• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock Market

View attachment 8387903

The "market" establishes value. Regardless if it is a bushel of corn, an ounce of gold or a gallon of water.
The market looks at an item from many different perspectives. Yes, the numbers are viewed but also the sentiments that can not be put to paper.
The market has spoken.

Explain what has happened between these two days.
IMG_0504.png

Explain what’s happened in the last 6 months.
Tesla's stock valuation is heavily dependent on its compound annual growth rate (CAGR) and its ability to scale up production. Any deviations from the anticipated growth trajectory can lead to significant fluctuations in the stock price. Given Tesla's inherent volatility, short-term gains can be realized by capitalizing on these fluctuations in the market. It's clear that EVs are here to stay and Tesla is the clear global winner of this transition.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Tesla's stock valuation is heavily dependent on its compound annual growth rate (CAGR) and its ability to scale up production. Any deviations from the anticipated growth trajectory can lead to significant fluctuations in the stock price. Given Tesla's inherent volatility, short-term gains can be realized by capitalizing on these fluctuations in the market. It's clear that EVs are here to stay and Tesla is the clear global winner of this transition.
This transition is in mile three of a marathon. We are far from knowing the “clear winner”. It’s like saying Nokia was the clear mobile phone winner in 2005, as they were certainly the market share global leader, when less than half of the globe owned a mobile phone at that point and the technology was still in adolescence.

Reactions: Lightning8
This transition is in mile three of a marathon. We are far from knowing the “clear winner”. It’s like saying Nokia was the clear mobile phone winner in 2005, as they were certainly the market share global leader, when less than half of the globe owned a mobile phone at that point and the technology was still in adolescence.

Those that own the manufacturing and supply chain are the leaders. That won't change… and is vastly different than “cell phones”.

I didn’t say Tesla was not large or leading the market. I was pointing out that a 1 day chart shows nothing. TSLA has not bottomed out. Now, we might see something happen after they report on the 23rd, but you might also see it go to $100 if they miss big. Being the largest producer of electric vehicles is about like being the largest producer of ugly women when the majority of people don’t want them.

Those that own the manufacturing and supply chain are the leaders. That won't change… and is vastly different than “cell phones”.
Yet, there’s still no winner because the race isn’t over. It has barely begun.

Keep buying Tesla, I don’t care, but parroting the other Tesla bulls proclaiming them the winner and “Tesla is the Stock Market” is just being another shill like the rest of them.

How’s those YoY numbers looking? Nowhere but up, right up until you go down.

Tesla is a "political" stock now. Before Elon went "right" or at least "moderate", it was the cool car for all the celebrities, wannabes. Now 50% of the country (more if you believe in the 2020 election results) are against Elon and therefore Tesla. Mainstream media, etc. now posting bad news about Tesla versus the glowing articles.

I didn’t say Tesla was not large or leading the market. I was pointing out that a 1 day chart shows nothing. TSLA has not bottomed out. Now, we might see something happen after they report on the 23rd, but you might also see it go to $100 if they miss big. Being the largest producer of electric vehicles is about like being the largest producer of ugly women when the majority of people don’t want them.

You missed the point of the one day chart…

Yet, there’s still no winner because the race isn’t over. It has barely begun.

Keep buying Tesla, I don’t care, but parroting the other Tesla bulls proclaiming them the winner and “Tesla is the Stock Market” is just being another shill like the rest of them.

How’s those YoY numbers looking? Nowhere but up, right up until you go down.

The struggles this day is more tesla stock or a tesla vehicle. That model S was 😍.

Tesla is a "political" stock now. Before Elon went "right" or at least "moderate", it was the cool car for all the celebrities, wannabes. Now 50% of the country (more if you believe in the 2020 election results) are against Elon and therefore Tesla. Mainstream media, etc. now posting bad news about Tesla versus the glowing articles.

Bro… your favorite celebrity is posting photos of their Cybertruck.

• Haha
Bro… your favorite celebrity is posting photos of their Cybertruck.
My favorite celebrities are PRS competitors and I dare them to show up a match with a Cyber truck (California, Oregon, and Washington do not count).

• Haha
Reactions: S3th
My favorite celebrities are PRS competitors and I dare them to show up a match with a Cyber truck (California, Oregon, and Washington do not count).
Many of the PRS Jersey Boys love attention whoring, it would not surprise me one bit if one or more got a Tesla Cybertruck.

The struggles this day is more tesla stock or a tesla vehicle. That model S was 😍.
Then get one, have fun. Or buy more $TSLA, because "it is the stock market" after all, only fools are putting money in indexes or mutuals. Tesla has spanked the fuck out of S&P 500 YoY and even more YTD.

Oh, wait...

tenor.gif

The way the markets fell off a cliff at 1pm it appears the insiders got the Friday Jobs Report a day early.
We will see how the traders react when the report is released on Friday.

Apparently one of the Fed Commissioners said something to the effect of not lowering rates if they keep getting signs of inflation. He knocked the whole market in the dirt. I cant see them not doing something to help the potato get some help by saying things are easing.

Apparently one of the Fed Commissioners said something to the effect of not lowering rates if they keep getting signs of inflation. He knocked the whole market in the dirt. I cant see them not doing something to help the potato get some help by saying things are easing.
The FED Reserve has "painted themselves in a corner". The traders in the market (worldwide) have seen this coming for two years. Basically either direction the FED moves the traders will crush them. They should bite the bullet and raise interest rates to 15% over night. Kill inflation and help the working poor. But the politician's are not concerned with the working poor. They are in the back pocket of the Investment Bankers.

The airplane will continue to circle while hoping for a soft landing.... 😞

Many of the PRS Jersey Boys love attention whoring, it would not surprise me one bit if one or more got a Tesla Cybertruck.

Then get one, have fun. Or buy more $TSLA, because "it is the stock market" after all, only fools are putting money in indexes or mutuals. Tesla has spanked the fuck out of S&P 500 YoY and even more YTD.

Oh, wait...

tenor.gif

I prefer delayed gratification. Tesla fits this for me. :)

I think the June cut is out for the sake of timing and length to the election, but July and especially September are on the books for 25-50 basis point drops to best time with early voting. They didn't give a fuck about printing trillions and wrecking the economy for potato's brownie points three years ago, they really won't care about doing it for four more years of control.

When things don't go their way in the fall, they can explain it for a few months as "sticky" the same way they explained inflation early on as "transitory". Come November 6, curious how the Fed meeting begins the day after election day, they can do the dance and backtrack.

Also, be aware that the Fed follows PCE inflation numbers, which are different from what most of us discuss (and different from the measure used in the monthly 12 month inflation graph I posted above, which are what most of us discuss).

The PCE number is much closer to the Fed's target rate of 2%, and it is the PCE number that they are trying to bring down to 2%, not the numbers we watch and that the news media reports.

E.g., inflation was only 7% on the PCE back in 2022, while we were watching a number that reported almost 10% in 2022.

PCE hit 2.5% in the most recent numbers, an increase from 2.4% the month before, but you can see how much closer that is to 2% when the rest of us are discussing a number that is in the 3% range . . . The Fed and the American people are discussing two different things. This is why the Fed is talking about rate cuts later in the year. It is only one half of a percent off of its target.

Reactions: Redmanss
In one of the most chaotic market sessions of the year, the S&P500 went from a 52-week high to a 10-day low in a few hours. Here's why.

Thursday was supposed to be a quiet session as market participants awaited the very important March jobs report, which will be released Friday morning. Instead, it turned into one of the most chaotic market sessions of the year.

The day started with a gap-up open mainly due to chatter that there is weakness in the job market and that there is a good likelihood that the March jobs news may be softer than expected and trigger a Fed rate cut in June. It was a questionable premise, but it created a little squeeze action and some underlying support.

Later in the day, headlines hit that Fed member Kashkari commented that “if inflation continues to move sideways, it makes me wonder if we should cut rates at all this year.” This isn’t the first hawkish comment from a Fed member, and it probably wouldn’t have had too much of an impact, but then some other more dramatic news hit.

In Tel Aviv, Israel, residents were confused when their GPS applications showed that they were located in Lebanon. The reason was that the Israeli military was scrambling GPS signals in preparation for a possible drone attack by Iran. Reports circulated that Israel sees indications that Iran may launch missile/drone attacks from Iranian territory, possibly on Friday. Israeli officials informed the U.S. that an Iranian attack would trigger a response.

This news caused oil to spike higher, defense contractors to rally, and the market to sell steadily into the close.

The S&P 500 went from a 52-week high to a 10-day low in a matter of a few hours. This has only happened four other times before, according to Jason Goepfert.

It was a dramatic shift and caught almost everyone by surprise. Sharp intraday reversals are often major turning points.

We still have the jobs news to deal with Friday morning, and we will see if there actually is an attack on Israel, but the market is now very unsettled. Volatility has spiked, and there should be a major shift in sentiment as a result of this action.

I’ll have more in the morning prior to the jobs news, but that report now has the capacity to accelerate a correction that has been anticipated for several months.

Have a good evening. I’ll see you Friday.

Kashkari started speaking at 2pm, when the markets were already crashing. Also, the US10Y did not shoot up but dropped instead.

Copypasta

In one of the most chaotic market sessions of the year, the S&P500 went from a 52-week high to a 10-day low in a few hours. Here's why.

Thursday was supposed to be a quiet session as market participants awaited the very important March jobs report, which will be released Friday morning. Instead, it turned into one of the most chaotic market sessions of the year.

The day started with a gap-up open mainly due to chatter that there is weakness in the job market and that there is a good likelihood that the March jobs news may be softer than expected and trigger a Fed rate cut in June. It was a questionable premise, but it created a little squeeze action and some underlying support.

Later in the day, headlines hit that Fed member Kashkari commented that “if inflation continues to move sideways, it makes me wonder if we should cut rates at all this year.” This isn’t the first hawkish comment from a Fed member, and it probably wouldn’t have had too much of an impact, but then some other more dramatic news hit.

In Tel Aviv, Israel, residents were confused when their GPS applications showed that they were located in Lebanon. The reason was that the Israeli military was scrambling GPS signals in preparation for a possible drone attack by Iran. Reports circulated that Israel sees indications that Iran may launch missile/drone attacks from Iranian territory, possibly on Friday. Israeli officials informed the U.S. that an Iranian attack would trigger a response.

This news caused oil to spike higher, defense contractors to rally, and the market to sell steadily into the close.

The S&P 500 went from a 52-week high to a 10-day low in a matter of a few hours. This has only happened four other times before, according to Jason Goepfert.

It was a dramatic shift and caught almost everyone by surprise. Sharp intraday reversals are often major turning points.

We still have the jobs news to deal with Friday morning, and we will see if there actually is an attack on Israel, but the market is now very unsettled. Volatility has spiked, and there should be a major shift in sentiment as a result of this action.

I’ll have more in the morning prior to the jobs news, but that report now has the capacity to accelerate a correction that has been anticipated for several months.

Have a good evening. I’ll see you Friday.

Kashkari started speaking at 2pm, when the markets were already crashing. Also, the US10Y did not shoot up but dropped instead.

Copypasta
You have given an example of "The New Norm". It's being said that the FED Reserve is now the "Play By Play Announcer".... Always after the fact.

Another day in 2030. Life is great, Elon is President, American is booming with Tesla at a 4T market cap, and we just took control of Canada. Cathy Woods new forecast for Tesla is 25T by 2045.

IMG_0510.jpeg

The world’s largest battery maker CATL has announced a new electric vehicle battery pack with a 1.5 million kilometre, 15 year warranty.

Haters gonna say they keep their Toyotas for over 15 years.

Would you like a picture of my 2005 Toyota Camry (bought in 2004 so is 20 years old) still running strong and looks like new?

Its not hate, its just a fact.

It still gets over 32mpg highway...

I would never buy an electric car for a dozen reasons, battery life is just one of many.

Most people just talk shit about keeping cars a long time as a fake reason, I really do keep cars a long time.

Last edited:
Wall Street Breakfast: Credit card delinquency rates reached their highest level on record in Q4 2023, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia. "Firms recording the worst 30+, 60+, and 90+ account-based days past due levels," the report said, warning that stress among cardholders was underscored in payment behavior and further performance deterioration could be on the horizon. Meanwhile, mortgage originations declined to a series low as market headwinds continued to stifle demand, including housing affordability. (

Reactions: S3th
Wall Street Breakfast: Credit card delinquency rates reached their highest level on record in Q4 2023, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia. "Firms recording the worst 30+, 60+, and 90+ account-based days past due levels," the report said, warning that stress among cardholders was underscored in payment behavior and further performance deterioration could be on the horizon. Meanwhile, mortgage originations declined to a series low as market headwinds continued to stifle demand, including housing affordability. (
The US Government can not run the risk of telling the truth. Be it financial, health, energy, security or foreign relations.

1712841817339.png

Reactions: Emerson0311
Wallstreet Breakfast: Nvidia (NVDA) shares entered correction territory, with companies battling to challenge the semiconductor giant's dominance. Another leg down for the stock on Tuesday meant NVDA was off 12% from its record high seen in March. Turning up the heat in the chip race, Google (GOOG, GOOGL) unveiled its in-house processors and Intel (INTC) introduced its latest AI chip to rival Nvidia's H100. As for the other Magnificent 7 stocks, Apple (AAPL) entered correction territory last month and Tesla (TSLA) is in a bear market, compared to the rest of the group which was trading near their 52-week highs.

Wallstreet Breakfast: Nvidia (NVDA) shares entered correction territory, with companies battling to challenge the semiconductor giant's dominance. Another leg down for the stock on Tuesday meant NVDA was off 12% from its record high seen in March. Turning up the heat in the chip race, Google (GOOG, GOOGL) unveiled its in-house processors and Intel (INTC) introduced its latest AI chip to rival Nvidia's H100. As for the other Magnificent 7 stocks, Apple (AAPL) entered correction territory last month and Tesla (TSLA) is in a bear market, compared to the rest of the group which was trading near their 52-week highs.
I often wonder how well this group would be doing if there was no Government funding for them.
No mention of the National Debt, the devaluing of the USD, delinquent loans or balance the consumer has on their credit card.

1713014060734.jpeg

The US Government can not run the risk of telling the truth. Be it financial, health, energy, security or foreign relations.

View attachment 8394080
tx for that. i always wondered if there was a recognized syndrome label for that. i know all politicians lie chronically and higher level "managers" the same. the clintons were the first that i really noticed that would lie even when the truth was to their advantage. they were just incapable of telling the truth. it was really obvious with hospital administration at my last ever job. they were just completely unable to say anything that was true about anything they were involved with. have noticed this is almost common now. or,it always was common and i just noticed 20 years ago. it is looking now like that is a requirement for advancement in any field of endeavor.

Reactions: Emerson0311
Wallstreet Breakfast: Tesla (TSLA) is slashing the monthly subscription price of its Full Self-Driving package to $99 per month from the prior monthly rate of $199 in what appears to be a shift in strategy from the EV giant. The automaker recently required that all customers take an FSD demo drive and offered existing Tesla owners one free month of the driver assistance system. Tesla deployed the AI-powered FSD v12, but the upgrade is still far from full autonomy, with the package now being called "FSD (Supervised)." The company has been under pressure recently and just confirmed it would lay off 10% of its global workforce.

Tesla shares dip in premarket trade after reports the firm will lay off more than 10% of global workforce​

“As we prepare the company for our next phase of growth, it is extremely important to look at every aspect of the company for cost reductions and increasing productivity,” Tesla CEO Elon Musk said in an internal memo cited by Reuters, which tech publication Electrek referenced in the first report of the layoffs.

“As part of this effort, we have done a thorough review of the organization and made the difficult decision to reduce our headcount by more than 10% globally,” the memo said.