• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock Market

Okay. What’s the play the with my USD?
Its pretty much guaranteed not to increase in value any time soon right?

I got nothing beyond that.

This whole exercise/manipulation of currency, markets and goods is all about making you and I more dependent on government

Its communist central planning 101

You're a lot easier to control if you're afraid, worried about where your next meal is going to come from and whether or not you're going to freeze to death in your own home this winter.

Reactions: Emerson0311
What proto said but in spades.

If we can use that word anymore??

***-200 social credit score for word usage. ***

• Haha
Reactions: 264Proto
1652401204387.png

The VIX is only running in the mid/high 30s. It hit ~65 in Mar 2020, low 40 in Aug 2011, and was just shy of 80 when Lehman Bros folded. I think it's a bit premature to suggest that we've hit Peak Fear.

Also note that it doesn't take Fear to sell off. Sometimes it's perfectly logical.

Reactions: gigamortis
Elon - “Twitter deal temporarily on hold pending details supporting calculation that spam/fake accounts do indeed represent less than 5% of users”

Too bad my puts already expired.

• Haha
Reactions: OldSalty2
Was that a total head fake deal? It never made sense to me.
I think the offer was based on certain goals/metrics. He knew they wouldn’t hit everything thus he could renegotiate the price. This is bullish for Tesla and also why I didn’t buy stock but puts.

Reactions: NoDopes
I still think it may go through. It just might not be at the price he originally offered.

So is todays rally Monday’s crash or does it look like we’ve hit bottom?

Typical Friday in an uneasy market. "Buying to Cover" has run up the share prices. For those holding long (at a loss) here is a good exit point. Enjoy the weekend and don't worry about this market.

Don't be fooled by the "Dead Cat Bounces".... This is not the bottom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gwak2006
If you have anything to sell today is the day.

Buy it back next week.

There is such a thing as bear market rallying and it’s short lived.

I’ll post this here because it could have an impact on this subject.

Notice the farmer says a year min ( that’s for the farmer) it will be a 2 year min for the consumer.

The farmers crop ( current planting )will impact next years feed or this falls produce.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
  • Mortgage balances shown on consumer credit reports increased by $250 billion during the first quarter of 2022 and stood at $11.18 trillion at the end of March. Balances on home equity lines of credit (HELOC) were relatively flat and have been for the past 3 quarters, bucking a declining trend in place since 2016Q4; the outstanding HELOC balance stands at $317 billion. Credit card balances declined by $15 billion, a typical seasonal change. Credit card balances had declined significantly in the first year of the pandemic and remain $86 billion lower than at the end of 2019. Auto loan balances increased by $11 billion in the first quarter. Student loan balances now stand at $1.59 trillion, and increased by $14 billion in the first quarter of 2022. In total, non-housing balances grew by $17 billion, boosted additionally by a $7 billion increase in other balances, which include consumer finance loans, retail cards, and unclassified loans.

• Mortgage balances shown on consumer credit reports increased by $250 billion during the first quarter of 2022 and stood at $11.18 trillion at the end of March. Balances on home equity lines of credit (HELOC) were relatively flat and have been for the past 3 quarters, bucking a declining trend in place since 2016Q4; the outstanding HELOC balance stands at $317 billion. Credit card balances declined by $15 billion, a typical seasonal change. Credit card balances had declined significantly in the first year of the pandemic and remain $86 billion lower than at the end of 2019. Auto loan balances increased by $11 billion in the first quarter. Student loan balances now stand at $1.59 trillion, and increased by $14 billion in the first quarter of 2022. In total, non-housing balances grew by $17 billion, boosted additionally by a $7 billion increase in other balances, which include consumer finance loans, retail cards, and unclassified loans.
None of that is a surprise. I’m more interested in what the next quarters numbers hold.

Lots of theories going around. I think a lot of this decline is the foreign money leaving the USA and going back to it's homeland. Perhaps to build infrastructure, farm land or produce food. JMHO

And the loss of the federal reserve “fed put” that won’t be back as long as inflation stays high.
Paying back the federal debt will be facilitated by this inflation but the deficit needs to come down fast or there will be some worse storms.

Last edited:
Nice chart.
But those XOM employees / stock holders are sitting pretty compared to the TSLA employees who own stock.
This is a dangerous crossover with the recession getting underway.
XOM did pay a dividend -
5/12/2022$0.88Quarter4.1%N/A4/27/20225/13/20226/10/202
No dividend history for TSLA

big.chart

Doubtful a recession will play into the hands of the EV world.... The poor's will just hold on to that old beater and feed it low cost 87 octane.
I was wrong once before..... ;)

Last edited:
How long have both been around?

What is the pe of each?

Tesla ever go through a depression?
Tesla started right after the dot com bubble burst... so yes.

PE doesn't mean you think it does...

Anyways, Tesla is far better positioned for a recession and rising rates.

With the start of the recession, TSLA is betting the farm on Elon... As mentioned, XOM is holding the commodity (oil / refining) that will pull the world out of a recession... I can not imagine either doing anything different while riding out the recession.

Tesla started right after the dot com bubble burst... so yes.

PE doesn't mean you think it does...

Anyways, Tesla is far better positioned for a recession and rising rates.
EL OH EL

Sure thing.

They started AFTER a dot com which had zero to do with or effect them.

Their price per earning is horrid. It’s an over priced company. They move ev incentives to union only and it will most definitely have a big impact on them.

Recession?? They have never seen one. Btw. I mentioned depression.

• Haha
Reactions: S3th
EL OH EL

Sure thing.

They started AFTER a dot com which had zero to do with or effect them.

Their price per earning is horrid. It’s an over priced company. They move ev incentives to union only and it will most definitely have a big impact on them.

Recession?? They have never seen one. Btw. I mentioned depression.
Yeah, those EV Credits... less than 3% of revenues... it is going to be so damn painful.

I’m still cleaning my screen and keyboard from your last post.

Notice Buffet is stocking up on Apple? He says only a fool would bet against Tim Cook.
But but…..

He should be plowing money into Tesla.

Comparing a company that has been around about 15 years to once that was founded in the 1880’s.

Losing on tesla, glad I didn't buy any Twitter though. I hope he breaks it off in them.

Losing on tesla, glad I didn't buy any Twitter though. I hope he breaks it off in them.
Hindsight is always 20 / 20..... No need to beat yourself up.... It's a tough market here in the USA... Lots of foreign investors are leaving with a black eye. Appearing the DXY is running out of steam. Asian markets did well over night... Those markets may very well lead the world out of the recession. JMHO

Reactions: 346ci
LOL.... One more big, old, heavy hitter shoring up the share price. A sign of things to come. Battening down the hatches.

Shares of Caterpillar Inc. rallied 2.1% in premarket trading Tuesday, after the construction and mining equipment company said its board of directors had recently approved a new $15 billion stock repurchase program.

Could that be due to increased prices? At some point consumers will pull back and that number will crater I would think.

Could that be due to increased prices? At some point consumers will pull back and that number will crater I would think.
Of course.... But these kind of morning head lines are nothing but propaganda to keep American's spending:

U.S. industrial output up 1.1% in April vs expectations of a 0.5% gain

Care to dig really deep and find out what the Government is calling "Industrial Output" ?

The longer the FED Reserve works towards a soft landing............ The more entrenched this Bear will become.
Note CAT's stock buy back this morning. Comment ?
I would need to look at their actual finances to get a better picture, but share buybacks have various methods to determine shareholder return. Each share the company purchases, they are retaining the EPS + Dividend payment. Say that is $20/share and the stock is $200, that would be a 10% return on cash. If their weighted average cost of debt is 6%, why pay down debt? If their ROIC is 8%, why invest in the business the extra $15B; especially if they are not production constrained. Additionally, removing shares boost EPS on a go forward basis.

Also, share repurchase is not mandatory. They can purchase in and out of 10B5-1/10B-18 rules or completely skip a quarter.

Hindsight is always 20 / 20..... No need to beat yourself up.... It's a tough market here in the USA... Lots of foreign investors are leaving with a black eye. Appearing the DXY is running out of steam. Asian markets did well over night... Those markets may very well lead the world out of the recession. JMHO
It's all good, I waited too late to play the tesla game but I will hold on for the long run.