• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

StockysStocks BAD BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sprayed99

WJK 4-9-18
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 9, 2012
    DFW TX
    So I have been waiting to purcahse 2 HS Precision stocks until the 15th. Unfortunately I don't have a money tree in the back yard like some.

So I get of the site tonight because I actually came across a little bit of cash today.

Per their website last night (about 10pm central time) they had them on sale for 341.XX which means I could buy one for my savage S/A and one for my Remington L/A and their sale pricing was posted to be good until 3-12-2012... go there tonight and they are now 410.00 each... needless to say I'm a little irratated. So I called them and had a lady on the phone that just kept saying "HSP raised their price" I don't give a damn if they raised their price. The bottom line is stockys was rude and didn't give a damn they lost almost 800.00 in business worse they could careless what the website said yesterday. I assure you that no one I shoot with will ever purchase a stock from them!!!

Rant off!!!!

Re: StockysStocks BAD BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone turned me on to them as well, for an HS as well, long story short, they missed my money too..

I have a screen shot saved on my office computer from yesterday...clearly stated 3-12-2012 argue with me if you want... I know what it said and I have been talking with them for 2 weeks to make sure it would work with my bottom bolt release savage. last week they even stated that the sale ends 3-12-2012 over the phone.

If you wait a couple of days, they'll probably put it on sale again.

If it makes you feel any better, I've been waiting on an HS Precision stock from them going on 3 months now.

You think they are bad, try buying a rife from Oak Hill Enterprises, on the GunsAmerica forum.

Completely useless turd rejected my at ask offer and then hiked the price.

Lame dude lost out on two easy sales. Guess he's desperate for an extra $60.

I have almost pulled the trigger in the past but have heard comments about them that was not to good. Not sure if i ever will. That sucks when you get some cash in the pocket to spend and sometimes have a hard time to spending it on trying to get what you want.

Put the money in the bank, place a order within manners and save a few bucks while youu wait and shoot the rifles as is while you wait.

Dear Diary,

Today a company refused to lose money and I got mad.

I hope some day UNICEF gets into the stock business.

Well I guess I'm in the minority. I bought a Bell and Carlson Target/Varmint 10/22 stock from them last year. The whole process was simple, straight forward, and fast. It was less than a week between paying online and having it at my door. I have no complaints whatsoever.

I will say that after ordering a Manners T4-CZ for my AWC Ultra II the quality of the Manners stock is much higher and fits me better. I'll probably do my next bolt-action build on a Manners stock now.

Either way, my calendar and my phone both say 3-10-12 and if they have dropped the sales pricing beforehand its a crummy business decision.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: calling4life</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was on the site last night, said sale ended 2-11-12...

I was looking at the same stock. </div></div>

Regardless, that date is still tomorrow. Looks like I can scratch them off my list when I decide to get a new stock.

Mike @ Tac ops Sells H&S stocks for much less than what their asking. Remington only

Holy shit, I didn't post that to refute your claims, I don't give a shit if you do business with them or not. I posted that as a simple, this is what I saw, meant in a straight forward manner.

Post your screen shot, then we can all send them e-mails with links to this thread showing our disappointment in their business practices.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FailureToStart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dear Diary,

I hope some day UNICEF gets into the stock business. </div></div>

Considering they have had to same HS precision stocks in their inventory from last year. Meaning they paid last years price.... So if anything they have a better margin than before. So no the company refused business after a sale price had been published and was changed prior to the end date. Stockys told me verbatim " we have been back ordered for several months and don't expect more arrivals for atleast six months..... This was said in the first week of January.......

Refuse to lose money my ass.... Maybe refuse to practice good business and except to.lose money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: calling4life</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy shit, I didn't post that to refute your claims, I don't give a shit if you do business with them or not. I posted that as a simple, this is what I saw, meant in a straight forward manner.

Post your screen shot, then we can all send them e-mails with links to this thread showing our disappointment in their business practices.

</div></div>

Sorry over the internet interpreting someone's tone is difficult. I was not meaning to.start a challenge. I was simply stating I have proof of the companies ignorance and carelessness and that is can't be argued.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blackblue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Put the money in the bank, place a order within manners and save a few bucks while youu wait and shoot the rifles as is while you wait. </div></div>

I wish everyone thought like you!

and dont forget Mcmillan! Mcmillan seems to be getting stocks to us in under 3mo right now. More like 8-10 weeks.

If youre serious about shooting your rifle, the extra money and wait is WELL worth getting a Mcmillan or Manners stock guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keith at PCR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blackblue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Put the money in the bank, place a order within manners and save a few bucks while youu wait and shoot the rifles as is while you wait. </div></div>

and dont forget Mcmillan! Mcmillan seems to be getting stocks to us in under 3mo right now. More like 8-10 weeks.

If youre serious about shooting your rifle, the extra money and wait is WELL worth getting a Mcmillan or Manners stock guys. </div></div>

Oh I agree with you 100%, but these guns are not bench shooters and are not going to be shot way out there. These are varmint rigs that will not be shot over 400 yards at the very most. Also the savage is my wifes and the remington is just an extra rifle for buddies or family to use when going hunting with me.

If I spend money on her stuff it gives me leverage to get what I would like later.... gotta love having a small bit of leverage LMAO.

I bought a Bell and Carlson from Stockys about 2 months ago with no problems, they were great to deal with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike @ Tac ops Sells H&S stocks for much less than what their asking. Remington only</div></div>

Who? Got a link?

I have bought several stocks, bottom metals, and magazines from Stocky's. Have always had zero problems with them. But I do ALWAYS call any and all internet business before I purchase something. Keeping accurate inventories and keeping the site continuously updated can be a struggle for businesses. Now, if you were quoted a price and a time...they should have honored it.

Ain't life a bitch!
    Too bad folks don't openly bitch about things that really effect their lives, instead of just their wants.

I'm not in it either way but i have to say i really like that comment and their is a whole lot of truth to it.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ain't life a bitch!
    Too bad folks don't openly bitch about things that really effect their lives, instead of just their wants.</div></div>

Maybe I missed something, but the OP's experience doesn't seem rant-worthy...but either way, sorry for your bad experience.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ain't life a bitch!
    Too bad folks don't openly bitch about things that really effect their lives, instead of just their wants. </div></div>
    Yes you are right life is a bitch sometimes.

Let me ask you this...

Why would anybody openly discuss their deepest problems in life over a public web forum? We have discussions on this forum about firearms and the like. This isnt a metal health forum.

redhawk rifles is the place to go for B&C or HS stocks.

chuck

I ordered my Manners T4A from them and the lady was very nice , her name was Lynn . I told her i was going to send it back to Manners to have the spacer system and flush cups installed and she offered to ship it straight to them to save me shipping . I got the stock for 999.50 with manners mini metal and a 5 round mag. they emailed me my tracking number and a nice message on it ATT to Brandon at manners and she even told me she would call Matt at Manners and let him know its in coming. I am sorry for your issue with them but They treated me very right .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sprayed99</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FailureToStart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dear Diary,

Considering they have had to same HS precision stocks in their inventory from last year. Meaning they paid last years price.... So if anything they have a better margin than before. So no the company refused business after a sale price had been published and was changed prior to the end date. Stockys told me verbatim " we have been back ordered for several months and don't expect more arrivals for atleast six months..... This was said in the first week of January.......

Refuse to lose money my ass.... Maybe refuse to practice good business and except to.lose money.

</div></div>

I bet you never buy gas either. I mean shit, when you drove by in the morning it was $3.29/gal and now its $3.39 and by God they still have the same gas in their tanks!

When my business speaks in terms of cost, we are talking about what we can replace the product for RIGHT NOW, not what we paid for it however long ago we got it. If I sell rocks for $10 and the ones I have in stock cost me $6 but they currently cost $8 to order new ones then I'm not getting $4 to pay my bills, I'm only getting $2 and my business may not run on $2.

On the reverse of that say I bought rocks for $8 six months ago and my current cost is $6, I will keep my stock at the old price because I would be losing money again - UNLESS - I need to free up cash flow or have perishable inventory.

Raise your hand if you have a local arms shop that has some ammo at absurd prices because it was all they could get during the initial phase of our current presidency.

Two examples:
    One store has 168gr FGMM for $40 a box
    Another has LC M855 840rds on strippers for $419

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sprayed99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This isnt a metal health forum. </div></div>

I'll assume you meant mental health.
    Starting a thread about a price change you don't agree with, gives more insight than you know.
    Mental health tests require questions to be answered, body language to be observed, or the ability to define the questions the applicant asks their self. However the best test, is the ghost test. That's where others, or the observed, do all your work w/o knowing it's ever taking place.

I ordered a HS stock from them once and everything went perfectly. Got the stock about week or so. Excellent experience from my end.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sprayed99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This isnt a metal health forum. </div></div>

It's not?
    I beg to differ...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vJChh7ghGnE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vJChh7ghGnE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sprayed99</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keith at PCR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blackblue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Put the money in the bank, place a order within manners and save a few bucks while youu wait and shoot the rifles as is while you wait. </div></div>

If youre serious about shooting your rifle, the extra money and wait is WELL worth getting a Mcmillan or Manners stock guys. </div></div>

Oh I agree with you 100%, but these guns are not bench shooters and are not going to be shot way out there. These are varmint rigs that will not be shot over 400 yards at the very most. Also the savage is my wifes and the remington is just an extra rifle for buddies or family to use when going hunting with me.

If I spend money on her stuff it gives me leverage to get what I would like later.... gotta love having a small bit of leverage LMAO. </div></div>

There is still nothing wrong with putting a McM or a Manners on the rig.

I ordered a B&C from them in one of the patterns that requires back ordering. It was, it came about when they said it would, and cost what was on the site. BTW, I really like the B&C A2 on my hunting rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FailureToStart</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sprayed99</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FailureToStart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dear Diary,

</div></div>

I bet you never buy gas either. I mean shit, when you drove by in the morning it was $3.29/gal and now its $3.39 and by God they still have the same gas in their tanks!

When my business speaks in terms of cost, we are talking about what we can replace the product for RIGHT NOW, not what we paid for it however long ago we got it. If I sell rocks for $10 and the ones I have in stock cost me $6 but they currently cost $8 to order new ones then I'm not getting $4 to pay my bills, I'm only getting $2 and my business may not run on $2.

On the reverse of that say I bought rocks for $8 six months ago and my current cost is $6, I will keep my stock at the old price because I would be losing money again - UNLESS - I need to free up cash flow or have perishable inventory.

Raise your hand if you have a local arms shop that has some ammo at absurd prices because it was all they could get during the initial phase of our current presidency.

Two examples:
    One store has 168gr FGMM for $40 a box
    Another has LC M855 840rds on strippers for $419 </div></div>

LOL I buy plenty of gas.

No my reasons for getting irratated with the company is because they had a stated price with a stated date that the price was good for. Now the price was changed before the posted sale ending date. When I called about it the person I spoke with was very rude.

Now had the sale price stated it was ending on the date it ended then I would have no reason to bitch.

Hell even if they had been nice over the phone about the price change I probably would have been okay with it and made the purchase anyway.

Having poor customer service shows that the person I spoke with has no interest in working with new costomers that in the end help their business grow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sprayed99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This isnt a metal health forum. </div></div>

I'll assume you meant mental health.
    Starting a thread about a price change you don't agree with, gives more insight than you know.
    Mental health tests require questions to be answered, body language to be observed, or the ability to define the questions the applicant asks their self. However the best test, is the ghost test. That's where others, or the observed, do all your work w/o knowing it's ever taking place. </div></div>

WOW!

I'm done feeding you. All you want to do is start a "interent tough guy" pissing contest. Sorry to dissapoint you, but this is the last bit of time I'm going to waste replying to your post.

Equate as you wish.
    However such a reply only reinforces the fore-mentioned facts.

I never spoke with anyone at stockys but I ordered on tues and got my stock on fri.

For what its worth, I have to agree with the OP. That is bad business.I had a similar experience from another company (not stockys) which I will not name because they fixed the problem. The only reason they fixed the problem was that I discussed the issue on a couple of forums such as this one.

It may seem like the OP is whining about what equates to nothing in peoples opinion, but in my experience doing this is a good tool for consumers, provided it is used in the correct way (facts only & evidence to back up your claims).

Regards

Matt

I continue to be lucky in my dealings with businesses. I have bought two B&C stocks from Stocky's...in both cases, I got what I ordered when I was told I would receive the shipments. In the case of one stock, a B&C Medalist A5 for my SPS Varmint, the stock did not allow perfect drop-in fit. I called Stocky's, they put me in touch with B&C and I received longer action screws in 2 days. Both Stockys and B&C were perfectly professional and reasonable.

In the end, I had my local gunsmith do a little inletting and glass bedding...the rifle is a great shooter and the stock was $200 cheaper than B&C from other sources.

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

FH

Bottom line is Stocky's SHOULD honor the pricing they listed, through the date they advertised on their website.

Rule #1:

I NEVER guarantee pricing beyond the date which I have the same price guarantees with my suppliers.

I learned that lesson way back when...when steel prices went through the roof (commercial steel stud framing contractor) and suddenly my cost for a project I bid went outta sight.