• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stop what you're doing. Fuck the EPA. And go buy this showerhead.

Replaced two with these. They are awesome. Gonna get a third for the guest bath just cause I’m a nice guy lol

I think I've proven a theory to myself in that there are showerhead manufactures who go an extra step to fuck you out of water pressure/water flow that doesn't just end with shitty water regulator inserts.

I have 2 showerheads upstairs and 2 downstairs. The larger guest room showerhead pressure is abysmal (sorry @clcustom1911 ) All the same brand but different configurations. I never liked the shower pressure in the master bathroom; it wasn't terrible, it also wasn't fantastic. I had a plumber check our water pressure when he was here and he confirmed I should be getting more water. I took the heads apart and took the regulators out. It improved but I was still under the impression from the amount of water it would shoot out with no showerhead on, that it should be more.

I came across a forum where someone was talking about a similar issue. It was brought up to get one of these and be prepared to have your water bill go up:

Got one for the hell of it.

It comes with some crafty wink wink nod nod instructions attached to the showerhead. They know exactly what's up. I'm guessing to get around whatever EPA bullshit there is, they include a restrictor, yet it is extremely fragile. They mention that they included a second one just incase you break the first one. Why would you break it? Oh, because they mention you can use the other restrictor it comes with; its just a debris screen LOL

Pull restrictor out, which basically melts, put debris screen in and screw it on. When I turned the water on, it was like someone was standing there with a fucking full pressure garden hose. Funny how even with any restrictor out of the big brand named ones the pressure still sucked, yet with this one, its 10x stronger. Hmmmmmm.

If the normal 'high flow' restrictor showerheads are 1.8gpm, this has to be 2-3x that.
Just had to give thanks! After I turned it on for the 1st time to my old knob positions, my drain couldn't keep up. I used to wait 60 seconds for hot water, now less than 10!

Reactions: D_TROS
I have a well, good water, no bill. Water goes back into the earth, down 130' and gets recycled. That said, I'm moving to a 70psi constant pressure system to power my 16" square rainfall showerhead and the above-mention 'water-waster" shower head (that goes with it).

America - Fuck yeah!

(Then I go on vacation and realize how anemic most showers are)

My parent's well is 365 feet. Cost $1.25 per foot in 1968...plus the pump, of course.

My parent's well is 365 feet. Cost $1.25 per foot in 1968...plus the pump, of course.

Thank goodness our 1000' deep well was already here when I bought the place. We're in a river basin, so sandy soil, anything less around here caves in. There's optional County water service, I choose not to participate.
A word of caution to those on wells, you need to vigilant about not letting gasoline spill on the ground, all the additives imposed by the EPA, it does not filter out in dirt, goes until it hit the aquifer.

Thank goodness our 1000' deep well was already here when I bought the place. We're in a river basin, so sandy soil, anything less around here caves in. There's optional County water service, I choose not to participate.
A word of caution to those on wells, you need to vigilant about not letting gasoline spill on the ground, all the additives imposed by the EPA, it does not filter out in dirt, goes until it hit the aquifer.

I spill gas, oil, there's an old heating oil tank that was leaking a little, everything, and my well is only like 65' deep, are we talking kids with 2 heads or will I just die peacefully in my sleep?

I spill gas, oil, there's an old heating oil tank that was leaking a little, everything, and my well is only like 65' deep, are we talking kids with 2 heads or will I just die peacefully in my sleep?
Here's one write up;

I'm guilty of pouring it on ant mounds and starting fires, but take it very seriously now to mitigate any spillage by myself. I obviously can't control what others do, but I do try to educate.

If you really want to stop being poor, call my friend Tag and let him build you a shower…they’re $120K now.

Bought one, haven't installed it yet, but I will and report back.
I work 12hr nights, just woke up and got the report from the ole lady; the handheld does a better job than her other one, I guess it's better, as it has 3 modes, if that's something you use, I don't, so I like the simple one better. Both get the hot water there much faster, so I do know we're getting a much better flow.

Reactions: 0724/1030
PXL_20230531_124637335.jpg

PXL_20230531_180646652.jpg

Cool shower walls.
That's what caught my attention. Then I noticed the three shower heads.
The hand held cradles in the regular head then there's the over head rain head on the ceiling.
A friend did the plumbing on this house. I was there doing the gas connection and conversion for the kitchen range.

I have two big shower heads that come out of the ceiling in my master bath that are about 12"x12" with 10' ceilings. By the time the water hits my head at 6', they pattern out to about 30"x60" of hot rain.

Best. Upgrade. Ever.

There's enough hot water to have a threesome in that shower without anyone getting cold.

Years ago when I did a custom shower in a house for a customer that had seven heads. We ran a separate one inch line from the meter that served two 80 gal gas water heaters. I recommended a commercial style water heater but they decided that if there were ever a problem with the water heater that getting parts may take time and if one of the two had problems they'd at least have one working.
Grohe controls and heads were pretty good to work with. I can't remember what the gallons per minute were when full on but it was a few

I bought the 8" version of this thing in the Original Post, and their 16" extender thing.

It works but I still like my prior head better, though I went through several heads to find that one.

So there were no surprises with this new one, but it works fine, I'm not really a rain head type guy, finding that out as I continue to use it.