• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Straight Jacket Armory

I ordered a Impact Precision shouldered prefit in 6GT Oct 28th from their website, received it January 9th for a 10 week turn around. I couldn't ask for better communication and service! Nick and I talked several times and he added some extra's when difficulties were encountered with his suppliers. He didn't have to add any extras and I didn't ask for it, this just shows you the quality of Nick's character and customer service.

When the barrel arrived I pulled my old 6GT barrel off and torqued the new SJA-6gt on. The tenon threads were perfect and matched up to my action well. I checked head space and that too was great, surprisingly so was the alignment of the added engraving... WOW!
20200114_163350-1.jpg

I fired three rounds of 33.5 grain Varget under a 105 Hybrid to check function and velocity and the cases extracted with easy giving me velocity of 2826fps for the first round fired and 2865fps for both round 2 & 3. The next day I took this load and rifle out to the range and zeroed the scope which required less than .3mils from my previous 6GT barrel zero setting and then fired the next 16 rounds into roughly 5/8-11/16ths of an inch at 100 yards... mind you this is a blind handload. I have not done any load development yet with this barrel.

If you can't tell, I am completely impressed with this barrel and my experience with Straight Jacket Armory. I will be using them again and will be singing there praise this year at the 13 or so matches I plan to attend.

Thank you Nick and Straight Jacket Armory!

5 rounds off of barricade in 45 seconds.
20200114_164133-1.jpg
20200114_164323-1.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know whose blanks are they using for AI stainless prefits?

I thought I remember them having a choice between Proof and Benchmark. Just call up Nick and ask. They're awesome to chat with. 3 barrels from them now and nothing but great things to say.

Reactions: jimmymcnulty
I got my Proof SS Comp barrel for an Origin a couple of week ago and love it. She's thiiiicckk. 1/2 moa with Prime USA 6.5cm

I got my Proof SS Comp barrel for an Origin a couple of week ago and love it. She's thiiiicckk. 1/2 moa with Prime USA 6.5cm
What did you have before? I'm thinking about getting Proof SS Comp too. I've always used Heavy and Medium Palmas. Not sure how the Proof Comp will balance.

What did you have before? I'm thinking about getting Proof SS Comp too. I've always used Heavy and Medium Palmas. Not sure how the Proof Comp will balance.

I had a HawkHill Marksman. I didn't see much difference in balance but did feel the added weight. Going from a palmas you might need to add weight to the rear for balance.

I ordered a Packlite 6.5PRC from SJA the beginning of December last year. I've followed those guys for quite a while and up to that point it was a just a fantasy. The end of year sale put my dream rifle closer if not just slightly out of reach so I reached out to Nick, he knew I had been drooling for a long time, to see what he could do for me. He offered to carry me for a bit until I collected the full amount then he would build my rifle for me. I couldn't believe it. Long story short, I convinced the Mrs to let me put the entire amount on a CC so my next call a day later was to pay my tab. Busted my ass a few weeks and paid off the CC, collected enough for optics, called Nick back and got a great deal on a Leupold Mark 5HD and ARC rings. I still havent received the rifle, its been about 20 weeks now I guess, but I think its coming soon. At least I hope so, I am extremely anxious to get my hands on it.

The Proof Competition contour is heavier than the Heavy Palma.

The Proof Competition contour is heavier than the Heavy Palma.
Thanks. I ended up ordering 26" VCC contour from them that should be here tomorrow. I'm probably going to regret my choice it but oh well.
Not sure why UPS says the package only 5lb though..

Oh snap. I’ve been waiting for a barrel since 03/08.
I wonder what the hold up is.
They are probably waiting for the barrels? I placed online order and was not quoted any timeframe for delivery and was expecting 8-12 weeks. Try emailing. They reply within a day.

Bighorn Origin

@LA260

I emailed them on Tuesday and haven’t received a response. I just figured they we’re running short because of the wuflu.

What brand barrel did you order? I know they had a hard time getting Benchmark M24. I called for an update and that’s what they told me. Offered to switch to the proof SS comp which I accepted and it shipped the next day.

What brand barrel did you order? I know they had a hard time getting Benchmark M24. I called for an update and that’s what they told me. Offered to switch to the proof SS comp which I accepted and it shipped the next day.

Not a benchmark. I recall they used to use Proof stainless for the pre-fits but didn’t know if they switched or not. I just ordered a 20” med.palma, 6.5 creedmoor Pre-fit for an Origin. Didn’t see anything about lead times other than allowing six weeks for delivery so I reached out after for clarification and a question about ordering another barrel and haven’t heard back.
I’m not upset about it, just curious if people are getting barrels turned around in a month.

You can pay a rush order for 1-150 and from order placed it will be shipped inside 6 straight days

I emailed them again and Nick got back to me with a reply a few hours later that didn’t have much to do with my question on the status of my barrel so I guess I’ll just see when my barrel shows up. 🤷‍♂️

Bighorn Origin

@LA260

I emailed them on Tuesday and haven’t received a response. I just figured they were running short because of the wuflu.
They are very short staffed already but another person had to be out starting last week.

You may try re-sending the email. They can miss them with so much going on and so few on hand at the office.

With ya there on the wait. Was told 6-8 weeks when ordered over phone on 7/3/20. Talked with them last week and was told it should have been 10-12 week turnaround. Best I can tell by the conversation is they still do not have a blank to turn in house. Still hoping we meet the new turnaround time.

I havent seen any updates i was right before you 8-11-20. But they have been swamped there was a video update not long ago on Facebook on then only setting a small window of time for calls and emails ...

@StraightShooter77

Nick and crew up there are top notch. I wouldn’t hesitate spending that on one of their guns.

Covid wrecked the supply chain. I ordered my Packlite December of 2019 and took possession June of 2020. The rifle shoots lights out. Absolutely ridiculous accuracy. Spent a few days with the guys and you couldn’t ask for better people. Like you’ve known them your whole life.
9F716CA5-C7E9-42D7-AAF8-AD614AA4A4D7.jpeg
2477683C-7AED-4F93-A400-7B0DDA43C0A7.jpeg

Reactions: midwestoffroad
any new lead times. My order was 8/12/2020

I placed an order with them on 3/27 for a Proof Sendero Light 22" barrel. Nick called last week and said the barrel was finally received from Proof. They had it chambered and ready to ship in a couple days after receipt. He apologized profusely for the long wait time. He's a good guy and I won't hesitate to order another.

Reactions: nrspence
This is good to hear.... Searching around for a 6.5prc prefit Bartlein CF for a Tikka and they seem to have what I need. Heard of them, but didn't know the quality in workmanship.

Well my problem is, I was quoted 8-10 weeks one a simple build. I am currently at 17 weeks. I was told the person that completed my order was released.
5 weeks ago I called spoke with Nick who stated they would get back to me with an estimated time (still waiting for nick 5 weeks later). He also informed me that Terminus was not shipping the action I had selected due to some lawsuits with Curtis. I was informed that the Trigger I selected was not compatible with the action, and I would need to upgrade (at a cost) it to a different trigger. At week 14 I sent a simple email asking for an update on an estimated time. At week 15 I called and spoke with Tristan, he was going to call me back with and update (still waiting for that call back). Week 16 I sent and email ( no response). Today is weak 17, I called and go a hold of Tristen. He was going to call me back with an update in a couple of minutes. It has been 6 hours. So three phone calls and 2 emails, all a weak apart, and still no real answer.

It's one thing to miss quote a timeline. Be a responsible Business owner and follow up. Tell me there is nothing new. Tell me to go to hell, I don't care just tell me something.

Straight Jacket has no problem requesting all funds up front because people do not follow through. Well Straight Jacket does not follow through. I see there are still pushing the set up, I purchased, even know the do not have the ability to deliver it. Why you would advertise anything for sell and require a 100% deposit is beyond me. Your either lying to me or Lying to anyone making a purchase. There is no way, you can tell me you dont know when I will have my action completed, but give a completion date to someone new looking to make a purchase.

Last purchase with them for sure.

@Prebanpaul - At any point did you just ask them to get a refund?

There is no denying that they've had some issues. The reason I still support them is that they are honest about it, admit it, and have demonstrated actions to resolve it. I've dealt with another smith who just constantly denied issues, acted like a pathological liar, and started to make sh*t up about the customer apparently as retribution for calling him out on his repeated lies. Nick is not like that. I'm surprised and disappointed to hear of your experience with StraightJacket and I do hope that Nick makes it right for you. I have referred a few others to him and he's done them right, sorry to hear your experience was different.

In my case I had ordered a 25 SST barreled action from him. He was up front that it could take a few months to get the barrel from proof as none of his sources had one in stock. A couple weeks later I noticed one in stock at an online retailer. I emailed Nick about it and he ordered it, paying full retail, and had my action ready about two weeks later. No additional cost to me. I had sent him a stock, bottom metal, and trigger and had a quote from him for assembling it all including bedding the action. In the end, de did it all at no cost to make up for the slight delay in getting the action built. Around April I ordered a AXMC barrel, being forewarned that the large tenon barrels would take some time with all COVID impacts. He checked in to keep letting me know of updates and then shipped it priority shipping as soon as it was ready. So, me personally, I'll definitely keep working with him.

Reactions: Longrange****
I have 2 SJA barrels and they both shoot lights out. I unfortunately did have issues with both of my barrels though. My 308 barrel the reamer shot the bed and it was a tiny bit too small so some of my 308 brass didn't fit. My 6GT barrel, a piece kicked up and caused a small burr in the chamber so the brass expanding had a small protrusion.

All of it was fixed and turned around and Nick was great to work with. So from a customer service point of view, definitely enjoyed that they at least took fault in their work, fixed it and did what they could to make it right with me. I ended up ordering recently a 6.5CM barrel from them, but honestly with the industry and shortage of supply I don't expect that barrel most likely 2-3 months... at last.

It is unfortunate that the expectations aren't being set right with the customer. That is one advice that I would give to them, if you're honestly backed up 6+ months, just be honest about it and not keep telling a customer week after week it'll be next week. Also if you're backed up by 6+ months, running "sales" and "bf deals" is kind of pointless too...

@Prebanpaul what Terminus action did you try and order?

My build is a terminus Apollo action with the 2nd largest countour barrel no tapper 260 remington. The stated 5 weeks ago that the barrel was done. And they are just waiting on the action. I sold my vector action based on them being able to source what I needed.
They only maybe positive thing is now the action are suppose to be fully DLC coated and it’s suppose to be one piece instead of the lug be separate.

My build is a terminus Apollo action with the 2nd largest countour barrel no tapper 260 remington. The stated 5 weeks ago that the barrel was done. And they are just waiting on the action. I sold my vector action based on them being able to source what I needed.
They only maybe positive thing is now the action are suppose to be fully DLC coated and it’s suppose to be one piece instead of the lug be separatbackorder.

Didn't I just recently see that the Apollo were just getting back from coating.

Im sure there there are covid related closures and delays .