• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Strelok now banned/sanctioned in the US.

What ever happened to Vortex releasing an app that used the same or similar features?

It's stupid that no one else has put in the work to make a similar app.

They acquired GeoBallistics shortly before releasing their new weapon-mounted LRF.

Personally I prefer it to Strelok, but to each their own.

I upgraded from Iphone 11 to 15 this October and tried everything to transfer Strelok Pro to my new phone. Nothing worked. So I ended up keeping the 11 as a range phone.

I just successfully transferred using the imazing application above and it worked perfectly. Make sure you export your strelok settings to the cloud so you get all of your data after you do the transfer.

It was very simple and worked perfectly. Thanks to all who suggested this route.

Reactions: lash
I still use the original IStrelok program. :p All of my reticles are older and supported by it, well until I bout two RT scopes with the SCR2 reticle. So, I did try a few of the other ballistic programs out, and I have to say that many of them are really bad due to their poor user interface.

Out of all of the ones I tried, I will have to agree that GeoBallistics is the best one next to IStrelok that I use. GeoBallistics is also free but limited to just one rifle and no ability to; export data, Kestrel link, no ad's (Which I have yet to see any), rifle syncing. Though for 14.99$, I will probably buy it.

While I'll play with the reticle feature, I've NEVER used it while actually shooting nor would miss it if it went away. Maybe someone can sell me on its use. Maybe I'm not seeing the value in it. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe someone can sell me on its use. Maybe I'm not seeing the value in it. 🤷‍♂️

For me personally, the reticle feature has come in most handy with SFP scopes with some sort of calibrated ballistic reticle. For example, last summer I had a Burris 1-6 with a ballistic reticle in it on my Marlin 336 Cowboy 30-30. I was trying to see how accurately I could shoot it out to 600 yards. At 600 yards, the app told me to set it on 4x and aim using the bottom of the center post. It was spot on, and I hit a 14”x16” steel plate 4 out of 5 times; next I’ll be trying it with open sites now that I know the rifles potential.

That reticle feature also works well with my Zeiss Conquest scopes with the Rapid Z reticle as it tells you what power to set the scope on to make the hold overs accurate with whatever round you are using.

Yeah, that is the nice thing about the reticle function in Strelok Pro. Not only does it give you the sight picture you should expect to see, it trues the reticle. Especially on second focal plane where you hit max zoom of 9 or 10 and the hold offs are supposed to be at 100, 200, and on, that will change based on the round, MV, all those things and this will give you the actual values. So, even if you want to use the hold overs in the Christmas tree of an FFP scope, you will know what the true value is.

Last edited:
Reactions: lash and KYAggie
While I'll play with the reticle feature, I've NEVER used it while actually shooting nor would miss it if it went away. Maybe someone can sell me on its use. Maybe I'm not seeing the value in it. 🤷‍♂️
I know I used it a ton when shopping for a scope lol

Now I build a range card and don’t use the reticle feature much. But it was awesome visualization tool for me, as you can select different animals to see how your target would appear in the reticle.

Besides animal targets, you can also choose IPSC, IBS, F-Class, Appleseed, man-sized, etc targets.

Good for hunting and MPBR. Max point blank range. Go fox shooting and gives hold over / under. Thats how i used it. When on the back of a ute you had no real time other than reaction. Worked great.

Anyone know anything about how to update it on iPhone? There's a bunch of new reticles and shit out there that I would love to update my Strelok Pro with...

Anyone know anything about how to update it on iPhone? There's a bunch of new reticles and shit out there that I would love to update my Strelok Pro with...
Buy a cheap Samsung and just use it for that. The only iOS play is the imazing app to move existing from old to new iDevices.

Vortex’s app is Geo Ballistics. I have been using for over a year. It works very well. I have the Razor HD4000 Geo and the Impact 4000. They give great results

I hear rumor we are going to see more Geo Ballistics instruments very soon.

Scratch that, I did have to re-buy it but it is the latest version.

what is the latest version? ive got Pro 6.9.2. i dont need to update and i am not going to but wanted to know what the latest version in the wild is.

Vortex’s app is Geo Ballistics. I have been using for over a year. It works very well. I have the Razor HD4000 Geo and the Impact 4000. They give great results

How does the regular handheld razor 4000 geo work out for you? Is it worth getting if one likes geo ballistics? Thanks.

Reactions: MikeMiller
Absolutely worth getting. Fantastic piece of gear. Light, good optics, accurate and easy enough a Cave Man (me) can use it

It’s my go to for hunting and carbine work
Great to hear. Not ready for the impact 4000 yet, I’m to worried that I might want one for every rifle if I like it 🤣

Great to hear. Not ready for the impact 4000 yet, I’m to worried that I might want one for every rifle if I like it 🤣
I understand and think the Razor 4000 GB is a better one to start with. My Impact is super sweet but to get most out of it you need to zero it in top of the rifle you use it in and that means new zero for laser every time you change it from rifle to rifle.

The Razor GB 4000 stores all my rifle profiles inside so I just toggle to the weapon I am using and shoot. Love it

Reactions: Schütze

That's a nice one, too. One caveat, it is only in millirad. If someone, such as myself, has MOA scopes, then some math will be involved.

Buy a cheap Samsung and just use it for that. The only iOS play is the imazing app to move existing from old to new iDevices.

Am I understanding this correctly? You can buy a cheap Samsung and download the latest version of Pro on it without any trouble? I have IOS stuff now and could not get it to transfer when I upgraded. Might be worth it to grab a Samsung device if this is true.

Reactions: Ronws
Yes, as long as it has Galaxy Store which is Samsung's version of Apple Store. Galaxy Store still has Strelok Pro available.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240131_094926_Galaxy Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20240131_094926_Galaxy Store.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 14
Am I understanding this correctly? You can buy a cheap Samsung and download the latest version of Pro on it without any trouble? I have IOS stuff now and could not get it to transfer when I upgraded. Might be worth it to grab a Samsung device if this is true.
I never had strelok previously. Bought it recently (version 7.1.5). Running a s20+. Had to buy it through Galaxy Store not my normal Google Play Store. Just updated it to the 7.1.6 just now.

Reactions: Ronws and KYAggie
You have to re-purchase Strelok Pro via the Samsung Galaxy store (their version of Google Play), it will then stay updated via them. If you are using a cheap phone with no cell service, just connect it to your home wi-fi once in a while to update.

Reactions: KYAggie and Ronws
Also if you still have your old iPhone try the app he mentions:

You won't get new versions but you can move your existing one to a new iOS device if using the same AppleID

I don‘t have my old iPhone as you have trade them in with Verizon to get the deals on new ones, but it’s tempting to buy a Galaxy S20 used and go at it from that direction.

Reactions: Charmingmander