• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock Market

L.O.L.

What is this issue and how does it affect my vehicle?
FSD Beta is an SAE Level 2 driver support feature that can provide steering and braking/acceleration support to the driver under certain operating limitations. With FSD Beta, as with all SAE Level 2 driver support features, the driver is responsible for operation of the vehicle whenever the feature is engaged and must constantly supervise the feature and intervene (e.g., steer, brake or accelerate) as needed to maintain safe operation of the vehicle.

In certain rare circumstances and within the FSD Beta operating limitations, when the feature is engaged, it could potentially infringe upon local traffic laws or customs while executing these driving maneuvers in specific conditions before the driver may intervene...

Fucking fraudulent.

Legally, it is classified as SAE 2; ABCs haven't classified it as anything else. It will drive you as shown in videos.

Those videos show it driving about as well as my 12-year-old. As a science project, it's pretty impressive. As a product introduced to the public at large, it's rather scary. As an investment thesis, it's fraud committed at scale.

Those videos show it driving about as well as my 12-year-old. As a science project, it's pretty impressive. As a product introduced to the public at large, it's rather scary. As an investment thesis, it's fraud committed at scale.

Is it scary? How many Tesla’s do you pass have it turned on? I think it’s quite ingenious and wish I had one as I drove 1,500 miles in the last two days.

I know you are a smart guy. But you sound like two older gentlemen I worked with as I was pitching & implementing an AI and ML solution.

Here is what an "attempted" Soft Landing looks like.

SPX, 2 year chart
big.chart

Another example of how the Stock Market / Index Funds are staying afloat.
It's the Government.
First Solar Earnings Show 'Dramatic' Benefits of Inflation Reduction Act. The Stock Is Shining. First Solar's financial forecasts highlight its status as potentially the biggest beneficiary of the Inflation Reduction Act, one analyst said Wednesday, as the stock surged higher.
Paywall
FSLR
big.chart

The "Rain Maker" has spoken.

The presentation was long on vision and general statements about moving to sustainable energy sources, but short on new specifics about how Tesla would help society achieve that vision.

Well boys, I’m 2nd place after 4 interviews. I guess I’ll keep talking ;). Bummer though.
Well........ an old construction saying = Look out what you wish for, son..... You just might get it.
Just hang back, count your blessings and enjoy life.
That # 1 guy won't pan out and they will be calling you..... At that point the salary and benefits go up by 30% from their last offer.

• Love
Reactions: Texascbr and S3th
Well........ an old construction saying = Look out what you wish for, son..... You just might get it.
That # 1 guy won't pan out and they will be calling you..... At that point the salary and benefits go up by 30% from their last offer.
It was Toyota too... maybe Tesla will call me next :)

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
I got a good job because they ended up needing another hire. 2nd best is a solid finish sometimes.

Tesla’s next vehicle assembly plant will be in Mexico near Monterrey, CEO Elon Musk announced Wednesday. “We’re super excited about it,” Musk said during an investor day for the company. “We’ll continue to expand production at all of our existing factories. So this is not moving output to anywhere, from anywhere. This is supplemental production.” The company currently has capacity to build about 2 million cars a year at four factories, in Fremont, California; Shanghai, China; Austin, Texas; and Berlin, Germany. It has set a goal of eventually building 20 million cars a year. The company delivered just over 1.3 million cars in 2022. The largest automaker in the world by production volume, Toyota, delivered just over 10 million cars globally in 2022.

Reactions: S3th
Flush with donor money, organizations with names such as the 1792 Exchange and Consumers’ Research have run ad campaigns criticizing top investment firms including BlackRock, Vanguard and State Street for what they say is politically motivated investing.

In Arizona, it's illegal for factories to sell vehicles directly to consumers. That's why Tesla's sales presence is reduced to a "gallery" at Scottsdale Fashion Square. Arizonans can order one online or on a trip to California, but you can't buy a Tesla like you would any other vehicle in Arizona.

In Arizona, it's illegal for factories to sell vehicles directly to consumers. That's why Tesla's sales presence is reduced to a "gallery" at Scottsdale Fashion Square. Arizonans can order one online or on a trip to California, but you can't buy a Tesla like you would any other vehicle in Arizona.

I believe this is the same as Texas. In Texas, you have to sell through a third party dealership or something.

I believe this is the same as Texas. In Texas, you have to sell through a third party dealership or something.
It won't take Elon long to buy enough Arizona career politicians to change the law......... Same for Texas and all of the other states with regulatory laws.
Remember I am a native of Louisiana... Then Governor, Edwin Edwards, made continuous legal / political changes to allow the oil / gas / petro chemical mega corporations to build plants on the Mississippi River between Baton Rouge and New Orleans.
Edwards took a page from the play book of Huey Long (The Kingfish).... As an alternative, he proposed the Share Our Wealth program in 1934. To stimulate the economy, he advocated massive federal spending, a wealth tax, and wealth redistribution. These proposals drew wide support with millions joining local Share Our Wealth clubs.
Long took pages from both the Spanish and French politician's all the way back to the Louisiana purchase.

History is repeating, rapidly.

Last edited:
I hear you.......... Should Elon drop dead tomorrow, what would TSLA stock do? Not the company, but the stock price ?
You are betting on the jockey, not the horse.
As I have mentioned before, Elon is important and key man risk exist. But I believe the company would continue to perform to 2028+. I would purchase the stock as it falls below $100.

As I have mentioned before, Elon is important and key man risk exist. But I believe the company would continue to perform to 2028+. I would purchase the stock as it falls below $100.
Hindsight is 20 /20....
Many, many years ago I held a boat load of Costco (COST) @ 75.. Took a bad dip in 2009 and I sold. Today it is at 475.26
I also held some Enron... At Enron’s peak, its shares were worth $90.75; just prior to declaring bankruptcy on Dec. 2, 2001, they were trading at $0.26.
Just have to "Know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em.
A man's challenge is to how he defines himself..... Investor or Trader ?

Reactions: NoDopes
I haven't paid much attention to the eletric motorcycle segment. What are y'alls thoughts? Do you think the main 4 Japanese makers are going to own the industry? What about Harley-Davidson's Livewire?

Funny you mention that. There were a few vendors at IDEX that had some. Chinese, Eastern Europe companies. Whether or not they were there for defense type purchases or just a display of capabilities is probably up for debate, but they are definitely being marketed.
I would be interested in buying one. I ride my father's 2003 100th year Road King when I visit.
2000000000.jpg

If LiveWire can produce these for under $9,999 I think the market would explode.
livewire-2021-wht-001.jpg

I haven't paid much attention to the eletric motorcycle segment. What are y'alls thoughts? Do you think the main 4 Japanese makers are going to own the industry? What about Harley-Davidson's Livewire?

Honestly, it's fucking stupid. Bikes get ridden, on average, 3000 miles/year. They get decent fuel economy. So your emissions reduction is minimal. In exchange, you've added a lot of weight to a vehicle that is generally pretty sensitive to such a thing, and tied up a bunch of scarce resources that could be allocated to a garbage truck or delivery van or school bus.

On the plus side, it's not as stupid of an idea as electric pleasure boats.

Honestly, it's fucking stupid. Bikes get ridden, on average, 3000 miles/year. They get decent fuel economy. So your emissions reduction is minimal. In exchange, you've added a lot of weight to a vehicle that is generally pretty sensitive to such a thing, and tied up a bunch of scarce resources that could be allocated to a garbage truck or delivery van or school bus.

On the plus side, it's not as stupid of an idea as electric pleasure boats.

I think you make an argument that electric motorcycles are more practical. If I had a toy sitting in the garage that only saw 3,000 miles a year; not having to worry
about the yearly service cost of an ICE has some value. In general, I think it’s a good way to grow market share with those under 50. & probably more practical for market adoption in India vs EV vehicles.

Tesla announced at Wednesday’s Investor Day its next-Gen power train will use 75% less rare earth minerals. I imagine more advances will be made over the next 15+ years further reducing their use.

I think you make an argument that electric motorcycles are more practical. If I had a toy sitting in the garage that only saw 3,000 miles a year; not having to worry
about the yearly service cost of an ICE has some value. In general, I think it’s a good way to grow market share with those under 50. & probably more practical for market adoption in India vs EV vehicles.

Tesla announced at Wednesday’s Investor Day its next-Gen power train will use 75% less rare earth minerals. I imagine more advances will be made over the next 15+ years further reducing their use.

From a casual consumer standpoint, you make a very good point. It's just like how electric power equipment works great for a large number of home owners who are occasional users. I've rebuilt enough varnished motorcycle carburetors caused by the previous owner's improper storage to not want to do that again.

My concern is more along the lines of how should we deploy limited battery resources, and bum-rushing the buyers of recreational equipment into electric vehicles doesn't make much sense.

As far as the potential players and resulting investment opportunities are concerned, I cannot bring myself to say anything positive about Harley-Davidson. Ducati's president just caught shit for again saying that the tech isn't ready. The Japanese "big 4" haven't innovated or invested much into the motorcycle market over the past 15 years, but maybe Honda's ready and capable of making a move (the company just announced that it's exiting the IC engine lawnmower market). Does that leave room for an outsider? Does an electric motorcycle even look like what we've come to expect from an ICE motorcycle in the American market?

Here's GM's official "Ultra Cruise" announcement:

It's believed that the lidar sensor design is licensed from Cepton and manufactured by Koito:

The stock prices of these companies have not performed well in the past 52 weeks.

I watched intel (INTC) do this. Actually read the memo's of close friends working there. The "offer" is made and those who did not take it were downsized / fired/ laid off a month after the offer expired. History repeating with GM.
Handwriting on the wall of recession.
will offer voluntary buyouts to a “majority” of its U.S. white-collar employees, as it aims to cut $2 billion in structural costs over the next two years, according to a letter sent to workers Thursday from CEO Mary Barra.
The “Voluntary Separation Program,” or VSP, will be offered to all U.S. salaried employees who have spent five or more years at the company. Outside of the U.S., the automaker also is offering buyouts to executives with at least two years of time or more.

I watched intel (INTC) do this. Actually read the memo's of close friends working there. The "offer" is made and those who did not take it were downsized / fired/ laid off a month after the offer expired. History repeating with GM.
will offer voluntary buyouts to a “majority” of its U.S. white-collar employees, as it aims to cut $2 billion in structural costs over the next two years, according to a letter sent to workers Thursday from CEO Mary Barra.
The “Voluntary Separation Program,” or VSP, will be offered to all U.S. salaried employees who have spent five or more years at the company. Outside of the U.S., the automaker also is offering buyouts to executives with at least two years of time or more.

Ageism and Racism. Will clean house of older workers and pale complexion workers then boost ESI/ESG by replacing with diversity, AL/ML, and "offshoring". Remember all the "I want to work remotely discussions" - if it can be done from home it can just as easily be done in India. "Skynet" has started.

The Detroit automakers do this all the time. The goal is to clear some dead wood, but unfortunately it often means that too many relatively valuable employees decide to pull the ripcord.

FedEx and many other companies do this as well. Provides great growth potential once things revert and senior management is needed again.

The Detroit automakers do this all the time. The goal is to clear some dead wood, but unfortunately it often means that too many relatively valuable employees decide to pull the ripcord.
Those who get downsized and crawl into a hole to die are in a tough spot. Those who decide to get focused and risk a bit for the future do a lot better.