• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock Doc, Joe Ducos is amazing!

MNM

Private
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2020
Joe installed KMW Loggerhead hardware into my McMillan Game Scout and did an Excellent job!!! His prices are very fair and his turn around time was (to the day) as promised!! He communicates really well !!! You won't go wrong if you want an adjustable comb by asking Stock Doc to install KMW Loggerhead into an already quality stock !!!! Thanks Joe !!!!

Reactions: MPrimo
Here it is.
Stock.jpg
Stock1.jpg

This was a fixed stock to start? How does it not have a big open hole where the stock has to be cut?
I have on of his KMW Loggerhead comb jobs on my Rem 700 HS stock.

Its a bit more complex than doing an adjustable comb on a wood stock but the approach is the same.

After cutting out the comb, it appears that he mills out the interior of the stock/comb with the inlet for the KMW hardware and secures it with screws and MarineTex. Looks like a bit of fiberglass to finish the surface of the cuts and then painted.

Its a great way to go and Joe does good work for a good price and he's a good guy.

And frankly, Mr. Cross's Loggerhead hardware is bullet proof. Just outstanding

1623417839617.jpeg

1623417856600.jpeg

1623417879262.jpeg

Just a little FYI on HS Precision stocks....

I had a HS that needed some work so I decided to do an adjustable comb on.
HS Stocks have a hollow cavity in the buttstock and it has to be filled in to allow the hardware to have a place to be secured to.

Adj Comb 03.jpg

I used fiberglass resin and cloth to build it up and smooth it out.

Adj Comb 04.jpg

Adj Comb 05.jpg

I made my own hardware just for this project stock, to see how it turned out.
I plan to do a couple of other stocks and will order some KVM or Atlas hardware for those.
It turned out ok and is fully functional for a home made job.

Adj Comb 06.jpg

Adj Comb 08.jpg

Adj Comb 10.jpg

Adj Comb 09.jpg

I will say that the work that Joe does is first class and a bargain for the price he charges.
Seeing first hand how much work is involved gives me an understanding of the great job he does

Nice work! Did you just make some holes in the side of the stock to adjust the set screws on the shaft collars?

Yeah, I screwed up and meant to put them on the RH side of the stock, but I learned quite a bit on this first a job

Adj Comb 12.jpg