• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I have basically stopped tipping, and its paying off.

Man, I sure feel sorry for you. You sure must have had to work hard walking so much, carrying so much food, remembering to write down all those orders and bring ketchup and a fresh soda. I hope you didn't strain yourself wrapping all that silver and wiping menus.

Chili's? Working a 12 hour double? Yeah, boohoo.
Actually the most annoying part was dealing with cocksuckers like yourself who think they’re entitled and the most important/only person in the restaurant.

I’ve done concrete work and can bench well over 275... 🥳

Seriously if you’ve never worked waitstaff at a busy restaurant, go do it then come tell me about it.

These people/places are like strippers that come around and ask if you’d like to tip them after their dance. Sorry sweetheart, I would have tipped when you we’re onstage if I felt the need.

Actually the most annoying part was dealing with cocksuckers like yourself who think they’re entitled and the most important/only person in the restaurant.

I’ve done concrete work and can bench well over 275... 🥳

Seriously if you’ve never worked waitstaff at a busy restaurant, go do it then come tell me about it.

Man, I worked front of house, and because I wanted a challenge, moved into the kitchen. You can tell me about busy when you serve 500 plates off saute during a 7 hour, 1300 cover Friday night dinner service. GTFOH with your weak shit.

I'm sure a lot of you have noticed the paradigm shift in the last 2-3 years where literally everything has one (or multiple) tip jars hanging around and you're being physically asked for a tip, sometimes multiple different ways, during a transaction.

Well, my response to this over-saturation of bullshit when comparing it to the average level of service and abysmal decline in IQ, while at the same time noticing a drastic increase in the ability to just fuck everything up, all of the time, is to simply not fucking tip anyone unless they do something rather spectacular to actually earn it.

Apparently this is something they count on as well at this point. Went to a cafe/bakery with the wife this past weekend. The dumb as fuck girl working the counter at this hoity toity place (where she says perfect! after any coherent thing you say, because that is apparently the 1 word her brain allows her to save for use at any time) decided to not only physically fucking mention the tip jar to me after assuming that doing 11.3 seconds of work that involved filling a coffee cup and handling a pastry that someone else made merited that; but then tapped her key on the checkout screen and stood there staring at it while she waited to see how much of an awesome tip I was leaving her. How do I know this? Her demeanor and the look on her face went from feeling successful because she remembered she still had $17 in her checking account and wasn't over-drafted as usual to realizing that I had just drank her soul with the straw she had given me. Tasty.

Sorry jobbers, that tip you were counting on because 'thats how we've always done it' has gone into my OnlyFans piggy bank or something. Or Ill just keep it and go swimming in it like Scrouge McDuck, or rub it on my balls or something more useful than giving it to you. I don't know - you're just not getting any of it, so whatever. Which by the way, why is it that whenever I ever give money to anyone 30 and under, I always just feel like I'm funding vape, and failure? It's like knowingly funding terrorism, but for people who are too stupid to actually be terrorists?

But don't be mad at me!

It's really your fault. When you got bold enough that a simple, modest tip jar wasn't enough and instead, you needed to make them the giant pretzel barrel size and put multiples of them in multiple areas (like they cant be fucking seen from the parking lot), you just flew too close to the sun. Ironically, you wont get that reference because, well, you're stupid. Then doubling down and setting up your fancy iPad credit card thing to, by default, leave you a 20% tip, has me where we're at right now - you get nothing, and you're going to fucking love it. But lets be honest for a second; you really just do the bare minimum on average and even then, you still completely suck at like everything the rest of the time. Were you born 50-75 years ago you would have been eaten by a bear or fallen into a mineshaft already.

I need you to embrace the fact that before I even see you, or ignore how you say 'perfect!' to anything I fucking say while we both know that you're brain is still loading at 37% trying to put together the 3 simple tasks I just gave you, that I have already determined that you are not getting shit from me. Nothing. Zero. Nada. It's like a trophy for me at this point that has already given me visions of making an app to keep track of how much tip cash you fucked a millennial out of, with leader-boards and monthly contests.

I bite my thumb at you, poors!

Perfect perfect

Reactions: Average guy
We go to the same pizza place every week (Mellow Mushroom, great 'za and great selection of beers), wife and I eat in the bar, and I always tip the bartend/waitress $10 cash regardless of our bill. Of course, wife gets free Diet Coke and I'll get a free beer quite often. And a $3 regular loyalty credit. Interesting how much more often that happens when you become a regular who tips them quite well in cash.

Reactions: Bradu
Man, I worked front of house, and because I wanted a challenge, moved into the kitchen. You can tell me about busy when you serve 500 plates off saute during a 7 hour, 1300 cover Friday night dinner service. GTFOH with your weak shit.

You couldn't pay me enough to work in a busy kitchen.

Just as i said, the last time i tipped a cashier was the last time. I did the "no tip" option today for the cashier who range me up. #feelsgoodman

This is why I mostly eat at home. If I'm grabbing something on the go, drive through, where no tip is expected. If I do get rare exemplary service I tip accordingly, I've even been caught with little cash and gone back to tip a deserving server, once.

In Europe, the service is knowingly awful. When Americans visit Germany its always hilarious to take them out to dinner or a cafe and watch them get angry about the total lack of service to the point that you think they're fucking with you. The waiter/waitress will show up once at the beginning to ask about drinks. Then on the return of drinks, take your order. Next time you see them there will be food. Next time after that it'll be when they have the check that they expect you to pay right then and there while they fucking stand there. That's it.

I actually prefer that to the over-friendly, over-involved way that most American chains force their waiters to behave.

Take my order, bring my food, then leave me alone till I'm done.

I actually prefer that to the over-friendly, over-involved way that most American chains force their waiters to behave.

Most american companies do that and I hate it. When I was a teen working for Safeway they forced us to smile and make small talk with customers. You had to 1) smile 2) ask them how their day was going 3) tell them about specials and 4) lead them to the aisle where their item was. And then these companies wonder why they can't get anybody to work for minimum wage.

Reactions: 308pirate
I definitely tip on how good the service is and half the time on how good the food is. If the food is sub par but the wait staff are helpful or remorseful about my messed up or mediocre food, ill tip them extra. I am not a complainer unless something is really messed up. I have high expectations but understand reality. Its why 99% of the time i just cook at home. Better food, better prices and only one asshole to blame if its fucked up.

I have walked out on horrible service, many a time. Usually before i even order, because they took so long. A simple “we are busy but we will be with you as soon as we can” is much better than ignoring me until they are ready to take an order.

Since the plandemic started, i noticed a trend. Silverware not on tables and many times my food makes it before a napkin fork and knife do. Its infuriating.

Just today the lady asked if I wanted to donate $5 for the schools, my response, 'you're kidding right, that's what I pay taxes for and if you ask me this nonsense again, I'll never shop here'. Manager heard and smiled as I guess I'm not the only one

give me my change
I'm not tipping for you doing your fking job and besides, if you are making $15/hr pouring my coffee, you're already overpaid

Last night stopped at a little mom and pop Mexican joint. Place was clean. Waiter was prompt, food was average. he made sure we were taken care of, not overbearing. He got a good tip. I’m not going out to eat to visit with the waiter. If my drink glass goes empty the tip is automatically cut in half.

Most american companies do that and I hate it. When I was a teen working for Safeway they forced us to smile and make small talk with customers. You had to 1) smile 2) ask them how their day was going 3) tell them about specials and 4) lead them to the aisle where their item was. And then these companies wonder why they can't get anybody to work for minimum wage.

This is why I like self-checkouts.

Last time in a restaurant with people we were splitting up the bill and someone said to me "Give me $x and you take care of this tip." Which I did. What I left was questioned by everyone because it came out to about 40%. I said "She was nice enough and did an adequate job. Besides, if I can make someone's night, maybe even give them something good to think about all week by giving them a few dollars too many, then why not do it. It's only money."
And everyone at the table was very impressed with me and expressed how sweet that was and such a nice thing to do and how nice I was.

Which I followed with... "Besides, I only eat out like one or twice a year, so it's real easy to do." :D

Tip cup on the counter? Fuck em! That's worse than someone pan handling on the street IMO.

This is why I like self-checkouts.

I hate seeing those things because the checkers used to get paid pretty well. Plus they have stupid scales on the bags etc so you put something down on the wrong spot and alarms go off because it thinks I'm a thief.

If they wanna impress me they should automate the store and executive management. I'm sure you could program a computer to make nonsensical employee schedules, print out motivational posters and announce over the PA that smoke breaks were only allowed behind the store out of sight of customers.

I hate seeing those things because the checkers used to get paid pretty well. Plus they have stupid scales on the bags etc so you put something down on the wrong spot and alarms go off because it thinks I'm a thief.

If they wanna impress me they should automate the store and executive management. I'm sure you could program a computer to make nonsensical employee schedules, print out motivational posters and announce over the PA that smoke breaks were only allowed behind the store out of sight of customers.

...but I don't have to interact with an employee with purple hair wearing gloves that have handled XXX customer's items and payments. AFA alarms, it's happened to me once. An employee walked over and asked to see my receipt. I said, sure, it's in one of the bags. You can follow me to my vehicle if you like. End of interaction.

I favored HD over Lowe's until they installed self-checkouts.

• Haha
Reactions: NoDopes
Last time in a restaurant with people we were splitting up the bill and someone said to me "Give me $x and you take care of this tip." Which I did. What I left was questioned by everyone because it came out to about 40%. I said "She was nice enough and did an adequate job. Besides, if I can make someone's night, maybe even give them something good to think about all week by giving them a few dollars too many, then why not do it. It's only money."
And everyone at the table was very impressed with me and expressed how sweet that was and such a nice thing to do and how nice I was.

Which I followed with... "Besides, I only eat out like one or twice a year, so it's real easy to do." :D

Tip cup on the counter? Fuck em! That's worse than someone pan handling on the street IMO.
You expressed my feels towards the tipping issue nicely.
I eat out only a shy more, but I tip well and for your reasons above.

I imagine if we ate out more I could have different feelings towards it.

I'm sure a lot of you have noticed the paradigm shift in the last 2-3 years where literally everything has one (or multiple) tip jars hanging around and you're being physically asked for a tip, sometimes multiple different ways, during a transaction.

Well, my response to this over-saturation of bullshit when comparing it to the average level of service and abysmal decline in IQ, while at the same time noticing a drastic increase in the ability to just fuck everything up, all of the time, is to simply not fucking tip anyone unless they do something rather spectacular to actually earn it.

Apparently this is something they count on as well at this point. Went to a cafe/bakery with the wife this past weekend. The dumb as fuck girl working the counter at this hoity toity place (where she says perfect! after any coherent thing you say, because that is apparently the 1 word her brain allows her to save for use at any time) decided to not only physically fucking mention the tip jar to me after assuming that doing 11.3 seconds of work that involved filling a coffee cup and handling a pastry that someone else made merited that; but then tapped her key on the checkout screen and stood there staring at it while she waited to see how much of an awesome tip I was leaving her. How do I know this? Her demeanor and the look on her face went from feeling successful because she remembered she still had $17 in her checking account and wasn't over-drafted as usual to realizing that I had just drank her soul with the straw she had given me. Tasty.

Sorry jobbers, that tip you were counting on because 'thats how we've always done it' has gone into my OnlyFans piggy bank or something. Or Ill just keep it and go swimming in it like Scrouge McDuck, or rub it on my balls or something more useful than giving it to you. I don't know - you're just not getting any of it, so whatever. Which by the way, why is it that whenever I ever give money to anyone 30 and under, I always just feel like I'm funding vape, and failure? It's like knowingly funding terrorism, but for people who are too stupid to actually be terrorists?

But don't be mad at me!

It's really your fault. When you got bold enough that a simple, modest tip jar wasn't enough and instead, you needed to make them the giant pretzel barrel size and put multiples of them in multiple areas (like they cant be fucking seen from the parking lot), you just flew too close to the sun. Ironically, you wont get that reference because, well, you're stupid. Then doubling down and setting up your fancy iPad credit card thing to, by default, leave you a 20% tip, has me where we're at right now - you get nothing, and you're going to fucking love it. But lets be honest for a second; you really just do the bare minimum on average and even then, you still completely suck at like everything the rest of the time. Were you born 50-75 years ago you would have been eaten by a bear or fallen into a mineshaft already.

I need you to embrace the fact that before I even see you, or ignore how you say 'perfect!' to anything I fucking say while we both know that you're brain is still loading at 37% trying to put together the 3 simple tasks I just gave you, that I have already determined that you are not getting shit from me. Nothing. Zero. Nada. It's like a trophy for me at this point that has already given me visions of making an app to keep track of how much tip cash you fucked a millennial out of, with leader-boards and monthly contests.

I bite my thumb at you, poors!
I somewhat view your response to tipping as a lack of imagination. Never thought I'd say that.

Here is another approach.....

Pretend you don't speak English. I'm sure you can figure out an alternative language to use....then, if they produce someone that speaks said alternative language tip the fuck out of them.

"Guten Tag. Ich mochte....hrm? Nein! Keine Englisch!"

"Ja. Kaffe. Bitte. Mit scheisse..."

"Mehr Geld? Fick dich!"

Extra points for nailing an Adolph Hitler impersonation. More than usual that is.

...but I don't have to interact with an employee with purple hair wearing gloves that have handled XXX customer's items and payments. AFA alarms, it's happened to me once. An employee walked over and asked to see my receipt. I said, sure, it's in one of the bags. You can follow me to my vehicle if you like. End of interaction.

I had an experience yesterday that....blew my fucking mind.

It was a 3d scanner that replaced the employee. I put the shit in the scanner with 1" of space between everything and tapped my card and left. I didn't even get crack cocaine on my shit, and didn't have to exchange pleasantries with someone who was fresh out of meth amphetamines.

Reactions: EddieNFL
On the very odd occasion, we'll order a pizza here. There are a few different places in this town, where the 'za is good, but they are too far away from our home for delivery. So we pre-order, then go pick it up at the appropriate time.

We don't tip. All they did was make the 'za and put it in the box. WE drove there in our own vehicle on our own time. Their tip jar sitting there is kinda ridiculous.

At the same time, I have been in a few different stores looking for a specific item and/or asking some serious/in-depth questions about certain products and such. For those who've given me/us great service, I have tipped them, right there in the aisle. Not the industry norm, nor the expectation, BUT they did do well and performed above average. That effort deserved a recognition.

The funniest situation for me though, was some years ago I was at Cabela's with My Lady and we were looking at upgrading our vacuum food-sealer from the SHIT/CRAP version that we'd had, to one of their better offerings. (our garbage was not bought from Cabela's to begin with) While there, we were looking at/checking out the different models and sizes and such, and seeing which was best for us.

Another gentleman came up to us, and asked what we thought. We explained to him, that which we'd been doing for a number of years now, and that we wanted to upgrade our system/process and 'this is why...' and such. We also explained to him all of the 'this is what we want to avoid and why....' and such too.

He picked up a box of the model that we were looking at, (the best option in our opinion) and then also jammed 40 bucks into my shirt pocket and said "THANK YOU, put this towards your purchase too. You saved me AT LEAST THAT AMOUNT in all that you two had just shared."

We truly weren't expecting that AT ALL, and tried to hand it back to him but he would have 'none of it'.

Of course, we 'paid it forward' and still do. Thing is though,,,, I feel that everything I described above is essentially the summation of what tipping is, is for, and all that. Not just a fashion, habit, OR requirement.

Oh yeah, never buy anything that rhymes with PoodZaver. I'm just sayin'....
I remember this only vaguely - exact details and faces might be a bit off.

Reminds me of a store I was in where they had a thing going on where you would get between 5% and 50% off that day.... and the percentage was determined by a balloon you picked up at the beginning that they would pop at the counter.

I had 2 boxes of ammo and the dude at the register next to me had like 4 high end rifle scopes. I hit the 50% jackpot and he had 5%....I asked if he wanted to trade discount cards. Made that dudes day for sure.

I had an experience yesterday that....blew my fucking mind.

It was a 3d scanner that replaced the employee. I put the shit in the scanner with 1" of space between everything and tapped my card and left. I didn't even get crack cocaine on my shit, and didn't have to exchange pleasantries with someone who was fresh out of meth amphetamines.

The Sam's club in Apollo Beach, FL has RFID scanning lines.
Shopper opens their phone with the QR code showing to the scanners above.
Roll the cart into the lined area and in three seconds you're on your way out the door.
Fucking scary.
No tip jar though

Costco turned several lanes into self checkout. Only a 3'x3' scale and NO skip bagging allowed. Everything must fit on the scale. WTF.

Take my order, bring my food, then leave me alone till I'm done.

Oh I agree. Was just stating how it was different when there's a tip involved.

I'd much rather just get service and they fuck off and not expect anything to having some millennial faggot think we're going to be friends when it comes time to pay the bill, so he sits at the table with us like we fucking invited him for dinner.

My favorite is the obvious corporate policy at the Dutch Brothers coffee chain where the retard 16 year olds who can barely dress themselves are required to try and attempt a conversation with you, every time while some auto tune bullshit is blasting in the background at volume 11.

Oh what are you doing today? I'm killing you in my mind.

Last edited:
Costco turned several lanes into self checkout. Only a 3'x3' scale and NO skip bagging allowed. Everything must fit on the scale. WTF.

I saw that here too at one of the rare times I've gone.

I absolutely HATE fucking Costco. Fucking hate that place and their fuck fuck 'lets randomly move shit' games. I could make an entire thread outlining all of their dumb bullshit and why anyone who says 'I love Costco' is an inbred retard.

Look over and see there's self checkouts but people are still standing in regular lines 20 deep. Doesn't take much to figure out why. The irony was that it was such a pain in the ass to use the self checkouts with no conveyor belt/tabletop on them that they had to staff people for each self check out to help you. Totally defeated the purpose.

I hate Walmart with a passion, but sometimes it’s there and when leaving they have some dummy asking to see your receipt and look through your shit. I’m not a thief so I say no and keep walking, or just keep walking fuck them. these big stores also say a most theft is internal, but treat every customer like a thief and it’s usually policy to not stop actual shop lifters and let them leave. so which is it?

You can say fuck you to receipt checkers in regular stores. But, club stores line Costco and Sam's club can revoke your membership if you refuse. I was so pissed off once at a mile long line to leave the store, I just held up my receipt and yelled 2 items and kept going.
I need a bourbon all of a sudden.

Reactions: MJF
Never quite understood paying a business for the privilege of spending money at their business. Screw Sam's. It's just a bulk sales Walmart.

You can say fuck you to receipt checkers in regular stores. But, club stores line Costco and Sam's club can revoke your membership if you refuse. I was so pissed off once at a mile long line to leave the store, I just held up my receipt and yelled 2 items and kept going.
I need a bourbon all of a sudden.

I don't know what's worse about costco, the endless legions of gray hairs fighting to get in the door or their membership card bullshit. A friend of mine got trespassed from a roseville costco because he was shopping with his dad's card.

I saw that here too at one of the rare times I've gone.

I absolutely HATE fucking Costco. Fucking hate that place and their fuck fuck 'lets randomly move shit' games. I could make an entire thread outlining all of their dumb bullshit and why anyone who says 'I love Costco' is an inbred retard.

Look over and see there's self checkouts but people are still standing in regular lines 20 deep. Doesn't take much to figure out why. The irony was that it was such a pain in the ass to use the self checkouts with no conveyor belt/tabletop on them that they had to staff people for each self check out to help you. Totally defeated the purpose.

2nd cart to transfer your scanned items into.
The Brandon and Apollo Beach Sam's both keep an extra cart at the self checkout.

Someone's mad that I didn't tip them at the drive thru window.

It’s called a Glory HOLE, not a Glory WINDOW, so you must have me confused with someone else. Though the fact that you referred to it as a “drive thru” in the first place means you don’t take long either way, so… 😂

Just giving you shit man, I saw an open door (window? hole? 🤣) and couldn’t resist, haha.

For what it’s worth, I still tip, but I learned at an early age to tip appropriate to the service given. Crappy service? Crappy (no) tip. Good service? Good tip. Amazeballs service (incredibly rare)? Amazeballs tip. Having worked retail/fast-food/customer service in my youth, I can empathize with those on the other side of the counter and am happy to reward quality service and hard work when it’s present.

Welcome to the rational side where people earn a wage for the job they do and if they're really spectacular at it and I happen to be feeling like it, I'll toss a generous tip your way. If you're not spectacular then you get nothing and like it. The kind of people with the kind of jobs where tips are a thing are at their station in life because they made choices that led them there. I was a member of that club once and it sucked so I lifted myself up. I have never been a tipper.

If you expect a tip, you won't get one. If you ask for a tip I'll leave 1 cent on the counter drenched in condiments, stale beer and salad fragments. If you tap the tip jar or wait while I address the issue of a tip at all then I might just short the fucking check by a buck and ask you to get me a glass of water, then walk out.

If you leave me the fuck alone and do your job quickly and without me having to tell you to, you stand a non-zero chance of getting a tip. If you pass the "small plate of lemons" test with my iced tea and my iced tea doesn't go empty and you don't ask me 50 times how everything is then you'll probably get a little something.

I have no pity or sense that I owe anyone anything. I worked myself so hard in order to provide for my family that I won't ever see what is commonly thought of as "retirement age". If I get to do it, so do you. People working today in service industries would have died of exposure where I grew up.

ETA: I remember when my wife and I were first dating and we went to El Torito for a late dinner and drink. Service was abominable, slow, attitude ridden, inaccurate and she was a bit of a bitch. So I left a $.10 tip. The waitress ran after us as we left screaming that we had shorted the check. I said, "No I did not. Learn math." then she looked down at the bill, counted the money and said, "Oh, so no tip then." in a nicely huffy tone and stomped off back to the restaurant. The dumb cunt actually counted the tip first and that really frosted my flakes. I yelled back, "No. You definitely got the tip you earned." and I chortled a bit and we finished walking to the car. My wife was about to walk back and bitch slap the waitress but I restrained her enthusiasm. We had just spent 5 bucks short of every cent we had there only to be ignored entirely for an hour and then given the worst service I've ever received anywhere. Chickie was due for a beatdown.

Last edited:
My wife worked in the restaurant business from age 17 until she retired at 57. She worked every position from busing, food prep, waiting tables to executive chef and ultimately general manager. She is murder on a poor or over friendly waiter. A good waiter is well rewarded.

We were in her restaurant having desert with friends one evening. A young kid wearing a staff shirt walked over and said, "Excuse me, Ma'am, Lou (her night manager) just fired me and I..." She shut him down and asked, "Why are you still in my restaurant? You have five minutes to gather you belongings and get out before I call the cops." Kid walked away with his mouth hanging open. Our friends were...stunned. Thay had never seen this side of her. I had, many times, and was still a little afraid.