• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock Market

I bought Tesla at $108 to $128 and it is now at $198. I will not keep long term but take my profits and wait for next "cheap" stock. Any suggestions for target selling price?

This is my speculative account - I have other accounts for long term retirement funds.

I bought Tesla at $108 to $128 and it is now at $198. I will not keep long term but take my profits and wait for next "cheap" stock. Any suggestions for target selling price?

This is my speculative account - I have other accounts for long term retirement funds.
Based on the account’s methodology, now.

Reactions: E. Bryant
3CED9934-BA39-447C-A695-A1E862B45B16.jpeg

I guess I missed something in the video... But the comments after the video validated that other's got the same thing from the video that I got... Not much.

If the Stock Market were a horse race track, the companies were the horses and the CEO's (Owner's) were jockeys........ Elon would be a jockey.
Some of the spectators would be betting on the horses and a few other's would be betting on the jockey, regardless of which horse he was riding.
Henry Ford mass produced cars and a lot of people bet on that jockey and did well.
Here in the U.S., the first successful electric car made its debut around 1890 thanks to William Morrison, a chemist who lived in Des Moines, Iowa. Few bets on that guy.

Some members here have done well betting on Elon's ventures.
A lot of "short interest" on Elon as well.
Now it is being debated if TSLA is simply a meme stock .....

Makes for an interesting circus... Bread and circus keeps American's entertained.

Sold. Looking for next bargain!
Have you considered simply playing "Against the box" with TSLA ? Get tunnel vision and it simplifies trying to watch too many. A savvy trader should be able to make 2% by 10 am and have an 11 am T time and beat the afternoon rush.
A market that runs flat never makes anyone any $$$..... Movement in the market is what generates $$$.

Understanding how a lithium-ion battery and its corresponding charging hardware operates does not require buying into any moments.

There is plenty of necessity driving investment into good rechargable batteries. Ask any contractor or tradesman if he wants to go back to the days of NiCad or NiMH batteries. It's brilliant technology. Whether it should be applied to personal and/or commercial transportation should be a question left to market forces.
I am a retired tradesman.. Visualize a power tool that could either be run on a battery or a 110v power source. That would be versatile.
Visualize a "component car"... When it rolled off the assembly line a battery power source could be the final step before rolling off the line.
Visualize the exact same car rolling off the line and the final step is to drop in a gasoline power source.
An owner could have both sources, depending on the service of the vehicle. The best of both worlds.
Certainly cut down on the number of vehicles America would need.

• Toyota Motor Corp
    reported third-quarter FY23 sales growth of 25% year-on-year to ¥9.8 trillion, versus ¥7.8 trillion last year.
  • Total costs and expenses rose 26% Y/Y to ¥8.8 trillion.
  • The operating margin was 9.8%, and operating income for the quarter increased 22% to ¥956.6 billion.
  • The company held ¥6 trillion in cash and equivalents as of Dec. 31, 2022.
  • Basic EPS for the quarter was ¥53.40 versus ¥57.18 last year.
  • Outlook: Toyota sees FY23 revenue of ¥36 trillion.
  • Toyota expects FY23 consolidated vehicle sales of 8.8 million units. It expects total retail unit sales, which includes Toyota, Daihatsu and Hino, of 10.4 million units.
  • Price Action: TM shares are trading higher by 1.42% at $145.87 on the last check Thursday.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton

You know S3th , funny you should mention this. I have been under my 1997 Ford F-250 this week. Installed a clutch kit and had the ZF 5 transmission rebuilt. Due to my age and physical condition, I spend about 5 - 6 hours under the truck early in the morning. Then I catch up on the rest of the chores around my homestead. This morning it was time to re-install the transfer case. As I was tightening the last bolt and surveying the underside of my truck, it struck me odd that the transfer case had no cross member support under it. I've been on some asphalt roads with a corn field type rows in the road way. The kind where about the third bounce the springs bottom out on the rubber bumpers. Sort of visualized how this transfer case would be flexing in a situation like that... I'll go one better on Ocie's comment. Quality starts with the Automotive engineer. If he is cuttin' corners to save weight or to use smaller and fewer bolts then the guy's putting the vehicle together are simply pissin' up a rope to build a better vehicle. They put together what the engineer designs.
I'm not bashing Ford since I've worked on everything from a Schwin bicycle to a Caterpillar D-10L crawler dozer.... EVERYTHING designed in America, by American's is being built with an "Engineered Lifetime".... Unfortunately they are coming up so short that now an extended warranty on a brand new vehicle is a must have. Aftermarket Chinese parts have 50% of the lifetime that an OEM part has.
On a car 10 years old finding an OEM part is like looking for hen''s teeth.
It's EVERYTHING... Look right here on this site about the discussions by the military guys on the lifetime and maintenance of a tank or APC...
Look over in the sandbox at what the bad guy's are runnin'... A Toyota Hilux pickup that can't be bought here in America... Smells fishy to me.
Me stickin' with Ford is like a guy puttin' up with a complainin' wife. They all complain and I'm so used to this one that it's best to keep because I know what the next complaint is going to be so I can stay ahead of the curve.
Just laugh with me.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

IMG_8356.JPGIMG_8359.JPG

I am a retired tradesman.. Visualize a power tool that could either be run on a battery or a 110v power source. That would be versatile.
Visualize a "component car"... When it rolled off the assembly line a battery power source could be the final step before rolling off the line.
Visualize the exact same car rolling off the line and the final step is to drop in a gasoline power source.
An owner could have both sources, depending on the service of the vehicle. The best of both worlds.
Certainly cut down on the number of vehicles America would need.

Fun fact - many corded power tools will run on DC. The clue is the presence of brushes; if the tool uses them, it indicates the presence of a series-wound AC motor - AKA "universal motor". This isn't particularly useful as sources of 110VDC are not commonly encountered. These motors are also much less efficient than a modern brushless motor. FWIW, DeWalt offers an adapter to run its FlexVolt tools off a 110VAC outlet, but that cord is usually better put to use keeping the batteries charged.

That useless trivia aside, what you propose is generally unworkable for a mass-production automobile because it generates too many compromises. The most complex (and thus expensive) portion of a modern car sits roughly between the front axle centerline and driver controls. This area of the car gets designed much differently depending upon propulsion technology. Add in the structural and packaging challenges of a large battery pack, and the non-trivial fact that this pack typically shifts the weight bias far enough to the rear that FWD is no longer workable (yea!!!), and you're simply not going to cover all the bases with one platform. VW spent about $50 billion to learn this lesson.

Body-on-frame pickup trucks may prove to be an exception to this conclusion. Ford's Lightning doesn't yet appear to be uncompetitive with dedicated EV architectures, but we're still very early in the evolution of this product category.

Fun fact - many corded power tools will run on DC. The clue is the presence of brushes; if the tool uses them, it indicates the presence of a series-wound AC motor - AKA "universal motor". This isn't particularly useful as sources of 110VDC are not commonly encountered. These motors are also much less efficient than a modern brushless motor. FWIW, DeWalt offers an adapter to run its FlexVolt tools off a 110VAC outlet, but that cord is usually better put to use keeping the batteries charged.

That useless trivia aside, what you propose is generally unworkable for a mass-production automobile because it generates too many compromises. The most complex (and thus expensive) portion of a modern car sits roughly between the front axle centerline and driver controls. This area of the car gets designed much differently depending upon propulsion technology. Add in the structural and packaging challenges of a large battery pack, and the non-trivial fact that this pack typically shifts the weight bias far enough to the rear that FWD is no longer workable (yea!!!), and you're simply not going to cover all the bases with one platform. VW spent about $50 billion to learn this lesson.

Body-on-frame pickup trucks may prove to be an exception to this conclusion. Ford's Lightning doesn't yet appear to be uncompetitive with dedicated EV architectures, but we're still very early in the evolution of this product category.
I guess that's the gap the "hybrid's" are supposed to fill..... Not much hybrid info out there.

Redwood Materials has attained a $2 billion loan commitment from the Department of Energy, the agency announced on Thursday via its loan programs office.

Perhaps the "Government" would have been better off to buy $2 billion of batteries and just hand them out. At least they would have had something to show for their money.

Redwood Materials has attained a $2 billion loan commitment from the Department of Energy, the agency announced on Thursday via its loan programs office.

Perhaps the "Government" would have been better off to buy $2 billion of batteries and just hand them out.At least they would have had something to show for their money.

Yeah, investments in American supply chains and/or infrastructure should be denied at every turn.

Yeah, investments in American supply chains and/or infrastructure should be denied at every turn.
The "drug companies" (Pfizer) lead the politician's down that rabbit hole, then the computer chip people (Intel) jumped on the band wagon along with the "Go green Movement". The oil companies are making out like bandit's with all the confusion...
Deciding if it's best to buy a donkey cart or just build my own.
https://acmecn.en.made-in-china.com...hina-Animal-Donkey-Cart-Trailer-for-Sale.html

Last edited:
The Hilux: We can't get them in the US because of two things: The "Chicken Tax" placing a 25% tariff on any imported light truck making it noncompetitive price wise, and the OCONUS version of the Toyota diesel doesn't come anywhere close to meeting the strict US emissions standards, instead it's designed to actually work instead of work against itself at all possible points like our diesels are. I've got a fair bit of time behind the wheel of them, and my opinion of them is anemic overall, not worth putting on our rapid moving US highways, but a champ of off road trudging.

On US "investments"... If an industry is worth its salt, it will be invested into privately instead of being propped up by US taxpayer funds with no specific public vote. If it's a public investment, what's our ROI? Where's our dividend distributions? Of course, there are none because it's not an investment, it's a K Street scam.

It's a politically biased taxpayer funded industry false prop-up, and has nothing to do with the country's need of the industry itself. Not a cent of public funds should go into anything EV; not charging stations falsely defined as infrastructure, not battery production or reproduction, none of it. Instead, the industry and users should be paying the state for mining lease access and support of the highway system with the reduction in fuel taxes which are used to maintain them.

Public investments I support are not industry specific, like the interstate highway system that benefit all citizens and industries enabling transportation of persons and goods, and are (kind of, I know there's dubiousness involved) funded by those who use them. Industry or business specific taxpayer funded carve outs are pure bullshit and a massive reason we are approaching $32T debt with another $1.2T in state debt.

I guess that's the gap the "hybrid's" are supposed to fill..... Not much hybrid info out there.

There's no government money in selling hybrids nowadays. Too bad, as I believe they are potentially a good fit for the driving habits of many Americans.

Also, the new Corvette E-Ray makes me kinda horny.

There is a different in debt funding and equity funding. It shouldn't need to be explained.
True, this specific case is a loan, not a grant or subsidy. So if they pull a Solyndra, does the DoE get their billions in funding back? Does Redwood have $2B assets in collateral to secure the loan? No? That's one hell of a signature loan they got there...

Let's not pretend billions upon billions in funding isn't given out a year to for-profit companies out of the public treasury. The current $7500/vehicle tax credit for an EV purchase is a glaring example of public treasury funds being pieced out to one specific industry. Having someone being a pass through vehicle for the transfer of those funds, just like "free" clot shots specifically benefiting Moderna and Pfizer, doesn't mean this isn't nothing more than a direct payout from the US public to automakers to falsely prop up a specific industry.

Passing public funds to private companies outside of that company being reimbursed for a direct service/good being provided on contract award, is wrong and against all true conservative ideals, through and through.

Online travel booking company Expedia Group Inc missed Wall Street estimates for fourth-quarter profit on Thursday, hit by a spike in cancellations and bad weather near the end of the quarter.

Travel demand has generally been strong throughout last year despite recession and inflation fears. However, harsh December winter snarled airport operations around the United States, hurting travel booking companies.

The company posted revenue of $2.62 billion, missing Wall Street estimates of $2.7 billion. Shares fell as much as 8% after the closing bell, but pared those losses to trade 1.5% lower.

As of July 2021, Redwood Materials was valued at $3.7 billion.

But, not being "Public" that could be a misleading number.

The window to go public while still loading money with the hope that the market will attach a recklessly large "forward PE" based upon some ridiculous forecast has probably closed.

I do agree there's some actual value for such a company in the marketplace. These minerals are far too valuable and scarce to simply discard. But the gross revenue is probably some sort of modest 1.x multiplier of those minerals' value, so projecting it into the future requires the knowledge of several big variables that'd haven't yet revealed themselves.

"Insurance" is just one component of of maintaining a vehicle. The next time you walk through a Walmart parking lot, pay attention to the tires on the vehicles. Look at the wear from misalignment of the front end, the tread depth and how much of the cord is showing through the tread. Take note of the vehicles age and overall condition. Auto repair shops here will allow a customer to make an appointment but not just drop off the vehicle since the storage area around the shop is full of vehicles waiting on parts or a mechanic.
But again, now owners are buying "uninsured motorist" insurance so when one of the "Poors" can't stop due to worn out brakes and crashes into their new Tesla.... At least they can get it repaired. Just one more component of a developing recession. History is repeating itself.

ARK Invest CEO Cathie Wood
"Of course, now we're seeing the opportunity with A.I. for productivity gains. That's one of the primary opportunities associated with A.I. for traditional companies. And so we think companies need to increase their productivity,
1676038817446.png

"Of course, now we're seeing the opportunity with A.I. for productivity gains. That's one of the primary opportunities associated with A.I. for traditional companies. And so we think companies need to increase their productivity,
View attachment 8071791

"...and maybe they went a little bit too far hiring as they were trying to address all the needs that COVID presented."

She's right.

"...and maybe they went a little bit too far hiring as they were trying to address all the needs that COVID presented."

She's right.

She certainly is correct. Everyone said "things have permanently changed" with regards to consumer trends, work habits, etc., but they haven't. A lot of that behavior is pretty durable.

The other problem is that so many of these tech companies are bloated because they've never been held accountable for the money they spend.

Had a market touch base today with one of the top investment banks.
- Federal Funds rate forecast 5.25-5.50 with two more hikes; March & May. No decreases until H1 2024. Current forward SOFR curve reflects this; a week ago, curve was much lower. Prior to the jobs report, market priced in 3% rates by June 2024; now September 2024.
- No recession in 2023; implied none expected in 2024.
- CPI to remain choppy and are expecting a hotter print Tuesday but YoY moderation. CPI comes in hot, expect to see market shift rate expectations/hold longer terminal rate. If CPI comes in better than expected, no market change.
- Reopening China will continue to help dollar sell off. (hot CPI rallies the dollar)

Reactions: Earnhardt
View attachment 8071791

I told y'all that it is white collar jobs taken out by AI/ML

The "unibody" reinvented. What's next a fiberglass body or a plastic body from a 3D printer ?
Seems the Matchbox cars were die cast as well.
1676088417818.png

View attachment 8074405

Will hopefully have details to share. May make a YouTube channel around these and doing a deep dive.
I'm sure you will receive a "chat bot" reply with a long explanation giving you just the positive information you are looking for.

I'm sure you will receive a "chat bot" reply with a long explanation giving you just the positive information you are looking for.
No, should be the indenture, espcially since this person most likely works for the admin agent (JPMC)

Depending on the model, it costs between $9.62 to $18.30 to fully charge a Tesla.

Reactions: S3th
The purchase price of 41.4% stake could be revealed in Berkshire’s 2022 10-K—in a section on corporate events after year end—or in Buffett’s annual shareholder letter. Both are due for release on Saturday, Feb. 25. The second installment could come at a price that is more than double the original one based on Pilot’s growth since 2017.
Pilot Flying J, now known as Pilot Co., runs more than 750 of what it calls travel centers around the country as well as a growing energy business. Pilot owns a fleet of tanker trucks, a natural-gas liquids business and it has a partnership with General Motors GM +0.88% (GM) to install 2,000 charging stations for electric vehicles at its truck stops. Pilot also is investing $1 billion to upgrade its truck stops.
Berkshire releases little financial information about Pilot. The company had sales of $45 billion in 2021, up from about $20 billion in 2017. Pilot is the country’s fifth largest private company ranked by revenue in 2022, Forbes has estimated.
Buffett wrote enthusiastically in his 2017 annual letter about the company and followed that up with a comment in the 2020 letter that Pilot’s pretax earnings topped $1 billion.
“‘Big Jim’ Haslam started what became Pilot Travel Centers in 1958 by purchasing a service station for $6,000,” Buffett wrote. Haslam then “brought into the business a son with the same passion, values and brains as his father. Sometimes there is a magic to genes.” Both the elder Haslam and Buffett are 92.The son, Jimmy Haslam, has since ceded the CEO role to Shameek Konar, an energy expert who came on as chief strategy officer in 2017 and led Pilot’s expansion in the energy area. Haslam remains chairman. Konar had been co-head of Goldman Sachs GS –0.67% ‘ principal investments in commodities from 2009 to 2012.
Berkshire has offered some clues to what it may pay for the 41.4% stake. In its 2021 10-K, it said: “If we had acquired the additional interest in Pilot and all outstanding noncontrolling interests as of Dec. 31, 2021, we estimate the aggregate cost of these acquisitions would approximate $11 billion.” This refers to Pilot and to such other Berkshire businesses like Electric Transmission of Texas.