caps, wipe everything clean, regrease 'em with dielectric grease( available at auto part stores) and you should be good to go.

How close are your ring(s) to the erector body and how tight are they?

Mine is hard to get past the first click after sitting for awhile. It hasn't had much use yet. I will replace the grease if necessary.