• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Straight marks on case heads

Chickentoast

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2019
300 Win Mag Match, Virgin Lapua brass, H1000, CCI 250's, 208 ELD-M @ 15 off lands. Std R700 bolt, plunger ejector.

3 rounds each from 70-73.5 grains, in 0.5 grain increments, 70 grains is the top row.

Only 3 cases exhibited the issue.
On the far left, in the 1st, 3rd, and 6th rows.

ECBF6889-205A-4606-9196-2FF0B2C3145C.jpeg

I can see a line just under the ejector. So I would say it is your bolt face. You can probably feel it if you run your finger nail over it.

I still can't see or feel it, but stands to reason it must be there - I'll give the bolt a scrub and see if it either cleans up or becomes more apparent. Thanks!

That's cool the camera picked it up because I can't see it with the naked eye - different angles and different light, can't see it. I have 74 and 74.5 grains left on virgin brass, then starting 75 grains with 1X brass and continuing up. Figured I'd stop in the 2850 fps range, assuming no pressure, and move into tenths of powder to find the sweet spot.