• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock Questions - Flush Cups Location

buzzard2172

Private
Minuteman
  • May 9, 2010
    NC
    Maybe this isn't a stupid question but I'm a nobody around here so I chose to post in this section.

I scored a Manners T2A with a 14% discount thanks to the sale and holiday coupon at Stocky's. I am going to have QD flush cups installed and was wondering what the ideal placement for them would be. The stock will have an Atlas rail on the bottom front if that narrows things down. The intended use will be general carry, possibly hunting, and hopefully competition (PRS type matches) in the future.

I'm hoping to pick the brains of those with experience and do it right the first time. Thanks for any input.

I run two on the left side. (right handed bolt)
    Front is centered about 3-5" back from the front tip.
    Rear can be centered about 2-3" forward of the recoil pad.

Something like that.

I don't run anything on the bottom anymore.

Makes sense. Is there any advantage to also having them on the right side for shooting with a sling? I remember reading somewhere that having it on the bottom or the right side up front was useful for shooting with the sling.

I run two on the left side. (right handed bolt)
    Front is centered about 3-5" back from the front tip.
    Rear can be centered about 2-3" forward of the recoil pad.

Something like that.

I don't run anything on the bottom anymore.

I run mine the exact same way.

Make sure the rear flush cup is in the center of the but stock, and not towards the bottom end otherwise it will not hang right and will tilt outward when worn.

Makes sense. Is there any advantage to also having them on the right side for shooting with a sling? I remember reading somewhere that having it on the bottom or the right side up front was useful for shooting with the sling.

It's a .50 cent part...maybe, and they're flush.

Put 6 or 8 of those bad boys on it. They are cheap, and they don't get in the way of anything.

2 flush cups on the forearm (right and left side), 1 sling swivel stud under the forearm, and 1 flush cup on the left side of the butt stock. This is assuming you are a right handed shooter, reverse if you are a left handed shooter.

The reasoning behind a flush cup on the opposite side of the forearm is for positional shooting with a sling. This configuration allows you to use a sling properly (riding across the back of the support hand). The sling swivel on the bottom of the forearm is so you can mount a Harris or other bipod if the need arrises.

Reactions: stanley_white
    Thanks to everyone for the input. 2 up front and 1 centered in the rear sounds like a good plan. Any thoughts on rotating vs non-rotating?

Jacob, I have a FTW sling inbound from Triad right now. I'm pretty excited about it. Thanks!

Last edited:
    I'm sure you will really like the new FTW sling. We are quite proud of the design, and we really feel that we have made a significant improvement on a classic design.

Not sure what Jacob is partial to for flush cup mounts, but I believe his current stock has full 360deg rotating cups. I'm not crazy about non-roatating (indexing) flush cup mounts, it seems they bind up at all the wrong times/places for me.

RiflesOnly.com

Last edited:
    I really like having a flush cup on the right hand side (RH Bolt). With the new micro-adjustable slings (FTW etc) you can adjust it so your trigger hand can reach the adjustments while you stay essentially slung up.

On my Manners T2A I have the same atlas rail with a Long Range Accuracy bipod and a rail mounted flushcup. It sucks as a set up as the bipod takes up a lot of real-estate and the swivel hits it and prevent free movement. Will be getting the flushcups installed on the stock on either side.