• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Strelok now banned/sanctioned in the US.

I doubt they were thinking about US gun owners in this move. Seems self important to think that in my opinion. But it's all speculation anyway.
I don’t know if you pay attention to the things they will do to fuck gun owners.

From shooting innocents at Vegas to fast and furious to brace bs. To slowing down transfers. Etc

Interesting…there’s an app in the US Apple App Store called, oddly enough, Chairgun Elite Ballistics. It either stole the entire general user flows, reticles, and targets etc from Strelok or it is the same owner but based in Poland and Italy. Or I suppose the tech could have been sold/licensed and transferred to a separate entity not affiliated with Igor.

The below site is linked off of the App Store page:

Addresses on that page, for posterity:
Warsaw, Poland, 02-502

Monza, Italy, 20900, Lecco 56

The website is…uh…sorta weird and obviously a template was used. Who puts a corporate chick on the first page of a ballistic tool’s website? And from the home page, one cannot get to the privacy policy.

The name of the company is Ballistic Solutions Research and Development and the guy listed is Siarhei Raichonak. It’s been up on the App Store for at least a year.

A49C55DB-D4A7-4F9A-BAFD-C99EE931C7A2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: BurtG
Interesting…there’s an app in the US Apple App Store called, oddly enough, Chairgun Elite Ballistics. It either stole the entire general user flows, reticles, and targets etc from Strelok or it is the same owner but based in Poland and Italy. Or I suppose the tech could have been sold/licensed and transferred to a separate entity not affiliated with Igor.

The below site is linked off of the App Store page:

Addresses on that page, for posterity:
Warsaw, Poland, 02-502

Monza, Italy, 20900, Lecco 56

The website is…uh…sorta weird and obviously a template was used. Who puts a corporate chick on the first page of a ballistic tool’s website? And from the home page, one cannot get to the privacy policy.

The name of the company is Ballistic Solutions Research and Development and the guy listed is Siarhei Raichonak. It’s been up on the App Store for at least a year.
It's been awhile since I've been involved but Chairgun has been used for years especially in the airgun shooting community. If I remember correctly it was acquired by Hawke Sport Optics then later development for it was stopped. My guess is that app/website is fake.

It's been awhile since I've been involved but Chairgun has been used for years especially in the airgun shooting community. If I remember correctly it was acquired by Hawke Sport Optics then later development for it was stopped. My guess is that app/website is fake.
The app isn’t fake, as I’ve downloaded it and it seems to work fine. But the target drawings and reticles and, well, everything is exactly like Strelok. The stuff is just slightly reorganized.

The website seems like an afterthought.

Reactions: Jsp556 and BurtG
The app isn’t fake, as I’ve downloaded it and it seems to work fine. But the target drawings and reticles and, well, everything is exactly like Strelok. The stuff is just slightly reorganized.

The website seems like an afterthought.
I meant fake as in not Chairgun. Maybe the developer of that app took the interface from Strelok I dunno.

Reactions: carbonbased
I meant fake as in not Chairgun. Maybe the developer of that app took the interface from Strelok I dunno.
I see what you meant. In any case, that would be one way to get around sanctions. Buy an existing app and inject the DNA of the sanctioned app.

But this does seem a little silly. It’s one thing to sanction a giant Russian oil company. It’s quite another to sanction a tiny app. But I suppose if you sanction a person, anything they touch is also sanctioned.

Last edited:
I saw this yesterday, and had been putting off upgrading to Strelok Pro for years… I bought it for $11.99 yesterday just so I would have it already on my phone, incase the App Store decides to axe it. 🤣😂🤣

I saw this yesterday, and had been putting off upgrading to Strelok Pro for years… I bought it for $11.99 yesterday just so I would have it already on my phone, incase the App Store decides to axe it. 🤣😂🤣
Make sure you back up your Strelok to both the iCloud and also to Dropbox. With Dropbox you can get to the actual file in case Apple deletes the backup as well.

To backup: on the main screen of Strelok, click on big gear in lower left. Scroll down and click both the Data Backup types. (iCloud and Dropbox).

Why are you so aggressive because you have more messages than me? It's funny, does it give you the right to use words like "Fuck" with me?
What goals can I pursue? To impose sanctions on Borisov twiсe? because I wrote a message on a small forum? Are you seriously?
Why was this thread created? To write what a stupid government and that you need to vote for Trump or help Russian? Why do you need no evidence to write that the government is stupid, but to prove the opposite, you require documents from me certified by a notary?
If I send screenshots where there is Russian text, how can you translate them and make sure that I did not write this text in Word? lol
If I send you a link to Wikipedia, to an article that was written in 2008, will you not be afraid to open it and claim that this is all a global conspiracy?
This is an article about the AIST company, which says that its owner and founder is deputy Igor Vladimirovich Borisov and describes the scheme according to which Igor, being a Russian MP, allocated money from the state budget to his company and that the company was then sold for 20 million dollars to Russia.
Further, this article ( http://patron-info.ru/2012/2015-10-18/strelok-izvestnost-po-vsemu-miru ) is an interview with Igor Borisov with photo, where he himself says that he is the owner of the AIST company and that he is the author of the Strelok app (the article was written in 2012).

All other information is also tritely googled in 10 minutes. about his criminal record, about the fact that Strelok is disabled for Ukrainians, about the fact that the app uses an API that collects private data (for example Dropbox integration) and nothing is written about it.
This sounds like it was written by a computer program. Is that you ChatGPT?

Reactions: FuhQ and lash
There are multiple ways to backup the Strelok App once you have it on your android phone. Some ways are more complicated than others. The simplest is to use "Apk Extractor" in the app store. Then it can be saved until later when it is needed on another phone. Sorry I know nothing about iPhones but I am betting there is a way to do it on one of those too.

Reactions: AllenOne1
It’s still showing up available in the apple App Store. I kinda what to buy it and download just to say fuck you.

Once downloaded I don’t see how they could block its use, or am I wrong?
The only data is the original download and then the updates. The updates are mostly just adding to the library of ammo and the library of reticles.

Thanks.

It's only been ~5 minutes and the Hornady and Geoballistics Apps already have me wanting to spike my iPhone like Gronk spikes a football...

Hornady should be ashamed of themselves.

How the hell does one true their MV and/or BC with the Hornady App (with Strelok Pro it's a 2-button press, 2-second operation)..?

Does anyone know if Hornady has a rep on the Hide? Do they even know how shitty their App is lol..?
And the clouds part, the sun shines down, and the angels sing, "Hallelujah! Amen!"

well, I've been meaning to look at DT's TRASOL for a while, but kept putting it off. Watching the thread in case anyone finds a decent replacement just in case.

Thanks.

It's only been ~5 minutes and the Hornady and Geoballistics Apps already have me wanting to spike my iPhone like Gronk spikes a football...

How the hell does one true their MV and/or BC with the Hornady App (with Strelok Pro it's a 2-button press, 2-second operation)..?

Does anyone know if Hornady has a rep on the Hide? Do they even know how shitty their App is lol..?
Why would you want to adjust BC when it’s using a drag curve and you can indeed adjust that. If you want BC, use the G1/G7 calculator that’s included and not 4DOF.

Perhaos I’m not understanding correctly?

Reactions: kindabitey
Thanks.

This is long but if you want to really get started with 4DOF this video will help. I'm going to move my information into 4DOF after watching this video.

Reactions: CK1.0 and max1840
He needs to update and include the new Arken VHR reticles (MIL & MOA) and the Primary Arms ACSS Griffin M10S MIL reticle in the 1-10x28 SLx LPVO.

This is long but if you want to really get started with 4DOF this video will help. I'm going to move my information into 4DOF after watching this video.

Unfortunately, after watching that video (well skimming it anyways), now I'm even more pissed they're banning Strelok Pro.

That dude describing the axial form factor and setting up different "HI" and "LO" profiles sort of makes me think "do these guys even know how dumb this sounds? They must have never tried Strelok Pro lol"... it's ridiculous, awkward even.

Hornady with their "axial form factor" nonsense seems like they're trying to get too cute IMO, just like Applied Ballistics and their "custom drag models" or whatever it's called... fuck all that proprietary bullshit lol.

We live in a "true the MV, then true the BC" world, it's not that complicated, they need to stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

Just call it what it is, truing MV and BC, and make a good App/solver that does that easily, no need to own the copyright on some stupid terminology so they can go around saying their way is so much better than the old way.

I forgot to add that Geoballistics, while not great, seems to be much better than that Hornady abomination. Geoballistics at least has MV truing (not as easy as Strelok Pro), but I haven't found an option to true BC with it?

But thanks to @carbonbased I've performed the double backup and hopefully, I can just continue using Strelok Pro lol.

Reactions: carbonbased
I forgot to add that Geoballistics, while not great, seems to be much better than that Hornady abomination. Geoballistics at least has MV truing (not as easy as Strelok Pro), but I haven't found an option to true BC with it?

But thanks to @carbonbased I've performed the double backup and hopefully, I can just continue using Strelok Pro lol.
You just change the bc…

You just change the bc…

I get it, but it's a dumb way to do it since you then have to waste a round (or many) to see if your guess is correct.

In Strelok Pro, if you know your speed/MV is correct (say 2722fps, which you can verify/true at 400-600 yards first), and then shoot out to 1000 yards using, say 8.7mils, and see that it's low, one can just measure the distance with their reticle to see the difference between their POA and POI (let's say it's 3 tenths). Then, all one has to do is tap "truing", switch it from MV to BC, enter 9mils, it calculates the new BC, hit "use this BC", and voila.

The next round will go where it's supposed to go, no guessing, easy peasy.

Honestly, with a good App/solver, if someone belongs to a club with known distance targets in the 400-600 range for MV, and 600+ for BC, they don't even need a chrono anymore. Once they've got their MV they can go out further and true their BC, and once out at distance, if their groups are consistently small and their waterline looks good, then their SD/ES is probably good too.

IMG_7051.PNG

Last edited:
He needs to update and include the new Arken VHR reticles (MIL & MOA) and the Primary Arms ACSS Griffin M10S MIL reticle in the 1-10x28 SLx LPVO.

I just checked Strelok Pro on my iPhone and iPad Pro and the Arken VHR MIL, EPL4 6-24 and VHR MOA EPL4 4-16 are listed.

Strelok Arken.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: lash and FuhQ
I just checked Strelok Pro on my iPhone and iPad Pro and the Arken VHR MIL, EPL4 6-24 and VHR MOS EPL4 4-16 are listed.

View attachment 8086316
I haven't finished transferring everything over from iStrelok to Strelok Pro, so I haven't gotten that far. When I went to swap the scope data on my Ranger 22 to the EPL4, it wasn't there, but that was a month or 2 ago. Maybe he updated them recently.

I hope he updates the PA SLx 1-10x28 ACSS Griffin M10S MIL reticle soon.

While we're griping about reticles, I have to settle for the MSR-2 on the M5xi 5-25? Insulting! I need the T6xi 5-30 or I'll sue!

Anyway, just with the latest update, I got this new feature:
2023-02-28 22.15.34.jpg

And denied it. This is an OS-provided dialog. The app is blocked at a low level from getting access to stuff unless you let it, so: no location for mine. Pretty much guaranteed. If you worried.

GPS is for coriolis effect. You can always enter data manually, or ignore it. You don't really need it unless you are doing weird long range things.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-01-22-19-23-43_ccc757fd76cd73e6bc05febe6bc94fa4_compress98.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-01-22-19-23-43_ccc757fd76cd73e6bc05febe6bc94fa4_compress98.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: shoobe01
This may or may not be the underground strelok pro help forum, but where does one enter the bullet speed sensitivity info found on the trajectory chart?

Nevermind. Found it…

Last edited:
Updates are still working in the IOS versions. I just updated Strelok Pro on both my iPhone and iPad this morning and everything still works just fine.

Reactions: FuhQ
Well, there a difference between putting something on a list and actively enforcing the items on said list. Sometimes it’s a matter of time. Other times it’s a matter of people with pull that hold off on enforcement.

Well, there a difference between putting something on a list and actively enforcing the items on said list. Sometimes it’s a matter of time. Other times it’s a matter of people with pull that hold off on enforcement.
Or, it's grand theater, saber-rattling to look tough. Like Sen. McConnell. Gives stern looks about how he is going to hold dems' feet to the flames and then turns around and gives them literally everything they wanted. McConnell, the greatest thing to happen for the DNC.

Reactions: FuhQ and lash
We live in a "true the MV, then true the BC" world, it's not that complicated, they need to stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

Is thar what the experts are saying now true the muzzle velocity?

If using a good Chrono why would you want to change the velocity

Strelok has been great for me with no trying fwiw

Is thar what the experts are saying now true the muzzle velocity?

If using a good Chrono why would you want to change the velocity

Strelok has been great for me with no trying fwiw

Not an expert maybe, but, don't get me wrong, a chronograph is still a valid and useful tool in the toolkit. But once you're in the ballpark, IMO it's always a good practice to check/confirm/true your MV before truing your BC.

One can confirm their MV at 500-600 yards easily without having to break out a chrono, it only takes a shot or 2 and then using your reticle to measure your POI against your POA/waterline to know if it's correct or fucked up.

If you've got your shit together and your parameters entered correctly your MV won't change a whole lot (your solver will work things out for you in the background), but it might move a tenth up or down depending on weather/atmospherics here and there over the course of a whole season. Combustion changes a little depending on temperature and weather conditions, and with that, MV does too.

If your MV is wrong and you move onto BC, you'll be chasing your tail and all fucked up, so IMO one doesn't happen without first checking the other.

(It should go without saying that before going down this path one might want to reconfirm their zero at 100 first.)

Reactions: AllenOne1
Not an expert maybe, but, don't get me wrong, a chronograph is still a valid and useful tool in the toolkit. But once you're in the ballpark, IMO it's always a good practice to check/confirm/true your MV before truing your BC.

One can confirm their MV at 500-600 yards easily without having to break out a chrono, it only takes a shot or 2 and then using your reticle to measure your POI against your POA/waterline to know if it's correct or fucked up.

If you've got your shit together and your parameters entered correctly your MV won't change a whole lot (your solver will work things out for you in the background), but it might move a tenth up or down depending on weather/atmospherics here and there over the course of a whole season. Combustion changes a little depending on temperature and weather conditions, and with that, MV does too.

If your MV is wrong and you move onto BC, you'll be chasing your tail and all fucked up, so IMO one doesn't happen without first checking the other.

(It should go without saying that before going down this path one might want to reconfirm their zero at 100 first.)
I think Burt's comment was more in the vein of "If know my velocity has been accurately measured, why would I change a known good variable?"

Or another way of saying "If my velocity is a known good variable, and the ballistics' software doesn't match, then something is wrong with the software or some other variable."

LOL, duh, if I had already set up the chrono and was already using that, then yep, no need to confirm/true anything as far as MV.

Reactions: maceface and BurtG
This thread reminded me to download pro onto my iPad, in addition to my phone.
I think Burt's comment was more in the vein of "If know my velocity has been accurately measured, why would I change a known good variable?"

Or another way of saying "If my velocity is a known good variable, and the ballistics' software doesn't match, then something is wrong with the software or some other variable."
When working within a system containing a systematic error, one might need to "lie" to the system in order to get the correct answer. You might have an accurate MV. But, if the correct MV gives the wrong answer when input into the software, massaging the input is much easier than rewriting the software. This is the crux of MV truing. You work within the limits of the system to get the correct answer. And, it is entirely possible that your measured MV is not accurate, even if it is precisely measured.

So so glad I had Strelok Pro on an older phone I was using as a music player. Now I'll just keep it on that device and never connect it to a network. Even if kill command gets put out, it'll never get to my device.

This thread reminded me to download pro onto my iPad, in addition to my phone.

When working within a system containing a systematic error, one might need to "lie" to the system in order to get the correct answer. You might have an accurate MV. But, if the correct MV gives the wrong answer when input into the software, massaging the input is much easier than rewriting the software. This is the crux of MV truing. You work within the limits of the system to get the correct answer. And, it is entirely possible that your measured MV is not accurate, even if it is precisely measured.

taps-head-tapping.gif

It has also been removed from the Apple Store too. With Apple IOS, apps do not automatically update so I can skip any updates that might kill the app.

It has also been removed from the Apple Store too. With Apple IOS, apps do not automatically update so I can skip any updates that might kill the app.
That’s why I went ahead and bought the Pro version. I foresaw this happening. Apple has a history of doing this type of weak knee-jerk kowtow shit.

I also have an iPad mini 4 that I haven't updated the apps in a few weeks. I updated the apps last night. Strelok was on the list but would NOT update and I got a message stating that the app was removed from the store. So no updates with a kill feature will be coming for those using Strelok on IOS.

I also have an iPad mini 4 that I haven't updated the apps in a few weeks. I updated the apps last night. Strelok was on the list but would NOT update and I got a message stating that the app was removed from the store. So no updates with a kill feature will be coming for those using Strelok on IOS.
We can hope that the sanctions will not last forever? Upon the Strelok dev, at least. Selfish reasons but…

Reactions: FuhQ
Can anyone reference which sanction package this is a part of?

Often the developer can work around these things, depends what the restriction is. I am unclear on which it is though.

and still old joe is allowed to draw another breath dam communist dick tator . at least the program is still working just won't be getting any updates I guess.