• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision STORM Micro Laser Rangefinder, PSQ-23

nightvisiondude721

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2020
Arizona
Hey Hide members, I am looking at adding a STORM laser rangefinder into my kit and wondering what the thoughts are from everyone who has run these. Are they significantly better than “budget” options like the SilencerCo radius and do they fall very short of the Wilcox RAPTAR level of similar devices? Is the illuminator useful on this unit? Laser power impressive? I recently found out about them a few days ago and can’t find a whole ton of information online about them, so looking to get opinions on them from people who have experience.

More than likely stolen or gov property. Just sayin. Those have never been sold commercially. Absolutely cant get it fixed if it goes tits up. Aside from the SPEAR, which is also restricted, the illuminators suck on LRFs anyway and you'd be better served to get a MARS-Lc or RAPTAR S with AB.

Reactions: nightvisiondude721
More than likely stolen or gov property. Just sayin. Those have never been sold commercially. Absolutely cant get it fixed if it goes tits up. Aside from the SPEAR, which is also restricted, the illuminators suck on LRFs anyway and you'd be better served to get a MARS-Lc or RAPTAR S with AB.
Great info, I really appreciate the input. It sure seems like there is a big gap in the market, I hope some companies are looking to provide weapon mounted rangefinders to civi’s at reasonable price points. Maybe that’s just wishful thinking. I don’t have a hard time spending the money, but the cost of the MARAS and RAPTAR is hard to justify.