• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock Market

Wait until March 11th. I full expect the FED to kick the can down the road but it could be interesting for some banks.
JMHO...... The FED's plan appears to be "In order to lick inflation, we need more inflation".... The inflation numbers being reported by the Government are suspicious. My personal finances are seeing at least 20% inflation, depending on the category. I can't cherry pick numbers or leave out food and fuel like they do.

Big Banks have Jerome and the politician's in their back pocket.

Watch how this (below) plays out.

(Kitco News) – While the weaponization of the dollar is a major issue, U.S. fiscal deficits and the greenback’s weakness down the road are also driving the world’s central banks to accumulate gold, according to Bloomberg macro strategist Simon White.
“Powell might not be overly worried about inflation - with his recent comments reiterating the Federal Reserve is on track to cut rates this year - but other central banks are not so relaxed,” White wrote. “Gold’s new high signals global central banks are likely accumulating the precious metal in an effort to diversify away from the dollar, as persistently large fiscal deficits threaten to further erode its real value and lead to more inflation.”

Tesla

March 11 (Reuters) - Six weeks before the first fatal U.S. accident involving Tesla's Autopilot in 2016, the automaker's president Jon McNeill tried it out in a Model X and emailed feedback to automated-driving chief Sterling Anderson, cc’ing Elon Musk.
The system performed perfectly, McNeill wrote, with the smoothness of a human driver.
"I got so comfortable under Autopilot, that I ended up blowing by exits because I was immersed in emails or calls (I know, I know, not a recommended use)," he wrote in the email dated March 25 that year.

Does it have a reverse lock out ?... Self drive in reverse ?

Wait until March 11th. I fully expect the FED to kick the can down the road but it could be interesting for some banks.
Jerome and the FED Reserve are quiet.
They are letting "inflation" do what they should have done 3 years ago. Raise interest rate above inflation rate.
Slow and painful on the American people.
Circling the airport.
Jerome says the FED will never announce a soft landing........ There will never be one.
The Government figures are just numbers pulled out of thin air.
2% inflation has no logic.... Zero inflation is manageable.

Reactions: nikonNUT
They are letting "inflation" do what they should have done 3 years ago. Raise interest rate above inflation rate.
Circling the airport.
Jerome says the FED will never announce a soft landing........ There will never be one.
Inflation will not decrease until Federal government spending is significantly reduced and neither D or R will reduce spending.

Reactions: Bradu
Circling the airport.
2% has logic..
If the Gov admitted the true inflation; those on SSI would get an increase in benefits. Gov doesn't want to pay out cost of living increases...
NOPE, NO WAY

Wallstreet Breakfast: It looks like the electric vehicle euphoria is losing steam, as automakers scale back EV plans and slash prices to compete in the saturated market. Sparked by a Wells Fargo call that turned bearish, Tesla (TSLA) slid 4.5% on Wednesday, making it the S&P 500's (SP500) worst performing stock in 2024. "After years of peak spending on EVs and autonomous vehicles, auto manufacturers are pivoting to capital efficiency and return," Morgan Stanley added, noting that makers of gas-powered cars are poised to deliver shareholder gains. Elsewhere, troubled EV maker Fisker (FSR) is planning to file for bankruptcy, just weeks after issuing a "going concern" warning. (

Surprise........... One more EV fail.

Hertz Global HTZ 1.20%increase; green up pointing triangle
Chief Executive Stephen Scherr will step down as the company looks to move forward from a major reversal of its investment in electric vehicles.

1710610678852.png

I guess you didn’t watch the video.
About the first 2 minutes...... Boring
It would be better on Youtube so we could read the comments.

It is holding up traffic. Watch all of the vehicles maneuver around it.
Mostly traveling on one way streets.
One more complicated, expensive device that waste a person's time.
Looks like it was set in "Granny Mode".

Last edited:

Fisker warns of possible ‘event of default’ following NYSE move to delist stock​

Exchange cites ‘abnormally low’ price levels, says trading in EV-maker’s stock will be suspended immediately​

The New York Stock Exchange on Monday said it would begin the delisting process for Fisker Inc. stock — a move the struggling electric-vehicle maker said would trigger an “event of default” on some of its convertible debt.

Fisker FSR, -28.17% said it expected its stock to be quoted over the counter, on the OTC Pink platform or another market operated by OTC Markets Group.
The announcements were the latest bad news for Fisker, which has been searching for a way to stay afloat following an array of issues — including competition, product quality and a drop-off in demand for electric vehicles — as its finances grow thinner. The Wall Street Journal this month reported that Fisker had been preparing for a potential bankruptcy filing.

Reactions: NoDopes
Interesting endeavor.

The Argentine province of Mendoza is famous for its vineyards and full-bodied Malbecs. But the popular wine region in the foothills of the Andes mountains is also home to the world’s second-largest shale gas reserve called Vaca Muerta, which translates to “dead cow.”
For two Texas-based bitcoin miners, the oil deposit offers a dream resource: wasted energy.

BYD for the win......... Until the government money runs out.

In the U.S., Tesla may be at the forefront of the electric vehicle revolution, but abroad, the carmaker has some serious competition. In China, the world’s largest EV market, Tesla has been losing ground to domestic automakers who are increasingly building better cars at unbeatable prices, and chief among them is Warren Buffet-backed BYD
.In the fourth quarter of 2023, BYD dethroned Tesla as the world’s top EV maker, selling more battery-powered vehicles than its U.S. rival.
“BYD has grown into this powerhouse in the new energy vehicle industry,” CNBC’s Beijing correspondent Evelyn Cheng said. “When you look at the monthly rankings, they’re always at the top.”

BYD for the win......... Until the government money runs out.

In the U.S., Tesla may be at the forefront of the electric vehicle revolution, but abroad, the carmaker has some serious competition. In China, the world’s largest EV market, Tesla has been losing ground to domestic automakers who are increasingly building better cars at unbeatable prices, and chief among them is Warren Buffet-backed BYD
.In the fourth quarter of 2023, BYD dethroned Tesla as the world’s top EV maker, selling more battery-powered vehicles than its U.S. rival.
“BYD has grown into this powerhouse in the new energy vehicle industry,” CNBC’s Beijing correspondent Evelyn Cheng said. “When you look at the monthly rankings, they’re always at the top.”

“ While total production surpassed Tesla, BYD manufactured 1.6 million battery-only passenger cars and 1.4 million hybrids, putting Tesla on top for battery-only production.

Elon Musk’s automaker only sells purely battery-powered cars. China accounted for about one-fifth of Tesla’s sales in the quarter ended Sept. 30.”

yawn

Didn't somebody post a video on this thread where EV manufacturers were just storing all these in massive fields of decaying new cars?
It's like the ghost cities built around China. GDP and manufacturing numbers look great, but it's all a con job.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Evergrande massive fraud uncovered after forced liquidation...
The nation’s top securities regulator said the developer’s onshore unit inflated revenue by recognizing sales in advance in the two years through 2020 that led up to its default. It imposed a 4.18 billion yuan ($581 million) fine against the unit.
Regulators allege Hui instructed other personnel to “falsely inflate” annual results. The onshore unit Hengda Real Estate Group boosted its 2019 revenue by about 214 billion yuan, and another 350 billion yuan in 2020, the regulator said. The inflated figures accounted for half of Hengda’s total revenue in 2019, and 79% in 2020.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
They are coming for Elon. And they are doing it without Government money.

NEW YORK/SEOUL, March 27 (Reuters) - Hyundai Motor Group said on Wednesday it will invest 68 trillion won ($51 billion) over three years in South Korea to ramp up electric vehicle production and new mobility business and separately hire 80,000 new employees, doubling down at a time when other established automakers are slowing efforts.
More than half of the investment, or 35.5 trillion won, will be allocated for new research and development infrastructure and assembly lines for EVs, the automaker said in a statement.

"We are doubling down on electrification," Hyundai global Chief Operating Officer Jose Munoz said in an interview at the New York auto show. "We're very committed to the United States market."
In the U.S., Hyundai said in November it was investing $12.6 billion for new dedicated EV and battery manufacturing facilities in Georgia - the largest investment outside South Korea.

• Haha
Reactions: S3th
Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi is set to launch its first electric vehicle (EV) and begin taking orders on Thursday.

Its chief executive Lei Jun said this week that the Speed Ultra 7 (SU7) would be priced below 500,000 yuan ($69,186; £54,836).

The move will see the technology giant taking on rivals like Tesla and BYD.

Xiaomi's entry into the electric car market comes as sales growth has slowed globally, triggering a price war.

The firm is hoping that the SU7's shared operating system with its phones, laptops and other devices will appeal to existing customers.

Didn't somebody post a video on this thread where EV manufacturers were just storing all these in massive fields of decaying new cars?
It's like the ghost cities built around China. GDP and manufacturing numbers look great, but it's all a con job.

Abandoned ...

But it's contested by "facts"

But Hertz also ditched a bunch of them and they fired the CEO who built the EV fleet

There is no question the EV propaganda and more is .gov funded. Musk didn't start Tesla to save the planet, he started Tesla to fleece the save the planet morons and .gov at the same time.

Last edited:
Brought another friend to test drive Tesla. They picked the Model S. What a sick car. They are a believer.

1712154178123.png

The "market" establishes value. Regardless if it is a bushel of corn, an ounce of gold or a gallon of water.
The market looks at an item from many different perspectives. Yes, the numbers are viewed but also the sentiments that can not be put to paper.
The market has spoken.

BYD plans to launch its first electric pickup truck this year, as the Chinese giant steps up competition with global auto firms, from Ford to Tesla.
The midsize-to-large pickup truck has been developed for the global market, BYD said in a press release.
BYD showed off pictures of the truck draped in orange and blue camouflage, with very little detail visible on the interior or exterior of the vehicle. The sale price of the vehicle was not disclosed.
The pickup will look to compete with the likes of the Ford Ranger and F-150 Lightning, the Toyota Hilux and the Tesla Cybertruck.

Wallstreet Breakfast: Amazon confirmed yesterday it was laying off hundreds of employees from its cloud computing division, Amazon Web Services. The layoffs—impacting sales and marketing roles as well as employees focused on technology at its physical stores—come amid a broader company pivot on grocery store strategy.

Earlier this week, Amazon announced it was ending its “Just Walk Out” program, which is used in over half of its more than 40 Amazon Fresh stores nationwide. The program allowed customers to skip checkout lines by relying on automated cameras and sensors, and was reportedly supplemented by more than 1,000 Indian workers reviewing and labeling transactions. This week, Amazon said it will pivot to Dash Carts, whereby a screen and scanner in grocery carts will allow shoppers to manually scan their items as they shop.

Yesterday’s announcement marks the latest in layoffs for Amazon, following 27,000 job cuts since late 2022. The news comes as sales for Amazon’s $90B cloud business have slowed in recent quarters.

(highlighted the "remote workers" in India for all you US remote workers).

Reactions: NoDopes
Wallstreet Breakfast: Amazon confirmed yesterday it was laying off hundreds of employees from its cloud computing division, Amazon Web Services. The layoffs—impacting sales and marketing roles as well as employees focused on technology at its physical stores—come amid a broader company pivot on grocery store strategy.

Earlier this week, Amazon announced it was ending its “Just Walk Out” program, which is used in over half of its more than 40 Amazon Fresh stores nationwide. The program allowed customers to skip checkout lines by relying on automated cameras and sensors, and was reportedly supplemented by more than 1,000 Indian workers reviewing and labeling transactions. This week, Amazon said it will pivot to Dash Carts, whereby a screen and scanner in grocery carts will allow shoppers to manually scan their items as they shop.

Yesterday’s announcement marks the latest in layoffs for Amazon, following 27,000 job cuts since late 2022. The news comes as sales for Amazon’s $90B cloud business have slowed in recent quarters.

(highlighted the "remote workers" in India for all you US remote workers).
You can label me 'Old School", Boomer, Old Dog... I really don't care. Been called worse... LOL
One of the biggest grocery store scams is not labeling each item with a price tag or price sticker. Makes it really easy to raise prices while you are still in the store. Every one of my jackets and my grocery list has one of these Retractable Sharpies in the pocket or attached to the list. I write the price on every item as it goes in my basket. When I get home and start to put items away next to an item previously purchased... The inflation rate is right there in front of my eyes. My memory is fading and when I walk in my pantry and here is a box of cereal labeled $4 and next to it is a twin pack from Costco or Walmart and it's also labeled at $4.... The light bulb comes on as a reminder of where to shop next time.

How many of you can go through your pantry and tell me how much you paid for an item 2 weeks ago ?
;)

1712238861674.jpeg

Reactions: someguy12341