• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Stock Packs w/Cheek Riser for Rem 700 in H-S stock

drum13

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2012
Got a new Remmy 700 in a factory H-S Precision stock. Not a fan of the HS non-adjustable comb height but need to live with it for a while until a stock with DBM is affordable.

Please reccomend some stock packs that add a decent amout of comb height.... if they exist. Don't need the cowboy-holster-esq bullet holders and such, just something to raise the cheek weld without permanant modification.

Saw a Ryan Cleckner video and he had some kind of removable cheek riser under his velcro attatched stock pack. Don't know what it was but looked similar to a piece of foam hot water pipe insulation cut in 1/2 lengthwise.

Thanks for the help

Re: Stock Packs w/Cheek Riser for Rem 700 in H-S stock

I would go with the Triad "Stock Pad", Steve has great customer service and a great product. I own two Triad Stock Packs and will be ordering a "Stock Pad" in the near future. Its very well made, highly adjustable and uses velcro to raise the height of the comb underneath the pad.

http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Stock-Pad.html

You could just make something out of duct tape, foam and canvas like I did here, but I as I mentioned, I will bring back a Triad Stock Pad as soon as I can get one over here.
27e51c95.jpg

Pick one up from Triad. Get the one that suits you. I have an HSP stock too and am using a stock pack that I got from Triad. It does the trick.

Didn't see the one from Triad before and will definitely look into it.

The TNVC looks real nice too. Don't see why it wouldn't fit the HSP stock??

TNVC raises cheek height by 1.5" opposed to 3/8" on the Triad. More height would be better for my noggin.

Thanks for posting the picture DriftWood. Might just come to a home rigged remedy.
Keep the ideas coming.....

I used a pool noodle cut to length and formed to height I wanted. Then I taped the crap out of it to hold it on the stock and the used a triad velcro stock bag over so it looks good. It works until I save up for a stock.

If you need more height, you can add more velco strips to the inside of the Triad pad, or you can add material under it. The nice thing about the velcro, especially if you are looking at adding 1.5", is that when you need to pull your bolt out for any reason, all you have to do is undo the three velcro straps on the bottom and the entire piece comes off. The bolt slides out unimpeded and after you put the bolt back in, all you have to do is put your Triad stock pad back on and cinch it down and you are ready to go. I don't need that much elevation so I can still get my bolt out and use a bore guide and cleaning rod with the homemade checkpiece that is currently on my M24. If it were any taller though I would have to remove it to get the bolt out. The velcro strips used by Triad are very simple yet very effective. You just stack them up until you achieve your desired height. They stay in place and dont move around. It's one of the best solutions I have come across.

Thanks for the positive feedback Driftwood!

All five versions of the stock pack (external loop, internal loop, large, slick and shotshell) have the velcro elevation adjustment.

I'll throw another vote out there for the Triad. Just got mine in a couple days ago and I love it. It was very easy to adjust and get just right.

Yeah guys, thanks for turning me onto Triad! Going to deifintely put an order in.

They've got a couple other products I might add to the order... that tapered rear bag (aka: Wedgie)is pure genius. Was just thinking the other day why nobody made shooting bag in that shape. Perfect! Also the scope cover/carry handle.

i got several of triads products including the stock pack and wedgie. top notch gear and top notch service. nothing but smiles with the whole experience

I realize this is from 2012 but FWIW Ryan shaped a piece of wood that fit his height adjustment. Wrapped in what appeared to be electrical tape and used two nails to go into holes he drilled in his stock. The pack goes over that. This way it’s removable for when he needs to removed the bolt.